How would you rank these programming accomplishments from most impressive to least impressive...

How would you rank these programming accomplishments from most impressive to least impressive. assuming it means for 1 person to create any of them on the list

Attached: 1492406839339.jpg (1148x917, 154.54K)

Are you serios? there are a lot of courses on Udemy to do that.

not impressive
impressive
impressive but probably a scam
not impressive

That depends whether or not you are a deranged schizocow with a one-tracked mind.

a blockchain is literally just a linked list

1. OS
2. Language (if language is good)
there is actually big gap here, but you didn't give more options
3. Cryptocurrency exchange
4. Blockchain

For the gap:

Hmm, I somehow didn't realize when I wrote this post fuck did I sound like a pajeet.

The challenge with a crypto exchange isn't jewing the people using it, it's not getting jewed by the SEC and IRS.

Has be solidly build. Fuckups could be a disastor.
This mostly just deals with reading a lot of documentation.
Just a datastructure
No coding required.

I came here to post this, good to see someone else gets it.

Come on. Like there is a difference.

Riddle me this. If compilers are simple to make, why do they take two hours to compile?
If compilers are simple to make, why is getting a cross compiler build such a fucking shitshow.

I'd say something like TinyCC is impressive considering it seems to be a reasonable c-compiler in roughtly 1% of the loc of gcc.

8/10 made me chuckle

OS takes literally the same amount of knowledge as language (whether natural or programming)

blockchain was just one trick to make work
gay web forum tier shit

optimizing compilers are harder to make, but less desireable anyway

lol no

Wrote a basic kernel (if you can even call it that) once which runs a basic shell (help, echo, rainbowtext on VGA console, basic math) and reads keyboard input which took weeks, most of which was bootstrapping the build system, trying to wrap my head around a memory manager and reading. It's definitely tedious, but once you finish up the internal kernel parts enough to write a userspace around, it will start to get super fun.
It's really simple to tie up an LLVM ExecutionEngine to a front-end that generates something LLVM can understand. You can have the frontend in any language, have it generate JSON for the LLVM IR, convert the JSON to actual IR instances in C++ and pass it to the EE (also in C++). It even runs as a JIT compiler so you can have a managed language.
*wheeze*

What's the hardest thing to do programming wise?

True AI

How is a modern game engine below language? People design and implement languages on their own all the time, there are only a handful of actually usable game engines though.

Which of these would be the most difficult/impressive to accomplish, Zig Forums?

OS ~ Language >>>>>> Cryptocurrency exchange >>>>>>>>> Blockchain.
OS and Language are kind of tied together, if you remember how C and Eunuchs were tandem.
Cryptocurrency is webdev. It's just putting together blocks, and the big work is in the logistics (like legal).
A blockchain takes a few lines of Ethereum contract code, which you can copy and paste.

If blockchain was so easy everyone would do it and do exit scams up the ass

Only works if you have solid enough marketing to make an exit scam feasible. Getting an adoption base is much harder than making a blockchain.

Basically you.

No one has ever managed to create a good web browser though.

chrome is fine you dumb faggot

This is because the web itself is terrible. Saying there is no good web browser is like saying there are no fun toilet cleaning products.

It's hack on top of hack on top of hack.

TL;DR: You can't polish a turd.

OS

Attached: botnet tries to trick anon.png (312x91, 3.34K)

its not the web it's designer that don't know how to make a website

If you won't admit that the underlying structure of the web is broken then you can't really have looked closely at it.

html is kind of ok, in itself.

javascript is a clusterfuck.

css is one of humanity's most evil creations.

There are tools to make it better like less/sass, typescript, frontend frameworks, but these are just automated turd polishers.

I agree. PNG is an stupid format, we have better compression algorithms than deflate. SVG is the worst format (not even a format, just xml) ever created to store vectorial art.

And then you have the fucking web fonts. Multiple format grouped together to add portability, it's insane.

all you do is fork bitcoin. there's even programs to do this for you. there are millions of shit altcoins for this very reason

Well if you are allowed to fork projects all of these are trivial.

To make sure your font is displayed in every browser, you need to make sure you have:
.EOT (Embedded OpenType, IE8)
.WOFF (new browsers)
.WOFF2 (latest browsers)
.SVG for good measure
It's a fucking mess.

wtf ice cream has bones???

Some do. Most ice cream is deboned at the factory these days.

Is this true?