You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension

The following is a post submitted to an Apple subreddit bragging that you can do the majority of your "computing" on an iPad/iPhone, now before I lose you immediately, take heed that this is actually a microcosm for the normie population at large. There is still some opposition, but an alarming number of these NPC's are leaving Mac/PC behind. If their demand for computers drops, the price for everyone increases. Here's some choice quotes, these are real beauties.

T R I G G E R W A R N I N G

Original thread: old.reddit.com/r/apple/comments/90ocnu/95_of_my_computing_work_can_be_done_on_my_ipad_pro/

Attached: What's a computer.jpg (1280x720, 69.59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lenovo.com/us/en/desktops-and-all-in-ones/thinkcentre/m-series-tiny/ThinkCentre-M710q/p/11TC1MT710Q
variety.com/2018/gaming/news/superdata-vr-sales-report-1202878145/
dreamworldvision.com/product
mellottsvrpage.com/index.php/fov-comparison-eyepieces/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fuck off kike

It's the ones who push moving everything into "cloud computing" that really aggravate me. It really gives (((them))) greater power in being able to de-platform you. I don't use social media, so banning me from those sites has no effect, but if they could remove my ability to compute differential equations, that'd be quite something. Sadly it'll happen, and your computing privileges will be tied to some sort of Citizen Social Score.

That place is a cesspool, what else is new? It would be saying that the sun is bright.

WAAAAAAAAAAAA YOU'RE A BLACKPILL KIKE WE CAN STILL FIGHT THIS
In all seriousness, thank you so fucking much for spitting the truth. Sadly this will fall on deaf ears yet again as this board has been compromised by bluepill cucks.

Have you ever seen DeX pads and NUCs? Smaller form factors is the way of the future. Get with the times nigger

Why are you in every thread, gasconading about how the world is over? You're always using retarded buzzwords; I'm going to assume you're a summerfag. Fuck right off.

Good goy. Can you believe the nerve of those assholes who think they need powerful workstations?

Attached: Intel_NUC_D54250WYKH_20140606.jpg (1200x798, 90.77K)

There is nothing innovative about the intel nuc except it has a processor that doesn't run like dog shit for the price of less than a mac mini. These have been on the market for a decade almost two decades now. And Google has been putting out a chromeos version for almost ten years now.
For general consumer use I have no problem with them as long as I can get loonix on them and if they adopt ARM for the lower power consumption I would consider buying up a few of them if I could libreboot them as a net top. Other than that my x86 botnet machine is airgapped and only used for vidya and the occasional compilation I don't like to do on my chinkpad.

The innovative aspect of it is that it's small enough to fit behind a monitor on a VESA mount. That's the whole point of these Intel NUCs, you have maybe 2-3 wires leading up to a monitor so the office environment or computer lab appears more modern. No more ugly wires or exposed ports everywhere which is a huge selling point if you look at typical Apple advertising.

Sure these types of computers existed before but now with Intel making them they've become a new standard form factor.

Attached: vesa-extension-bracket.jpg (550x371, 41.25K)

be wary of kikeshills and their niggerpills

Yeah but the mac mini has been out for years and the Intel nuc is only to bring the attention of hobbyists or genpop computer buyers to it. The ones who aren't gamers, don't want a laptop and just need something for good word processing.
lenovo.com/us/en/desktops-and-all-in-ones/thinkcentre/m-series-tiny/ThinkCentre-M710q/p/11TC1MT710Q
This is an example of one and Lenovo has been putting things out like this for years, although the older models have a nicer looking case than this one and if it wasn't for the demon of UEFI/EFI Secureboot with ME I'd buy this They're good little computers for a student to use in college if they have to do code work or word processing. And when thats done with use it as a nettop you plug into a tv to play movies.
The only thing that I laugh at with the NUC is that when you take a gander inside its a tremendous piece of shit manufactured like the Mac Mini to be absolutely impossible to work with. At least HP, Lenovo and Dell didn't make their quality lines absolutely useless after 4 years. The workers get to take those home and play with them after they've been left on for 8 years. I think you can game with it if you jerry rig a gpu to it or hook up an egpu. But for now they're an overpriced piece of shit.

