Arch Linux, a lightweight and flexible Linux® distribution that tries to Keep It Simple

Yeah, sure. My time is useless, guys. Feel free to waste it!

So tell me how Arch is 'simple' again?

Why the fuck is Linux such bloatware now a days? Everything is so fucking complex, nothing is elegant anymore. (Was it ever?) Where are the elegant operating systems that have a minimal but orthogonal set of features?

Attached: 1419299573322.jpg (832x468, 107.41K)

It's not, cuz systemd.

Install void linux. Much more lightweight than arch bloatware and doesn't lack something as simple as an installer gui, nor does it have memed.

>>>/g/

Attached: losers.jpg (495x411, 35.99K)

The """Simple""" part means that it's supposed to follow the UNIX(R) Way(TM) and ship packages without unwanted modifications and dependencies. Arch installers (except LARBS) and all spin-off distros, like Manjaro, are total AIDS cancer.

TL;DR
Install Gentoo. It's much more Simple and Lightweight (and Sane!!) than Arch

I agree that Debian is a good distro, but Ubumtoo is a shitty botnet.

If you want something that's elegant (to use) try NixOS. It's a declarative OS that doesn't waste your time and doesn't result in a total mess of an installation.
GuixSD

Boo hoo. Arch installation is dead easy if you can read the wiki page with the installation instructions, and you have the option to customize anything you like. For example, I'm not aware of any Linux installer that lets you set up cryptsetup/LUKS with custom choices for algorithm and key size. But when installing Arch, you can choose any custom options you like for your FDE setup.

Never said it wasn't easy. It's all about lost time (and making mistakes, which everyone does, that's why you automate it.)

0/10 for reading comprehension

TempleOS

The big thing Void's installer lacks is support for setting up encrypted filesystems, but you're right otherwise. It really is like a saner Arch.

I heard using AES/Twofish/Kuznyechik encryption algorithms exposes the system to rubberhose cryptanalysis. The rule of thumb is to keep the data out of your system if it can get you killed.

Attached: truly the future of video codecs.png (309x301, 115.41K)

Is that production-ready, or is it just a meme/academic exercise?

I am not but the answer is No.

You meant Devuan, right? The pretty much only equivalent to both.
Otherwise use gentoo, unironically. It's way ahead of any other distro in terms of comfort.

Devuan is a meme distro by people who don't realize sysvinit is still fully supported by Debian.

Arch isn't made for niggers like you. Go install Ubuntu.

arch is a meme, faggot
is a shitload of bugs and incompatibilities. only bainlets+manlets wannabes and half-educated niggers use it.

Gentoo, dead seriously.

Arch users think they are are 1337 h4x0r5 because they have to choose how to partition their drives and then modify some config files.
They are plebs who need a wiki because they're too lazy to read manpages and need copypasta to get their systems working.
At least, that is what I discovered from every Arch user I've ever met. They are actually afraid of Gentoo.

Newfags. Once the oldtimers die out free software will be pure garbage.

Do you realize your door can be lockpicked or bruteforced in a matter of seconds? Better leave it unlocked from now on.

I use it daily and would say yes, but ymmv

How do you expect to run a real server on a rolling distro?

Sodomites really love to push their degenerate gay lust on everyone don't they? I really wish homos like these die of AIDS.

Attached: 2dd5534590f8a27464e882c9d39f6e3c4b583a3c076e2e20b76c03ce5fe91160.png (603x783, 607.2K)

Look at yourself my gay. Why are you such a self-hating gay?

It's 'simple' for the developers. After all, if you cared about user experience you wouldn't be using Arch in the first place.

This.
And the wiki is shit.

Debian (((Code of Conduct)))

What distro would you install in the computer of someone not Zig Forums?. I was thinking of Solus and it looks great but maybe there's another good option I'm missing.

no

windows 10 home

SYSTEMD

PULSEAUDIO

UDEV

DBUS

(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
That's how they are upstream. They don't modify packages and add those dependencies.

They don't, instead they are taking a really long cock pushing out the "lightweight, flexible, kiss" trademark which they themselves created.
also

The kikes are so pissed that a tiny minority of the market still uses 32 bit cpus they're planning the obsolecense of 15 year old products.

Attached: 1456137692001.jpg (1125x765, 394.48K)

Funtoo