ITT: "Joke" villains who could probably kick the hero's ass

ITT: "Joke" villains who could probably kick the hero's ass.

Attached: Swarm.png (340x519, 215.34K)

He really shouldn't lose at the street-level.

Attached: ezgif-7-9d9a2b857c49.png (360x450, 234.83K)

Also, Hydro Man.

Attached: 22doctor_psycho___dc_universe_online.jpg (600x337, 32.37K)

So that’s why he’s on the harley quinn show

Has he raped WW yet?

doesn't he fight Hulk and the Fantastic 4?

Always thought this nigga was cool as fuck

Pretty sure neither of these are joke villains.

Not a joke villain either.

>hydro man
>not a joke

Hydro man and sandman were created so spooderman can show his science skills to the readers

>Science skills
Didn't he defeat Sandman with a vacuum cleaner

How is Swarm a joke?
Neither Sandman or Hydro-Man are joke villains you dumbasses. Furthermore, losing to Spider-Man isn't something to be ashamed of. He's a heavy hitter who chooses to be street level.

Lookit the size of them mits

Attached: Paste Pot Pete and his giant hands.jpg (236x427, 26.09K)

I liked Swarm in this Ant-Man comic. In which comics he has a prominent appearance?

Attached: Ants vs Bees.jpg (1988x3056, 1.67M)

SCIENCE

He’s a “Joke” villain most of the time but it’s commonly understood that he can beat up Superman any day of the week.

Attached: C8DEF0F3-B19D-4A2B-A458-C42615EE5BCA.jpg (340x437, 53.1K)

Attached: herman.jpg (382x678, 44.13K)

I think its more his concept is just so goofy (nazi bees?) that hes not given a gravitas that he could be capable of

I remember Swarm being *terrifying* as a kid.

Sure, there isn't much this villain is going to do against someone like Iron Man or Thor, but for heroes like Spidey he is potentially deadly.

Maybe a bit of zeigtgeist at the time, in the 70s there was a fear that killer bees were going to swarm up north america, a concern that never seemed to materialize.

He'd be a great villian in a future MCU movie if he's going to be in antman 3

>the vast majority of bees are female
>Swarm uses male pronouns
>Swarm is marvel's first trans character
>Swarm is marvel's first trans villain
>Swarm is a transgendered bee nazi.

Egghead. This son of bitch was quite close to destroy Hank Pym morally and ruin his life forever. Also he killed Hawkeye's brother. He was Pym's archenemy, but then he died and everybody forgot about him, so people remembers only Ultron as main Antman's villian.

Attached: Elihas_Starr_%28Earth-616%29_from_Ant-Man_Annual_Vol_1_1_001.jpg (360x450, 43.97K)

They're not "Nazi Bees", he's a ex-Nazi scientist that got consumed by irradiated bees and his consciousness was embedded in the swarm itself.

Attached: Swarm Redesign.jpg (671x1000, 133.72K)

Remember when he tried to get everyone addicted to smoking?

hes a nazi made out of bees.
the shit is a goofy fucking premise.

How do you deal with dirt?

How is that any different than most of the other shit running around? Bees are fucking terrifying

The Worm serial novel proved that powers related to controlling large numbers of insects is absolutely overpowered and can beat most people if used properly.

Bees are cute you pussy.

It's wasps that are terrifying.

One of the coolest villains and simultaneously one of the dumbest premises.

Didn't most of these just become joke supervillains later on when old 60s villains were considered lame and dumb next to the super edgy extreme ones of the 90s?

>but for heroes like Spidey he is potentially deadly.
I used to have a jpg of a can of raid, but I can't find it and I'm too lazy to google it, so use your imagination.

You know, Mxy really doesn't get used nearly as much as he should. The great thing about Mxy is that he's as flexible as Superman or Bizarro (and sometimes Lex). He's mischievous by nature but really more of a cheeky asshole who's just out looking for a good time by fucking with Superman. He can be more of a trickster who's ultimately harmless or he can be more antagonistic as well. I can get why he's not really used that much but he's fucking great.

Still want him in an actual Superman movie.

Never saw the appeal in him. There are just so many hypnotic villains that are more interesting.

What if every villain Superman's ever fought was just Mr. Mxyzptlk pretending to be someone else?

Combination of a petty mind and pathetic body with massive superpowers powers. He's doomed to look pathetic no matter how powerful he is.

