Haven't you heard? Kipo is back

youtube.com/watch?v=7Imw-elWu5w

Attached: 1588103212120.jpg (2649x4096, 627.88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yxud2gUntQs
youtube.com/watch?v=2ClEswhNfiY
youtu.be/lXlyMYjx-eI
mega.nz/file/apxQQazR#QC8YNfe6tltG94daO5ity7Ixv9piWbvWDZbZoFX64xA
drive.google.com/file/u/1/d/161GtwMOEbYGbFrbnuu2ZZu3zbf-JF-aD/view?usp=drivesdk
youtube.com/watch?v=s1EIUP8tvbE
jubilant-ronin.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The fuck's a Kipo?

this shit netflix show

Didn't know there was a trailer. Thnx.

The fuck is that music

I am excite. Not sure how long the show will be, but hopefully a good solid length, not too short.

Attached: purple jaguar arm.jpg (1200x675, 259.76K)

The fuck is a fuck?

I hope Dreamworks finally got the message that people don't like half-seasons.

Kipo's back on the menu bois

Well that's Netflix's call, not Dreamworks. And I honestly don't care about that as much as I care about overall length. With She-Ra the staff dropped "hints" as to how long it'd be overall, and they haven't with this. Just want it to be about She-Ra long, but I worry it'll only be 30 eps or something.

So you'd prefer 20 episodes every year instead of 10 every 6 months?

Personally I'd prefer a weekly schedule for a season, but Netflix only cares about people binging content.

> Handjob extraordinaire

Why is Kipo pink!?
Her being a mutant doesn't answer that.

the best current cartoon you aren't watching

This isn't Cleopatra in Space

>yfw Kipo will get a Full Beast From eventually

Attached: 1533746230888.gif (448x373, 1.99M)

>Haven't you heard? Kipo is back
"Kipo is back on the menu". You had one job.

>purple jaguar
More like pink panther.

Looks tasty.

Attached: 25BB7B1C-8AE9-441C-AFFF-488F6ABB5C4F.png (396x356, 172.6K)

>More Kipo and the End of Wypipo
Oh joy..

Attached: hooray.gif (220x220, 275.67K)

i love cleopatra but i think this is probably a more special show. This is Avatar:TLA tier but Cleopatra gives me what i want from "this is a SATURDAY MORNING CARTOON"

Nope, purple jaguar. In the lyrics and everything.

'Sides, she's not French.

(I think)

Dream on.

Attached: 1588141169209.jpg (960x1458, 906.29K)

Hahah yes okay we get it, the joke is you're a fucking retard that thinks with their dick. Can you please stop repeating it because it's not funny anymore.

Looks like a character from Teen Titans (2003).

In pog form?

i don't know if that's a good or a bad thing.

Attached: Annotation 2020-01-21 005641.png (1716x966, 846.28K)

she kinda reminds me of terra (she's verrrry cute)

Let's not oversell it, Kipo is fine but to call it TLA tier is stroking its dick too hard

Don't do that. Don't start this "tribe" shit again.

ep10 to me is the one that elevates the show above what I thought it was. There was some REALLY good shit in that finale.

Granted the show might not live up to that, but it felt like a gradual increase in quality the whole first season, so if season 2 is at that level and keeps going up...granted they could fuck it up but the show feels so planned out that I have faith they know what they're doing with it.

Avatar had kind of a slow climb. Season 1's last 3 eps were where that show really took off and then season 2 was banger after banger and season 3 closed it off well.

Really? All it did was setup a cliffhanger that half of which they just kinda didn't commit to.

I like Kipo, but even s1 Avatar has it beat in many aspects, especially after its season finale.
Then again, it's unfair to say that was Kipo's "finale" because Netflix huffs glue when it comes to how they release shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=yxud2gUntQs

This scene specifically was a big moment for me where I kind of just started to feel like the show was gonna be something special.

The yumyumhammerpaw stuff early on was kinda slow but we get to scaramang and wolf's backstory and kipo's dad and it starts to really get interesting and we get some great presentation and specific use of music.

It feels like something really worth paying attention to.

Where we are now is basically Winter Solstice or Blue Spirit. Avatar hadn't yet proved that it was gonna be the show it was, but those episodes really showed a spark of some interesting stuff to come.

