In 50 years do you see any of these companies still existing?

In 50 years do you see any of these companies still existing?

Attached: cotd52602.png (1200x900, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

deadline.com/2014/07/microsoft-xbox-entertainment-studios-nancy-tellem-satya-nadella-808706/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Analphabet and Kikebook are going bye bye. The rest may survive.

Yes, but they'll all be owned by only one company because the free market is beautiful and regulating stuff to avoid monopolies/oligopolies is communism.

durrrr

Attached: DYBw70xX4AA9w4I.jpg (750x846, 54.61K)

Google and Amazon will hold out.

What are anti-trust laws, fag? Government doesn't need to take control of these companies, but they need to be broken up at the least.

I read about Berkshire Hathaway trying to buy 100% of Apple and the article actually laid out an 8 year path where they could realistically pay for the $1.5 trillion debt. Normies in the comment section were actually praising the idea it made me sick

< Out of Jobs. No.
< One trick pony, but it is a good trick. Yes.
< Diverse-looking portfolio. Yes.
< Neo-Walmart? Yes.
< One trick pony. It'll MySpace one day. At this point, facebook is moving forward on the inertia of its own reputation: it is a "Disney"-wholesome-safe place for communication and linking with friends. It discriminates against conservatives, but an alternative facebook will just get the reputation of the alt-right's facebook and a third of the country will refuse to use it. I have a coworker that looks at reddit all day but refuses to look at images I send him links to from 4chan (Zig Forums is explicitly blocked). And it's not like reddit and 4chan's SFW boards have fundamentally different content.

All will be owned by a Consortium between the PLA and Guizhou Shaanxi Chengdu holding company.

You have to realize that most of those streams were losing billions for years and have only started to break even as with Bing. The Surface one lost 1.2 billion in 2014 when they gave up on the Windows RT platform. Same with their xbox brand that they had to spend 1.15 billion on repairs for their RROD. Another good example is their Windows Phone that they threw tens of billions at for nothing before giving up on. Anything that isn't WIndows or Office will be killed off if it doesn't preform well for several years in a row, it a distraction from their main business. Nobody knows if their Surface or Xbox brand will still be alive in 5 years.

Instead of using their money for share repurchases they wasted it in revenue stream diversification. There's a good reason why they're the only one of the 5 major tech companies to be doing this, it's a terrible strategy that hasn't been working for the last decade.

That really went over your head

what does stock buybacks do for the company?

Are you fucking stupid or something? Google has so many projects it will take them a lot to fail. To be fair, that dumb cunt in charge of JouTube is running it into the ground at a very rapid pace. I would prefer to see them die but let's be realistic here.

Will continue to exist because of consume whores
Government project/part of the NSA/CIA spy network so it'll continue to exist
Will continue on due to Office/Windows OS/backwards compatibility being needed to support various hardware released since the late 80s. Also will cruise along due to Government contracts
It's wal-mart on the internet they aren't going anywhere
CIA/Propaganda hub. Just like twitter it'll operate on a loss forever as long as it continues to provide the CIAniggers with metadata.

It increases their earnings per share which increases the stock price. It's practically giving the money you're making back to your employees and shareholders which in turn makes the business that much more attractive to work for if you provide generous stock options to retain valuable employees.

Some of their major investors have complained about this publicly a few years ago which probably helped kill off their movie/television division and let their xbox brand languish once the new CEO was in. For all his faults he did reign in some of the insanity that Ballmer allowed.
deadline.com/2014/07/microsoft-xbox-entertainment-studios-nancy-tellem-satya-nadella-808706/

This. Don't listen to the bluepilled autists who think that these companies will experience any kind of fucking setback. There is currently no viable alternative to any of them, and there never fucking will be. You will, in thw future, have no choice but to keep them on you forever. Conform or be vaporized.

based on your infographic, microsoft and amazon yes, facebook and alphabet no, apple maybe. facebook and alphabet need to realize that diversity is strength.

Amazon might exist in 50 years. Might be hard to say about the other companies. Apple may exist in the far future but it will be a very different company I imagine.

Apple's business model is making a high end version of whatever product. This requires a strong leader to make it work. With Jobs gone they'll probably die a slow death.
Google search is way too much of a monopoly to die easy. They'll be dead when the web is dead.
MS is very well differentiated, and they could be "alive", but in name only.
Amazon will eventually transition to being just another store. Will probably be alive, but less of a big player.
Facebook feels very tenuous. I personally only use it for group chats, if my friends picked another messaging service I'd switch in a second. My understanding is that they currently maintain growth by expanding to new countries and by buying up every new app that comes around. Eventually they'll run out of steam, and someone will steal their lunch.

- sony/htc/etc + OSS android
- DDG, etc
- linux/oo/etc
- brick and mortar stores
- signal/telegram

go back to tumblr

Don't group me in with the blackpill shilling, just because they exist doesn't mean you can't use alternatives.
Searx search engine and various alternatives
I don't use this cancer and you shouldn't either. Just talk to people IRL or if you really need to contact them get a burner phone.
Various other stores
Linux, BSD, Plan9, and a million other OSs
See above

FUCK NO

And they know it themselves. That is why they keep buying up quickly money making reputation companies that are smaller than them.

Google glass? Lol
Facebook buying Oculus during the VR craze that flopped? Kek
Apple? Losing sales
Even google x that was "omg spoopy :o" didn't come up with shit.

