Spend $3000 to buy a fagbook (or some other craptop)

Why can't people spend an additional $10 to buy a keyboard cover? As a technician I'm continually perplexed by this.

Attached: cd44e8cd-a3ca-6255-5591-79327697724d.jpg (2592x1936 23.49 KB, 1.82M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AUaJ8pDlxi8
youtube.com/watch?v=ig3xI8dUdm0
youtu.be/ig3xI8dUdm0?t=1642)
youtu.be/XIJWfXfGI4o
youtube.com/watch?v=tZiSxPvuPLc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because it isn't made by apple.

Attached: ba80bbb1d84e2630c1968ffbcb2bfdd8bb3a4cd117a3e51e9c7c32f0cd13ca76.jpg (440x392, 30.93K)

Why can't people spend an additional 10 seconds to wave their magic wand over their spilled beverage and make it disappear? As a magician I'm continually perplexed by this.

So? Buy a 3rd party cover.

Laptops are honestly terrible; mobile computing was a mistake. I had to service the computer my father bought recently -- to my horror, everything was soldered, and the HDD was screwed in a strange cage, making it a Sisyphean task to remove. It also barely had any ports. They wouldn't be doing that if laptops didn't normalize it.

I have a relative that had a first generation macbook air and kept it in an expensive thick transparent protective plastic case to for the resale value. Also keeps a Power Macintosh 7300 thinking it might be worth something one day.

Ended up getting mad and snapped the macbook in half. Only uses an iphone and ipad now.

I don't give a damn.
But applefags do.

I once spilled a giant glass of bourbon onto my laptop like 6 years ago. I just held the power button until it turned off then waited until the next day and took it apart and cleaned the keyboard and the surface of the motherboard with isopropanol until it was clean, then put it back together. It powered back on and still works to this day. Spilling shit on electronics isn't that big a deal so long as you take the time to clean that shit off.

user, these retards are already so careless that they even risk a machine they paid thousands for to begin with. They're just not smart

Then create modular laptops like Toughbooks

Because its a shitty product made by retards for retards, and it should be bashed to shit, along with you OP. I'm going to contact your boss so you don't kill anyone on the assembly line because of your incompetence.

Attached: 7f980fb34997b48720f845674b9bacf2c12442773bd2ef579be403690279e685.jpg (600x267, 31.35K)

Dear Mr Technician,
Why aren't people buying old laptops, switching out the HDD for an SSD, then installing Linux?
Sincerely,
user

Why can't people spend an additional 10 seconds to post this on /g/ instead on Zig Forums and make make life easier for everyone? As a sane person I'm continually perplexed by this.

Ok once I had to call up ebay after a vehicle accident where I fell onto it and slid across 15ft of road, and a handful of direct drops of the machine onto concrete to replace the fan heatsink because fins got a little bent and it was running a little hot.

Attached: TechPriest.png (300x314, 77.68K)

Keyboard covers on a mac can actually make them overheat. It's a shitty design to pull air though the cracks in the keyboard, but they do it. Macs in the past few years have really had a shit ton of overheating problems. Look at the new i9 macs. Those things have to throttle themselves to keep from bursting into flame like Elton John at a Boy George concert.

Those things feel like dry condoms and collect way more dirt and bullshit than the unibody by itself.

I bet you put plastic on your couches too

This shit was fixed years ago!
There shouldn't even be a reason to get covers.

But user that will make the laptop 1mm thicker! Where are your priorities?!

Or just spend an additional time finishing the Soy Cuckatte or getting a separate coffee table alike.

The problem usually is the keyboard dying off because of the moist oxidizing the somewhat trashy lead flex pins. Easy to fix it though.

yikes. just get a thinkpad

Worked at repair shop for 6 months. Literally 30 mins of work to repair shit like spilled cola or spilled semen on PC.
It's just the fucking sugar and other minerals that formed on mobo that short some circuits (possibly even destroying few chips).
In most cases you can just drench that shit in 90% alchohol and clean it off. Other time you would have to change a voltage regulation chip or something.

[spoiler]okay, a little story time

Surprised no one has posted any Louis Rossmann videos yet, the guy is a repair tech who shits all over Apple because he spends most of his day fixing issues caused by Apples incompetence when it comes to designing hardware, their shitty attitude towards their customers, and the cult of Apple which lets them get away with it all.

youtube.com/watch?v=AUaJ8pDlxi8

Nothing wrong with that.
The customer agreed with the price and your boss has mouths to feed. OK OK

Watched a few vids of his and I think he really knows his stuff.

The worst part of the new macbooks is that they get completely fucking destroyed by a single spec of dust underneath their shit tier keyboards. You need a keyboard protector to keep fucking DUST out of the faggot now, not just liquid. My company is forcing everybody to switch to them and I've already had two coworkers with multiple broken keys because of nothing but dust.

Ironic considering the whole casing is aluminum and thus one giant heatsink.

This, anyone unironically making mistakes in 2018 needs to kys

I was thinking of this video of his when I saw this thread:
IS IT SPILL PROOF? Lenovo Thinkpad P50 review + waterboarding
youtube.com/watch?v=ig3xI8dUdm0
Waterboarding at 27:22 (or link for the lazy youtu.be/ig3xI8dUdm0?t=1642)

Keyboard covers feel/look awful and don't do anything.

Just buy a Thinkpad: youtube.com/watch?v=ig3xI8dUdm0

the problem is that apple is in total control of the mobile computing industry and everyone is following their leave
apple products are only tools secondarily though, they are primarily fashion statements, and because of that apple is obsessed with making them as fashionable as possible. Apple's goal is the elimination of all screws and physical ports, which is why the iPhone 8 and onward don't even have something as basic as a headphone jack

Some people like the brand, but that doesn't mean it's just a "fashion statement".

youtu.be/XIJWfXfGI4o

the problem is that Sennheiser is in total control of the mobile sound industry and everyone is following their leave
Sennheiser products are only tools secondarily though, they are primarily fashion statements, and because of that Sennheiser is obsessed with making them as fashionable as possible.

That's true. They want to make everything paper-thin because these jews think that's what people want. They've been planning Credit card-sized full-fledged phones since 2002 or so, Microsoft has patents for it. I personally will never EVER purchase a computer with no ethernet port.
Apple REALLY should have kept Ethernet, maglev and maybe a couple USBs on their macbooks. Removing the phone headphone jack too was completely retarded. Jobs added USB alongside Firewire because they needed USB support, he would never let this shit happen even at the expense of their own standard.

The best thing is the follow up video youtube.com/watch?v=tZiSxPvuPLc