This is a 6502 and a 400 point breadboard. The 6502 has 3500 transistors...

This is a 6502 and a 400 point breadboard. The 6502 has 3500 transistors. You could recreate the entire thing using eight breadboards.

The Z80 has 8500 transistors. It would take 21 breadboards to recreate it in discreet logic.

The 8086 has 29,000 transistors. It would 72 breadboards to recreate it.

The 68000, as its name implies, has 68,000 transistors, so 170 breadboards.

The 386? 275,000 transistors, necessitating 687 breadboards.

The original Pentium had 3.1 million transistors, so 7750 breadboards.

The Pentium 4 Northwood had 55 million transistors, so 137,500 breadboards

The i7 Haswell has 2.6 billion transistors, so 6.5 million breadboards

How does that make you feel?

Attached: breadboard.jpg (1492x1500, 543.08K)

Have you ever useud a beadboard before? Serious question.

Attached: 89d51190d720e5b206b04da91288d9c83f4fcb79dcd62cf592af172e239ae0aa.jpg (500x500, 37.38K)

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony bread board. But because, I am enlightened by my modern CPU which allows me to synthesize my own CPUs using an FPGA. Bread boards are dead and FPGA programmers killed them.

do you know that transistors have 3 poles ?

Attached: 8bit_add_sub.jpg (995x548, 137.39K)

I'll get right on it, bro...

Already been done.

Attached: A1_1.jpg (1800x1200, 311.66K)

This

Who is talking about analog? As for the next part, why not? Fuckoff with your crab mentality, and realize that not everyone here is as dumb as you. That might not be a nice way of putting it, but that’s ok.

Because you're limited to discrete values when using digital.

Well what are you gonna prototype your analog circuits on nigger?

You two autists realize that the 'Euphoric' poster was just shit posting cringe atheisms memes, right? Also you do not need to worry about analog when prototyping microprocessors designs, surely that is obvious?

Designing a CPU and running it on a FPGA is a routine assignment in a computer/electrical engineering curriculum.

I feel like we need a way to manufacture our own CPUs. Hardware that we can trust, TPMs with OUR keys in it, not some jew's.

You might like to drink a few bottles before you wind up a 50 year-old incel living in a bitsitter.

Attached: memeaway.jpg (188x300, 16.23K)

is that like, the despair code??

Okay, and?
How can I constructively use this info you factoid munching butt fag?

Also I would bet you just divided the numbers by 3 legs of transistors when in actuality you could have just use single pin of breadboard for multiple transistor pins, reducing your breadboard count and pins needed. Not to mention you need current limiting resistors and capacitors to smooth down the fluctuating voltage.

You are nothing but a butt munching faggot

Attached: 1532124061496.jpg (480x280, 27.78K)

Attached: 9ab0805dcd1bf7db8ab34b1ef207124b8c16ef9e4d8f1d1a544d46db20b2a1f3.png (1092x1080, 602.8K)

>>>/reddit/

Is that your best retort? That I necrobumped this shitty thread that has no tracktion to begin with?
Lmao you basically said I was right in everything I said

Good job on being salty tho, fits your personality like a glove it seems. Keep up the good work!

Attached: 1531733815407.jpeg (255x161, 8.61K)

It's just trivia. You're being way too serious about this.

Jeri Elsworth designed and fab'd a 6502 by herself and look where that got her. She got fingered by gaben and dumped like a sack of blighted potatoes. Let that be a lesson to us all: Never excel unless you have a dick.

Wow, look at that. An actual female with actual skills succeeding in her field. And all that years before the n-th wave feminists were around to help her out.

It isn't even trivia. Trivia is some kind of useful information you didn't know before. Factoid is like

It smug worthless posting that nobody gives a shit about which is why this thread is only getting bumped because of convo we are having atm.

And only thing you can say in retort is "ur a meanie serious head >:(" lel
go suck a dick you factoid butt muncher

That's trivia. OPs post is factoid.

Would you call it success? I dunno.

Why do you make it even a talking point?
Who cares if it is a homosexual tranny refugee or a white man as log as person is good and skilled?

To be fair to the guy you're replying to, I raised gender in my initial post about Jeri because I do believe she was treated unfairly at Valve due to her gender.

Zig Forums here.
Female? Ok
Homo? Err, if he keeps it to himself. Ok
Tranny? No! Kill it with fire.
Refugee? If it's black, send it back.

Trivia is "trivial facts or details". It usually isn't useful.
OP was trying to put into perspective how much things have scaled down over the years. Though that's probably not knew info to most people here.
you really are

*new

edgy basement Zig Forumslacks with 0 real world experience

Never use Excel unless you have a dick? What about Access and Word? Does one need a dick to use all Microsnot products? What if you have a dick, but pretend to not have one, like WuWu boy? Inquiring shitposters want to know.

But that's the flaw. Once something becomes normalized it isn't kept to one's self. Consequently, you move onto the next thing (trannies) and the cycle of acceptance repeats.

This is a 6502 and a 400 point breadboard. The 6502 has 3500 transistors. You could recreate the entire thing using,, um,,,, another 6502 IC....

If the 6502 had no backdoors in it, why not just use a fucking 6502?

Partially. Very partially. The C=1 promo video was faked, as the DTV64 guys realized when she showed up and there was no SID, in spite of the video demonstrating it was nearly done.

Eh. There were 4 guys on the DTV who thought it was going to be a basic ASIC conversion job. The C=1 VHDL was no-where near ready. Jeri had been lying a lot.

Jeri had two previous businesses fail because she lied about things-- and had her (male) business partners take the fall. Go ask Jens Schönfeld what he thinks of Jeri.

Better yet, go find a Valve employee, and find out why Jeri is one of the very few workers at Valve to have been Fired, in spite of the company's somewhat unique HR.