He's a creepy, angry, vilely misogynistic sadist with a huge mean streak who still manages to be sympathetic, what with being born with dwarfism and also having really bad experiences with women that weren't even completely his fault.

That sounds like a fun non-canon kind of thing.

I like this kind of shit.

Like the version of Batman where all of his "villains" are actually Alfred and his old friends giving him something to live for.

>Bees are cute
Go live in Arizona or something and come back after you've experienced Africanized Bees first hand

Africanized Bees just want you to stay off their property. That their property is everywhere; is irrelevant.

He fought the Hulk twice, I believe, but he doesn't anymore.

The Rhino is the only Spidey villain Ballsy/Dumb enough to keep fighting the Hulk.

That's because Rhino is a gamma mutate too.

Why does Africa have to ruin everything?

no, but he called her a cunt

Maybe.
I remember that he completly BTFO Abrobing Man once, using different chemicals products so he wouls explose

Rhino is dumb, but he is a good guy

Technically this was Brazil's fault. Years ago, back in the 50s or 60s I think, the Brazilian government hired a scientist to breed a "super bee" capable of producing a higher honey content and be more resilient to their ecosystem. The scientist traveled to Africa, and collected a few live Killer Bee specimens so he could breed his own bee back home. The difference between your average honey bee and a Africanized bee is virtually indistinguishable from appearance. The only real difference between the two is that the Africanized bee is more aggressive, and has a shorter incubation rate meaning they can create more bees faster than the honey bee. So this guy returns home to Brazil, has special bee hives to ensure the queens can't fly out since they're bigger than the drones, and begins breeding. Unfortunately he hires a dumbass who isn't aware of the special vents, takes them off, and all the queens escape. Since then, Africanized bees have been an invasive species to both South and North America

Attached: Swarm1.jpg (336x450, 43.53K)

Brazil is the Africa of the New World, so it amounts to the same.

That's fair. Fuck Brazil. It's a shithole with ugly painted buildings filled with crime. Also they're obsessed with soccer.

He's surprisingly powerful, just not particularly ambitious nor bright.

Attached: Roy proud.jpg (496x906, 69.73K)

That would be a fun excuse for some of the goofier ones like Terra Man, Titano, Blackrock, and a lot of the 60s era oneshot villains.

And ass. We're obsessed with ass too.

Makes you wonder why Rainbow Raider never fought a Green Lantern

Swarm is just a skeleton isn’t he?

He actually did, but that was long before the emotional spectrum concept. He was dead by the time Johns had thought up that idea...and had been killed off by Johns himself. It was a waste.

>nigger bees
well no shit sherlock

Attached: Spiderman+vores+sandman_9bef09_7019701.jpg (1200x1865, 515.11K)

He is literally a mental midget.

Swarm would be more frightening if he was compose of mosquitoes or wasps.

I always see this panel posted around, and I gotta wonder the context of it
what what if is this from?

Sandman gave Spider-man an enema that he will never forget.

Marvel Zombies.
Infected Spider-Zombie goes to a world where everything's normal, so he kills most of the sinister six and turns 'em into zombies, cept Sandman since he is sand is inedible.
In this panel, Flint is surprised by the REAL Spider-Man who was searching whoever was responsible for the mass murdering. Flint panicked, thought normal Parker was Zombie Parker so, he Andrew Dobsoned him.

oh that makes sense
so how does flint get killed

A lot of characters who clearly couldn't become zombies are swept under the rug. They are just assumed killed by the zombies. If you like graphic humor the series actually a good read. It's also just fun to think about and a lot of zombie tropes are picked apart and laughed at. Just read the main books though, the off shoots are really cringy and nonsensical. I mean not like Zombie Super Hero lol nonsensical, like bad writing to try to fit it into the main story nonsensical, all the while not being funny.

He doesnt since hes just sand. Zombie Spider-man uses his unique body to spread nanobots that eat rotting tissue, so he can get rid of every superhero zombie that is still left. Flint is the only one who survives Marvel Zombies-scenario intact, at least on the 2nd universe that gets infected.

I am pretty sure Rhodes in the Iron-man armor survived.

That's because Worm is written in such a way to make her overpowered. It's far less a clever applications of a seemingly useless superpower, it's that she always fights people who are either weak to her power or whose own powersets have easily exploitable weaknesses to her powerset. Also "controls insects" is a vast understatement as to what her power actually entails.

