In light of the recent events surrounding Alex Jones which is being talked about here >>952034...

In light of the recent events surrounding Alex Jones which is being talked about here , I'd like to put Twitter's shadow banning to the test.

Please go to this Twitter thread and scroll, scroll, scroll until you see my comment in pic related. It's not a long thread, so it shouldn't take long to AJAX your way to the bottom:

twitter.com/JamesOKeefeIII/status/1026516710382292993

My theory is that Twitter has gone through significant lengths to prevent users from determining whether or not they're shadow banned. Obviously, right, since that's the whole point? But I think they went further than that by blocking visibility of your content to other users only while they are logged in. Why? Because, if they simply made your content invisible to everyone but you then you'd be able to open a Twitter thread through a proxy while logged out in order to check whether or not your comment is visible.

Therefore, I think the ban is not so much global as it is unidirectional from the outside in toward you, meaning that your content is only hidden from other users while they are logged in.

So, my theory would prove true if any of you are unable to see my comment posted in that thread while logged in.

Let's also make this a general shadow ban test thread. If any of you have any other ways to detect Twitter's various methods of suppressing content, please share.

Attached: bantest.PNG (1542x1349 59.1 KB, 402.96K)

Another observation I've made is that I tend to only get likes and RTs from accounts with an extremely low number of followers, usually in the couple hundreds, though I do occasionally get likes/RTs from accounts with a few thousand.

I think Twitter has done more than shadow banning, going as far as to architect a specialized network that allows them to keep users segregated within their own network cells and away from the rest of Twitter. This makes trying to interact with larger accounts the equivalent of synaptic misfirings in the brain where a communication attempt is made, but immediately fails. This weakens our social network reach, but has the opposite effect on left-leaning accounts who enjoy massive visibility.

Do not use sites that shadow ban ever. It's the faggiest shit imaginable literally soviet tier cancer.

No, you're good. I'll have to agree with the other poster. Twitter is worse than Reddit. You're on borrowed time unless you're preaching to the choir.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-08-06_16-49-11.png (616x347, 62.25K)

Out of curiosity, how many followers do you have?

Also, did you view that thread while logged in to your Twitter account?

I think this is a dangerous and defeatist mindset. What if every battle that was ever fought on enemy soil ended up with everyone on the invading force just throwing their hands up in the air, waving a white flag, and saying, "man, fuck this shit"?

There is currently no way to fight the social media and tech monopolies that exist right now except for fighting them on their own established platforms while we also pushing for their regulation. Even with their shadow banning tactics, we're still managing to get through. We just need to find the weak points in their defenses.

lol I'm not on Twitter. I'm not logged into anything. That place is fucking cancer of the highest order.

>So, my theory would prove true if any of you are unable to see my comment posted in that thread while logged in.
Being logged in is a requirement to test my theory.

Why use twitter on their own terms? If they are letting everyone who is logged out to see comments, why not just take that twitter thread to a local niche board or forum and comment on it there? You could even use something like archives to act as a proxy so none of the users on the board send back referrals, ip's, or other data that could alert twitter where these tweets are being commented on.

Take it to a platform where hardly anyone goes? That's exactly what Twitter and other social media giants want, to either 1) silencing opposing views on their own platform or 2) drive them away to other platforms that are miles away from mainstream discourse.

So what if they do? Do you think people will keep going to twitter or facebook or wherever if they are bored with it? that's lost ad revenue for those companies. thats' their entire revenue plan is from advertisements. if you can hurt that by making normies bored as hell and not providing (((entertainment))) in the form of controlled, faux-discourse, what else is necessary?

Will they stay if they become legitimately bored with it? No. But this isn't an issue of "oh i am so bored under twitter's shadow banning i think i'll just meander off somewhere else".

What we need to do is remain on the platforms of suppressive social media giants and do everything we can to subvert their tactics because, as it it, there is no other place to go that comes anywhere near the capacity of a mainstream public square as the current social media giants.

Word is getting out, but it has been a slow and difficult process because there is nothing but a bunch of old balls dangling in congress and the White House. They're not as privy to tech as gen X and younger, hence why tech and social media giant CEOs talk circles around them during hearings.

tl;dr - These social media platforms have amassed too much political power and have the ability to sway elections. We must remain and they must be regulated.

Have you ever seen any one of these people using social media? they just sit scrolling through their page for hours on end and reading "funny" stories they would have e mailed each other a few years back.

99.9% of the platform doesn't know and doesn't care about Alex Jones or shadow banning. They have zero ways of interacting with either.

Attached: Capture.PNG (270x386, 11.6K)

No one reads the damn blog and no one gives a shit about whats trending except journalists. That's not how people use social media.

You sound like a shill.

A shill for what?

Are you functionally retarded? You understand trending topics are things many people are talking about right?

I am beginning to think that the only "shills" here are infiltrators from the left. You have got to be dumb as hell to think that abandoning social media is the ultimate solution and counteraction to ending its rein over political discourse.

No, it's what bots promote and what is hand selected by the staff. Facebook had to admit they were manipulating it and change their policy to be honest about their manipulation a couple of years back.

You shouldn't call people retarded when you fall for a complete scam. You should shut up and listen to your betters.

This. A friend of mine was posting on reddit for 3 week before he figured out he was banned.

Your analogy isn't worth shit
You can't make your own homeland on earth, you can make your own webpage that works exactly the way you want on the internet. Why that attachment to the old corrupt giants?

You seem to think I implied that one cannot even so much as attempt to create their own platform. In reality, what I said elsewhere in this thread was

How can I contribute to the IPFS tube or another decentralized video hosting platform?

They are "popular" because they are full of bots.
There is no fight. Do not use the sites.
You know why you think there is nowhere else to go user. Because they told you that and you believe them.

Well, with ipfs, it shouldn't matter whether you're using a service to seed the video, since most of node will be the same, so all you need to do is download and pin the media you're trying to support.

Shadowban confirmed

Attached: 2018-08-08-063200_592x583_scrot.png (592x583, 41.12K)

Attached: 0142ef291aebd21469f039c58d1cd12047cb35955f78d4bc7f82e0d46272210c.jpg (680x578, 46.57K)

Yeah, you're QFD banned - if I'm not logged in you show up regularly, if I'm logged in, you have to click "show more replies" (which nobody does) and scroll a WHOLE lot more to find your tweet.

So yeah, if I'm logged in, you show up way at the bottom. Plus twitter conveniently has "issues loading tweets" and such, so you manually need to click retry and so on.

WHY IS TERRY A. DAVIS'S DEATH BEING CENSORED?