Also another moment and song I super loved from that last ep:
youtube.com/watch?v=2ClEswhNfiY

(And really, it's more like a mid season with how netflix is, these next 20 eps will probably lead up to the ACTUAL season finale moment)

youtu.be/lXlyMYjx-eI

Also the relationship she has with her dad is really believable and this bit here was when the show really started to be more than just entertainment. It's the kind of show that makes me feel bad that all of my OWN art is just faff garbage to entertain me or someone else for a moment. Kipo and Wolf have alot of depth to them and there's some very real qualities to the characters that make them feel very 3 dimensional.

I was super surprised she ACTUALLY gets to the dad for a full episode of season 1 and then we get some hints at deeper stuff going on. I for sure thought we were going to just get strung along for too long and that kipo would be a character with one single beat to her but it feels like there's going to be alot to this story and i'm really interested to see what's next when the next episodes drop.

Where we are is nowhere near the Winter Solstice or the Blue Spirit in terms of sheer quality.
The Blue Spirit alone introduced layers to the characters and hinted at Zuko's character as more than "the bad guy" that we were expecting him as.

Don't get me wrong, I like Kipo, but it has done nothing to even touch TLA in terms of quality.

Attached: Avatar-The-Last-Airbender-1.13-The-Blue-Spirit.jpg (720x480, 27.5K)

In terms of episodes that introduced layers of complexity to the characters and gave us previews of where the show might go, I'd say it's equivocal in those ways. This is all dependent on if the next 10 episodes and the real season finale fulfill that potential and make this into "a show to watch".

user please. I understand you like it, but you are way overhyping this shit.

Kipo's relationship with her dad was fine, but it's anything groundbreaking or revolutionary, especially for an animated tv series.

Attached: 1556077891411.gif (250x243, 2.57M)

I agree, but Kipo hasn't even hinted at anything bigger beyond her dad and villain having a history with each other, and I guess whatever happened to the planet as a whole, but the show doesn't seem too interested in that.

I dont know, while I like the show as a whole, that finale episode was kind of a mess. A lot of things happened out of nowhere and it felt rushed. Plus I found the fakeout of Kipo being kidnapped retarded. Like they where gonna end it with the group going after Kipo and his dad, but then Kipo comes back mounting flying monsters and is fine.
I found it very messy

Trailer soundtrack physically painful to listen to

I guess I'm more just thinking about it in terms of the quality of the show, I didn't watch alot of Avatar when it was new and came to the show as Korra was being hyped up, so the impact and groundbreaking aspects of it were fully lost on me and my personal experience with the show is only on it's quality of storytelling and not the atmosphere it released in. (Though a good half of season 1 is the generic cartoon episodic stuff the show would rise over)

Well yeah but alot of it is dependant on where we go. Season 1 was short and alot of how I feel is just...hoping what i saw in moments ends up being indicative of the future of the show.

The stuff they're doing with music though is heads and shoulders above other shows that try to work music in. (it helps that they're actually working with musicians and not just one college art grad who can strum a ukulele)

Yeah the tone of that scene was a little off but it feels like the only one that was like that. I wonder if things would have been more comfortable with 13 episodes and we spent a bit more time with the borough before the raid happens.

at the very least, it'll probably end up being better than korra was

So who do you thing the hooded person om top of the building is? I'm betting on wolf's sister; the silhoulette is too small to be the mom.

Ok boomer

who's gonna get the Mandrill dick in S2?

Artistic choice. Rad said in one interview that the viewer sees the world different from how the characters ser it. So for them kipo is a normal...asian? girl and the night is blue, but we see kipo and the night purple instead.

its wolf or a future vision she has of herself

Ugh, the music still sucks.

Attached: Based and Kipopilled.png (2649x4096, 2.35M)

Didn't even need to check the image to know it's loli shit. Fuck off, paedophile.

I hope that shifty frog comes back and joins the team

It's tranny shit.

More procedural insanity

Attached: Kipo spiral 1.jpg (1920x1080, 1.53M)

Attached: Kipo spiral 2.jpg (1920x1080, 1.63M)

based

The song in that trailer isn't the best but Season 1 had some good tunes.

Attached: hgowbc9w6zb41.jpg (2048x1535, 256.08K)

Tribe shit is based.

