Stack overPOZZ is at it AGAIN

stack overPOZZ is at it AGAIN

LOL WHAT IS IDENTATION YOU FUCKING RETARDED, IT IS A GOOD PRACTICE NOT A "PERSONAL PREFERENCE"

YEAH READING A SINGLE FUCKING HUGE LINE IS EASIER THAN A INDENTED CODE

Lol haha i don't even know why I keep trying to contribute to this shit. btw yes I killed a thread for this, it was about to die anyway

Attached: stack overpozz.png (1267x896, 102.91K)

why would you do this

What are the good alternatives to (((Stack Overflow)))/(((StackExchange)))?

Reading the documentation and books

12k rep user here. Last time I checked (admittedly a long time ago) it was just 2k rep for the privilege to edit people's posts without approval. I'd tell you to simply amass enough rep but by that point you probably won't give a single shit to improve some retard's question's shitty formatting. I don't even post anymore and make like 500 rep/year doing nothing, lmao.

Also, don't get suckered into this "suggested edits" crap. It's like 2 rep/accepted edit. Don't participate in meta. Don't fuck around in chat. Don't farm idiotic badges. If you want to participate at all, go ask and answer questions instead. I don't do that anymore because every time I visit the site the questions are boring as fuck.

It looks like you made it worse. LISP formatting isn't appreciated outside of LISP communities. Poo in the loo, Pajeet.

It's not Lisp formatting. looooooooong lines look horrible no matter the language.

Karma was a mistake. I wish we could go back to the days when know nothings couldn't hide behind internet posts and post counts. These people would have gotten eaten alive on the mailing lists.

*internet points

Mailing lists and forums (yes even this one) degenerate into social hangouts for the regulars. Every community is shit. At least my name isn't publicly associated to anything I do here.

The only way to have something remotely good is to whitelist people. Find experts in some niche and create a community with just them as members. Don't allow the public to join at all. At most, let existing members vouch for new people and ban them from doing so if they introduce retards into the community.

And what about the women? What about the women, busta?

I'm no fan of what stackoverflow has become lately, but the problem you're having is with some random jerk-off who's got review privileges. I've had edits rejected, resubmitted verbatim, and accepted by a different reviewer.

women get a pass because i want more women in tech
women should be let in anywhere based on being a woman

I don't either, please stop waisting your time on these idiots.

Stack Overflow is the UNIX method of programming. USENET groups like comp.lang.c and comp.unix were the forerunner to Stack Overflow. Mainframes had documentation describing all the hardware and software so people could actually understand how the computer works and all the code that was running on it. Mainframe users and computer scientists even said "no one could understand" Lisp machines "because there were no manuals" and that's true compared to what they were using. UNIX came with "man" pages that sucked and didn't explain anything, so UNIX weenies had to ask each other instead of reading the documentation because it didn't exist.

OK, then what does "[Trying to connect to your party's talk daemon]" mean? Look at the source code.So what kind of operating system has standard utilities withundocumented diagnostic messages? Oh, I see. If someone actuallydocumented Unix in its entirety, just the "Bugs, Lossage, and ErrorMessages" section would look like a set of VMS documentation.UNTALK, without a screen refresh routine, was never this bad.

Subject: Re: Another Reason To Hate C This certainly seems to be a lot of the resistance to lisp machines. ``But it's got *all* *those* *manuals*!'' There is a certain irony in this for those of us whorecall the early complaints about lisp machine environments.The most vocal complaint of the establishment computerscience community was that this system was just a hack, andthat besides no one could understand it because there wereno manuals. Here in the future, `man' serves as theconstantly available, online, up to date informationresource we know and love. In the words of the famous song`Who could ask for anything more'.

Already knowing everything, so you don't have to look shit up.
In seriousness, I don't know why anyone would contribute to the site, but it can be a good reference sometimes.

stack overflow is horrible, but your edit was entirely pointless and begging for sympathy here won't change that.

Classic Bryan.

You need to leave immediately and never return.

The less women, the better. I've watched women directly destroy groups before; gaming groups, hobby groups, you name it. The second you see a woman join, it's time to start preparing for the death of the group.

Different times are funny.
O how I love unreadable clusterfuck manpages that have you wrestle the page itself more than the knowledge you're trying to acquire, and packages that entirely lack them.

Attached: the horror won't end.jpg (626x354, 19.21K)