If police had a warrant to search my pc and found all my torrented stuff, could I get arrested

Say that police, (in america) for some reason confiscated my pc and found all my movies, games, music, and software. Could I get arrested for that even if I didn't distribute or make available the downloads?

I'm not talking about getting caught downloading (i use a vpn), im talking about them straight up finding copyrighted material on my pc.

Attached: [Laughs_in_baka].gif (374x400, 99.68K)

Yes. Now learn how to encrypt your harddrive and make better threads.
/thread

Encrypt your shit. I beloeve nobody has ever gone to jail for torrents in the US. There's the whole "person at the computer" argument that is very hard to prove in court. The main defense is just not doing anything stupid enough to draw such attention.

leave and never come back.

I'm downloading veracrypt right now. The only stuff I have on here are thousands of songs, sony vegas, the adobe suite, some other minor software, movies, and games. Nothing on here is bad or anything like that. I legit only have normal stuff on here that im sure everyone else on /v/ has. I dont even have cp!

Do you think cops would even bother with arresting me for finding movies and games on my pc? Its not like im running a torrenting king like tbp or anything like that. I feel like the only people with a real interest in fucking with me would be the copyright holders themselves.

Im just woried that I'll be traveling with my pc and for some reason the cops will steal it and start looking at whats on it. The cops wont have probably cause or reasonable suspicion but that wont stop them from taking my pc anyway.

Lurk 2 years before posting.

I think you would have more of a problem of the original reason why they went in and confiscated your stuff.

i am poor and am forced to live in group housing. i am worried if someone steals my pc or gets the cops called and they take my pc too

Then encrypt my dude

Why don't you just switch to FOSS software then you won't have to worry about being a degenerate copyright violating nigger.

"I didn't do it, one of the other fucks here did"
They can hardly prove it was you unless there's a camera pointed at the computer.

Try to find me a libre Pirate Bay lmao

Just use veracrypt

Add everybody in the Retroshare thread and share that shit you nigger!

Make sure you have Tor enabled so the Tor-only Retroshare users can get some.

Wow, inconsiderate and abysmally stupid. As if we didn't already have enough reasons to hate you and the shitty, half-assed platform you leeches are shilling.

Realistically, the police isn't going to give a shit unless they're already looking to fuck you for something. But if you're running botnet OS like Windows 10, Microsoft might delete your files.

Copyright is shit, and should't be respected anyway. It's a fucking one-way street these days.

Literally end yourself

Lets make this thread interesting.

He could also not be a criminal and suffered through a divorce, and reached out for help and found his way at a half-way house. There's always that scenario. You should also be aware that your argument boils down to "you must have something to hide [but i don't]". If the cops/politicians/criminals/lawyers themselves are smart enough to hire lawyers when facing possible legal trouble, then it should follow that a smart upright citizen should follow the same procedure. Further, we all have something to hide, be it legal or not. You're not versed on law, it seems.

OP here, I accidentally impregnated my sister so my parents sent me to military school but i went AWOL. Now i'm living in in this shared housing thing with a bunch of other degenerates.

Very very unlikely. Divorced men don't end up in "group housing". This isn't room mates, it's single rooms with support staff on hand at all times. Like a retard camp or someone who has a curfew.

Not buying it.

Well the law doesn't care about your feelings. Should I be allowed to violate your GPL code?

He's at a half-way house user, security cameras are likely to be installed at certain places, while possibly maintaining privacy in the bedding areas. This doesn't mean that the footage from cctv's couldn't be useful evidence in a court of law; eg, one person is shown on the footage being in a room where it is unlikely another person is while a potentially illicit act is occurring.

After it's done downloading and you encrypt the entire hard drive, is it possible you could image the drive, store it on a medium, wipe the original drive, install qubes os, then put the imaged drive on one of the virtual machines and afterwards, encrypt the hard drive that runs qubes os? thoughts?

They don't ban computers unless you did something illegal using them. If he's a lone wolf pedo or petty criminal they would have no reason to ban him from the internet. He maybe expected to have a computer in order to apply for jobs.

I've been copying games and other shit since the mid 80's. Suck it, goon.

Attached: Boulderdash-Tynesoft.png (640x512, 8.46K)

In theory, yes. In practice, unless you're torrenting classified documents or CP, no. Unless you're on the police's watchlist for a more serious crime like CP consumption or CP creation, they won't give a shit about the mundane copyrighted drivel you torrent. At worst, you'll get a C&D and possibly a fine from a court and that's assuming that you do get caught.

