The Cucking Continues: Linus Torvalds adopts the Contributor Covenant

(posted from /v/)
git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=8a104f8b5867c682d994ffa7a74093c54469c11f

LINUXFAGS BTFO

But for real, this is very bad news. For those who don't know, the Contributor Covenant is a code of conduct made of nothing but poz, you can check it out here. This basically can be used as justification to police people (and has been). Other fags can explain it better than I can. It was also made by a radical feminist tranny who believes in "Post Meritocracy"

contributor-covenant.org/

postmeritocracy.org/

Creator's twitter so you can see the carnage for yourself
twitter.com/CoralineAda

Attached: c672a9306ff9366ff41fa3009aa1c5c384a30424efbaabda0c1b3f4a873b5efd[1].png (695x876 57.2 KB, 42.2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

code-of-merit.org/
geekwire.com/2018/gab-user-deletes-anti-semitic-content-microsoft-azure-threatened-shut-site/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Posting some caps from twitter of the founder celebrating this and being all-around repulsive and cancerous

Attached: 5a2f05004452d17486bc0a6e66d04c1c531d5dbcf1e5d47bfdbfa9d44d627fdd[1].png (511x602 82.62 KB, 199.05K)

Attached: 8af01003a7f1d408585499d638619952f252f3daba0ce05f4dbaa4cde28833b1[1].png (641x752 17.49 KB, 214.71K)

And fucking "Post-Meritocracy"

Attached: fc01efc5eb5d051f0b298b513abfaa1e6738118dc80dca89343d98033bdb0291[1].png (1124x819 104.22 KB, 91.02K)

Terry was right again.

Wake me up inside.

Attached: believe.jpg (800x992, 188.48K)

There's already a thread for this OP. You are a faggot see

Not the same thing

Not this shit again. I will never contribute to project with stupid ass anti-meritocracy covenant.

There was one application I used which had a annoying bug, I thought I would fix it but it had the covenant, so I instead spent 3 weeks and wrote my own replacement for the application. Mine works better tbh, more efficient.

Fuck these people and I hope they burn in hell for what they did to poor Linus.

I can't wait for the mass exodus of SJWs from this world once Day of the Rope arrives. hahahah

Attached: 151239288464.jpeg (627x782, 129.38K)

And who is they, pray tell, fat nigger?

Thanks for nothing ya worthless goy. It's too late for you to redeem yourself, but hand over the reigns of the linux foundation and we'll consider forgiving you.

Attached: too late.png (611x459, 95.21K)

How did we go from laughing retards out the room to allowing uppity negresses to even attend tech conferences, let alone disrupt them?

Attached: uppity nigger.png (309x487, 132.97K)

Oink.

Attached: PozzyPig.jpg (1409x1368, 481.27K)

Now guess which projects the signatory nobodies of this "post-meritocracy" manifesto made by a notorious occultist work for.

Everything is getting destroyed.
It's not fair.

Attached: 1534974954406_0.jpg (1080x1064, 171.77K)

We just have to create our own Zig Forums. Once on some drunken night in Finland, Linus had that same thought. He had a good run, and provided great utility to billions. It's probably over now, but we can still salvage the good parts.

Probably not actually a bad idea. We know a lot more about technology and what's the right ways and wrong ways to do things now than we did when the big desktop operating systems of today were made.

I instinctively read all the text in those images with a jew voice in my head.

When did things get this bad? Why can't anyone tell this fat man bitch to go away? Why do they listen to these people?

Attached: 194xg9ojcoi1wjpg.jpg (890x591, 266.38K)

Proprietary software doesn't have to deal with this because the dev teams are gated behind an application process and they work for a paycheck instead of an ideology

Attached: bill-gates.jpg (1280x853, 160.93K)

I wish this was true, but tech news coverage recently is one big conga line of companies signing up on sjw agenda.

They don't give a fuck about the SJW agenda, its just PR. Their so-called "diversity quotas" are there to shut lefties up when in reality its just an excuse for them to replace everyone with pajeets who will work for a fraction of the cost. Its shit, but it could be worse.

hang yourself pronto, you arse bandit

I don't think you have a fucking clue what you're talking about you fucking aspie

I'll just leave this here
code-of-merit.org/

No good. It's illegal to refuse the usage of made up pronouns in many commie jurisdictions.