What also sets Dr. Psycho apart from other mindcontrol villains villains like Purple Man is that he's neither a hedonist type, nor does he actually care much about controlling people. He's just a sadistic asshole out to hurt everyone because he hates you.

Wished we had more badass J'onn instead of that pansy that is flying around calling himself J'onn.

Attached: j'onn is crazy.jpg (1988x3056, 1.53M)

reminder that most of the hype you've heard about killer bees is fake bs drummed up by the brazilian government because the scientist who made them was critical of the brazilian government and they wanted to delegitimize him. there have been like 10 killer bee deaths in america total

So he is a MGS villain?

Skitter has the advantage of controlling an incredibly large radius of bugs at no upper limit to quantity, Having multitasking as secondary superpower and living in universe where spider silk can do anything and everything. Swarm doesn't have the range, the variety, the spiders, the processing power or the bonus equipment skitter can use on top of being hive queen. If swarm attacks someone, he's losing body mass. If he groups together too much, the heat might kill himself. He can't use weapons and he can't hide somewhere whilst attacking with bees.

If skitter were to wonder into Joseph Goebbels Home for Aryan Orphans and just start swiss cheesing the place with her glock theres nothing swarm could do about it.

The idea that any villain who isn't an A-lister with movie appearances is a "joke" villain is just another sign that people who hate superheroes should not write superhero comics.

take the black manta route. kill a kid then everyone will take you seriously.

Tell that to Bendis

Manta was Aquaman's arch-foe even before they made him edgy, though. Ocean Master never really managed to secure that spot despite having the personal vendetta with Aquaman, probably because Manta had that sick-ass design.

But yes, killing Arthur Jr and being retconned into being a black dude were two things that helped cement Manta even more. Though there were several decades when he barely appeared and Peter David turned him into an actual manta-person for a bit.

Hydroman is absolutely a joke villain. At least for Sandman there's the excuse of sand only existing in specific places. Byt Hydroman can absorb THE THING THAT THE MAJORITY OF THE PLANET IS MADE OF! How the fuck is he stuck on street level?

why is Brainiac helping Superman lmao who wrote this shit

Shouldn't he be able to "blood bend" too?

This. I wish Egghead was used more, but his design is just too goofy it seems.

t. killer bee

Honestly, classic scientist/guy in suit Egghead design is best. All spandex and armor designs that he had were even worse. But if we talk not only about comics, "United they stand" is coolest.

Attached: Elihas_Starr_(Earth-730784)_from_The_Avengers_United_They_Stand_Season_1_10_0002.png (637x679, 642.74K)

God how I wish they'd let him be this cool more often.

Attached: 1128053-spt2.jpg (283x361, 26.43K)

>Still want him in an actual Superman movie.

Is it bad I want Adam Sandler to play him.

Honestly I'm surprised that even Braniac hasn't shown up in a live-action movie.

Yeah, a lot of capes that have powers that would just instakill Taylor she tries to avoid or they're not about to just murder her outright, giving her time to problem solve. Shit like the Mannequin fight would be lot different if he didn't spend time messing with her, therefore giving her time to get a strategy, but it's superhero fiction, it's just how it's written.
Give someone that doesn't have wildbow writing to prove a point about underestimating traditionally weak superpowers bug powers and it's not ridiculously overpowered.

Attached: Skitter_by_ariirf.jpg (480x768, 71.64K)

Swarm is based, Sandman is based and I love him teamed up with Silver Sable. Hydro man needs a powerup.

This run was great

Egghead works best as a mad scientist and we got him in the MCU as such and as the father of Ghost. He wasn’t inherently bad, would be cool to have him come back or be in a flashback.

this one, should show up more.

>A dastardly villain using bees for evil? This looks like a job for, DR. BEES!!!

Attached: Dr. Bees.jpg (1920x1080, 90.42K)

That's even worse. The look on her face was heartbreaking

Attached: wondercunt.png (1920x1090, 1.87M)

>Like the version of Batman where all of his "villains" are actually Alfred and his old friends giving him something to live for.
That's like that Simpsons episode where Mr Burns wants to be a superhero so Smithers pays people to act like villains

Attached: 316590_735x390.jpg (735x390, 44.01K)

John de Lancie would've been perfect like 20 years ago. Actually, he might still be perfect today.

