Are there any affordable OpenBSD VPSs?

Are there any affordable OpenBSD VPSs?
I already use it on my personal computer and it's perfect. Zero complaints.

My current server is Debian and it's the complete opposite; I'm utterly astounded by how many fucking bugs this """stable""" distro shits out at me the moment I attempt to do anything routine. I'd like to switch ASAP, but it seems nobody really offers OpenBSD for some reason.

Attached: o_puffy-das-openbsd-maskottchen.jpg (600x442, 97.46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

packet.net/about/
scaleway.com/baremetal-cloud-servers/
my.vultr.com/)
openbsd.amsterdam/
lobste.rs/
doesitusecloudflare.com/?url=cloudflare.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Install it yourself on your VPS

OpenBSD instances are everywhere now starting at $2.50/month
Vultr - $2.50
Ramnode - $3.00
Prmgr - $5.00
ArpNetworks - $10
Packet - $50

What's with the huge price differences?

>packet.net/about/
I'd rather not.

do you really trust vps technology in the age of intel processors

What's wrong with it?

OpenBSD disables the unsafe features, like hyperthreading.

doesn't matter unless the host also runs openbsd, and it doesnt matter when the processor itself is fucked

theo de raadt:

Maybe true for Xen and KVM, but if seL4 can be turned into a hypervisor, and put on a processor that doesn't have the bad design bugs, then it could work.

That's pretty much all that's been done with it.

This doesn't ring any alarm bells for you?

Doesn't really make sense to me. I thought you were maybe some Zig Forumsack whining about the Rothschild guy.

Ha, look, another 15 year-old has been infected with the OpenBSD meme.

Attached: memeaway.jpg (188x300, 16.23K)

That's an impressive amount of SV hipster spew to say that they're a hosting company. I'll stick with Amazon.

Ha, look, another "never tried OpenBSD" guy.

For OpenBSD I would rather suggest an affordable dedicated scaleway.com/baremetal-cloud-servers/

>even the admin page (my.vultr.com/) is served through CloudFlare
Stop recommending that shit here!

Where are you seeing this?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-08-29 Does it use CloudFlare .png (960x594, 38.4K)

i'll probably get raped by the NSA for suggesting this

but i'd assume if you get a full virtual machine KVM etc, all you need is an operating saystem with a virtio network driver and a virtual machine you have full access to and you can then just ssh/dd write over any default install that the VPS provider has

oh i forgot the virtio disk driver too, you probably need that etc, you know wtf i'm talkin about fellow techie

You don't need the driver for this really, but it's a bad idea to pay for something they don't support, you are paying to get fucked if anything goes wrong.

openbsd.amsterdam/
Best I know of 10 euro a month, 5 euro donated to the OBSD foundation. Depending on your use case, and how much of a concern money is you might be better off just setting up a computer in your closet with a dynamic dns like nsupdate.info a free url from dot.tk and a free cert from letsencrypt.org the only package out of base you need to do that is ddclient.

Some of those are using vmd/vmm which I thought were still not ready for production use.

vmm/vmd have been usable since 6.1, it doesn't support hosting other OS's but other than that it's about as good as you can ask for. Side note but what I really wish is that it was a fixed version of sysjail or chroot, sysjail was removed because it wasn't maintainable and chroot has never had its troubles addressed on any platform:

You post this here, then their setup ends up on HN. I smell a cross-poster.

is anyone providing this service

nah, I did originally hear about openbsd.amsterdam/ on lobste.rs/ so I guess it would make sense that it's on HN. The actual settup of nsupdate + dot.tk + letsencrypt I sort of doubt is on HN I started doing that a year back when I was completely broke but needed some way to host irc in some sort of quality way so me and a freind could talk. At the same time though it's possible just because it's the only way I'm aware of to get a quality free setup on a dynamic IP.

Check the HTTP response header (see the Network in your browser)
server:cloudflare

You can also check the DNS zone / PTR / IP records.

Well, that is not the most reliable source. According to them even CloudFlare doesn't use themselves: doesitusecloudflare.com/?url=cloudflare.com

systemd-nspawn.