Blazechan 0.13.0: To The Stars

Blazechan
The blazing fast imageboard

Version 0.13.0-b1: To The Stars Update, Beta 1

NEW: Frontend and backend have been separated from Blazechan and are not replacable. The documentation for the interfaces will come before the 0.13.0 release. We are getting closer and closer to a 1.0 release. CHANGE: The folder layout has been modified a bit. Shell scripts are now in bin/ and config examples are in etc/. NEW: The config file is now in JSON format and resides in config.json in the root directory. The names are pretty much analogous from the .env file, so migration will be easy. The new configuration file also gives you the option to change your database backend. CHANGE: install.sh should now be fully working, and as more operating systems are tested with Blazechan, more systems will be supported. If your system is not supported, you can skip the check with --disable-packages at the moment. CHANGE: Blazechan now doesn't directly depend on Node.js to work, but the default frontend does. If you install a frontend without it, you should not need node.js at all. CHANGE: The API for Blazechan has been tidied up a bit. A major API refactor is also coming soon, which will make the API reflect more of the functionality of the main site. BROKEN: Moderation is currently broken. It will be fixed before the final release. BROKEN: Likewise, extensions are broken. This is because the frontend/backend separation changed both the APIs and the paths of a lot of functionality. BROKEN: Some of the panel still doesn't work. See above.

It is finally here. After long last, the engine is fractured but whole. In the coming weeks, I will be slowly fixing the remaining issues, adding in the missing features, and make this imageboard software the greatest among all. I was burnt out for a while in general, couldn't work on any code (went to work like a zombie), now I got out of my burn-out and am back to making imageboards great again.
And yes, the frontend got a rework.

Live testing instance (0.12.0): nextchan.org/
Main engine: git.m712.xyz/Blazechan/Blazechan/
Default frontend: git.m712.xyz/Blazechan/frontend-default/
Default backend: git.m712.xyz/Blazechan/backend-postgresql/

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1920x1080 192.87 KB, 2.39M)

Other urls found in this thread:

dev.nextchan.org/
dev.nextchan.org/test/thread/3/.
dev.nextchan.org/*/
youtu.be/Ttc5AXUOcFQ?t=2
0x0.st/sEv2.txt
0x0.st/sEvL.txt
learnbchs.org/
thread/3
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Do you still host a beta instance for the newer releases?

dev was shut down but will be brought back up. I'll be moving Nextchan to a new server once 0.13.0 releases.

Lynxchan is better

Fuck off fag.

You won't believe how things will look

can you explain the reason the internet page collection you manage has a sort of vacuum force to it?

Only you seem to be experiencing it. Maybe the issue is on your end?

Network latency will render moot any performance gains from using C.

i too experience a degree of suckage, can you please fix this in the next release

LMAO.

Servers interact with thousands of people at the same time, and spend a lot of effort compiling html documents and accessing databases.

Blazechan has a hybrid document/application cache which relies on Redis to store documents based on the user. It's not as fast as a dedicated document cache like Varnish, but it still will not generate a page per request.

Take two:
It stores documents and serves you a static page with some non-static elements based on your login status via ESI.

Wouldn't meguca make for a good base?

The owner is a google loving chrome using cuckchanning hipster faggot.

so i installed this
blazechan on my home server
and man, does it suck

a haiku by me

stay mad metafag~

Because Meguca does not have good features

What is the problem? Did the installer fail or something? I can help you if you're having trouble.

First of all,
Second, the liveposting kills any involved discussion and devolves it into IRC tier one-line replies.

Should have coded it in Rust.

I'm not a homo.

I see Zig Forums has been overrun by nodevs

Updates today:

Blazechan Core
frontend-default:
backend-postgresql:

It is only used for transpiling assets from ES6 into ES5 and from SCSS into CSS. It also bundles the dependencies in a pain-free way.

Also note, only the default frontend requires Node.js. If a frontend that doesn't need it is written, then you won't need Node.js at all.