Thin clients are awesome. Desktops are literally only good for gaming, and laptops are expensive and have fan noise/heat issues.

This is the real problem. There's a healthy movement of people starting to build workstation and server-class machines for private remote computing, though. you do have a /homelab/, don't you user?

I really can't wait for Facebook to take its rightful place next to MySpace in the oldweb museum. Until then, let the normies build dossiers on themselves and learn the hard way eventually. In fact, I don't mind it at all because its like a normie guinea pig farm where they come up with ideas that can be factored out and made into a decentralized version on some other platform (mesh networks, crypto DApps, etc).

Attached: GIVE US THE RED TERROR.webm (1920x1080, 1.94M)

This is the future OP. I've been through similar shit before, and I can tell you that it's better to accept it than to fight it, if only for your own sanity. You can't win this.

Seems reasonable to me, everyone has a different usecase and the ipad just happens to fill those niggers usecases better than an actual computer

No it isn't, see how he "does IT work". That means he's doing tech support over some shit app for peanuts. And in general reddit is not reflective of reality.

Smaller form factors are the future, assuming it's not already the present. Think of all the ways someone can use an Rpi, for $40 they're getting the same if not more capability from a machine that costs $200+ refurbished, takes more space and consumes more power. It's a no-brainer.

Likewise, phones will become more capable and people will just buy them unlocked without a SIM card anyway. Functionally there is no difference between plugging your phone into a TV/keyboard and using emacs on it vs doing the same with a huge box PC. We aren't there yet though, simply because the peripheral market isn't big enough or standardized. Hell, I expect to do this with smartwatches in a decade.

When your tech support is using little tablets and hates real computers you have a huge shift in knowledge happening. How can someone repair something if all they know is an enclosed box with a screen on it? Not exactly tinkering with your tablet now are you?

A phone will never replace a monitor because they're two completely different objects. You don't want a 4k phone in your pocket because it's heavy as fuck. But you also don't want a tiny monitor because it's pointless to watch movies on a screen that tiny. Anything smaller than say 7 inches screen wise is just unusable for watching video.

Are you having a laugh? A watch screen is too small and watches are dying out because phones tell you the time just as easy. Smart watches won't ever take off unless we have hologram technology. It's the same way we have motion controls, 3D and VR And yet people overwhelmingly pick to use the old 2D TV and controller way to play games. When something just works it doesn't get replaced by novelty. It's working and even if it's not the best thing ever, it's ease of use makes up the difference.

Agreed, this would bring wrist watches back into style immediately. Our current timeslice has no need for watches, and it's basically boomer-tier to wear one now. It's really a shame because watches are one of the few accessories a dude can wear without being a faggot.

I have been isolated from actual PCs for extended periods, forced to use only iOS devices, and the experience is pure torment. Older/smaller devices with zero multitasking, newer devices that can't multitask more than 2 "apps", still horrendous basic text editing (cursor placement, selection, cut/copy/paste), no scrollbars for long files, programs routinely doing things behind my back sans notification like silently deleting and un-caching tabs, and absolutely no way to fix any of it without jailbreaking.

Normalfags using phones/tablets/nettops/NUCs wouldn't bother me, if only it had an interface that was actually usable for anything beyond the shallowest passive consumption.

Attached: showwx.jpg (600x600 46.24 KB, 71.82K)

weird african style earrings, normal rings, wristbands and all sorts of other assorted faggotry has long been accepted for use by dudes.

every day we stray further from god

Men need more range of dress, not less.

Attached: fustanella.jpg (403x550 24.59 KB, 50.55K)

Thin client + LAN/remote workstation would handle those workloads just as well, and satisfy a bunch more use cases.