Make sure to let Linus know what you think

Attached: Screenshot_20180917-104444.png (1079x596, 47.36K)

Then fork it so that the version you use for your project doesn't have that item. I brought up this exact issue myself in another thread.

Point 1 makes everything after that irrelevant, because that's what you get with unlimited power.
Ignoring that, point 11 is a terrible idea that gets you kiked by stuff like "distrbuting codecs is illegal here" (bye VLC) and "not spying on users is illegal here" (bye everyting not made in China): stick to a single jurisdiction if you have to, like Zig Forums does.
Point 13 is pointless lawyer-speak, could replace with "If you partecipate in the project, you will be expected to follow the CoM".
Point 14 can result in very unpleasant WONTFIX outcomes, in which anyone refusing to ignore a problem is banned.

You'd be surprised. The industry as a whole is getting sick of pajeet's shit, and it's far more common to see less pajeet contractor positions and more white full time positions. The cost-benefit ratio is too high with pajeets, and the price of shitty unmaintainable code has grown higher than the price of a single good employee salary.

Microsoft is on the government money train, they don't give a shit about delivering a good product anymore.

hmmmmm

Attached: fem.png (1105x902, 614.05K)

I really hate how these SJWs prey on the natural goodwill of people. Really grinds the gears, you know?

Attached: cosby-raper.png (500x709, 165.92K)

The Linux people were weak and let themselves get subverted. It's really that simple. Much like western countries let themselves get subverted and invaded by ousiders. The problem stems from the fact that they didn't police themselves and stop the subversive behavior before it had time to do real damage. As Yuri Bezmenov said: you can't subvert those who don't want to be, who resist at every step.

Attached: come home.png (1200x756, 548.78K)

Yeah ok stfu Microcock shills, I'd still rather use software made by mentally ill trannies than botnet.

Attached: b18420de3539a73ce22f248ae745dbaa-imagejpeg-a-860e.jpg (720x828, 129.8K)

t.

They wish, that will never happen, as long as you can pick between two different things, there will be a meritocracy.

Then can we start getting a sensible list of things wrong with current computing paradigms that are specific and workable and not some abstract or rose tinted shit.

Thast's because you are dumb.
Microsoft only wants money, the mentally ill trannies want full control over your life and your actions.
Microsoft won't lock you out of your account or brick your mobo because of a comment you wrote on youtube 10 years ago, control freaks will.

They can want whatever, as long as I can see the code I'm pretty safe.

It think it's time to fork Linus both of them

Using bad and outdated languages like C, the operating system should be written in a Javascript framework.

No, we must write in brainfuck. We can't get CoCed if the SJWs can't understand what we are typing!

So all standards of performance will collapse in the Linux kernel. In a few years (if not sooner) it will become unusable garbage. What are the alternatives?

Implying you have the time and skills required to audit millions of LoC describing an incredibly complex system.
Bonus points if the code is low quality, structured weirdly, or intentionally unreadable a la systemd.

I think you're onto something

sorry to tell you this bud but all the smartest developers are SJW or at best apolitical.

The smartest developers are so autistic that sweet words from a girl will cause their legs to turn into jelly.

And all the most skilled bakers are pedophiles. That doesn't make being a pedophile a good thing!

Yeah totally, that's why they are working for spaceX and nasa writing embedded firmware for satellites and highly complex HDL for FPGAs running satellite instrumentation? Oh wait, they're writing shitty apps and trash games for steam early access. Being apolitical is just their autism

Traps. It was right in front of us all along. Traps programming in kneesocks. You can't get cucked by SJW females if you fap to traps! You can't get cucked by SJW trannies if you fap to traps (trannies != traps). The vaccine is traps and kneesocks.

back to >>>/g/, faggot

Fine then, go ahead and put women on a pedestal and lift them into positions of power. Enjoy your CoCs.

Destroy them, before they destroy you or your loved ones and things

Or you could just fuck them and make sure they know their place? Fucking a dude in kneesocks won't really help anything

THE RIDE NEVER ENDS
atleast gnu doesnt have a CoC right?

