I just spent 14 hours debugging React shit

I just spent 14 hours debugging React shit
Ama

Attached: 0c3ff913da66495500a356f0f6ee19aaef03b6d86c5295a98b56010832f583a3-tech.png (1638x1701, 558.39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

knowyourmeme.com/memes/ask-me-anything
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

As in ReactOS?

Kill yourself twice.

AMA has been a term long before le reddit coopted it. Find something substantive to bitch about. knowyourmeme.com/memes/ask-me-anything

If you used a Webscale State Managment Framework(tm) with Pure Functions(tm) like Redux by Facebook(tm) you wouldn't have this problem :)

Back to reddit.

Clean your ears with a gunshot, you insufferable newfag.

Have you considered rewriting it in Rust?

Why do you use react, it's bloated af.

I think it's the JS framework he's talking about.

Because he's literally from reddit and you get internet points there for large framework insertions.

Hey guys I wrote this REACT APP ™ even though I could implement this easily in js without a framework.

It's funny that after decades of flopping around with all sorts of stupid streetshitter techniques and telling real programmers that they knew better that they're coming back to the same event-driven design that real programmers have been using since the early '90s. Eventually they'll have fully returned to traditional programming in assembly webassembly with threads webworkers and load all content via sockets websockets rendered via OpenGL WebGL, but they'll need five billion bytes of browser in core to do so.

Because I'm getting paid, I hate it more than you do, trust me

Real question tho
Is it better than angular at least?

also, the secret sauce of react (and mithril, etc.) is just ncurses.

yes of course is it.
angular is 700% overengineered JS BS and people can only even force its awkward and bulky mass into their brain (with bruising, rips, scarring, as well as a panoply of long-term side-effects) because it's from Google

While I am sure event driven programming can be done well, the vanilla JavaScripr way to do this is fucking pajeet tier, and I hate it.

Why did you do it?

Our iteration finished the next day and we had a showcase in front of fancy people so it needed to work

You have to go back.

Attached: a1977da13cbce2afac05dcc08bf5aec7f1a0aac9d673f86ec159bf73c1edb96f.jpg (1152x648, 110.37K)

I can't go back, no one can.

Man theres a lot of normie tier cunts in this thread.
Of course we all wish our job was to work on non retard code using normal logical methods. Instead we get to debug and modify some autist's autistic ramblings. The best ones are the ones that define equations/strings on the fly and then call it from 100000 lines forward like "ITS RIGHT THERE I DECLARED IT WHY ARE YOU CONFUSED ITS A POINTER NOT A VARIABLE THEYRE DIFFERRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENT"
Its even better when their code is messier and less formated than their room and you cant even read it.

Today I spent like 3 hours debugging an acceptance spec which is about 1000 lines of mostly JSON where the only problem was a single item being a level too low.
We have like no time for extensive refactoring cus we got 6 weeks to do something these other guys couldn't even get an MVP for in 6 months.

Attached: screen_shot_2017-09-28_at_3.44.41_pm.jpg (2227x1268, 244.57K)

React is okay when used conservatively, prove me wrong.

Literally any benchmark

Does it have a noticable difference?
mewch.net's captcha is a React component

Yes.

Try using a React app on a phone

Don't use Pajeet-coded apps. It's simple DOM updates.

Go fuck yourself.
>>>/suicide/

Attached: 1300df336136e201d35c3ef934bf0b1174130c4b37459d31cb1f147b91e47c5a.jpg (600x480, 47.31K)

you have to go back.