So instead of buying a Desktop you now have to buy a thin client AND a desktop that you then connect to your thin client via LAN?

Sadly, the lag is pretty annoying even on a LAN. If there were something that sent uncompressed KVM with an emphasis on minimal lag, like the way analog CATV could push a hundred channels of TV, building a quad-socket personal mainframe for a home/office would be awesome.

Not a desktop, a workstation (for yourself) or a server (if multi-user). Do you not know the difference? It's a lot beefier than a desktop. Then you can leverage powerful computing resources for compilation, A/V transcoding, and hosting without interrupting your workflow and access those resources with a phone, tablet, shitty laptop, whatever.

You should look into unRAID.

I'm sure normies will want to buy a server and then set it up, yeah that sounds reasonable

Sorry didn't realize you were a fucking normie. I'm speaking to Zig Forums, maybe you're lost, friend.
>>>/reddit/

He was talking about watches and phones having the computing power, thus plugging them into keyboards and monitors effectively turns them into computers that are just as functional (if not free and secure) as running gentoo on your 2009 Thinkpad. Read the post faggot.

Storage is a solved problem, just use iSCSI. I'm talking about remote execution and rendering, where your only options are network-based streaming like VNC (laggy, most implementations are artifact-ridden), or partial local execution like X (buggy, totally useless for some applications).

I see; I thought you wanted a gaming solution at home that integrated with other common server-based services. All remote graphics solutions seem to suffer from latency, unfortunately.

His post was sarcasm you blithering faggot.

Yeah and I responded to it as such. What are you implying exactly?

The problem -screen size- can be fixed with better heads-up displays that mount to glasses. Already consumer products that achieve this exist, it's only a matter of time before people realize they can get a full desktop experience from a small device that mounts to their wrist and can accept the buckets of USB/microusb peripherals they already own.

It won't happen next year, it won't happen in five years and it probably won't happen in ten. But it will happen. First cops will start getting face/plate/body scanner glasses then firemen, paramedics, etc.

Attached: Glass Enterprise Edition (1).png (602x376 44.38 KB, 47.35K)

Great for us who do know how. Less competition = more $$$/hour.

Just proof that these kiddos never did any productive work with their shit at all. How do you write a thesis worth 100 pages on a fucking touch screen? Will you dictate it to siri? What about a working LaTex toolchain? Or actually coding/testing stuff on a 10" screen? I can't even tye more than a text message on a fukcing touch screen without getting cancer on my fingers.
I totally get though that for Faceberg and Instashit you don't need any more than a screen with a cam attached to it.

computers have already gone phone anyway. all you can buy now is an ultrathin laptop with (((U)))EFI and all kinds of other retarded bullshit

oh yeah, it must feel real great having even worse lag than the 200ms per button click we have on any modern "thick client" system right now. do you also like the web?
the web is dying a slow death, in case you haven't noticed. there will never be anything good again aside from the odd website providing something actually useful (and thus illegal) like warez

Firemen already have thermal optics to see through smoke and police in China are using glasses similar to the ones in your post but it's to turn them into mobile surveillance units rather than to display information. The screen is used as a viewfinder.

Solid micro displays like the Vufine are only good for drone flying in jurisdictions where of line of sight is required and translucent displays are still in the very early stages of development unless you want a few columns of monochrome text. Consumer products that achieve what you claim don't exist yet and are still years away from being sold for under for $1000.

Meanwhile you can buy a 50" 120hz 4k LCD for under $400 right now and around 2020 an 8k short throw laser projector that can turn any wall into a bright 150" screen will cost under $500. By the time HMDs are usable enough to provide a full desktop experience few people will bother with it as the alternatives will be so much better and less cumbersome to use.

