Brave vs Kiwi

Brave vs Kiwi
WHAT!

panopticlick.eff.org

Attached: Screenshot_2018-09-05-04-00-11-760_com.miui.gallery.png (720x1164, 137.47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reuters.com/article/us-europe-privacy-complaint/mozilla-co-founders-brave-files-adtech-complaint-against-google-idUSKCN1LS2JL
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What in the hell is Kiwi?

i don't get it does EFF think DNT is a good idea? you have to be fucking retarded to even try and implement that
sage for "blocking tracking". that's not a thing, all you can do is reduce fingerprint via tor browser

Do Not Track is a good idea. It works im good websites.

EFF is compromised and they want you to unblock their SF buttbuddies. If it says "no" on that one you're good.

Of course Brave only blocks tracking ads and invisible tracking: they need them for their ads. Same reason Brave has, by default, enabled all tracking and scripts on the website they use for payments.
Pic related is Firefox with uBlock Origin. Enabling privacy.resist.fingerprinting helps to lessen the "unique fingerprint."

What is that even supposed to mean?

Attached: Screenshot_20180905-083531.png (1440x2560, 269.09K)

Despite the delusions of brave users, brave does absolutely nothing to ensure user privacy or even security. A browser whose fucking Tor tabs don't do anything to make you anonymous and non-trackable is shit.

Brave's mission is NOT privacy and security. It's just replacing ads, making them optional, making them less intrusive/distracting. Brave is all about ads, and the only thing it has right now is speed and the fact that it's open source.

There is a new EU law draft that will remove the requirement for websites to put "please accept muh cookies we deliver services and stuff!11!1!!!" banner but rather require them to comply with Do Not Track requests. It will be swiftly implemented by websites like how they complied with GDPR. At least EU cares about their citizens privacy, unlike United States.

How the hell would you confirm if this works

when is the uranus update suppose to come out?

All it does is increase your browser fingerprint and add yet another retarded header to HTTP (I'm assuming it's implemented by a header). Literally what purpose is being fulfilled by asking a website to not track you?? If it wasn't a jewish piece of shit it wouldn't track you in the first place.

Android-only Chrome fork

Everything increases your browser fingerprint. Changing the User Agent, disabling Canvas, WebGL, WebRTC or any other JavaScript feature; yet you retards keep suggesting to do that.

Only hipsters use Brave and Kiwi.

This is all that needs to be said to explain why DNT is stupid and doesn't work.

BLOAT AND DIE

Brave is supposed to be a middle-ground so web owners can get paid in BAT tokens instead of spamming ads.
gets the point. It is about building better economic models to make intrusive ads worthless.

lolsuits. see

Yes, Brave is about the ad system, not privacy. Tor Browser and Firefox are the only browser that actively try to make users harder to track.
As foe Brave's model, I'm still mad that their original model (replace all ads with Brave ads. Users receive 15 % of the revenue, Brave receives 15 % and the website receives 70 %) was replaced by a shittier Patreon.

Well all we have to do is add privacy tools to Brave and everything is set. the "shitty patreon" thin can be improved upon.
Why the Rustfaggotry? You don't know that they work with Soros?
Name some good end nodes that are safer.

Firefox has made some efforts to enhance the user's privacy: by default it has EasyList included to block trackers, it has a setting to reduce browser fingerprinting, canvas fingerprinting and HTTP referrer fingerprinting in about:config (off by default since they break some webistes), they will add the option in the future to disable ads, third party trackers and coin miners from the GUI, they added the option to run certain websites in "containers" with separate LocalStorage and cookies so users can browse those websites without them "tainting" their main session, etcetera.
Rust was created to replace C on their browser since the source code is a nightmare. Rust supposedly helps them mitigate memory leaks and other exploits related to memory management.
False.

umm guys? i got the same result as top-pic using chrome

How did Brave even get a following here? It's a meme browser whose whole business plan was to replicate AdblockPlus's scummy business model of replacing ads with whitelisted ads from advertisers who pay them, combining that with the scummy "paid to watch ads" sites that were semi-popular with neets a decade ago, and then having the chutzpah to email the sites they ripped off offering a small cut of what was taken if they agree to partner as a publisher and let brave take a cut with the 'bonus' of enabling patreon-style donations that brave will also take a cut of. The whole thing is an unprecedented (brave?) level of rent-seeking on the web layered on top of chromium. Seriously, what the fuck are you all thinking?

Attached: firejew.png (994x809, 186.17K)

I wouldn't be surprised if it's because Brendan Eich is involved. This board is filled with javascript kids now.

(((Brave))) doesn't have a following here. Just blatant paid shills.

World's sleaziest browser, would not install.

B-b-but muh Brendan Eich muh joos muh (((parentheses.)))

