What window manager are you using?

What window manager are you using?
What do you think about this page? xahlee.info/linux/why_tiling_window_manager_sucks.html

Other urls found in this thread:

apple.stackexchange.com/questions/205767/how-do-i-altf4-in-os-x-i-want-to-close-focused-window
xahlee.info/linux/why_tiling_window_manager_sucks.html
igurublog.wordpress.com/2012/11/05/gnome-et-al-rotting-in-threes/
askubuntu.com/questions/286430/nautilus-3-6-doesnt-have-a-status-bar/286438#286438
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hes complaint are totally retarded, almost entirely about the fact that you have to bind a single fucking key. Does he not know your keyboard has two fucking alt keys? Bind one of them retard.
He literally cites Emacs as something he uses and yet is complaining about combo keys.
i3

Stopped reading right there. In i3 it is mod + q(uit).
shit thread. saged

Xfwm4 and Openbox

I honestly have never figured out the appeal of tiling managers.

I'll overlook the fact that you're a walking meme to remark about the irony of a man who dismisses esoteric bindings yet simultaneously espouses the liberal use of function keys. The former is misguided because of the implication that such bindings are set in place, that a wm's functions can't be dictated by the function keys; the latter is flawed because of the hypocrisy.

Used (and still do at work) i3 a lot, then switched to bspwm.

mod + q is estoeric you fuckwad. Alt-F4 works on every fucking system, and everyone considers it standard.

OT, I use GNOME3. Good productivity.

q for quit isn't esoteric, tard.

xfce
yes tiling sucks

Ask that chink if he tried i3, bsp, and/or awesome. by the way he's also unironically a ledditor

You mean every system running windows?
apple.stackexchange.com/questions/205767/how-do-i-altf4-in-os-x-i-want-to-close-focused-window
Kill yourself

Whatever ships with Budgie, which is basically just Gnome with some sensible defaults. I recommend not using it in Solus though, Budgie is the only good thing they made.

It's more standard than your retarded virgin tiling manager mod + q. Is that not esoteric, you spastic fuck? Every GNU/Linux window manager/desktop environment (that isn't for autistic retards like yourself) uses Alt-F4.

It's uncommon, hence esoteric. Learn English, euromutt.

Found the Microshit shill

No wonder Windows is more sucessful than L*nux. And I already stated I use GNOME, child.

lol

lol

epic

ebin

known troll

You have TWO alt keys. It's not like function keys are fucked you retard.

LOL

Attached: DcsJyTSXkAAl1Fd.jpg (500x553, 44.79K)

What's wrong with it? Are you just jealous I have a working and well-integrated desktop while you struggle writing .qtrc and .gtkrc so it fits in with your i3 config?

Mate, I don't know if you're joking, but GNOME 3 is the Windows 8 of the
POSIX DEs; doesn't know if it's made for touchscreen or mouse/keyboards. It's also extremely slow and resource intensive (probably because it interprets js/css under the hood).

i3 is just as bloated, and its ONLY a window manager. The shell itself takes 100M of RAM when idle which is well reasonable for such a good DE.

The interface isn't bad, it's actually well designed for a desktop and has good keybindings for keyboard users. Not only that, they're consistent across all applications so you don't have to relearn every fucking thing. It does have [b]some[/b] touchscreen features, but that's only because the computer market is moving towards that cancer.

Attached: Zrzut ekranu z 2018-07-21 18-34-20.png (1010x85, 23.37K)

Then don't post in a GUI thread, nigger, LoL.

This is a windows manager thread, not a GUI thread. Are you legitimately retarded. Oh right, I forgot
Of course you are retarded.

You can't manage windows in the terminal, you can only manage VTTYs. LoL.

Source: your lying negro ass.
No.
Heh.
It's so good that a whole two projects (Mate and Cinnamon) were just to correct this abortion.

What are tmux/screen/abduco? You can even launch retroarch or mpv through KMS these days.

were created

I literally gave you a screenshot that says 100M.

MATE was made just because people felt nostalgic for GNOME 2 look & feel.

Cinnamon was made just because Linux Mint niggers wanted to make it.

>xahlee.info/linux/why_tiling_window_manager_sucks.html

Of gnome shell, not i3.
Show me any project having that much "nostalgic" or "reluctant to change" quitters. Oh, right, you can't because nothing fucked as much as GNOME 3. Even KDE 4 was this disgusting.

igurublog.wordpress.com/2012/11/05/gnome-et-al-rotting-in-threes/ on someone having to fight the GNOME/Gtk+ bullshit.

Also, stuff removed from Nautilus: askubuntu.com/questions/286430/nautilus-3-6-doesnt-have-a-status-bar/286438#286438

You can with xdotool. I guess you could write some shell scripts to move/resize windows that way (by itself xdotools is kinda tedious).
I just use twm though (the pic, not a tiling WM).

Attached: twm-system.gif (1152x900, 13.52K)

Read the fucking merge? It says they use a floating status bar now. How spastic are you kid.

Good wm, though doesn't support modern shit (window manager hints, etc).

Maybe you missed:

Other things removed ...

Compact View
‘Type Ahead Find’
‘New file’ templates
Application Menu
‘Go’ menu
F3 split screen
‘tree’ view
Bookmark menu items
Backspace shortcut to return to parent folder

Anyway, I don't care. Have fun with your niggerware.

Nothing wrong with that. Kys negro.

WTF ELON HOW I WILL GET TO MARS NOW

i3
>What do you think about this page? xahlee.info/linux/why_tiling_window_manager_sucks.html
Stopped reading at why_tiling_window_manager_sucks.html

Fuck off you tech illiterate nigger.

What the fuck? I don't have time to mess around with theme bullshit. I am using my system for work not ricing. Is this the best shit you got?