They are trying to diversify their money in hopes of hitting a golden vein of "the hip new thing" that might revive their bottom lines. In reality they are all dying companies just feeding off of investors.

Consumer version oculus hasn't even been released yet

google is probably the worst off out of that list. They have low diversity in what they sell (ads to business) which could also be hurt if the economy takes a dip overall. Keep in mind also that adblockers are becoming more and more prevalent and anyone born after 1995 already uses adblockers on their PC, so their market will probably continue to shrink as older generations die off. The nail in googles coffin will be when cell phones with decent adblockers become common without rooting the device. Once that happens they will go into a death spiral pretty quickly. Their only chance long term is to fill the street shitter market with cheap cellphones with more (((proprietary software))) built in and get those billion extra people online

Ahh the VR craze, it gave me chronic smugness in front of some idiots that I tried to warn.
And here we are.

You would not be surprised at how Jewgle Glass failed.
Also:

Expect the privacy nightmares of today to be preinstalled there.

Read: Windows 16%

Brick and mortor are 100% inadequate compared to amazon, this is just a fact. Sometimes if you have a niche interest like manga you can find other online retailers that a superior to amazon, but only marginally.

telegram isn't really an alternative to anything, 90% of people in most markets have no idea what telegram is

Apple is on the downturn but it's the only one of those companies that has ever realistically faced death and that has made them outstandingly paranoid about having money in the bank. Apple has enough money to survive DECADES of fuck ups and in absolute worst scenario they'll still have their battered wives mac userbase.

Yes. The ones funded primarily by ads won't exist in their current form in 50 years though. They'll exist in name only and have completely different business models.

If they didn't bought gold for that money they can't survive real crash.

If only they were the proprietor and therfore exclusive admin on 90% of mobile devices, marketshare increasing. Oh wait :^)

How can I purchase anything anonymously from amazon?

People will buy their stuff as long as it's at least slightly better than cheap Chinese shit. Pic related
They've slithered their slimy tentacles into so many fields and dominated them it's hard to see them being completely gone, as long as they're careful to not be labeled a monopoly and broken up.
It's not inconceivable that in 50 years Winblows, or a successor, will still hold at least a relevant share of the OS market and Office will still be the main office suite. They may also expand their hardware development, which is possible seeing the success of the Surface and development of the HoloLense.
People will always go to the largest store with the most products when buying stuff online. The growth of Amazon is basically directly correlated with the growth of online shopping, and it's only going to get bigger. Even in the unlikely event they lose the online shopping market, they've still got other industries they're currently in.
I'm only 50% sure they'll be around. It's possible that a new social network will become more attractive and many of Facebook's and Instagram's users and the three-letter agencies will move to it.

Attached: appleisworsethanmicrosoft.jpg (702x419, 47.36K)

You're not taking that bait image seriously are you?

Amazon might get forced to break up somehow, apple will burn as soon as chinese laborers want rights. Facebook as soon as the younger millennials find somewhere else to be.

Microsoft isn't even trying. The CIA must have told them to lay low but the entire software industry is suffering for the lack of leadership. They forfeited mobile and shit, now it looks like they're forfeiting desktop too. Heads need to ROLL. Microsoft should be winning this because they got the best engineering always did but instead their new clown pajeet CEO has them doing backflips and MUH RUSSIANS.

Attached: ayb.png (560x560, 248.22K)

Microsoft chased away WPF and Silverlight developers when they came up with WinRT. That didn't have to happen.

Satya scuttled the entire Nokia phone division that they just bought because it was too awesome. That didn't have to happen.

The reintroduction of the Courier is bullshit vaporware to make you not realize that they're going all in on building SkyNet for the fucking clowns. I have this feeling like Ballmer was there to make things bad on purpose so that "anything but Ballmer" and then an evil CEO who seems harmless but can't get the AI bug out of his ass. The same way Bush and Obama handed off the Presidency in collusion.

When Microsoft was all MUH RUSSIANS lately I finally gave up on them for good. They'd been floundering for a good decade at least, hard, but this was a sign that it's over.

I sold my MS stock that day too.

Kikebook definitely. Their business model is based completely on being a tool of kike influence. They will be dealt with. Google is another kike scheme, but it is underpinned by some solid, valuable products. I would expect it to survive in some heavily regulated form.

Apple will transition into Pear and then Appear. They sell chocolate peanutbutter and sports shoes, each with value-added electronics on them (for example the peanutbutter will beep if you open it when it's expired, and the shoes will have a service light on the bottom). It will be a little known fact that Appear is based off a company called Apple that sold computers and then phones.

iCarly fan detected

its simple we need redistribute their property

This would be my prediction ignoring material conditions. However, the more likely event is another great depression-level crisis that either forces another wave of progressive anti-trust reforms temporarily gutting these monsters or an end to capitalism itself.

This won't matter unless the CCP falls out of power. It's not a matter of if they want rights, even if they get them the cheap labor will just shift over to some other group like China's vast network of political prisoners who are basically slaves or one of it's many African colonies who are basically slaves.

Facebook is likely going to die. Apple, Amazon, and Alphabet can easily diversify like Microsoft did

Apples main hardware is made in Taiwan so they already have more rights. If Apple really wanted to they could move assembly to somewhere else

The problem with the graph is that it fallaciously abstracts a very diverse revenue stream into being one revenue stream. You wouldn't say that Walmart isn't diverse because "they sell stuff". They're arguably more diverse than, say, Barnes and Noble, or Hobby Lobby.

AKA selling costumers data.