Japan cybersecurity minister admits he has never used a computer

System error: Japan cybersecurity minister admits he has never used a computer

Yoshitaka Sakurada also seemed confused by the concept of a USB drive when asked in parliament

15 Nov 2018

“It’s unbelievable that someone who has not touched computers is responsible for cybersecurity policies,” said opposition lawmaker Masato Imai.

And his comments provoked a firestorm online.

“Doesn’t he feel ashamed?” wrote one Twitter user.

“Today any company president uses a PC. He doesn’t even know what a USB is. Holy cow.”

Another joked that perhaps Sakurada was simply engaged in his own kind of cybersecurity.

“If a hacker targets this Minister Sakurada, they wouldn’t be able to steal any information. Indeed it might be the strongest kind of security!”

theguardian.com/world/2018/nov/15/japan-cyber-security-ministernever-used-computer-yoshitaka-sakurada

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seal_(East_Asia)#Japanese_usage
telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/10968604/The-NSA-can-hack-your-typewriter-just-as-easily-as-a-PC-but-it-probably-doesnt-need-to.html
rijmenants.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-gunman-project.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Doesn't the FSB use typewriters for some sensitive stuff? He may not help improve security but at least he won't suffer any embarrassing hacks.

Attached: unhackable.jpeg (522x450, 44.77K)

Considering how ingrained computers are with the modern world having A+ certification (or equivalent) should be mandatory for all government jobs.

LOL. That's a joke cert than only retards take seriously.

I don't blame him, using a computer is insecure by default.
You shouldn't keep important records on a computer, plain paper is the on true white man's way of keeping things clean.

Tell me why this based man isn't the pinnacle of computer security.

I love how the nips still use physical media--I hope to be born Nippon (hai) in my next life.

All of this

I've heard they are also obsessed with Fax machines and have no intention of phasing them out, with an attitude of "they work, so why switch?"

He probably has a Sharp X1 or other old computer hidden away for muh games, but doesn't want to talk about it for obvious reasons.

Attached: 327847-the-castle-msx-back-cover.jpg (800x1135, 177.02K)

The elderly in positions of power is a huge issue in all countries as most people in high government or judicial positions that are usually lifelong appointments know nothing about computing or modern technology. In 2010 a US supreme court justice retired when he was 90 years old and one of them aged 85 almost died recently by falling down.

Looking up countries with the lowest median age all of the lordships on their supreme court were born in the 50's for Niger and it's the same thing for Uganda. I don't expect to see this issue dealt with within my lifetime as lifespans become even longer.

That has more to do with their use of personal seals, it's a tradition that dates back thousands of years and they have no intention of giving it up any time soon.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seal_(East_Asia)#Japanese_usage

Attached: supremecourtin2115.png (720x418, 549.22K)

Unironically incredibly based

telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/10968604/The-NSA-can-hack-your-typewriter-just-as-easily-as-a-PC-but-it-probably-doesnt-need-to.html
rijmenants.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-gunman-project.html

Probably the best idea until we got rid of x86 and javascript once and for all, tbh.

this
Japan cybersecurity minister has defeated all botnet and is impossible to hack or datamine.

Attached: xray_pos.jpg (410x306 1.45 MB, 19K)

Japanese ministers get appointed by how they are close or helpful to a prime minister, not by how they are experts in the areas.

Javascript is easy to fix: disable all Javascript.

Because of the computer part. There's no merit in not being hacked if you don't use a computer.

So the pinnacle of computer security is to stop having computers? That's like banning all cars to stop all car accidents.

Well, it would work. Honestly "smart" devices and PC connectivity is out of hand and it creates a very unsecure environment. Best thing is to either unplug or to not use computers at all.

You don't have to go that far. Nobody ever hacked my 8-bit computer that never had a modem attached. Ditto with my 486 that ran DOS and a serial terminal program for conneting to dialup BBS and my ISP. But later that same 486 did get hacked when I installed Slackware and setup SLIP, and had default services like ftpd running. That was back when security was an afterthought, when telnet and rsh were common, before buffer overflows were well known.
So it really just comes down to how much exposure you have. There really isn't too much that can be done to a computer on the other side of a serial line that's only running a terminal program. Maybe you can trick the user to download a trojan, if you're lucky. But what if he's only using that computer to access the Internet and never runs new software on it? (let's say he copies downloaded stuff to floppy disk or whatever and runs it on a different, non-networked computer). OTOH, with a TCP/IP stack and big, bloated OS that's running lots of buggy software (including web browsers with javascript that run whatever comes down the socket), and probably has one of the modern botnet chips, you've got a lot more to work with.

What language is all the software on your computer written in?
Protip: it starts with a C

Uncle Ted is proud. The Jap is based and red pilled.

Attached: Unabomber-sketch.png (247x329, 59.25K)

That story reminded me about E. W. Dijkstra who invented a lot of important CS things but was not into PCs.

Clojure?

What a retarded conclusion. I can play this game too.
And of course Japan's health minister, Takumi Nemoto, isn't a doctor. Who would have thought! I don't see anyone complaining about that. It's fucking stupid to believe that dragging some files to an USB drive will help you understand vulnerabilities in your nation's IT infrastructure. That's why you hire experts to asses the situation. Ministers job is to get in contact with the right people and to manage resources he has at his disposal. None of that requires any knowledge about computers. It would be a mistake to assign a cyber security turbo autist to this position.

You can write a terminal program in pretty much any language you want. They're quite simple.

Let me rephrase: Until half the websites don't stop working without JS

doctors are kikes the fewer the better

Hey /tv/

Terrible analogy. A better analogy would be having someone like who doesn't use hospitals, doctors, or medicine as minister of health.

Attached: a6551f0b6da40dc4f276a217344a55af--amish-man-amish-country.jpg (540x387, 108.68K)

Those websites are designed to be defective. The answer is to stop visiting those websites.

No it shouldn't. Relying on computers leaves you with huge security problems you other wise wouldn't have. If something doesn't NEED a computer than it shouldn't be on one.

The people in charge are old because with age comes wisdom. You don't want a snotty kid who knows Linux in positions of power. You want someone older with some skin in the game.

Most of the cia don't know how to use computers either, they just run hack.exe that someone else gave them.
Does knowing how to push a button really make you an expert on pushing buttons?

Attached: 1542374610.gif (371x209, 1.09M)

Knowing what a button is certainly helps, yes.

There's a certain limit to how out of touch the recruitment pool for a job can be, even if it is just high level decisionmaking.

Attached: CavemanHunting-1160x683.jpg (1160x683, 260.45K)

The irony is that said user could be extremely healthy and the pinnacle of health. So using him as health minister for never needing doctors/hospitals/big pharma would be correct as he could give you tips on staying healthy without any of those people/kikes.

Japs have been irrelevant for decades, who cares.

A health minister doesn't need to know how to perform a surgery.

A cybersecurity minister also doesn't need to know how to do computer programming.

Also a person who has never used a computer doesn't fit to a cybersecurity minister.

Skip to network+

These niggers just don't know the gap between consumer trash and goobermint

probably doing it so no one suspects him of his 40TB CP collection

Based Japanese man protecting himself from that crap and using PS/2 instead. Terry would be proud.