Are distros like fedora and opensuse safe to use? I am running solus as my daily but curious about these distros also...

Are distros like fedora and opensuse safe to use? I am running solus as my daily but curious about these distros also. I hate gnome so i could install fedora kde flavor or just opensuse.

Since linus torvalds used fedora and switched to opensuse because of gnome, these operating systems cant be botnet right?

Attached: xjk.jpg (1125x948, 82.98K)

You can't say you use Solus and ask if Fedora and OpenSUSE are safe to use. You just can't.

Reminder that linus couldn't even get a distro as easy as debian to work right.
Don't use him as a gold standard of what distros should and shouldn't be safe.

whats up with systemd?

oh ok then. i was asking since fedora is controlled by red hat and opensuse is supported by suse company.

yeah i'm just curious about the possibilty of suse and red hat deciding to spy on their users or something.

OpenSUSE is better than Fedora. OpenSUSE has better KDE experience and developing anything on Fedora is pain because of (((selinux))) AppArmour is less niggerlicious than (((selinux))), anyway. But Gentoo/Funtoo, NixOS and Debian/Devuan are the distros that white people use on their computers.

Attached: fuka-mizno.png (1280x720, 1.05M)

The only thing linus really gives a shit about is being able to use the tools he needs to work on the kernel. I don't think he's very privacy or freedom oriented in general so you probably don't want to use him as a reference if those are your concerns.

You're very outdated. He went back to Fedora a while ago.

I'm considering OpenSUSE, is it botnet?, how big are its repos?

This. He was only on OpenSUSE for less than a year, maybe just a couple months IIRC.

Safe how? Safe for what? To use to drive a PLC controller for ruggedized teledildonics so other degenerates can control your sex toys while you're dressed up in a fursuit on Chaturbate? No, not safe. You're going to tear your lower intestine. All because of your choice of Linux distro.

Learn to ask better questions.

But i did elaborate my question above. Are red hat and suse trustworthy? Learn to relax.

Torvalds probably doesn't care about botnet that much. He's very straight forward no non-sense. I doubt he has the time to worry about something like that.

The systemd botnet thing is probably not true, but keep in mind everything actually is botnet for the most part, so really in the end it is probably botnet. They are safe though btw

Just use literally what ever, anything else is a meme

I like openSUSE because at least they pretend to care about ARM compatibility.

Hah! Yeah I don't think Torvalds really knows or cares about security. Obviously he knows some security stuff, but don't mistake him for a person with a comprehensive perspective on it. He might know how to implement a piece of code with security in mind, but he doesn't see the big picture of security.

Don't ever mistake expertise in one area as expertise in general.

So many developers and experts are basically just nerds. They enjoy coding (who doesn't) but don't care too much about the end result, especially when it comes to security. They don't have the mind for caring about bigger picture things like security or real-usability.

Torvalds and Stallman are very alike in this regard. Both became so obsessed with minutia and other nerdery that neither was able to meet their final goal. This is assuming that the final goal for each was a full OS. Torvalds titled his own book "Just for Fun." And that really sums it up I think. He only cares about enjoying the journey, and he's largely uninterested in the outcome that many users would like to see.

A kind of example of this nerdery would be ex-military or law enforcement gun nuts. Some are obsessed with guns and are very knowledgable about them. But they don't see the larger ramifications of firearms. Some in this group will be pro-regulation and would like to see guns banned for everyone except cops and soldiers. Others may fail to see the necessity of at least some safeguards.

The firearm example, while politically polarizing, is very relevant. There are government forces that would love to ban encryption, for example. They may one day argue that computers should be controlled as guns are. We are approaching a future where computers and technology may pose more of a threat to government than any firearm ever could.

Anyways. I do not trust Torvalds or Linux. All the jackasses contributing to the Linux kernel cannot possibly be a good thing. Pretty much any loser can get their code put into the kernel. I wouldn't want any of those people using my personal computer, so why should I let their code run on it?

I would recommend openSUSE. I've used a few different distros, including Fedora, Debian, and Ubuntu. Fedora was fucky with package management and was all around a mediocre experience. Ubuntu always found new and creative ways to break itself at the most inopportune times. Debian was good but lacked a lot of the features I wanted on a desktop, though Debian is still my distro of choice for servers. My home server is a cluster of Raspberry Pis running and ARM port of Debian.

But openSUSE with KDE has all of the tools that make it an excellent OS for getting work done. On all of the other distros I used I had to fuck around with powertop to get the battery life to not be shit, but on openSUSE I get a solid 9+ hours out of the box. All of my drivers also worked out of the box, including WiFi cards, DisplayPort, USB 3.0, audio, and my card reader. Docking station also works well (Fedora wouldn't recognize VGA monitors used with the dock). Furthermore, you get amazing tools like YaST that bundles every bit of system configuration into an easy to use graphical control panel. Package management is fast and easy using zypper over the command line. I only use that to add and remove packages though. For updates I just use the KDE panel widget to check and install system updates. KDE connect is also nice for linking my botnets together, so I can share files and notifications between my laptop, desktop, phone, and tablet.

There was only one issue I encountered with openSUSE, and that's at install time. If you let it partition your disk automatically it gives you a 20GB or so home partition, which is fucking stupid. So make sure you handle partitioning manually and put all files in one partition. For SSDs you should use XFS. This thing boots in like three seconds with that setup.

Sent from my X230.

Attached: 2018-09-10-082839_1280x1024_scrot.png (1280x1024, 568.12K)

Just use MX linux

mx linux and antix suck

Using it now, whatchu gon do?

OpenSuse = Underrated. Best KDE experience. Great balance of updated apps and stability. Negative: leans towards walled garden experience

Fedora = Best wayland experience. Inherits benefits from RHEL enterprise brother. Negative: massive weekly updates can sometimes break features.

Ubuntu = Massive support. Sane and productive experience. Nice fonts. Negatives: jack of all trades, general purpose OS. Being like every other fag.

Laugh while I use Devuan

debian isn't easy though
it doesn't even have a sudo package, getting graphics drivers to work is an absolute mess, the fonts and default confs are shitty, and good luck implementing proprietary modules as an enduser

t. Zig Forumslution

There is only one safe Linux distro.

Attached: 2018-09-11-120920_1366x768_scrot.png (1366x768, 919.24K)

Attached: 1536664933481.png (240x210, 9.75K)

Wait a minute, i5-2520m is supposed to have the hd 3000 gpu.

Nobody actually checks the source code.
Commie OS is just as backdoored as Windows.

nope. (((Canonical))) doesn't manage the repos very well. if you want to install a package that (((they))) don't want to support, you will have bad time, since the versions are so old. it comes with way too much bloat, opensuse/debian has better experience out-of-box.

they aren't stable. some mirrors are broken. they are meme distros.

Weenus uses the console most of the time, so his experience with the desktop is worthless.

So you checked it then? Where in the code is/are the backdoor(s) located? I'd like to see for myself

I just wish there was a quick way to install Gentoo on my Asus netbook. It's going to take a gorillion years to compile everything.

Don't get enthralled changing tux flavors every afternoon like I did. But also don't install Fedora its shit.

You didn't elaborate for shit, "botnet" is a buzzword.

I see you are not mentally capable of understanding what you read.

good meme faggot

Fuck off, Kevin.

+1