Preventing dox through your personality and writing style

I think Zig Forums is pretty good in it's paranoia about software security and network security but I think you could be tracked via your online posting. I was reading antilop.cc/sr/#assassination_plot and there's quite a few very good ways to figure out who people are not by their usernames but by their personalities. Favourite stories you like to tell or just small reveals about your health condition can be enough to track down who you are and build almost a complete profile on your life. Any archived forum (which includes image boards these days, don't forget people archive this shit now) will leave a trail of bread crumbs. In this case the Silkroad admin known as Chronicpain got fully doxed based on the key phrases he used. Here's how they tracked him down post-arrest via searching through forums he had mentioned on the silkroad forums as good places to get advice.

Further down the article they compare 2 scammers styles of typing and come to the conclusion they're likely the same person.

Not a large thing but still something I know many of us don't think about and I want to discuss how we counter act this. How do we consciously change our writing style and persona in order to avoid being tracked via our own personality online? I don't just mean "Don't use your real name" but also making it so that post on Zig Forums where you said "I sure wouldn't mind hanging a nigger" doesn't get attached to the guy saying "yea sure e-mail me at blah blah blah and we'll set up a trade" on /toy/. Should you build a fake persona and lie about obvious things just for the sake of false flagging searches like this? Go to some dumb thread and mention a sister you don't have or that your uncle died of a AIDS?

Attached: anonilarp.jpg (736x490, 143.56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/psal/anonymouth
en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/paranoia
cs.drexel.edu/~sa499/papers/adversarial_stylometry.pdf
www1.icsi.berkeley.edu/~sadia/papers/oakland2014-underground.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I talk in the tone of a persona I created to be my online strawman.

You can't track me if there's nothing to track.

You cannot not leak info about what you don't know. The only way around that is to randomise what you're saying which is the same as censoring yourself.

For example: I've just used British spelling. Either I did it on purpose or I leaked that I live in the UK. I could also not post. I don't see other options.

This has been done for so long as writing has existed

And nowadays that has been automated through the smartphone keyboard.

That's what we're discussing. What can be randomised?

If you have nuanced ideas, then you'll need to use specific language. If your ideas are general in nature, then your language can use a wider array of synonyms.

Use a different writing style for every forum and make your posts unique based on misspellings for that place alone.

OR you know, you could be in australie and use british spelling for a single forum to fuck with trackers.

Spelling errors, sentence structure starting wit I, or aso, for example, etcetera, keyboard format, and font/unicode format posted in. Feed in seemingly false information that makesit ook like you are from somewhere else while also giving true but deceptive descriptions of yourself, if you describe yourself at all. It's better just not to ever mention true and exact information about yourself or a place you ever use on forums. Like if you browse 8ch, don' tmention you browse 4chan, or cuckchan, as that ca get you doxxed and vice versa. Now replace 8ch and cuckchan with two websites you browse and post on.

ML makes this trivial to do. I've thought about when I want to be anonymous to just communicate in Japnanese as it would be hard to tie back to myself. It just sucks how easy it is to self-dox.

ML?

Japanese translators also exist in people you don't want tracking you.

Machine Learning
The idea is that my Japanese is so bad that it would be hard to track.

thats just as easy to track if not more so.

Why are weebshits uniformly retarded with never an exception?

Because you're one

Epic comeback, upvoted.

Frequent mistakes just make you easier to track. It's a lot easier to make a profile based on the frequency and type of mistakes than it is to get mathematical formulae for writing style.
Not to mention, you'd be quite obviously in the fairly small pool of "Foreigners that speak Japanese" to start with.

kek

You can use Anonymouth
but it's a pain in the ass to use, and probably not as sophisticated as what many potential adversaries are using. Also, like many interesting projects to come out of academia, it appears to have been dropped as soon as the people working on it finished their PhDs or whatever. The last commit was about 5 years ago.

Forensic linguistics automatically lead to fruit of the poisonous tree in a court of law.

this
simply allow one of your many headmates to dictate your writing style and people will never track you

reading books in different style and translations from foreign languages will influence and evolve your writing style

en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/paranoia

Y0-DONUT,KNOW.WH0.I'AM.CIANGG3RS

How so? The evidence is collected legally. There is no expectation to privacy when posting online anywhere.

Create a pseudonym and a writing style for them. Don't let your pseudonym escape the internet.

I've never used it but saw this ages ago for those in persuit of a solution:

Drugs change the way a person types. It doesn't even need to be illicit drugs. A strong cup of coffee will do it enough.

SiR if u type ,, likE thiS thEy Will nOt BE able to track you,

W#4+ cl0 ¥0u /\/\34/\/ /\/|663r

/=|_|(|< 0/=/=

Punctuation would be a telling one I think. Finishing a sentence without a period for me is just plain crazy. Hypothetically if I were to post for some purpose where I wouldn't want to be tracked down I'd start posting like a poorly educated person

Absolutely this. When I started using imageboards, I adopted a more generic writing style I use nowhere else, and gave gone through some pains never to reuse citations or links I've used on namefag forums.

