I was reading some shit about Java and found this graph

I was reading some shit about Java and found this graph.
What the hell happened from 2016 to 2017?

Attached: Tiobeindex.png (906x443, 84.08K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.noctua-software.com/arm-asm.html
stackoverflow.com/questions/25326307/using-assembly-code-inside-objective-c-program-xcode
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Kotlin 1.0 was released in 2016 and Google was pushing it for Android development in 2017.

It isn't even on the top 20 currently

Attached: langs.png (977x771, 51.08K)

Good. People need to program their hardware to understand their hardware. After that, then higher level languages are much more productive.

I wonder if it's down to mobile game creators.

As for the drop for C and C++ rise, it might be because of libraries such as OpenGL and OpenCV adopting the latter.

lol, this is basically a blogspam top 10 list.

That wouldn't be surprising. Programming a phone computer is one application where tight accounting of computing resources is worth the programmer time.

Do you have a better way to measure the popularity of programming languages or just spewing your self-assumed educated opinion?

why the FUCK do people choose python over ruby? python is worse in literally every way

The SJW Pi.
Most of the tutorials for it are for Python also Casio released a graphing calculator that supports Python.

for example?
and on the contrary, ruby doesn't have anything like numpy/scipy

The existence and content of libraries should have no bearing on the judgement of how shit a language is, unless that judgement is concerned with how the language handles or incorporates libraries.

The context here is pretty hilarious as no one gave a single shit about ruby before rails. There was a good 10 years of zero fucks.

Ruby is the queer of programming languages.

C is the Hillary of programming languages

Should we be using the D then?

D is the democratic party of programming languages

wtf do you mean python is gr8, learning it as my first language

do you guys unironically believe mobile game devs use assembly?
am i being rused?

Attached: 077fa1fe0338284296e3d08a09a215501358ab5257a0b17fbca15b3da9586bcd.jpg (447x380, 30.69K)

I believe Rollercoaster Tycoon was written in ASM.

not a mobile game

True, but it isn't unprecedented for game developers to choose ASM. I suppose a mobile platform wouldn't allow for anyone to get that close to hardware anyways.

kys you fucking retard

Which assembly?

Tiobe ranking is based on search queries, may be a good way to measure popularity but no real usage.

gr8 b8 m8

Most people use python to get a very specific thing done and aren't necessarily advanced programmers who want to write the contents of those libraries themselves. I've used python exclusively because of some stuff in scipy/numpy just because I know I'll accomplish my goal faster and more efficiently. If you don't like it, write Ruby equivalents of these libraries.

Does Google or Apple allow people to write in assembly? I know Google still has the NDK, but that's C and C++ if I remember correctly.

There are top tier gaming companies developing mobile games, and yes, they absolutely will use assembly to squeeze out the maximum performance these low powered devices can offer. This doesn't mean the entire game is written in ASM, or that this is something your average dev is doing, but there is absolutely a use case which should be obvious to you. For what other reason do you think there would be a small uptick in assembly programming?

Holy fucking shit mate, do you have any idea how computers work?

Stop

Yes, but you don't.

All I have to work with is your erroneous line of thinking posted above. You do realize that you do not submit source code to Apple/Google, right? Do you know what the output of a compiler is? Do you know what the output of an assembler is?

You realize they provide their own compilers for this walled gardens?

8/tech/ memed low level languages to the top
I unironically taught myself C 3 years ago because of Zig Forums

Attached: cover.jpg (1648x1782, 872.09K)

Good.

This has nothing to do with the walled garden, please stop larping like you know how any of this works. You can hand write ARM instructions as part of your iOS app. End of story.

Prove it.

For iOS, the easiest way would be to use inline assembly in Objective-C, as swift as afar as I'm aware, doesn't support inline assembly. What is there to prove? Soon you'll ask to prove that compilers exist and continue to waste more of everyone's time. Most of these things could have been solved by you with a little bit of thinking and rudimentary research.

Show that xcode will even compile that inline assembly for ios.

What makes you think it won't?

I'm not him but it's modern Apple we're talking about.
I wouldn't put it beyond them limiting people like that.

Their limits are at the ABI level, you can throw any code you want in there as long as it's ARM, and obviously there is no technical restriction to linking third party libraries. (As long as the license is compatible).

Are you going to prove yourself right or continue being lazy? Show some ios obj-c code with assembly and that it compiles with xcode. It's not difficult, if you are right.

I seem to be dealing with a moron. You have been given the answer, whether you choose to accept it or not is your own problem.

You've provided an opinion and nothing concrete. I asked for something concrete and you refuse. Why is this?

You seem to think you are owed more, you get what you are given. Consider consulting Apple's documentation if you wish to verify my statement. Why haven't you done this? Are you trying to waste people's time as pointed out here:

You can. You can even link to native code libraries used by the iPhone itself but your app will get banned if they catch you doing it. A lot of people got banned for linking to ICU back when app sizes were a big deal since it saved having to bundle 50 megs of pure shit with each app.

Why haven't you after the first request?

Because I think you're an annoying faggot.

You're called Pajeet, aren't you? I'm not sure if you think you're being clever, but you come across as a seriously dense motherfucker. Is English not your first language?

Are you going to post anything relevant?

There hasn't been any proof that xcode will allow assembly for ios devices. Until someone posts proof, and it sounds like it should be the easiest thing in the world to find if someone knows what they are talking about, then they can prove me wrong. That hasn't happened yet. I've asked repeatedly to be shown an example of obj-c code with assembly that compiles with xcode for ios devices, but nothing has been produced. If anyone is being stubborn, it is you.

... you can literally compile native code, what the fuck do you think that is? Jesus fuck Pajeet, get it together.
Here, your "but muh proofs, citation needed" link:
blog.noctua-software.com/arm-asm.html

I don't have xcode, but if you knew how to operate a search engine, you would have found confirmation quickly. First result:
stackoverflow.com/questions/25326307/using-assembly-code-inside-objective-c-program-xcode

I'm trying to understand why you think they wouldn't allow assembly code, if they're allowing you to compile code and link other binaries. I'm not trying to put you down, but do you know how assemblers and compilers work?

Not only does your link answer Pajeet (watch, he'll ask YOU to prove it next), but it also gets to the root of why this whole reply chain started .

There's no reason for Apple to allow assembly in objective-c source. Compilers don't have to output assembly or even unlinked object code. They can output any intermittent code that the programmer wants and can use further on in the toolchain, and Apple, with all of its consistent control over consumer products it sells, doesn't seem like a company that is friendly to programming the metal.

It took that long, huh?

Pajeet pls go.

The irony is that Apple has been extremely supportive of native code from the beginning and it was Google that took forever to even update the Android NDK to handle exceptions. It's clear you've never even written a Hello, World for a phone despite surely owning one and that's just fucking sad.