You guys are overthinking it. 4chans /g/ unironically shills it all the time. Probably just /g/ immigrants talking about how great it is

September 12, 2018
Mozilla co-founder's Brave files adtech complaint against Google

reuters.com/article/us-europe-privacy-complaint/mozilla-co-founders-brave-files-adtech-complaint-against-google-idUSKCN1LS2JL

Attached: 93a94a06333098f67948f96672d992b9184dfcda.jpg (560x315, 33.14K)

People still use ABP?

Over 10 million people have it installed.

Missed opportunity. immi/g/rants

Heres tor browser with the tor plugins removed, https everywhere, ublock, and umatrix.

This is really the only way to be...

My dumbass forgot the pic

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-09-12 22-40-01.png (639x352, 64.83K)

Attached: YG6q_ybJ_400x400.jpg (1588x957 7.21 KB, 297.11K)

Firefox is not exactly trustworthy, and their extensive deployment of shill tactics isn't helping.

Why the fuck is this a red X?
fuck off kikes

Attached: lmao dnt.png (611x53, 4.93K)

The logo

Attached: 57190511e1791d0b1a9bad4a73cbcd8f.png (655x513, 423.83K)

I've yet to find a better alternative for retards like me though. Firefox is common enough that it has support, and it may not be perfect, but it's far from being chrome levels of pozzed.

That's a good thing, retard

b-but what about m-muh ch-chromium?

Disabling Javascript massively reduces your fingerprint because almost all tracking methods rely on it. A similar thing goes for cookies.

Disabling Javascript means you pop up as one of the few people not running javascript at all.
Same goes for cookies, and as a bonus you lose even more functionality.

We are at least two. Can confirm. Only thing they know of us is UA (which is faked) and IP. Do tell more about this magic you know of?

You become almost indistinguishable from a bot, especially if you drop the UAS too. Go ahead, check your fingerprint. Not everything on the internet is a human.

Ironically, disabling cookies is a larger hit to functionality than disabling JS. You can alleviate this by deleting cookies frequently (there are extensions for that) or using a whitelist for your most commonly used sites (what I'm doing). The whole TAKE GOOGLE'S COCK OR EVERYTHING BREAKS!!! thing is an exaggeration though. I usually hear it from people who never tried to take control of their browser and need an excuse to never do so.

Addendum, since this might seem like backpedaling about cookies on first glance: The tracking possibilities with cookies are extremely limited. Basically, your enemy can set one and pray you don't delete it. So the "workarounds" I posted still do their job in the long term, you just might be tracked for your one session on there (which is strictly speaking already possible via IP address alone). For the same reason, I'd say that blocking first-party referer headers is mostly a waste of time, too.

But that's the entire idea behind fingerprinting: you set the cookie in a way that most people don't delete it, and that way you're left with a small amount of interesting targets (those who delete it) to focus your efforts on.
Fingerprinting isn't a way to track better as much as a way to track what you'd miss otherwise.

Also cookies can be set to something hard to spoof and thus become unique access point identifiers if not deleted, which is pretty good as far as tracking goes.

Except for origin IP, which might make you stand out a lot unless you're careful about it.

What efforts would these be? The entire point of these countermeasures is to not provide any info by which you can be tracked. You're effectively suggesting to let yourself be tracked voluntarily (through cookies, which is reliable) so that they don't try to track you through (unreliable) fingerprinting or some other, even less reliable, means. Likewise, it's not like your IP disappears from the equation once you enable cookies -- it's just no longer necessary because you provided a better hole to come through. I get the feeling you're confused.

Lol...

OP...

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1680x1050, 472.02K)

lol nice tabs gaylord

I'm saying you need to work on more sophisticated mitigation techniques.
For example, instead of rejecting cookies keep them for the session and delete them afterwards: that way you don't lose much functionality, don't stand out for refusing cookies, and (with some more work) end up looking like different people.

Another useful technique is using a different IP per session, and spoofing certain js functions (such as time functions) to give each session their own fingerprint.

That's literally what I said in . That said, you still do not stand out more because you look like every other fag who doesn't use cookies, including bots. There's almost nothing they can do anymore and what little they can do is easy to defend against.

STOP TRYING TO SALVAGE JS, JESUS FUCKING CHRIST
If you disable JS, you put the ball squarely into the CIA nigger's court: "Go on, try and track me without 99% of your tools". You even mentioned a way to make this next to impossible by hopping IPs.
If you enable JS, the only way to defend yourself is to preemptively predict all tracking vectors and actively deceive them. Notice how suddenly your defense transformed from something passive into a shitload of constant effort? If it was possible to predict all attacks in advance, antiviruses would work. Yet they don't. Did you predict JS timezone tracking? Tracking via resolution? Hell, did you predict a basic thing like tracking pixels before they became common? No to all? Then don't make your defense depend on your ability to do that, fucking hell.

ABP much like Chrome and Windows is 'set and forget' by default - complacency, yet again. It's almost as if there was a large scale blackpilling conspiracy...

Brave's UI is pretty unresponsive but I use it to throw shekels at a couple sites I use. BAT isn't a horrible idea, the problem is that it's stuck in an Electron browser.