Windows 10 update automatically deleting some users' documents

theverge.com/2018/10/5/17940902/microsoft-windows-10-october-2018-update-deleting-documents-issues

reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/9l128k/warning_1809_upgrade_misplaceddeleted_files_in/

Twenty-four hours ago I was debating switching my main photo editing machine back to Windows 10. "I'll just use it for ACDSee and Affinity Photo, just editing, Windows 10 really isn't that bad," I told myself. I decided to wait, have lunch, and think things through before I did anything. "Nah, I'll give Digikam an honest try for a few weeks to see what I think about it."

Then this morning... boom. Dear Microsoft, thanks for validating my decision to stick with Linux. When I heard about the new 1809 update a few days ago, my first thought was "What did they break this time?" Congrats, you went above and beyond all expectations. You fucktards. You just can't help yourselves. Every major update, you accomplish some sort of truly epic fuckup. You're so predictable.

Attached: groundhog_day.jpg (2566x1544, 780.04K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/QMSYQ
archive.is/T1XC8
web.archive.org/web/20181006124817/https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/4464619/windows-10-update-history
archive.fo/V6AyO
zdnet.com/article/microsoft-pulls-windows-10-october-update-version-1809/
youtube.com/watch?v=L3arrALdYcU
youtube.com/watch?v=eCXc9FLolL8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Aaaaaand I'm officially done with Wangblows. Installing Haiku this evening.

TEN THOUSAND KEKS!
This is the punishment for those who uses the botnet.

Install gentoo.

I bet this was done on purpose.

Maybe Windows is trying to drive normies to linux so that they can pozz linux. Checkmate linux.

YOUR FILES WOULD HAVE BEEN SAFE IN THE CLOUD, GOY

Getting ready to read headlines for Microsoft/Linux

I have a windows machine and you can turn off updates in the group policy editor. Windows can't even break through it.

>(((Correcting))) files...

Attached: Constanza weeb version.jpg (894x894, 368.45K)

‌  ∧_∧      ⊂(・ω・`)つ-、   ///  /_/ /   ||⊂ヽノ||/」  / ̄ ̄旦 ̄ ̄ ̄//______/||||-----------||

This is probable.
Normies should install gentoo.

kek
Maybe we should thank Microsoft in this specific case of shittiness,

Attached: 2018-10-05_14-47-42.png (643x767 199.86 KB, 84.47K)

How is this a surprise? They announced a month ago that Windows would automatically delete local files to save disk space because OneDrive®. They fired their QA team years ago. The dots are easy to connect.

Anyone blindsided by this is probably ate too much paste in Computer Foundations.

THIS IS THE FUTURE YOU CHOSE

Attached: 501fdfa86cbd51e386c7ce3ee8edd02593d302be5b3bb244649ed21795559cd0-tech.jpg (662x442, 86.97K)

Can't people sue Microsoft over this?

Imagine how much personally commissioned, uncirculated diaperfur smut got wiped from existence owing to some Pajeet's incompetence.

6 months ago windows 10 "helpfully" completely fucked grub in an update. that was the signal to get rid of it.

Worrying trend of hidden disk-cleanup services. Oh, you haven't opened these files in the past 6 months? We'll just delete those for you so you can have more disk space!

And thank god for that.

Attached: 6c79347c7ee976bcf8696d65bb5a808ff51eebe16894c320788a7a5e5c60ed2a-v.png (700x900, 280.58K)

MS is saying that automatic cloud storage will become part of Windows soon, so they can delete those files from your hard drive and cloud account in one smooth motion.

I thought there was some kind of incredibly convoluted method you could disable the updates with?

Hahahahahaha. It's called unplug the Internet nigga.

WTF. This is a classic snatch & grab maneuver. It's the same way they stole everyone's gold dollar coins and replaced them with worthless paper that gets devalued over time. Probably Microsoft also will expect people to start paying monthly fees for this "cloud service" after everyone has their data captured in it. You don't own nothing, goy!

Attached: hh02.ans.png (640x400, 4.81K)

It's even worse than you think. Intel and MS are teaming up to put 5G modems into your future CPUs, along with a small flash drive only. The entire platform will be running off the cloud, with the baseband firmware handling the access to the remote filesystem and merely caching results to the local store. It's Chromebooks on steroids.

You seem to be implying that the windows operating system and files stored on the aforementioned system are your property. They aren't, you'e renting your Operating system and Microsoft reserves the right to brick your entire system without warning or reason.

Windows users should count their lucky stars for every second of uninterrupted use they get out of their system because they are entitled to none of it

Formatting a HDD isn't that convoluted tbh

Stockholm Syndrome.

Strangely one of the only group policies that seems to actually work

Ah, yes, the famous all-solving group policy editor that effectively costs US$99 for most people to use because it doesn't come with Home edition, requiring a paid upgrade to Pro.