Keep dreaming your Zig Forums dreams, they're less real than 2D waifus are.

Thanks for giving us our next target
t. local feminist

That was maybe true before Windows 10, but now Microsoft wants full control over everything you do on your computer. Hell, they're even doing their best to get everyone to "upgrade" to Windows 10.
Now at the same time this is going on, Linux is being subverted with systemd, suspicious crypto functions, and now Linus going full cuck.
And not long ago, some other project like FreeBSD also adopted thse CoCs of cucking.
And while this is happening, google is enforcing chinese government censsorship, along with their usual SJW games that the other big web "platforms" also participate in.
And at the same time this is going on, the lawmakers in US and EU are pushing for changes for stronger copyright laws.
And while this is going on, all kinds of interesting next level shit is happening in Estonia.

Attached: Bilderberg and the Digita….webm (640x360, 15.26M)

fucking CoCkolds

Wow you were almost right

I don't have to be. I only need the skill to randomly audit some chunk every now and then, and there are others reading the same code too.

Well, it must have worked at some point since we got this far already.

Can you give me an example of MS excluding you from a service based on wrongthink? There's a lot of companies doing it, I'm just curious is MS is better or worse. I'm sure you can give plenty of examples after making such a statement.

Can you give me an example of someone being excluded you from Linux based on wrongthink?

Even if hypothetically the maintainers start kicking people out, that still doesn't stop you from using the operating system or making modifications to it.

geekwire.com/2018/gab-user-deletes-anti-semitic-content-microsoft-azure-threatened-shut-site/

Read the new CoC, the only purpose is to exclude people because of wrong think. Nothing hypothetical about it, even the creator admits it, same happened with these same assholes trying to kick Opal maintainer from his own project.

Sure you can use still use it if you want to use project governed by authoritarian politically motivated bigots.

And corporations who donate millions to feminism and won't let you even see the source code to begin with isn't worse?

I'm seriously considering switching to TempleOS now.
It's not like the Internet isn't also going down the toilet too.

Attached: Risen_-_Terrence_A._Davis.mp4 (640x640, 3.46M)

I never said so. They are indeed worse.

At least use KolibriOS fam

I can only judge by following replies but it looks like you're

They're not smart, else they wouldn't be called useful idiots. They're only "smart" in a very narrow sense that allows them to write (bad, stinky, insecure, bloated) code, but they don't possess the divine intellect.

Attached: TAD.png (500x500, 328.19K)

I fucking knew a woman was the cause of this drivel.

So by way of /v/ I have found out about Linus' change of mind and the adoption of this code of conduct. I have to admit as someone who barely keeps up with politics, much less of the OS I jumped to last year, I'm not really sure how I should be feeling about this. What specifically is wrong with the contributor covenant, or rather. Having read it and a couple articles warning of the political motivations behind it. How has it been utilized to erode or otherwise undermine the direction and/or leadership of a project.

I haven't exactly dug deep, but so far only the Opal project, and a couple articles outlining the slippery slope rhetoric of the Contributor's covenant have come up in my readings. And the number of projects that have adopted the Contributor's covenant seems small compared to how many projects I imagine exist with any prominence so I can only imagine that if Linux has adopted it, this will mean a larger number of projects as well.

So what is the over and under for this thing?

But that doesn't happen, see OpenSSL

It's a political infiltration, this is the equivalent of an enemy collapsing the wall of your castle. You can say "they aren't in yet" if you want to be a cuck, but that doesn't change the fact that your enemy removed the wall.

Attached: e5f5b6c938e200191283bfdcd8b225d3e2285a450810849b7833a7d347ce29e9.png (1079x1780, 198.94K)

This is why traitors always get the bullet first. To date, no bullet has been fired, thus the traitors continue to be traitors and sign over everything of worth to our enemies.

It's the degenerate flag being planted in the last sane territories, and unlike in Asterix the Gaul, there's no magic potion in our little village.
It means that by contributing (that means just using the ML to report a bug) you automatically submit to jewish subversive bullshit like "gender identity".

that's amazing

Attached: jesse.png (1800x900, 1.07M)

There are no walls or castles here. It's free software, not proprietary software. LF can't even issue DMCAs to take down code of contributors they don't like, because the GPL license does not allow that. Come to think of it the GPL also does not have an enforceable "code of conduct" rule within it anyway. They have no power because the LF is a nonprofit, not a company. SJW cunts can't hire an army of attorneys and have code they don't like taken down.

