Anyone fell for the net configurations trap?

Anyone fell for the net configurations trap?

wasted something like 20 hours trying to learn all about this and fucking around trying to make a wifi repeater. Made it with highest wifi strength options and my wifi now ranges around 100 meters from my house
according to my countrys law it is illegal but meh, no agency will try to triangulate my house just to shut down my wifi cuz I have a little stronger wifi that goes 100 meters and nobody will nark unless they know some shit about tech

Attached: putty-with-openwrt-shell.png (587x354, 19.58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pdfs.semanticscholar.org/657f/fe0516ffd5f003a2193df8b3dcc4c847c9b4.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=Pjt0iJThPU0
walmart.com/cp/back-to-school/1071204
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sigh.

shush it gramps

Damn, I'd like to see those hacker router LEDs. May I ask you for a gif/webm/sequence of organized fotograms, OP?

Those laws are bollocks anyway. What's your router radiation strength, 100 milliwatts? Your own body radiates 100 as much power.

I hope you get v&, wifi pollution is worse than car pollution.

There's even some channels which are illegal to use which of course, you'd need both a modified router and client firmware to use which provide a much faster connection.

how so

worth risking it for the better connection?

Certainly. What are the chances of being caught?

They would need to know that fact beforehand because no FCC employee is going to stumble on your 100 meter radius with their triangulation gear

Scaredy pants, thats what you are

Not sure if trolling or if I should modify my wifi to be stronk.

Or you could just, you know, use cable. It's always faster than wi-fi, period. Also better latency.

how can i bring my cabled desktop computer into the toilet when im taking a shit?

You use a phone for that. And as far as phone connection goes, you shouldn't really care, even in shittiest scenario it's more bandwidth than you'd need.

by getting a longer cable

Have you tried taking a shit and returning to the computer rather than spend all day in there like a woman?

we all know women just go in there to fap to pictures of david bowie with his commodore 64

Fucking night rider - hasselhof

It's K.I.T.T you faggot

Don't listen to him. Just monitor freq usage of other SSID's. Worse comes to worse just set the region to JP and use ch 13

just leave

honestly fuck you man. zoomers gtfo

You have to be 18 to post on this site.

you know 2000 was 18 years ago right?

Why not just set it to the maximum legal setting? You're probably never going to need your wifi 100m away from your home.

don't write like a nigger

Yea, beurocrauts fucking will fine you for power of your transmitter AND biggest isotrophic radiation at the end of your anthenna... so no, both ways will get you fined but at least this way you can go arpund your house with your dick in your hand not wondeeing if your are in the general direction of cantenna

Smarty pants is too dumb to actually think for himself

Make me

Key word "probably"

was all that blithering retardation trying to say a bigger unnecessary footprint is better than a smaller precise one?

pdfs.semanticscholar.org/657f/fe0516ffd5f003a2193df8b3dcc4c847c9b4.pdf

youtube.com/watch?v=Pjt0iJThPU0

What a nigger you are. Don't you realize that you are disrupting other peoples' traffic? The more TX power you have the more interference you make, baka. (This can/will affect you, too)

You're a disgusting ape.

That method has also possibility to be againt the law, too. But this is better choice than increasing TX PWR.

How's about not being a Borg millennial and don't take your electronics in the shutter? You realize you can disconnect for awhile and you'll be fine, right?

Humans transmit at the infra-red

I bet you have a small ding dong so obviously you wouldn't understand my point

Attached: 2018-08-20-17-14-56--453227412.jpeg (238x212, 10.5K)

Just use fucking wire.

Attached: 48066232_p0.jpg (1201x1000, 622.69K)

rj45 wall socket - 5$
patch cord - 1$
wiring - 40$ for 300 meter spool

Depends on how congested the legal channels are around you and how likely you are to get v& in your cuntry if somebody notices, obviously.

Yeah, nah.

what's the point of boosting your wifi router power if the device your connecting to it with doesn't have it's power boosted.

the device will receive signal but be unable to transmit it back at that range.

Humans radiate in all frequencies up to infrared.

This isn't how it works. TDMA channel starts having bandwidth drops when too many people using it simultaneously, not when someone's base signal is too strong.

what country?

The point is that you are a faggot that doesn't have a libre and FOSS wifi card/driver. That's what you get for using propietary software. I actually have the problem of my wifi card being able to detect and try ACK'ing routers that can't transmit with enough power to respond because they are non-FOSS peices of shit.

And because if they don't comply with the law they will definitely get legally assraped.

