Intel Publishes Microcode Security Patches, No Benchmarking Or Comparison Allowed

Intel Publishes Microcode Security Patches, No Benchmarking Or Comparison Allowed
archive.is/rQNXF

Attached: 591ce3651d69cf69c9d50aa99b5223db--kim-possible.jpg (736x521, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/Dx1I9
tomshardware.com/news/intel-cpu-microcode-benchmark-mitigation,37684.html
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=l1tf-foreshadow-xeon&num=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it must be pretty fucking bad.

They can talk a load of shit.
It's impossible to enforce that.

Oooooooh, It feels so good to have custom BIOS without any microcock whatsoever.

>>>/g/ is that way if you want to masturbate loudly and act a dumbass, pal. All CPUs have microcode these days. Now gtfo.

(you)

You literally can exlude cpu microcode before compiling coreboot and libreboot you retarded nigger.

yes but you can keep using the version that is on the cpu if you dont want the shitty updates

The CPU still has microcode, all you're doing is not providing a newer version of the microcode. That's what already happens by doing nothing you doublenigger.

I was referring to mainstream desktop computing. You're right though. There are a lot of different CPU architectures.

Attached: intel_ceo.jpg (725x483, 62.58K)

>>>/g/

Intel has reversed the decision after Debian and Gentoo refused to host it.

Redhat also ignored the license change and posted benchmarks anyway, for VMs the performance hit can be as big as 30%.

Absolutely Depreciated.

This is what I wonder. How can they enforce it? Do they have some kind of beacon that phones home in the case someone runs benchmarking tools etc.

More information:
archive.fo/Dx1I9
tomshardware.com/news/intel-cpu-microcode-benchmark-mitigation,37684.html

The brand new licensing agreement:
Redistribution and use in binary form, without modification, are permitted, provided that the following conditions are met:Redistributions must reproduce the above copyright notice and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.Neither the name of Intel Corporation nor the names of its suppliers may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.No reverse engineering, decompilation, or disassembly of this software is permitted.“Binary form” includes any format that is commonly used for electronic conveyance that is a reversible, bit-exact translation of binary representation to ASCII or ISO text, for example “uuencode.”

I hope novideo makes their own CPU capable of 30fps raytracing at 1080p for just $1200 so we have a future where Intel has some economic pressure to stop hiring pajeets.

So what new backdoors will the revised firmware contain? I’ve a strong suspicion that caching and hyper threading have to be substantially revised to be safe and only OpenBSD is being proactive with security, as usual.

t. someone who has never had the displeasure of doing literally anything with the Tegra SoCs

>full of minor vulnerabilities that get coincidentally discovered right before the release of the next generation of chips
I can't wait.

That was literally how much they led AMD by

I wonder if Intel is doing like MySQL used to and win benchmarks by knowingly having not implemented proper safety.

Most workloads show a 1/3rd drop in performance, databases will show 2/3rds loss in performance.

A modern, mitigated Intel processor will end up being about the same speed as a 2006-2008 era unit. It's going to be a death blow.

Buy AMD if you missed out when it hit $7 and $10 and $15 and $20 and $25, it will be at $100 soon.

They wanted to, but the licensing hell makes it basically impossible to legally implement modern x86 if you're not Intel or AMD. So they're stuck with ARM and therefore mostly embedded systems.

Faggot, I'm writing this on a Tegra laptop.

This guy doesn't even know that the whole "Web 2.0" meme rests on allowing untrusted users to run untrusted code on the user's machine in the form of Javascript.

the absolute state of Zig Forums

He knows, he's just a paid liar.

A lot of the CPU exploits can't be done via javascript. Luckily activex is dead.

Shit, I forgot that a few laptops got made with TK1s. I was more referring to the TX1/TX2 SoCs/SoMs.

Javascript is yesterdays news old man, all the cool and hip Web 3.0 kids are adopting WebAssembly.

< A little slow on my "web technoloies"
< Google WebAssembly
< tl;dr: NuJava run by the browser.

Meant to reply to

It runs closer to the CPU than JS though which is the worst part.

>>>/techpol/

It is

Attached: INTURD.jpg (792x2140, 481.36K)

Goddamn! They're fucked.

That board is deader than dead but less so is:
>>>/poltech/

Since you are too lazy to post the source
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=l1tf-foreshadow-xeon&num=1

One thing to note is that for bare metal systems you probably don't need to use the full mitigation but for things like cloud providers where they are running lots of untrusted VMs they need to use the full mitigation. Enterprise customers are Intels bread and butter and they are probably fucking pissed at the massive decrease in performance they have to take in order for their services to be secure.

It's actually not bad, it's just a subset of LLVM IR based on an imaginary le32 architecture to make it portable. It frees the web from having to use javascript. We're finally starting to return to the thin client web that we were supposed to have 20 years ago.

If you bench mark it they won't buy advertising with you any more or offer you early access to products for day one reviews like your rivals have.

What is the fucking total at right now. Has someone added up all these bugs and their fix impact? I feel like it's either 50% or over at this point with all the fixes combined in the last few years. What a fucking mess.

Jesus Christ.

Attached: laughter.webm (511x286 11.73 MB, 1.27M)

my toughts exactly, no matter what the license says, i own the hardware, i get to do whatever i want with it, intel doesn't lend me my cpu no matter how hard it wants me to believe that

fuck. why i didn't listen to the AMD people. I will always buy AMD from now on

Thanks to Windows 10 I haven't updated my Windows 7 laptop for over 2 years. Running as good as she ever did.

Attached: DSC00613.JPG (1064x1600, 162.03K)