DannyxColleen

>DannyxColleen

Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?

Attached: 338c6572a8e15e3df86e184c2600142e.jpg (2048x1433, 254.58K)

not even close to being the worst problem with the show

>That side-on shot of him falling on the bed and her over him
>Followed immediately by a side-on shot of her going onto the bed with him over her

This show had the worst camera work I've ever seen. Says something when the only interesting or visually unique episode of your show was directed by the same guy who did Man with the Iron Fists.

They honestly should've given this whole show to RZA, he was the only one involved who seemed to give half a fuck about Iron Fist. Then at least we could've had a fun throwback Shaw Brothers series.

If it pisses off the hapas. I'm fine with it.

No. But, it certainly didn't help it nor its reception.

They were responsible for successfully tanking Iron Fist. I'm not just talking about the show but as an ACTUAL IP. They got a lot of things wrong about Danny, but Loeb and Buck making the decision to hook him up with his Asian female best friend that he's never had a relationship with in cannon? Is a massively retarded decision. It just looks bad and makes them look justified in their smear campaign. It's a bad business decision and a bad storyline decision. What were they thinking?

>They honestly should've given this whole show to RZA, he was the only one involved who seemed to give half a fuck about Iron Fist. Then at least we could've had a fun throwback Shaw Brothers series.

Oh god, thanks for making me realize just how much potential was wasted. If only we could have had that for Danny's side, but kept the Meachums side of the show, too.

RZA would totally have had Danny/Misty, also.

Hardly the worst sin with this show but what do you expect when Luke was already fucking Misty?

Who tf thought any of that show was a good idea

The same people who thought Danny shouldn’t be in shape, shouldn’t have a costume, and shouldn’t have well rehearsed fight scenes.

When they had luke hook up with misty in the first fucking episode that I knew there was no hope for Danny

Scott Buck.
He thought plenty of retarded shit was a good idea.

I feel like they never really understood an of the characters outside of Daredevil

yeha, but why did Marvel TV even approve Luke hooking up with Misty? They have control over how their characters are depicted.

It appeals to betacucks.

Good tier Neflix MCU couples:
Luke x Claire
Matt x Karen

Bad tier:
The rest

>really enjoyed iron Fist season 1 despite its flaws
>Try to put the fact that they completely butchered Danny Rand's origin to the side
>Defended it in was excited for season 2
>Saw the leak that Danny gives the Iron Fist to Colleen. To Colleen. COLLEEN! Not only that, but the writers gave her the final fight with Davos.

For someone who spent years defending Danny on the internet it was the BIGGEST slap in the face. Danny was never in the right hands. He actually needed a team that believes in him and doesn't actually hate him as a character. It was so obvious they did that to placate #AAIronFist.

The TV side should never have been able to get their hands on Danny. He should've been a movie character and probably would've gotten the Phase 4 spot over Shang-Chi (who actually would fit the Netflix world a lot better)

Idk how damaged the brand IP is now, but I wonder how long it will take to see Iron Fist rebooted again. It's Fantastic Four levels of brand taint.

>but kept the Meachums side of the show
yuck no

Bendis paired them together in the Ultimate comics too.

>Bendis
>Ulitmate comics

yikes

It could've worked if it was like the original where Danny comes seeking revenge only to have Harold be a vegetable and Joy thinking Danny killed him

>Matt x Karen

Attached: Nic Cage Laughs in Yo Face.gif (300x149, 1.24M)

Ward was the best part of that series.

>It's Fantastic Four levels of brand taint.

Nope. Worse. The Fantastic Four are 'Marvel's first family', despite the less than stellar adaptations people still have fond memories of them and people know who they are. In his case he didn't get to penetrate the public conscience of Pop culture and in this day and age with heightened cultural sensitivity and outrage, if they were gonna get it done they needed to get it done correctly. First time round.

Danny had a lot of good will come his way after the Immortal Iron Fist series did gangbusters and was critically acclaimed. Unfortunately, we live in a world where one blog that has a lot of erroneous information can spread like wildfire and in this case it literally got a head of Marvel, Jeph Loeb and his team.