What if we all typed with proper grammar and punctuation? That way we would all appear not only uniform, but it would help lead to a higher level of discourse among ourselves.

i can also type like a dumb shitposter,,

Or we can spam gore 24/7 to make normies get the fuck out.

l=/-\660+ ~|_|(|< /^\¥ c|1(|

My answer is to learn Lojban and learn to talk neutrally. This means no shit posts and no memeing.

If you know a foreign language, you can write your posts in it and then machine translate them into English. Some stylometric info is lost during such translation.

Is there currently any bot/program that is able to detect samefagging by analyzing language and speech patterns?, I reckon it'd be an interesting project, it shouldn't be too hard to at least detect some of the obvious samefagging that occurs in this board.

I suppose using British spelling consistently would be a good way to make it appear that you're in the UK. If you're in the UK, you could also consistently write with American English.

Thanks for this

Attached: Cheeky.png (328x335, 139.29K)

Many speculate that Satoshi was from the UK because he used British spelling and certain British idioms ("bloody hard") and most of his posts were made when it was daytime in the UK.

They cant track you if you talk entirely in memes

wew

based memeposter fug :DDDDDDD

the memes you used and your lack of other meaningful content would get you tracked.

I wanna know how many people this surprised

If you translate from english to another language then translate back, then would that be effective similarly?

Linguistic forensics is the term your looking for OP.

"bloody hard" on it's own wouldn't be enough to convince me somone is likely to be british.

I've noticed that my writing style is very consistent on imageboards, meaning they could probably track me between threads and boards.

I had a guy argue me down a couple years back here on Zig Forums that it doesn't exist.

£ l_| i= |<

\/ _ | |
| |_| |_|

If you do that, I imagine the variations in diction and syntax become much clearer. Who cares. It’s anonymous enough. Just don’t post on any forum, even here, something you don’t want a fed reading.

Is this polish parliment?

Yep.

That feeling of sorts when one hath only acquaintances with poor opsec

Anybody knows good spell checking + proofreading software without botnet? Living with dyslexia is suffering.
How do you guys fight Baader-Meinhof syndrome when posting in different communities and feeling urge to express similar opinions on coincidentally similar topics?

How would they be able to track someone on a forum that is completely anonymous?

They wouldn't be able to prove it was you posting, in any case.

Attached: 22222222222222222222.jpg (750x450, 97.45K)

Translating from English to another language and back is not effective.
Source: cs.drexel.edu/~sa499/papers/adversarial_stylometry.pdf

Somewhat.
''Doppelgänger Finder: Taking Stylometry To The
Underground''

Somewhat.
Doppelgänger Finder: Taking Stylometry To The Underground

hunspell

The things I’ve learned are to never post pictures you took in real life, or for that matter screenshots, and if you really have discipline, don’t post images at all, because they all can be traced with either the filename or the dimensions or just somebody who decides to sift though archives and notices somebody uses a particular pic a lot.

Fun fact: ted Kaczynski got caught when his brother read the manifesto and noticed the phrase “cool-headed logician” which supposedly ted used in real life with him.

once in highschool i sucked dick.
ok, fbi/nsa/cianiggers. Who am i?

1) A graphical frontend solution is needed
2) a browser plugin is needed
3) 8 should think about integrating it for 1 click anonymization

Anybody who believes that security is a product will not have security. Security is an active process that the participants need active thought. There will never be a single button to push and you have pure anonymity and security.

If you have to interact with invasive web apps that track typing speed and mouse movements, there also should be an OS-level overlay to scramble pauses between typed keys, automatic fixing of common mis-typed letters for dyslexics, cursor slower or accelerator, custom spoofed DPI of mouse sensors.
Typing is separate window text editor, then proofreading it and modifying with tools like anonymouth and then pasting full text line or paragraph into web form is an option, but when you need to completely hide in plain sight, you have to do the typing right in the browser where normalfags do it, therefore on-the fly error correction and scramblers are needed. Or maybe something like: compose text in separate editor and then a script types it inside a form like a human being. A password manager that emulates human-used keyboard.

I'm the guy who's dick he sucked, if that helps you narrow it down.

You match up typing style, common typos they make, the way they format their posts and the phrases they use to express themselves. It's not difficult.

Unless that button is connected to a NSA/CIA cyber specops command center which will host your internet connection and monitor each program with strace and a live CVE feed with live code rebuilding to mitigate vulnerabilities.

Hello fellow lurker.

Attached: c4c32e4fc867068e72c0f7d5ab394461dbb36f383545eb419639d7c406e2c9be.gif (280x358, 2.52M)