Yeah, it's genuinely crazy. Like, Superman has a bunch of really iconic villains that have been everywhere, in every adaptation of the character BUT the movies. The movies are cursed, I tell ya.

Braniac only seems to be considered for movies that get cancelled. And Bizarro got screwed over by Nuclear Man.

That's a cool design.

So Swarm is a composite lifeloform that is made of many psychic carnivorous bees that assimilate the mind of what they eat. So if you separated an in development queen from replacing the current one and had it live a person, it would consume the victim from the inside and turn into a new Swarm?

Damn, I really miss this sorta shit. It feels like every villain you see nowadays are either tacticool edgelords or just evil versions of the main character. I really wish someone had the balls to come up with a fun idea for a villain without making them a complete fucking joke

Should she really be a hero? That's a crucial moment for any bad guy to push a button to a super death ray.

Shocker is fucking ace on a variety of levels. Even the Beetle acknowledges that he's a technical whiz when it comes to air shockwaves (not necessarily soundwaves). I mean, let's just run through his suits capabilities.
>The suit is composed of a large quilted fabric that is specifically designed to absorb the feedback of using his gauntlets. As a result he is surprisingly durable allowing him to tank blows from powerhouse heroes like Spider-Man with minimal difficulty. And this is without using the suits additional functions.
>The suit has an internal defense system that emits an area of effect shockwave. This can be constantly triggered which allows him to deflect all forms of physical attacks (bullets for instance). This shockwave can also be amped up and extended outward from his body meaning that he can clear himself from close combatants if necessary (like obliterating a swarm of zombies stupid enough to get in close).
>To emphasize the suits durability, he has repeatedly been tossed through walls, dropped from great stories, and tanked multiple blows from people stronger than him and still continued to fight on.
>On the topic of offensive weapons, his gauntlets are just as varied as his basic suit functions. They are capable of extremely powerful attacks at both close and long range. His punches are strong enough to shatter through concrete meaning he could straight up fuck someone up superpowered or not. He's also capable of firing multiple high intensity shockwave blasts from an incredible distance and be just as effective.\
>Lastly, if necessary he can aim his gauntlets at the ground and use them as a form of propulsion for navigating his environment (allowing for a form of flight assuming he times his shockwaves appropriately).

Attached: Thunderbolts 158-005.jpg (1988x3056, 2.12M)

Thats one way to summarize it.

The man is a walking natural disaster, and yet writers treat him like shit. Fucking Venom beat him up. VENOM!

How does that work? I feel like Hermann could have easily tweaked his gauntlets to fire at a frequency that would be like kryptonite to symbiotes.

Pretty cool moment during secret invasion when the hood was rounding up c-listers for his gang and he made sure to tell everyone to stay away from shocker, the dude takes on Spider-Man on a regular basis and isn't to be fucked with

Hasn't Shocker beaten Spidey a few times?

>How does that work?
Shitty writing. The only thing that was hurting Venom that issue was the diamonds vibrating from his vibroshock attacks

>Pretty cool moment during secret invasion when the hood was rounding up c-listers for his gang and he made sure to tell everyone to stay away from shocker,
I actually didn't know this. That's good shit. Despite how he's often portrayed, the villain community seems to understand that the dude built his first set of gauntlets in a prison workshop. That's a hell of an introduction and he only went on to tinker and design and most of all IMPROVE on his original design. I could be mistaken, but I'm not even sure if he NEEDS to use his hands to remote fire his gauntlets any more (I think he realized if his hands are out of commission he can't fire so he designed around that limitation). Dude is resourceful.

WHile he's not able to take down Hulk or other Hulk like figures, I think in terms of raw power he could drop most people in his weight class and certainly some others beyond it.

Attached: Thunderbolts 159-009.jpg (1988x3056, 1.92M)

Second image.

Fucking hell. Well that sucks. How did Venom even get close enough to grab him? Spider-Man almost knocked himself out when he tried to punch Shocker when he had his defenses activated.

Attached: Thunderbolts 159-010.jpg (1988x3056, 2.01M)

Fighting Venom is like fighting a Spider-Man who is also an amorphous monster with no conscience. Venom would kill a lot of street level characters.

Beyond foresight and actually hitting way harder than a spider of his size should how is Spider-man beyond street-level?

I miss that incarnation of the Thunderbolts.

What the fuck part of EARTHQUAKE TIER VIBRATIONS don’t you understand?