I mean, I love the man, but the comic wasn't as good as the show. Normally I'm cranky when the studio changes the artist's vision, but with Kipo it's pretty obvious that the dude was just spitballing in comic form.

is this show from 2004

I mean random colored people being a normal thing in-universe is way better writing than everyone just being blind to Kipo being pink for the sake of retarded viewers. Especially because Kipo is so worried about being perceived as different.
>Kipo is self-conscious about being half-mute
>Author says for the sake of the show, Kipo's pink pigmentation is because Kipo is half-mute
>it doesn't count, no one cares about it and no one ever brings it up despite it being her most instantly noticeable and arguably defining aesthetic feature
Come on, "for the sake of foreshadowing"? That lasted one season before they went with the smug giant jungle cat arm promo. It's a pretty pointless immersion break, I don't think viewers need clues that Kipo is special or can't buy that there are natural rainbow skin colors in this magical post-apocalyptic world of talking animals.

Attached: pink leopard.png (650x586, 1019.26K)

>I mean random colored people being a normal thing in-universe is way better writing than everyone just being blind to Kipo being pink for the sake of retarded viewers.

Folks topside figured that burrow people were just like that.

Folks in the burrow had bigger fish to fry than a girl with a skin condition.

Considering how much awesomeness was added to the show that didn't appear in any of the known plans for the comic, "well he was better at explaining... skin. By saying it was just in her head, not really what her skin was like" is pretty damn weak.

She doesn't look like that at all.

HELL YEAH!!!! SECOND SEASON SOON!!!
The mom's dead though. She is Wolf's hoodie.

Man, I really hate the lazy patterning on the jaguar arm. Even the fingers look lazy as hell. Why doesn't lugging around that heavy thing throw off her balance?

>kipo shlicked real hard to build up that much forearm girth
>uses same arm to jerk off user
Pottery

Giant robot hands?

Why just an arm? Fuck is she supposed to be, teen punk Satanna?

Attached: Satanna.jpg (500x785, 219.52K)

she's had eyes before and it's implied this is only a process that's STARTING.

She's gonna go full kitty girl at some point

Moar HummingBombers screentime please.

This, only Newton Wolves instead please.

except that's a frame taken from the show.

Attached: tumblr_a954e73898a3e44f91e171370dad3910_d5344732_1280.jpg (1182x796, 213.31K)

There’s a comic?

Lol you guys are getting replaced

comic as in 10 pages or something like that. it ended when kipo was about to meet the mob frog boss

Show's better even for those scenes.

>teen punk Satanna?
God I fucking wish.

Oh no I ship it.

Attached: 53d8fe5c-e5f9-4f3c-a616-2204e42525c6.jpg (1038x2048, 567.34K)

Oh no, he ships it.

Oh no now I ship this.

Attached: 26946cf4-356c-4473-b4ff-e5bbae538eda.jpg (2027x2048, 930.44K)

It's a bit hard to say what was and wasn't planned in the comic since it ended so early. I will say that DreamWorks making Kipo into a mute might have stepped on writer toes a little... but there's no getting around the fact that it does work pretty well for action scenes. "Girl that can spout astronomy facts" is not easy to turn into a visually dynamic combatant.

You just played yourself

Man, the Steven Universe reboot redesign for Amethyst looks really strange.

im getting underrail flash backs from those death stalkers

What does Kipo even look like in her Jaguar furfag form?

Oh yeah, I should rewatch this.
All I remember were the redneck cats and the white upper class american coded wolves that raised that little black girl to hunt.

Fuck yeah!

mega.nz/file/apxQQazR#QC8YNfe6tltG94daO5ity7Ixv9piWbvWDZbZoFX64xA

Fuck off

nuh-uh

Attached: 1588136543446.jpg (1991x2812, 2.09M)

It could’ve been, but they changed the tone of the comics from a kid friendly, but occasionally serious adventure into a quirky comedy.

i don't know if wolf is about to suplex jamack or is hiving him a tsundere hug

>that WHOOSH when you first enter a map
FUCK

This isn't Carmen Sandiego

Attached: 02ec0d45-a8fd-4a53-bb6a-ba872f080645.jpg (640x640, 61.49K)

Attached: 1584511018796.jpg (2642x1398, 240.23K)

Doesn't count because people actually watched that.

Any theories for the upcoming season?

Most of the earth is fine and just this little corner of the world is fucked.

i love that image. it cracks me up every time.

