This man is a true genius and the most valuable Google engineer...

This man is a true genius and the most valuable Google engineer. He's like a God at Google and not even the CEO would go against him. He literally made Google what it is today and wrote/worked-on all of their most important software stacks. He's worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

Now, notice something interesting:

He doesn't have two, three or four monitors and he doesn't have some gigantic TV screen that kills your focus and distracts him from everything important.

He's not distracted by having a phone out on his desk, because he doesn't use such technology as a lifeline like consumerist millennial do who'd literally die without their phone.

He doesn't have some bullshit meme mech keyboard with some special switches that were forged by elves in Japan from katana-grade steel and lights that emit perfect sRGB colors.

He doesn't have some tricked out text editor with million different features and colors.

He doesn't run some super-autistic Linux distro like Arch that demands you babysit it all the time.

He doesn't have some DE with customized CSS US that you usually see in tons of threads on here.

He didn't even change the default theme, colors or the default background.

He can afford all that shit, yet he doesn't waste his time on it. Instead, he writes 100x more lines of code than you and is 1,000,000x more accomplished than you'll ever be. And he's infinitely smarter than you'll ever be.

So quit falling for fucking memes and quit craving all the latest bullshit that gets posted on here in these cancerous consumerist "generals" threads. Mark my words, and this is coming from a professional: there's nothing more pathetic than consumers who think having multi-monitor setups makes them productive.

Attached: jeff_dean_single_monitor.jpg (1200x801, 207.56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

insidephilanthropy.com/home/2016/8/10/one-of-googles-top-programmers-has-made-stem-diversity-a-phi.html
corovan.com/,
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

insidephilanthropy.com/home/2016/8/10/one-of-googles-top-programmers-has-made-stem-diversity-a-phi.html

no office?
the most valuable Google engineer doesn't get an office?
fuck the entire left coast, man. Plenty of offices in flyover country.

He's a straight, white male.

There's a difference between employees and hobbyists, retard.
This man sees coding as a way to get money and prioritizes productivity over comfort and enjoyment. Hobbyists are the opposite.

Split keyboards are honestly not a meme--I've started using a Kinesis Advantage, and it's excellent (would be perfect if it used Matias switches, Cherry sucks).

That's a hell of a list of #includes at the top of the code. At line 1 of the files in both editors.

I'm thinking this:

Photographer: Can you please sit down and look like you write some code?

Sorry OP, that was what I noticed.

I count 6 monitors in that picture. As one of their most valuable employees he's not sharing an office with other employees and has the space to keep them all on a ridiculously long desk facing a wall sized window that gives him a view of a park filled with trees.

If you were worth hundreds of millions of dollars housed in one of the most extravagant office buildings on earth with a gigantic office to yourself would you want a multi monitor setup like one of the plebs who's stuck at a single desk in a widowless room or a multi workstation setup to fill up some of the empty space you have?

Also I notice this: He just unpacked his new monitor based on the cardboard box on the floor. The USB cable from his monitor ends in a micro-usb, probably for his smartphone.

Is that a book called "Introduction to Erlang" on his desk? Just a guess from the visible letters.

That looks like gvim.
Arch doesn't need babysitting. I can count on my fingers the problems I've had with arch (not counting those related to SystemD as I only have so many fingers).

He looks like a nice guy though, too bad he develops for Satan himself.

oh it is a corovan box corovan.com/, so he just got his new office?

The book is:
Handbook of Neuroevolution Through Erlang

"Startup culture" models their developer work areas after university computer labs. Long, rectangular tables of adjacent workstations. Having worked in offices, cubicles, and "startups", I can honestly say that the latter configuration promotes teamwork much better, and mostly prevents people from dicking around on social media during work hours.

this is stale pasta

I used to have a desktop by the window.
Does sun glare not bother them?

I get the impression this is a photo-op. Most trusted devs get to work remotely and have some desk to come in to but usually give it up to excuse working remotely more often. Would explain why he's touching someone else's computer

But the thing you failed to understand was that is what works for him and the types of work he does, just because that setup suits him doesn't mean that literally everyone else should copy his setup.

You point out how he has one screen, but for someone who does a lot of electronics design such as myself you realistically need multiple screens to get maximum productivity, one for layout, one for schematic, and often a third for various datasheets and design aids. As for programming some people like to have a fully fledged IDE with an integrated terminal and debugger while others prefer a simple text editor and a separate terminal.

Some of the observations such as the fact that hes using bog standard Ubuntu rather than Arch or Gentoo is valid while others are largely personal preference.

Those monitors are probably for other people, its unlikely he works alone even if hes Googles most valuable employee. From what I know about how Google works internally hes probably got a team of 6 or so highly skilled people which he leads, and based on a lot of research done by the likes of Microsoft and Google its the most effective to have teams work together in the same room.

Also this.

Attached: Linuxtattoo.jpg (465x349, 117.04K)

faggotry like this should not even be possible
he's not even celebrating linux anymore
that's just the COEXIST tattoo

start writing good code and stop worrying about everything else should be like a motto

He has probably a 6k 30" display, though. Nice ratio, but still meme tier.

Nice one brainlet

That's not a new monitor. Its an HP ZR22W, that "box" could be literally anything

It's like pottery

This man is the most important person who ever lived. He is literally the Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father.

Through Him all things were made.

For us and our salvation, He came down from Heaven.

By the power of the Holy Spirit, He was made man.

For our sake He suffered under Pontius Pilate, died, and was buried.

On the third day He rose again, He ascended into Heaven, and is seated at the right hand of the Father.

He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, and His kingdom shall have no end.

So quit falling for fucking memes and quit craving all the latest bullshit that gets posted on here in these cancerous consumerist "generals" threads. Mark my words, and this is coming from a professional: there's nothing more pathetic than consumers who think having multi-monitor setups makes them productive.

Attached: Savior.jpeg (531x710, 307.19K)

utnudu

JUST

Two cups of coffee. He's a junkie.

More like Poettery

Does it help your wrists?

If i had more money id be buying a bunch of consumerist toys too.
But i cant code. Kek.

I'm sure he cries himself to sleep on his pile of money knowing that some weeb thinks he's btfo.

Attached: Some weeb.jpg (599x375, 50.97K)

Weebs respect one another even if they're trannies, rich, poor, etc. You'd be surprised but it's possible if he's a closet weeb he'd actually be pretty butthurt if a fellow weeb thinks he's btfo.

I agree we should consider electing this man as the new Terry
wavy keyboards are an old meme tho

cuck

Shit bait thread.
not saging because im a (you)s whore

m-m-m-my m-m-m-m-man!
Which CAD: chinkest Altium or paywalled Allegro?

Where do I get my chastity cage from OP? What brand does he use?

continue christposting

user... Jesus is a meme

EAGLE, its what I learned on and I have never bothered to switch even though I have done HDI and >12Gbit designs.

Low quality threads belong in >>>/g/

This. Thank you for your post.

Attached: into the trash it goes.jpg (600x600, 65.45K)

Attached: bird-wide.png (620x372, 331.15K)