Attached: csm_rosenbauer_helm_waermebildkamera_WCAM_0460_1caec0d5f0.jpg (639x318, 50.55K)

incidentally, as of the last few years people have started paying $700-2000 for small LCD screens again
but why would you do that when you can pay $5000 for a 45" 4K screen?
all that means for TVs is they do some frame doubling bullshit

WTF are you talking about? We've had consumer HMDs with VGA resolution under $500 since the late 90s, and the SVGA Google Glass for under $200 (under $100 according to some analysts!), with numerous newer consumer XGA and up HMDs targeting

like you can

It's like you don't wear pants 3 sizes too big for you.

There was a time when "check your privilege" was confined to Tumblr/Reddit weirdos. Now that sentiment permeates the American Democratic Party, and many others across Europe.

... so yes, Reddit can act as a bellwether, because it provides an insight to what a vast swathe of the population are thinking.

tablets are in a decline op
novelty

What goes through their heads, if you prefer.

Yeah. In other words, what stimulus are they responding to. It gives us a chance to observe their behaviour, and plan accordingly for it.

LISTEN TO THIS POST EVERYONE
You are absolutely right, user. But unfortunately, some here are too blind to see truly how unwinnable the fight is. The future is mobile only, and many of us have accepted it.

Our plan is to surrender. Nothing more, nothing less. We can't win this.

For certain usecases, having a tablet computer does the job that a PC does for some others. The problem I see here isn't that people think they can use an iPad for everything, the problem I see is people blindly following the applefag oversized-phone idea when what they do can actually be done better with a laptop.

Soibois don't write real code. Test me on this. They don't write shit. They dick around with a little bit of JavaScript and call themselves engineers.

If your soi workers are using weak laptops, get the hell rid of those workers. BEGONE!

Write beast software that people can't live without, and that only runs on classic workstations. There's a bigger market than you realize but most of you can't code for shit so you live in easy web la la land where usability standards are ignored and everything is kinda jammed together without architecture.

They are right about using it as a terminal to a beefier server or remote desktop. This is the way Unix is meant to be, and Apple is fulfilling the prophecy.
Eventually a visual overlay of our user environment will be built into our visual cortex and we will be able to generate text strings by thought, and give mental commands that don't even reach a verbal/common language linguistic form.
All the heavy lifting will be done remotely, with an image of our personal environment following us overland to the nearest cloud computing facility.
Our clothes will be covered in millions of tiny antennas for the terahertz range directed laser communication between ourselves and the future version of cell towers.
This will obviously require line of side modules in the corners of rooms and hallways for indoor use. Transfer speeds will be hundreds of gigabits per individual.

Attached: 343013570.jpg (550x665, 73.05K)

Funny how kikeSPs like the Deutsche Telekom and AOL are the only thing preventing the Thin client model from becoming viable outside of specific über-pozzed areas.
We'd already be implanted with li-fi botnet recievers in our retinas from birth if we had nip-tier Internet infrastructure.

Attached: sad wolf.png (1920x1080, 7.41M)

How is telekom still in business? Who still uses them as ISP?

easy on that edge computing
13 inches 4:3 600 DPI just like in my thinkpads with no competitors from laptops
I bet you can emulate all good games (pre-2005) on a $150 smartphone today.
remote server, rent a vps, it would be cheaper than paying for electricity in your basement powering ten year old xeons
use a calculator and plotting spreadsheet
your university should provide a supercomputer for that
all you need is ssh and digital documentation
get a keyboard, dumbo, even your meme 56% RGB Chery mechanical would work with it
just use OCR, larper. modern tablets can recognize pen input instead of your 40 year old boomer syntax in vi
this shit is so easy, it runs in a browser already, for anything bigger than a 3d-printed dildo you'd probably need a dedicated server for rendering and physics simulation

Lol, that's a subject in itself. It has been an absolute dissaster for Apple, as the chip is way too hot, and then has to resort to constant throttling.