Attached: 61109d79f7b7038f14bd986d3ce97ef57c6fcfc516d5952be5578395279df50c.jpg (896x694, 44.89K)

It's just one more thing a prosecutor could use as leverage to force him to cooperate in testifying against a friend.

Where the fuck do you think you are?

No, you made it fucking nu/pol/-tier by making nigh-baseless assumptions and assuming they're true.

No

Yes, GPL is still copyright.

but now they can since the OP posted on this threads admitting it and they had the matching MAC and IP in some cloudflare botnet.

You've already lost.

Probably if you have CP like you should.

lmao you may as well just hand the hard drive over to the police now

elaborate more. I keep seeing this meme but nobody really explains the reason why veracrypt is bad. truecrypt has some vulnerabilities including the detection of hidden volumes now so we need a cross-platform encryption software that receives updates. veracrypt fills this use case. tell me why I shouldn't use it. not OP btw.

You have no excuse.

My theory is it's the same CIA niggers who shill against using Tor.

police can arrest you for anything

No. That opens them up to liabilities and lawsuits for wrongful arrest.

How many people have the resources to fight such accusations of police abuse? It is much easier for police to give you shit and get away with it than it is for most innocents to fight back and be vindicated after a period of years. The police are not invincible but for most victims of police abuse, they're as good as being invincible.

There is nothing inherently wrong with BitTorrent, you fucking mongoloid. It's a p2p protocol written for large binary files in low bandwidth situations; it was written primarily so software projects could share their massive files, and users could carry the burden. Fuck you for perpetuating this myth. You're the reason why Ubunto iso's get DMCA'd for violating the Harry Potter's copyright for some absurd reason.

Actually, if you download tiny little music files with BitTorrent, you're a moron. Not only because that's ridiculously inefficient, but sharing media files with BitTorrent is inherently retarded because no one knows how to tag their media files properly.

It costs the city money when they sue, and they usually settle out of court. You think everything goes to trial?

Remember (((who))) runs your country.

Attached: 34c027bdb14d204298210051119859942210406e84b50e824c77b5e74e20d7c1.png (555x595, 243.41K)

This, either go big or go home.

They wouldn't confiscate your PC
This is just my intuitive logic
What they would most probably do is
>(2) if you obtain or distribute cabal governments-threatening shit, the agents in black suits would be tailing you with intent to kill or make you (((suicide))) into safety (either you do it out of courage or paranoia or they go through the effort of setting up your 'unquestionable' deathbed).
So if you are (1), they're likely gonna break in your house when you go shopping and try to confirm if the DPI's location is correct and see if you left it torrenting stuff, maybe install some spyware on it. I read stuff before about some fed breaking in a pedo's apartment during the 'deep web' hype and torpedo busting.
You already lost at that point. Likely gonna get beaten up in jail because everyone decided you're the best scapegoat. Maybe join those retarded globalist cults to gain immunity like most politicians do.

If you are (2), they will try to find out if you are also (1) which makes it easier to put you down legally. If you're just (2) then they'll likely gonna get in touch with you if you blew your opsec. They'll likely tail you, the best thing you could do is run and get a twitter real quick, then post updates and get paranoid but after that, the agents will get ahold of your phone and delete your tweets maybe melt it down then larp post as you but suicidal (I'm sure you know what happened next, many times these happened already, one is famous linux distribution that disagreed with glowers). No escaping at this point unless you are a brilliant genius to even go unscathed. They have all the tools to trace you, even your facial fingerprint on the rumored "supercomputer".
You lost completely... unless someone is helping you or you're better than the deep government's playground and players.

If you are (3), you're likely safe but not 100%. Think of what it means being an "Example on the headlines". You could be the next person getting out of prison at 2030 for downloading a shittily compressed MP3 youtuberip. Think about the possibility and the fact these recording companies can just throw a dime or do it for laughs.
Insane but already happened many times.
You have low chance of losing but if you do then you become the scarecrow - at least you don't die.

Attached: o.jpg (1100x733, 132.55K)

I hate it so much.
Also if a torrent is under a GB it's definitely not worth it

Why do people constantly ask this stupid shit?

No, the FBI is not going to raid your house, torture your pets and sodomize you for pirating some shitty 80s film.

Unless you have CP (which I highly suspect you do, because you're irrationally terrified that the police are just randomly going to obtain a search warrant on you for no reason) or they're already looking to book you (in which case you're already fucked anyway), then nothing is going to happen.

It's not their job and either way they would have no real evidence you downloaded it.

(3): You have better chances of winning the lottery, and the chance you get v& goes down to near zero if you use decent VPNs, private trackers, and don't make a name for yourself uploading zero day shit.