So I've just finished this series and I don't get why people have been accusing Disney's Atlantis of ripping it off

So I've just finished this series and I don't get why people have been accusing Disney's Atlantis of ripping it off
Besides Atlantis being the theme and the main protagonist wearing glasses, they are not that similar at all

Attached: R-11048279-1508893938-1568.jpeg.jpg (600x605, 160.23K)

Before anyone says anything, Shinji looks like Nadia, not the other way around. So liking Nadia doesn't make you a faggot.

No the real crime is Simba being a rip off from Kimba, visually at least

The only good thing Hideaki Anno ever made.

Nadia is the most annoying character I've ever seen and makes me want to kill myself whenever she chastises people for not being vegan

Attached: na.jpg (1449x1027, 111.65K)

Doesn't Nadia rip off Jules Verne anyways?

can't rip off if it's public domain

There's a swath of bad non-canon episodes outsourced to another studio. She's less annoying if you were warned not to watch them, but still a prat.

I mean she’s a moody die heard vegetarian who got flanderized to all hell in the filler arcs

Nadia pulls stuff from a ton of sources. But still ends up a unique creation.

Someone made a 90 minute fan-edit of the whole Island Arc/filler sequence that removes all that, so no militant veganism, no complaining about being rescued from drowning and absolutely no thirsting over Nubian chad dong in Africa. I think it's on usenet.

There's a lot of similarities. I got 2 images, make your own opinion. First one is a little autistic in their explanation, just hang in there for 2nd image.

Attached: not this shit again.jpg (799x7924, 624.92K)

Uhh, Lion King is based on Hamlet, retard?

So does Zig Forums hate Nadia because Miyazaki was involved with it?

What the hell does this mean

Attached: Capture.jpg (1309x1009, 90.09K)

What the hell is it with this guy and young girls falling in love with much, MUCH older guys ???

Lupin, Porco Rosso, Nadia....

Is it a fetish or a cope ? Either way why hasn't he been MeToo'd yet ??

Attached: 285550.jpg (600x800, 96.33K)

Nah, people don't hate Miyazaki's work. He's just grumpier and more bitter than Alan Moore.

but what about all those out-of-context screenshot comparisons of common camera angles and poses!

and 2nd. Just shows more character similarities etc.

Attached: well whatever.png (654x3090, 2.87M)

You can edit literally anything to look like that
Pathetic weeb cuck read Shakespeare

Attached: Lion King plagiarism.jpg (533x800, 83.28K)

a lot of these are either common tropes in fiction or really stretching

I actually lied I'm at episode 31, I have 8 episodes left to go

I had to take a break because this island arc is boring me to death

He might just have weird ideas that appear in his work and not be a creeper IRL?

I think it's kinda pathetic how far you need to go to try and shit on Disney
Don't weebs have any life of their own?

He's literally credited in the opening

>I cited my source so it's not plagiarism XD

English is known to have way too many words for the same word so translations get easily messed up, my guess is "mind" is supposed to be "think" or "dream" but i don't know the context. So probably closer to "Don't forget to____.

Attached: 1292245984070.jpg (1013x759, 44.55K)

It literally says this is based on the book

Attached: c689b963-b3eb.jpg (936x641, 42.81K)

>if I tell everyone I'm stealing it's okay XD

Do gaijins really

>bootleg Pikachu noises

All the art on the left looks more bright and refreshing to watch.
I have to give Nadia a go sometime soon.

Thanks, user.
I definitely won't be watching Atlantis if the visuals are so green, glum and depressing...

>i'm amerimutt i'm retarded it's okay XD

she's built for fat white basterds unwashed cocks.

You're probably trolling but I posted two images off the internet because OP asked a question, it wasn't that hard to do but thanks for caring. Maybe grow up a little before you sperg out and have a tantrum. I even told you to form your own opinion of it because I know sometimes there's coincidences.

So, kindly fuck off, nobody wants to hear your pathetic retard screech in text form as you whine any time someone mentions an anime.

Attached: 1276852163371.jpg (384x288, 20.02K)

I be more worry about the similarities between Atlantis and the first stargate movie.

Digimon predates Pokemon

watch them both expand your interests, have fun.

Attached: ppgdex.jpg (259x194, 14.7K)

Nadia is fun.

Attached: Nadia bride.jpg (3965x2744, 1.83M)

As a digimon fan thats not true, it took longer for pokemon to get around out of japan and so digimon appeared to be first but pokemon is 1 year older.

Attached: pk1291671913305.jpg (292x215, 13.41K)

>racemixing

It's okay if it's white guy on brown girl

When the new nautiulus.laumches its a scene by scene "ripoff" off space battlesip yamato

Im.not sure japan actually cares abour being ripped off if its just "inspiration"

>movie plays out with common tropes
>bro this is totally ripping off anime
weebs desperate

Well this was Hideki Anno working out his abusive relationship traumas, and didnt help he went full misanthrope nihilist during eva.

Remember when Anno wasn't crazy and bitter?

Attached: Kare Kano.jpg (1600x1200, 214.46K)

You, read link below.

Thanks.

wikipedia says nadia was made by miyazaki

i heard something that he mellowed down in the 2000s but to much of its horror people and otakus ended up lovin his tropes about despicable character archetypes.

>it's not shit it was ironic you need to READ BETWEEN THE LINE, like us the good believer elite!
that fucking sect will have the saddest group suicide in history.

No it doesn't, acquire reading comprehension.

Atlantis: The Lost Empire is mediocre regardless of how much or how little it stole from other sources.

Treasure Planet is pretty much flat-out better.

>Atlantis: The Lost Empire i
The worst Disney's movie imho

No way, there are far worse movies (Chicken Little, Home on the Range, Aristocats), it's just not very good.

>Chicken Little, Home on the Range,
ok you won

Island Arc isn't filler, Africa is. Nadia being an insufferable Vegan all Anno and anyone who says otherwise is insane.

can't you read?

Reminds me of how Steven Universe blatantly rips off GaoGaiGar and Goldran but no one bats an eye.

I don't care who rips off this or that, art is supposed to cross-pollinate. But it bugs me when they don't acknowledge it. Whether it's out of arrogance, exceptionalism, or legal necessity, it's denial of creative roots and, regardless of how abused this term may be, a very real kind of appropriation that only cares to take.
I'm not a fan of Owl House, in fact I think it's quite bad. But at least I respect Dana for being upfront about her influences.

>he mellowed down in the 2000s
Really, because I don’t know what’s happening in the Rebuilds if it’s not Anno doubling down on “otakus are retards and should never be happy” sentiments

He's a self-hating otaku. He originally got into animation because he fell in love with the heroine from Panda and the Magic Serpent. He's as much of a waifufag as the otaku he claims to hate so much.

I'm currently at the island arc