Do you mean VR headsets? Sales are way down compared to last year if you ignore the Oculus Go.

variety.com/2018/gaming/news/superdata-vr-sales-report-1202878145/
And the recent Valve leaks shows that the VR ecosystem is a complete joke when it comes to sales of software.

Yes and they're all garbage that you'd glance at periodically, I'm talking about translucent displays larger than a quarter of a postage stamp an inch away from your eyeball and is comfortable to use. Asides for the display used on the F35's $400k helmet I haven't seen any. Maybe displays half the size of a postage stamp or more for around $1000-1500 will be available next year if the Meta 2 and Hololens headsets are released. But they'll still display a fuzzy mess unsuitable for doing anything useful while looking ridiculous.

Solid micro displays there's quite a few decent applications for those. Motorcycle helmets with a camera on the back. Paintball helmets with GPS that shows your arena and location of teammates. Scuba dive masks with a dive computer built in. Ski googles that show your speed and location on a mountain. But as a stand alone mount for your glasses all it's good for is flying drones or as a viewfinder.

Attached: 61f5xSBNvSL._SL1200_.jpg (1200x927, 76.17K)

2¢ deposited in your account shill

t. desktop master race

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1920x1080, 3.18M)

Some 70% of the german population because the competition rarely has better speeds and then only in certain areas where small, local ISPs flourish against all odds primarily due to fibre investments which the Telekuck has been willfully ignoring/actively shit-talking ever since the 2000s despite having one of the world's fastest fibre networks back in the mid 90s with worse service+overall coverage, especially in rural areas which translates to anything outside of major city centres or scientific institutions, and their unironically sophisticated comparatively speaking mobile network beats the competition by a mile.
Fucks sake I live some 300 meters off a highly renowned research facility with 1GBit fibre and all I get is shitty 8mbit ADSL2+ with cable Internet never ever even though a large cable ISP has his headquarters 2km down south.
Then again the once-shit 4G reception has been magically improving ever since they started settling achmed&jamal to fill in for the first gen boomers dying off.
I do have a number of alternative ISPs available but they all use Telekuck infrastructure and have even worse speeds if the neighbours are to be believed.
At least it isn't metered or throttled

Attached: _Dot_Hack_Sign_-_a_stray_child.mp4 (200x190, 7.84M)

where exactly do you live?
t. BND

In the Afghuinean quarter of New Istanbul, the ever-growing diversity has been giving me the strength to apologize for the Holocaust every day while donating to poor starving Syrian Rebels like a proper human living in germany should.
Granted Police haven't really been patrolling all that much but that is no issue, I am truly proud of my evil nazi ancestors being defeated during WW2 for those peaceful hooded preachers and knife wielding 30 year old african teenagers will surely see the good in me and come to an understanding through tolerant and respectful discussion.

Please subscribe to my vegan diet Vlog&Patreon kthnxbai ;-)

Attached: o_o.webm (1920x1080, 511.71K)

What's a Bluetooth keyboard-stand, retard?

What are you, still living in 00s?

it used to be called "correct size" before hipsters

Anzeige ist raus

Attached: 1448645352199.png (284x237, 27.29K)

t. Shlomo Goldstein

t. Chaim Shekelberg

is this still a thing?

Why are you here? Honestly, if you think an iPad and blue tooth keyboard is pretty awesome, just leave and follow some 'tech bloggers' on twitter. You are a zombie npc consumer, and you are horribly lost.

Where the fuck did I say that?! I don't even own a tablet. I'm just not stupid enough to deny what's possible and how people normalfags are using that shit.

Alright, carry on then.

Though, for instance, Google Glass does indeed only have a 14° FoV, you realize that's equivalent to a 9" display at 3', or about the same as a lot of bottom-end laptops (and old PC monitors), right?
Is 2kx2k per eye, with a 70° FoV. That's nice, but not particularly far ahead of something like the Dreamglass, which is 720p in each eye at 90° FoV, for $400, right now:
dreamworldvision.com/product
The underlying technology for these things isn't unique, most of them use the same micro reflector chips (DLP, LCoS, FLD, etc.) as video projectors. To see what somebody could do with HMDs at any moment, just look at video projectors, and subtract the price of basically everything other than the chip.