He's now Marvel's Aquaman and look how long from the Superfriends it took for Aquaman to build up his reputation in Pop culture. Good thing for Arthur is he hasn't been branded as racist and antiquated in the way that Danny has. The only hope is that Shang-Chi becomes really popular, and like the comics is considered the premier martial artist in the Marvel cinematic universe, and after years when the stink from the Marvelix fades and then they try again, but I don't know if it's going to be a big announcement and if they do they're probably gonna cast straight away so there's no chance for a groundswell of racebending demands to happen. I think a joint Heroes for Hire property seems more likely at this point.

Kevin Feige said he wanted to make both properties. Shang own comics has material for the scriptwriter to draw from. Just update his origin. However, if the leaks are true there's going to be a secret tournament, a dragon of alien origin and apparently he's also going to be an orphan? This is going to cause more people than not to ask why there even needs to be another Iron Fist adaptation in the first place.

>This is going to cause more people than not to ask why there even needs to be another Iron Fist adaptation in the first place.

well I've always viewed Shang as a more James Bond X Bruce Lee type character while Iron Fist had the crazy lore. I don't think it's redundant to do them even if Shang's movie has all those elements.

I did like that Colleen Wing actress though.

Yep. People that say Jessica Henwick's Colleen Wing was the best part of the show honestly make me roll my eyes. The people saying that are either the ones that fancy her or that ones that were desperate for an Asian-American Iron Fist. People LOVE to come for Finn and drag him but she was bad, too. The best character, the best actor AND the best character arc by miles was Tom Pelphrey's Ward.

Her acting was annoying as hell and so obviously. If I was the casting director I wouldn't have hired either of them. Nor Mike "Black hole of Charisma" Coulter.

You would think the woke crowd would have been pissed that they never showed the first major interracial couple in comics on TV but I guess they hate Danny that much. A shame because I really like the idea of an older Misty with a younger Danny.

You and me both, user. But, the people that helped ruin Danny's IP potential wasn't just a Twitter hashtag, but journalists that wrote numerous articles bashing Iron Fist and goading on the people bullying Finn Jones on Twitter . They're voice is going to be the first thing people see when they look up news about Iron Fist or Shang. I'm sure we're going to see loads of people are suddenly Shang fans that not so subtly shade Danny. They are definitely going to be pushing the narrative that we don't need Iron Fist.

We have to just hope that Kevin Feige comes through on his promise and doesn't let his alleged hate of Jeph Loeb get in the way.

>journalists that wrote numerous articles bashing Iron Fist and goading on the people bullying Finn Jones on Twitter

Amazing how internet bullying, doxxing, harassing, and death threats are suddenly heroic acts when blue checks and wokeists are the ones doing it.

There was zero interaction between show directors. That's why The Hand plot was so fucked.
The woke crowd are casuals and don't know a fucking thing about Danny. Hell the people working on these shows don't know shit. In Defenders they legit tried to have Luke pull the race card on Danny, who is arguably THE worst fucker you could spin that on since he grew up as a foreign minority raised in Kun Lun being told constantly he wouldn't amount to nothing

Literally saw people push that Shang chi should replace Danny in heroes for hire because of some PoC solidarity between Asians and black people. They clearly never cared about the character of Iron Fist at all. No lie and they also didn't want Danny to hook up with misty, as they didn't find him 'worthy of her' and they would deliberately tweet in the actress' mentions about Lewis Tan and how they would make such an "awesome on-screen couple". I'm pretty sure she even retweeted one mention. God, I was so disappointed.
>We may never see the realised love story of Danisty in live-action

One of the things I think it's really cool about them is that it's one of the rare examples of a younger guy with an older woman. They may keep on talking about some ""power imbalance"" between the rich white guy and the black cop, but I mean she's older than him, he's innocent and if we're being honest he's kinda subby.

they were garbage.