Is writing code for cucks? If you think about it no ballers write code. You think Zuck writes code anymore...

Is writing code for cucks? If you think about it no ballers write code. You think Zuck writes code anymore? no he pays someone to write the code. You think the guy who profits off of True AI is slaving away writing the code? nope he's on a yacht. b-b-but history remembers me for being the author oh really? linus torvalds has 50k followers on twitter, Tim Cook has 12 million

Attached: cq5dam.web.1200.675.jpeg (1200x675, 53.56K)

Yes, doing literally any job other than being a member of the illuminati is cucked.

Attached: DdusbWYVAAADeIq.jpg (1069x653, 65.75K)

Capitalism in a nutshell

(and this is a good thing)

how does I join illuminati ?

You made it when someone else writes the code for you.

But I want to be known as a great programmer not some rich guy. I want my wikipedia page to say "Known for X Language" or OS etc. :(

Better think about it on a strategic level:
A war is not won by generals shooting at each other. Still the glory goes to them.

zuckers facebook needs 10000 people to debug his broken ass website
write code like an og, work it out

Coding is for grunts and has no glory all by itself.

But always watch out for those who write the specs!

Writing code is for craftsmen. If you're doing it not to get better at it, to perfect your craft as far as possible, you should stop doing it and go become a stock market trader/suicide case.
As long as I have the money for food and heating, I don't really give a shit. If I had billions, I'd still be sitting here (probably in a better chair in a more expensive house), still writing C code, because C code is comfy.

Thats because he let the company go public and now the board of directors is in control probably a bunch of feminists that only hire women web devs to meet diversity quotas and of course the first thing that pops into their tiny little minds (other than tyrones bbc) is "how much javascript can i add to this before it completely explodes?"

You cannot lead a company by writing in C.
Maybe you start alone, then you are doing everything on your own. Maybe you can retire one day and code in C while sipping Single Malt Scotch until your fingers bleed.

Until then, leading means being able to delegate tasks.

Bill Gates still writes code all the time. Zuck still writes code.
/thread

But what if the person paid to write code is paying another person to write code?
And that person is also paying another person to write code? etc.

That way, everyone can be a celebrity, and there will be only 1 coder in the whole world.

A better comparison would be the faceless army of people who contributed to BSD vs Tim Cook. Few people give a shit about the original, or current, programmers of any form of BSD and Tim Cook is currently worth $785m.
I think the area where you are wrong is that "ballers" no longer work. They put in the effort and took the majority of the risk when the chance to fail was highest. All of the coding was frontloaded.
A "baller" in this case is somebody cashing in the interest on their past work and success.
The people writing code for a "baller" are cucks only because, rather than working on their own endeavors, they are maintaining somebody else's work, not because they still code.

As a manager of a dev team, I'm constantly trying to get my neets to see this. "I'm not asking YOU to write this, I'm asking you to GET THIS DONE. I will hire people to write it and you oversee and manage. I will buy an off-the-shelf solution if need be, you just need to be the one to make it happen...."

Ultimately it never works. Neets are slavishly addicted to their own creations. At the end of the day, they are all unhealthy control freaks.

They never realize that their "wonderful react framework" is going to be completely abandoned and forgotten in 10 years. They are completely blind that technological changes happen so constantly, that none of their code will even be runnable in 20 years. They literally think people are going to hire a 40 yr old programmer.

I have tried to save you. I have tried to show you the real skills you should have so you can have a family and support them for the next 40 years. But you are too stupid and myopic in your views about life. Keep writing javascript boilerplate and die penniless, you are too stupid for anything else.

Why would you want to lead if you can code instead? Half the reason why working with computers is so great is that you aren't constantly tard-wrangling.

Best example is probably Carmack. Drives Ferraris, practices jiu-jitsu, dabbles in everything from rocketry to VR, but he's still one of the leading coders in the industry.

Attached: CARmack.jpg (777x605, 374.39K)

If you're trying to "be a baller" you are not made of the right stuff to be successful in programming, so you shouldn't be pursuing it regardless of the answer to your question.

This is why I outsource my job to China and coast off their work while my boss is just happy it "Gets done".

Dwayne Johnson is pretty cool

No he's not, he can't even code.

The Deep State can do everything but write code. Have you seen the shitty systems the bad guys use? Have you seen this fucking garbage called Palantir? Looked 20 years old the day it came out of the gate.

Basically, if the feminists close their vaginas for leverage, we shall stop writing code for leverage. The world will be fucked. Satan will be fucked.

He's literally in a tub of ice

The deep state runs university projects to build their tools, they don't have a lot of in-house programmers. If you're a smart kid in a leading CS university you'll be invited to projects that might be meant for more than you're told. Happened to me.

isnt that exactly what the Manhattan Project was? no one knew what they were making

how have they even gotten this far

It’s like this at my uni.

You're at your best in your 20s. They take that from you.

If you code for fun, that's cool.

But if you have to code for money, you better be on your way upstairs.

And by that, I mean really fucking soon.

I heard a talk with Linus saying he's a more skilled programmer today than he ever was

What do you mean? Like coding jobs are soon to be extinct?

With a huge walrus ass and a lot of time on his hands. Sure.

Nope. But most coding jobs are best done by people under 30.
There are no real "old programmers" in a successful company, only team leaders and managers.

Of course you have to have some skills, but only to supervise others, then.

*coughs*

Attached: Alan-Edelman.jpg (1920x960, 164.49K)

top kek. Confirmed for never having worked in industry once in your life.

"Professor of Applied Mathematics, Leader of Research"
Made his B.S. and M.S. at 21 years.

Went up the stairs fast - A Manager, not a coder.

wrote Julia

at 50

It wasn't that he "wrote Julia". That was a team effort: "Work on Julia was started in 2009, by Jeff Bezanson, Stefan Karpinski, Viral B. Shah, and Alan Edelman".

There is a "Julia Computing company".

But you shouldn't know better since the only programming you did was probably in a highschool project.

I literally work for Renaissance Technologies retard

Linus barely writes any code today.

Confirmed for not noticing the whiz kids inside every successful SF company that are doing the work of 1,000 programmers.

this thread is too shit for even /g/

that's because when you're 30 and rewrote your code between perl, Java EE, ASP, ASP.NET MVC WPF whatever, ruby on rails, php, angular, react, you either kill yourself or get a different job

That would be the case in a shitty company where a senior manager jumps to wrong conclusions what standard language should be used.
Also, a good programmer will be able to adapt.

Lemme guess. You're the dishwasher.

you'd be a cuck if you're writing CRUD for facebook

woah what a good point you made there