A simpler solution is to stop using Windows entirely. It's time to just rip that bandaid off, folks.

That pile of junk was doing it since first version. "Don't keep documents on drive C:" rule is there for a reason.

BUT user HOW CAN YOU EXPECT ME TO HAVE MULTIPLE DRIVES I MEAN THIS IS THE CURRENT YEAR I NEED EVERYTHING ON ONE DRIVE BECAUSE MY COMPUTER HAS TO BE THE SIZE OF A TOASTER OVEN
the real solution is to not use windows
and if you must use windows use it in a vm
and if you can't use it on a vm use it only on a laptop

Drivelets, when will they learn?

Yep this all checks out, he's definitely a loyal windows user

Attached: goyim.png (881x692, 134.44K)

wew thank god i was using double botnet or i would really be screwed!

Attached: botnet_fixes_botnet.png (893x231, 24.11K)

Attached: rms.jpg (3504x2336, 486.77K)

Attached: 75v.png (861x694, 35.6K)

If you use Windows 10 Home, switch to Windows server database edition
In the meantime download the Sysinternals suite
run
PsExec.exe -i -s -d cmd.exe
use the system prompt to run services.msc
disable the task scheduler
done no update shit
The only thing they give you these days anyway is some new fucking metro tile for retards to click on after a complete reinstall of the system.

What a bunch of fucking morons.

Ballmer OS will probably be the last Microsoft OS I will use. Still won't use any Unix derivatives, because I don't have a server or an ancient mainframe, just a bunch of personal computers. Windows getting pajeeted really makes the market vacuum felt though, there's just no options anymore like there used to be. You can't just get an Amiga or an Acorn or a ZX Spectrum instead, you can only trade down for worse alternatives, at least in terms of real world usability.

Attached: microosft-ceo-steve-ballmer-12.jpg (782x521, 71K)

archive.is/QMSYQ
archive.is/T1XC8

They were notified of this happening at least 3 months ago. They pulled the update from their catalog only now. Pajeet at its finest.

Attached: Untitled(1).jpg (1234x892 151.27 KB, 155.17K)

web.archive.org/web/20181006124817/https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/4464619/windows-10-update-history

Screencapanon can you please use archive links from now on?

Attached: serveimage (1).png (800x764, 218.86K)

I got those pics from a twatter feed. archive: archive.fo/V6AyO
The feedback posts are only accessible through Shitdows 10's 'feedback hub app', so I don't think it's possible to archive them directly.
The updates being pulled happened last week according to ZDNet: zdnet.com/article/microsoft-pulls-windows-10-october-update-version-1809/

Even those furfucks deserve a working PC. Fighting this bullshit gives us strange bedfellows. Good opportunity to spread linux, too.

THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF PAJEETDOWS

I like where you're escalating this, user. Rawr! Hang on to my fur daddyo!
Equally good opportunity to help out ReactOS developers with a new logo.

forgot pics.

Attached: ClipboardImage(1).jpg (640x957 254.38 KB, 158.75K)

There must be a "micr$shit is not responsible for any harms yada yada product as is" in the terms and conditions

Attached: 1537946463.png (301x300, 161.11K)

it wouldn't have mattered if the update caused people's computers to burst into flames and killed 1000 children; it would not stop people from using windows.

microsoft knows this. this does not create quality. there's no competition except apple and apple only works on apple hardware, it's not really competition, and the npc won't ever switch to linux.

Pacta sund servandas has its limits. Maintaining files in the system is an essential part of the product, which means that the company can not excuse itself of providing the minimum service offered.
It’s the same thing as you contracting a parking lot in order to protect your vehicle and goods, but the company saying that they are no responsible for the goods inside the vehicle.

Linux is already pozzed and it doesn't have the same utility as Windows anyway. Where we are going there will be no worthwhile operating systems.

Attached: kaczynski.webm (752x422, 1.08M)

There will in fact be better operating systems.
youtube.com/watch?v=L3arrALdYcU
youtube.com/watch?v=eCXc9FLolL8

What do you expect from a company that can't even fix a typo in seven months.

Attached: mew.PNG (618x96, 16.79K)

This man deserves to be demonized and must be eliminated from Microsoft's payroll. He is a CIA plant and a clown and needs a full anal exam. Microsoft has been up to nothing but political mischief against its own customers since he was made CEO. He is pure evil.

Attached: satyanadella.jpg (2048x1280, 467.53K)

Implying they didin't fuck up some "open source" projects and that they aren't part of the people behind cocs penetration.

Microsoft has withdrawn its latest update

THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING MICRO BROS!!!

I love Microsoft now

I wonder if this will have an effect on the LTSC release. Will they release an 2019-fixed version or a service pack or are we stuck with things as they are?