Updates today:

Blazechan Core
frontend-default
backend-postgresql
>Added hash and eq for using in sets and for checking equality

We're getting closer and closer to a -b2 release. Only the global moderation actions do not work at the moment. I will be fixing them (hopefully today) and releasing v0.13.0-b2.
The roadmap is as follows:
I am also planning to completely revamp the Javascript of frontend-default to make it more stable and add features a lot of people wanted.
I will be creating dev.nextchan.org/ again today to test the beta. I'll post here when it's online. It will be on NeXTCHAN's future server (when 0.13.0 is done) which is a higher-end server hosted on DigitalOcean.

dev.nextchan.org/ is now live. You can put things you find broken in dev.nextchan.org/test/thread/3/.

Attached: amen.png (160x50, 10.08K)

Insta-crash on dev.nextchan.org/*/

Why would they complain about node?

I'm not having an issue. When a crash occurs please click "switch to copy-paste mode" (located in mid-to-bottom of page) and copy the contents into a post in the thread.

I seem to encounter this issue trying to open it, plz help
youtu.be/Ttc5AXUOcFQ?t=2

I started rewriting the frontend JS to make it more robust and add long-yearned-for features. It should be done tomorrow or in the weekend, I'll leverage a lot of code from the current JS.

Is op a masochist? Does he know where he is?

BRB, writing an imageboard in C.

Wut?

alright.

I'll post the copypaste if you'd like.

Attached: 674eb746e0b5fc1248895d29551765ba57a96b11159a191a9f008632026556f2.gif (266x355, 143.63K)

That would be awesome.

(nice numbers)
From trying to goto catalog 0x0.st/sEv2.txt
From trying to post image 0x0.st/sEvL.txt

Already known, fix soon.
It seems like not all images are allowed to be used as transparency masks, such as GIF. I use the image's alpha channel as a transparency mask when JPEG thumbnailing is enabled before overlaying it to the post background color canvas. I'll try to find a solution to this.

Searching around for this tells me that all images used for the mask need to be RGBA, even though PIL's documentation says it's converted. Perhaps it only automatically converts the pasted image itself and croaks with mask images of different type?

I actually wrote an HTTP server in C because I was bored (HTTP/1.1 parser and everything).

A http server is very far from an actual website with dynamic content, let alone a social media one

learnbchs.org/

why does your website suck

create an anti-spam extension
please
i beg you

Then you write a fastcgi module, not really hard either.

I will integrate StopForumSpam.

Over the weekend I had some stuff I had to tend to, but I still tried to refactor the frontend JS for Blazechan as much as I can. Thread updates are now working. AJAX posting will be done soon, but probably not tomorrow as I will be very busy. I will be pushing the current changes over to the repo, but it doesn't work fully yet. I'll squash the commits once it's fully done.

Forgot to attach. A new module system has been established. The JS settings modal is now auto-generated on the fly meaning NoJS users won't have it in the page html anymore. I'm working towards cleaning up old cruft and bringing in features that people have requested.>>989668

Attached: 2018-10-22-151524_1366x768_scrot.png (1366x768 79.92 KB, 89.71K)

>thread/3

Attached: .jpg (640x480, 30.44K)

Why don't you do it then?

It's fixed in upstream but not yet uploaded to dev.nextchan, let me do that right now.

Huh, I thought it was fixed but git says all is up to date. Let me see.

Latest updates:
document.addEventListener("new-post", e => { const post = e.post; post.name = "Something"; // ...}, false);
I'm currently bringing back image expansion.

Updates today:
Blazechan Core
frontend-default
backend-postgresql

Bumparooooo!

ISHYGDDT

Shad yes

write the imageboard in VHDL or verilog and maybe this thread will become more interesting and less trash. I want real speed. not your scripting language trash speed

For what purpose? Things would get complicated really quickly. You basically have to create your own NIC, your own IP stack, your own SATA controller, web server, image manipulating tools to generate thumbnails, which means implementing PNG, JPEG, GIF and other decoders/encoders... Sure you can use IP cores but in the end you're still designing hardware not software. It's like creating imageboard with 74xx series ICs only instead of schematic you're using a circuit description language.

Will posting work in w3m?

It had better.

bump
where are you m712

How do you want me to take you serious when the first thing you tell me about your software is a straight up lie?

Remember that lynxfags will always btfo

Rewrite it in erlang