They = the manufacturers of the AP

>And because if wireless modem manufactuers don't backdoor their modems by (((legal national security mandate))) they will definitely get (((legally assraped.)))
Fixed that for you. Do I need to mention that most router manufactuers such as cisco are already pwned by the GCHQ/CIA/huwiee? Do I even need to go over the backdoors in just about every router since 2005? Whether hardware, software, or incompetence via bugs there is a backdoor of some sort in every single last one unless you install something like openwrt, dd-wrt, and or gentoo. Actually gentoo would be better because libressl.

Maybe that's why every normie that spends their time glued to the phone is retarded.
I mean they always were, but the ones of today are specially so.

Please tell me more about the backdoors in every router.

also, it's knightrider

Depends.
Do you have your cam set up in there?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-08-22-00-54-48.png (1920x1080, 251.07K)

Yes. And it's also a big contributing factor to why everyone is such a beta soygoy, this stuff is terrible for the testicles.

Go to sleep you faggot.

I seriously hope that's Replicant.

>>>/cuckchan/

Attached: gray-powder-coated-drive-bedside-commodes-11148-1-64_1000.jpg (1000x1000, 31K)

Update us in a year how chemo therapy is going for you.

Enjoy cancer

Attached: 629.gif (355x201, 2.78M)

You won't cause problems to others if if you know what you're doing. The limits are for unlicensed use; in many countries it's actually possible to acquire a legally license to use much higher power on the same frequencies.

I have a self-built OpenWRT router using a high power wifi card with a high-gain directional antenna. The EIRP is 250x the unlicensed maximum in my jurisdiction. I use it to jack in to wifi networks approx 500 meters away. This isn't bothering my neighbors because:

1.) Its highly directional, mounted high up and pointing out across open fields.

2.) Wifi standards incorporate algorithms that down-modulate the power to the minimum necessary anyway. (My kernel logs typically show it cutting back from 30 dBm to 17 dBm.)

And of course, if you use a directional antenna, it totally fucks up triangulation.

Unlicensed cantennas break the law too. The regulations don't limit transmission power but EIRP (effective isotropic radiated power), which is the performance of the system in comparison to a point source radiating equally in all directions. It's the combination of radio, cabling and antenna that counts.

go back to /g/

People that are employed to seek high power radio equipment don't know what are directional anthennas and can't at all find them?
Ok

Go back to 4chan

walmart.com/cp/back-to-school/1071204

They can't use triangulation to locate non-isotropic sources.

Also, in many cases directional antennas will appear to be within normal power on the side and rear lobes; they would have to be standing in direct-line of sight of the main beam, and within a limited distance, to recognise that the EIRP actually exceeded limits.

One has to ask, what would bring investigators out in the first place? The idea that they do random patrols sampling wifi frequencies is a bit far-fetched - they don't have the resources for that. An investigation would be a response to a complaint, so the golden rule is to know what you're doing and be considerate of neighbors. For example, if you live in an apartment block, with just a few meters of air and a party wall between your wifi kit and your neighbors, any increase in isotropically radiated power should be out of the question, but if you live in a farmhouse in the middle of acres of land, there would be plenty of scope to increase it without having an excessively powerful signal escape the borders of your land.

That's pretty fucking cool.
What's a recommended router for the best range?

Attached: Screenshot_20180613-225053_Samsung Internet.jpg (1078x1447, 414.22K)

Yeah, YES

It's pronounced WIRELESS Router user.
Tut tut tut.

I work in networking. The real reason for those laws is so that companies like mine don't tweak the radio and then dominate the segment, leading to millions of radios exceeding limits and everything breaking. Scattered freetards doing it doesn't matter and usually no one cares although some businesses do police their own turf when they notice something causing disruptions and will have their lawyers attempt to destroy your life. Laws designed to limit commercial abuse are comically destructive when an individual trips them, so be careful.

♪ Pole Positio-ooon! What's behind this stunt show? ♫

Attached: c672575c62bbde30eb49b4c92f96c1a5.jpg (216x300, 21.18K)

And what sort of monster antenna are you going to use for that?

you lay the cable in the toilet, grab it with your bare hands (gloves are for pussies), then proceed to stuff your steamy excrement into your ethernet port

I feel your brain cancer forming.

Urmom™

I LOVE RUST
SO DO YOU
INSTALL RUST

I LOVE RUST
SO DO YOU
INSTALL RUST

I LOVE RUST
SO DO YOU
INSTALL RUST

I LOVE RUST