Better, he's the rival

Daredevil is street level
Moon Knight is street level
Spider-Man is a mid level super strength hero that can knock The Rhino on his ass If mad enough (a villain who’s fought Hulk).

Peter pulls his punches

C-lister Spiderman villain "The Spot" should really get a lot more respect... if only they hadn't given him that goofy name and costume, alas.

I will always have a soft spot for the fanfic "Polarity" for showing what Shocker could really do if treated with respect.

There's now a Swarmp ripoff made of wasps in the new Antman comic, in fact. Also one made of beetles, and another made of... ragworms, I think?

It's amazing how little effort it takes to make "guy who is capable of being everywhere simultaneously" terrifying, isn't it?

He's done far better than Electro has. Heck, I think his wins/losses ratio against Spidey is actually better than Doc Ock's!

Didn't he come back in Spencer's Ant-Man run?

Herman is just a very weak person. He squanders his gifts, like most Spider-Man villains.

>He is literally a mental midget.
A mind control manlet, even.

(you)

Attached: 1583333531627.gif (241x200, 135.11K)

>beyond foresight
I don't think you understand how strong that is, especially considering Spider-Man is already faster and more flexible than most people.

Anyone member Menace? I member Menace.

Attached: The Amazing Spider-Man 571-012.jpg (2063x3131, 1.75M)

Didn't see the identity reveal coming.

Attached: The Amazing Spider-Man 571-013.jpg (2063x3131, 1.61M)

I just love the entire Goblin Family. They're all great. I'm especially fond of Harry in the role as he was my first Goblin. FIrst issue was the issue where he ate it......shit sucked....great issue though.

Attached: The Amazing Spider-Man 571-014.jpg (2063x3131, 1.76M)

I know he's not C-List, but I wouldn't call Goblin A-List. Or maybe he is in terms of skill but it doesn't feel like it. I can't remember the last good Hobgoblin arc (there was AXIS but that doesn't count).

Attached: 92dbc1358ba3a465d7e159e4b6ab73bc.jpg (649x1085, 152.38K)

What's that spider guy's name? The Hundred or something? He should team up with Swarm.

Underbolts deserved their own title.

The comic did it first.

This reads like a knock-off of "Shocker: Legit."

She's supposed to be coming back in the Black Cat comic.
The Thousand, but I doubt we'll ever see him him again, barring that recent flashback cameo in Marvel Voices.

Choose your fighter

Attached: Ant-Man 001 (2020) (Digital) (Zone-Empire)_Ant-Man (2020) 01 (of 05)-019.jpg (1988x3056, 1.73M)

As if there was any other choice.

Attached: ant-man-hank-pym-iron-man-spider-man-marvel-cinematic-universe-marvel.jpg (728x515, 86.59K)

knowing their new backgrounds demon Venom/Abomination would be pretty bad to go against

Attached: 1577490439655.jpg (556x500, 115.43K)

You haven't been reading the current Antman, have you?

To be fair Electro is an idiot..

The Guyver looking dude

If we get stupid sexy Screwball I'm down.

Attached: screwball stupid sexy.jpg (1176x1333, 89.31K)

damn i love those designs theyre so cool

I love the rhino beetle who looks like Rhino

Based Ant-Man

what a garbage, over complicated design. Just make him a fucking swarm of bees, it's scarier when there's nothing solid to hit.

Why do you hate fun?

It's a silly comic book based on a video game based on a comic book

When have they ever been perceived as jokes? Sandman in particular has manhandled the Fantastic Four before, not to mention been a heavy hitter for and against the Avengers.

The real answer is Scorpion.

Attached: 7F31BA9A-F47C-400C-B02E-D5C1B3411C66.jpg (274x400, 20.28K)

Spencer’s characterization was an entirely different character.
>Beat Spider-Man multiple times
>Created an upgrade that fucked Spidey up even harder
>Made a suit that can take some serious superhuman punches
>Managed to not only hold his own but almost beat Iron Man

It’s a shame too, because he’s a good villain.

Angle Man

Attached: Wonder_Woman_v.1_273.jpg (400x608, 86.75K)

I like how that guy's just hanging out partying at the disco. That's exactly the life I'd live if I had a magic triangle that shot anyone I didn't like infinitely far away from me.

He’s constantly pulling his punches, and only stops messing around when someone messes with his loved ones. Like that time he thought Harry’s baby son was murdered.