Amusing

>Zipo.kip

Haven't you heard? Advertising is against the rules.

drive.google.com/file/u/1/d/161GtwMOEbYGbFrbnuu2ZZu3zbf-JF-aD/view?usp=drivesdk

This show makes me realize I am a human supremacist so it makes me uncomfortable.

Good news, love the art syle,

that's great!

Carmen Sandiego is shit. Fuckers took "the world's best thief" and immediately tried to figure out how they could make her not REALLY a thief. The writers on that show should all be castrated.

"#WOKE" SJW pandering garbage

Good night!

You aren't suppose to reply to bait.

She's a masterthief, user. A thief who only steals from other thieves.

Attached: Sly has been browsing 4chan.jpg (900x425, 51.46K)

What bait? is absolutely right, this is typical SJWflix tripe.

holy shit, they cast a black guy to play a black guy!

Nah, just a cool thief. It's about stealing what supposedly can't be stolen, not "being the good guy."

youtube.com/watch?v=s1EIUP8tvbE

There's decades of stories that say otherwise. They got the rights to a character they didn't feel like writing, and proceeded to break her rather than do it properly.

Similar to the Voltron writers that didn't want to do a giant robot show, but honestly more egregious.

pretty sure a woman was behind that. women seem to be behind all these revision bastardizations.

There's a 50/50 chance, sure.

Well it's America.

OI FAGS
Seems like kanye found kipo in the wilds

Attached: Capture.png (1310x816, 1.02M)

Wait, what? source? new trailer already?

on netflix. check under the show's trailers tab

hot take. these are from the human resistance against scarlemane

Attached: Capture.png (1676x846, 1.31M)

it's supposed to be California

Maybe one of them was that cloaked figure?

the cloaked figure is the one in the middle.

He was a field scientist then?

So is she literally only half mute? Like she's never gonna get a full jaguar form?

She's probably going to learn how to control it along the season.

we just don't know. for all that's worth, lio took baby kipo in one of his astronomical expeditions so her powers could be kickstarted or something like that.

Attached: _tumblr_mcudssw92Z1qkvv7u540.gif (250x251, 999.49K)

Entry level Furry

>"and this is my masturbation arm!"

Attached: 1588135227286[1].jpg (1200x675, 265.22K)

I don't ship either of those VERY hard, but the art is great. Kudos

I hope Wolf has more cute moments. I expected her to be the worst character but she turned out to be one of the best.

You just killed whatever trace of fun the other post had.

>It's another "non-white MC's are an attack on white people" episode

Attached: 1585379743392.jpg (500x375, 16.68K)

You aren't suppose to reply to bait.

I hope it's more of the same as the first season, or the first half? I have no idea why netflix likes to cut up production orders and pretend they're different seasons. Music is great, animation is great, bless studio mir.

bump

where did you get that screen cap it wasn't in the trailer

It's in the netflix trailer.

It's a marketing thing. People don't care about half of a season as they do a new season.

Attached: Breaking_Bad_(season_5).jpg (2950x2041, 1.51M)

I'm showing just the Season 1 trailer. Not even last week's S2 announcement.

She really grows on you. A testament to the good writing

You do commissions?

Nope. Same showrunner as The Batman.

It was there earlier, I guess they took it down because it wasn't supposed to be put up yet?

I'm honestly pleasantly surprised that Dreamworks is kicking ass with its animation. Kipo, She-Ra, Cleopatra in Space... and then there's Disney over there phoning it in with Owl House.

Seconding this question.

man that sucks

you think you could tell us what was in that extra trailer user

bummp

Netflix sjw garbage that Zig ForumsMBLR loves.

Attached: H.jpg (1301x769, 114.51K)

COPE TRANNY

Attached: 1586278975458.jpg (600x800, 83.32K)

bump

I hope Kipo gets swole.

Attached: kipoabs.jpg (1240x1026, 237.59K)

It was basically kipo singing in the background, it showed kipo's kidnapped burrow people in a coliseum, as well as a different group of burrow people(noted by their differents suits). Jump cut to kipo talking with goat mutes, seeing the gasmask people again, baby kipo with a young lio and the megamute from s1 without the control collas and helping the group/burrow people

Not my art
jubilant-ronin.tumblr.com/

Attached: d5adde8b-4277-4d8a-8e1e-997c851bded3.jpg (2048x1915, 1.04M)

wack