We need a slogan similar to
but for ever daring to let pajeets manage and execute your company's software development.
I also would laugh louder at the MS faggots but with the latest Linux cucking that is going on I am concerned. What are our damn options? I already keep some older Linux ISOs just in case that they fuck their shit up completely. Do I need to look into BSDs?

also this

♪Wish we could turn back time♫

♫To the good old days♪

♪When pajeets didn't shit on the code♪

Attached: 1-122318808-microsoft-386135c-1391536900617.jpg (620x413, 65.3K)

Your short-term options are: Devuan, Slackware, or Gentoo with kernel 4.18 or earlier.
Your long-term options are: DragonflyBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD. Or if you're into more alternative stuff: FreeDOS, Haiku, RISC OS, AROS.
Of course, you can also have an offline Windows 7 or XP computer for games.

Attached: end of Linux.png (862x841, 187.34K)

most likely
they already injected linus with tranny-aids

delet this please

how about

sucks tbh

Attached: soon.jpg (1024x1365, 35.55K)

The fork made by incompetent retards that can't even keep the installer instructions somewhat up to date?

I don't know, the last Windows I had installed on a physical computer was XP and I removed it in 2005.

Works great for me, also no systemd or other nigger ass Poetteringisms.

He's an East German spy you know.

sudo apt-get install AIDS
sudo apt-get install transition any%

Thanks Microsoft for indirectly proving our point about Code of Conducts.

so this is hell

older build (1709), heavily modified, with updates integrated at the ISO level is working for me

The last time I use Windows was when I was luring pedos to my kill house, I had to be very careful to make sure that I looked like the average little girl and if I was using Linux they would know that it was a fake because little girls don't use Linux.

Attached: 9f8717a8f68b174bf4e95aa86ae66631a2abb9fb499315cff07f3d691227ced4.jpg (535x650 165.88 KB, 88.81K)

I stand by my statement, those aren't little girls.

You're right. Lain is a god.

Attached: 2379bf1ca7fed36317d7ad37d8e923bdc867a0900f458ea54e4a07f2778d3db4.png (735x914, 22.82K)

Attached: it's just a drawing.webm (102x192, 89.74K)

Nah. They are iOS or Android.

Attached: image.jpg (620x330, 47.29K)

>wanting to get fucked by forced automatic (((updates)))
>wanting to get fucked by pajeet ransomware when updates are somehow disabled

Attached: dont do that.jpg (151x255, 9.48K)

Win Server Database Edition uses 600MB. jfyi
>automatic (((updates)))
All non issues for Win Server.
You can fix most garbage by disabling the task scheduler which does all the telemetry and update scheduling too.
do them manually when you have time for them
NTFS also doesn't have that problem, just like ext4 or 3
Modern OSs use disk fragmentation. They spread the files cleverly so you have less file fragmentation. You can also defrag your ext but just like defragmentating NTFS it's not actually needed
Task scheduler does that shit in background but you can also do it manually while you're doing something else that doesn't use the hard drive heavily.
put a sticker on it

There are valid reasons to run GNU/Linux but you don't have to force it on everyone and invent reasons like the filesystem.

*can fix most garbage in the Non-Server

Here are valid reasons:
* You can run it on PowerPC, the most advanced architecture.
* You can download them legally.
* It uses less resources by default.
* It doesn't spy on you.
* You can theme it without the risk of bricking it.
* You can run Windows shit through a VM with GPU passthrough or wine. Wine even supports DX 11 and I think 12 too
* It has a proper terminal unlike CMD which is kinda like DOS-commands for Windows.
I'm sure you can think of many more

Typical pretentious 12 year old fanboy shitter who uses epic green-on-black hacker themes on their software and posts Lain just because it's edgy and underground, but never actually watched the anime.

Attached: Lain.jpg (1512x1072, 343.89K)

Attached: upg.jpg (1512x1072, 364.31K)

Attached: windows 10.jpg (482x424, 82.87K)

If you watch the anime you'll find out she's tripping balls on the same OS all the way until transcending such things.

The operating system isn't even similar to Linux, it's a GUI-based OS that uses primarily mouse/voice input rather than command line and keyboard.

Attached: capture1.jpg (1512x1072 222.23 KB, 177.46K)

Windows 10-tan is so yandere and scary.

Attached: 1446557040542.png (671x1280 80.35 KB, 394.25K)

That's not how it works, consider running less sketchy (((optimizers))) next time.
>wanting to get fucked by forced automatic (((updates)))
So you complain if you get security updates, and complain if you don't.
I guess the only solution is closing CVEs as NOT A BUG and hoping nobody targets the three users running your specific flavor of autism.
Fake, also not having your OS on an SSD is just shortsighted.