I want to know you guys use the internet (plebs need not reply)

I want to know you guys use the internet (plebs need not reply).

Other than when I need a quick answer, or need to forum post a real question (via StackExchange, or whatever), I've thought about curating the sites I frequent and mailing myself some RSS feed results RMS style and basically staying offline other than that. I'd probably make an exception to chill in the IRC channels I frequent. Anyway, I can't help but feel there's always been something I'm missing in terms of my www habits.. Something more productive, explorative, etc.

So post your strats, 8ch.

Attached: 12195.png (1200x630, 69.24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiby.me/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There's a lot of new stuff coming out that's good or at least worth looking at that you'll miss by not exploring the Internet. Just put on protection and use the Internet normally.

Attached: 684360e96e35132757fe53bd8fdcc1162da38cd1ffc1f8bbff981e13bd023f80.jpg (700x605, 53.46K)

I have no ISP. I just download articles/media from the internet from public wifi, cafes, etc and read through them for the next 5 days.

Hypothetically speaking, I like the idea and believe many others wish they could similarly go dark. However, people are selfish, insufferable cunts (jk!) who think your physical heartbeat is connected to your identity online.

I can still explore via RSS, no?

Part of my motivation comes from recently not having an ISP and doing the same thing. I found myself more productive and happy during this time.

I used to be addicted to browsing, opening a bunch of tabs and just skimming them and repeating that. It's not worth it. Smarter to DL what you need and read offline.

Also, free your wifi guys! Let other people use it for free. Let's have free wifi everywhere in the world. Bring down capitalism!

Also, if you can post your strats that'd be great. Personally, I was keeping a list of "things to do" online and had a nice recursive wget script for downloading wikipedia pages to some arbitrary depth. I imagine some RSS feed download tool would be great too.

Are you fucking retarded? You can get a 25 bucks unlimited data plan at every grocery store where I live, if you aren't retarded and do your research that is you insufferable lazy commie

Echolink ROIP, still works when the internet itself goes down. kinda like mesh networking.

If only web forums and imageboards offered the same experience as mailing list. You download threads, read them calmly, answer posts and then send replies in batches, even postponed if needed.
Instant petty chit-chat experience of fast boards is so tiresome. And it rarely produces something of value, people are talking about same things over and over again.

I'd do this if I knew pedophiles won't hoard cp on my network and get me v& within 24 hours.

nntpchan is theoretically what you want

Now I need an email client that structures messages in imageboard thread style without ugly trees.

It is both a great source of information and a gargantuan pile of shit.
The information part is obvious with things like achive.org, project gutenberg, and various other sources of documents. And things like OCW and non-political articles on kikepedia.

The gargantuan pile of shit concerns both the content and the usability of which the content speaks for itself.
The usability aspect is most obvious when looking for simple things. For example
You either go to google, join the botnet and hope that info is accurate, (and wade through countless javashit and images/maps in the process)
Or you go to the website of the store (likely a chain of stores)

In a saner world you would solve that by typing something like
Which would take a fraction of effort, time, data and code to accomplish.

You just invented semantic web.

oH my G0d i'M eREcT

Mainly use it for research and pirating roms and ebooks. What I find helps is that I despise the modern web, anything that I seem to end up on often enough I'll write a style sheet for to match my rice of the day. If its not worth the effort to reapply the solarized dark veneer whenever it chips and shows the actual unpolished shit underneath, then it's not not worth suffering through the page load either.

where do you guys even go other than here? goddamn google search SUCKS these days. even ddg. Where's that one browser some user made that only uses sites without js or something (it only indexes simple and aesthetic text based web sites)? anyone using irc effectively that wants to discuss their workflow?

Try using a terminal browser for a week.

OSM does store hours. Just checked, and they had accurate hours for a store in my town.

I have been, what's your point? It's not even remotely enjoyable for standard use since the web is not structured to support such a thing, but for my needs it's ok (mainly IRC).

this?
wiby.me/

Information. Entertainment. Discoveries.

You can also get this in real life, but it's not the same.

Education.