This whole matter is a distraction, even if Linus is a cuck this whole fight began because he wanted to step away from the Linux Summit in the first place due to scheduling issues. If SJWs "infiltrating" free software upsets you so much then either don't use Linux or fork it and host it yourself.

This isn't a war and there are no states here, SJWs are not sovereign neither is their ideology. If you're upset about having to adhere to a strict set of rules when contributing code, then just don't adhere to them and host your own code. They have no legal power here, they don't even have the ability to force people to stop using their software.

Fighting over free software CoCs is the lowest, stupidest, and pathetic fight someone could fight for because it is utterly irrelevant as the software is free. Which is why SJWs are attracted to it, because there's no barrier to entry and they don't have to produce documents that function (in a legal sense) for either the LF or individual users. This whole thing is a charade that will ultimately have no impact because the software is free.

At any point, you can just use Apartheid Linux.

Attached: nazi 2.jpg (1067x600, 183.35K)

Nothing has been "signed over" here. Linux is still licensed under the GPL which means the LF's moderation board/HR dept/SJW taskforce can't DMCA people they don't like. This is exactly a function of Linux being free software, and if the LF tries to change this then Linux will cease being used because the whole point of Linux is that you don't have to deal with licensing issues like Windows or Solaris do.

It's only a tiny and indirect part of the plan to destroy Europeans people by subversion and demographic genocide, so yes, it's a war.
There are nations.
Nice strawman, their strictness isn't the point.

That whole post reek of shill, and that's the first time I've used that word. Funnily, the whole "it's pointless, they don't matter" drivel is only used after these codes are accepted.

Attached: 1293750054444.png (448x538, 2.12K)

Apartheid Linux was originally developed by a stormfag though. Is it currently in development?

So then win by completely avoiding it and using your own fork (like Apartheid Linux) or don't use Linux. Part of this is that it is tiny and indirect, this is how SJWs operate because this entire "battle" is so utterly low stakes it does not have any real impact in the real world because in this instance SJWs in the LF have no power as the CoC is not part of their software license. Even if they modified the license to be so, that would just be a reason to fork Linux and avoid it entirely. Solutions to this already exist.

All of which use Windows or RHEL and don't create their own contributions directly. There are no "nations" in Linux, because neither Linux nor any of it's contributors are sovereign states.

oh it gets better in article

This is Zig Forums not Zig Forums. More to the point this is such an utterly irrelevant topic because at any point you can just fork Linux and be done with it forever. Or you can make "racist" contributions that you host yourself which the LF are totally unable to take down. This is the power of free software and all people are doing ITT is bitching about SJWs instead of doing some sort of action.

Dunno, personally I use Trisquel.

I see you Shlomo Shekelstein.

Attached: 2d27be1803c82c57bc78cee68ce307a7d9dbf0b0fe3047d1c06305f9c5108636-b.png (620x916, 212.29K)

Wrong, it's a "woman". "She" is on HRT and will fully transition by the end of next year. Currently it has spent the past year giving talks to small conferences and making music, generally being useless like most trans-creatures are. It'll probably off itself when Trump gets reelected.

>(((removed by moderators)))

Just out of curiosity, have you ever been at all involved with software development? Because it sounds like you have no idea what the fuck you're asking here.

Attached: aa6d59c03e81700fda26bd3ca5fa208867e47d553ccf4b8367993d0fca80b592.jpg (408x258, 9.97K)

"it" is a he and always will be

I get that, I guess I'm just looking to see more examples of it being used to the detriment of a project. And the Opal one seems to be the primary example of it being used to remove a major contributor of a project for wrong think. But I am looking for more. Granted, hearing about stuff like "post-meritocracy" doesn't the case for the type of stuff being pushed forward now.

Is Patricia really a tranny? Doesn't look like one.

Do you? Last time I checked you can download Linux for yourself and program your own code for it to your likening because it uses GPL. It's not proprietary.