And can you see yourself using a 9" washed out see through LCD panel with the backlight missing at 3'? I can't. Might be fine as rear view mirror in a motorcycle visor if it didn't cost $1,600(this video is simulated and wouldn't look as good IRL). I'd rather spend money on a more useful feature like an auto dimming visor combined with a solid micro display and camera/gps addon for less than $500.

Oh boy another one of the dozen worthless AR headsets that all go the way of CastAR thanks to closed SDKs based on Unity that'll do nothing but have a few worthless tech demos on it.

It is unique for the F-35's helmet as they use 2 OLED micro displays from eMagin that costs $8k each and are only built in the US. You might be able to get an engineering sample if you're serious about buying several hundred of them. I remember this guy spent $4k on one of their early monochrome 2k displays to do tests on for his VR headset;

mellottsvrpage.com/index.php/fov-comparison-eyepieces/

Attached: CrossHelmet_HUD.webm (1280x720, 6.66M)

Thin client niggers please die.

This thread scares me
I'm buying up laptops at the pawn shop

What are you gonna do with those?

I've been thinking about buying one of these for my mother. She's got ALL THE CATS and puts her computer on the floor in a corner and doesn't clean the cat hair out of it. As a result, most of the computers she gets have incredibly short lives due to overheating issues.

since they already have the "smart keyboard" (what americonsumershart language is that even..), i can't wait for the circle of ergonomics go around and have wait them to 'reinvent' a tiny wireless mouse every other laptop comes with (but shaped like woman's soap and made of metal, just imagine the spinning 3D renders) so applefriends will also more or less have those shitty microsoft surface ..devices and they will like them then for some reason.

Attached: 190844d230b80fca466e98f70977b4bef78343c1e626481ff76028be7dd2290d.png (181x194, 8.73K)

Not an argument.

Why not just buy her an ipad?

The solution is to block mobile posters.
It has always been the solution. the final Solution.

see, there's your problem

Technically impossible.

I really need to work on purging the remaining wrongthink out of my life, kinda hard when you don't know what they'll retroactively mark as such every week though.

It's been a thing ever since das Ferkel came to power.

Attached: 956258ec39802c322b58a88a27592fa437ea9bc352d80b9e991952b2953c35bb.png (500x500, 134.25K)

Why not?
Block by user agent, those smart enough to work around that wall aren't going to be normie retards.

Don't be too sure, it seems the cancer has even spread here.

It should be possible to use timing analysis on the packets to determine if a user is on something like 3g.

That's not good enough, I've been using 3g dongles with my laptop when I had to put a repeater in the middle of nowhere

Those things will fuck up your eyes with long term use and also remove vision in 1 eye. I've used an R-zone and it was hard as fuck to walk along the street and pay attention with even just 2 little LCD mortal kombat characters on it. Having a full functional computer would be impossible.

Touch screens are just better than mice to these people. I doubt even apple can sell them a mouse at this point.

R is already dethroning SAS, I think something will come along eventually to take down Matlab. The trend for computing seems to be towards free licensing and open source rather than more private domination.

All that radiation can't be healthy.

For what it's worth, my wife has an iPad pro with pencil and now it's gathering dust in a drawer. Normies fall for this shit all the time, but it's mostly because of how many of them there are. When they learn their lesson, that's one less person that has to be taught.

that's clearly Japan
must be an American or British product

That looks distracting as fug, I'd prefer something like this.

Attached: F16HUD.jpg (800x600, 84.07K)

It's also fucking retarded because mirrors are way simpler and do the job better because your sight is stabilized whereas stabilizing a camera in a moving motorcycle is extremely hard.

I thought the camera was attached to the motorcycle?
Who came up with this shit?