What was better, prime Simpsons or Prime Futurama?

What was better, prime Simpsons or Prime Futurama?

Attached: 1571780052882.gif (400x318, 976.69K)

Both are good. Prime Futurama happened because of the writers of Simpsons golden era. Ironically Simpsons started to go to shit as soon as they left to write in Futurama.

Also Sneed

For me, it's Futurama but I think if you look at it as objectively as one can it's Simpsons.

Prime Simpsons. Its timeless in that it tackles emotions rather than stories and so although Futurama has some of the best written episodes in cartoons, the absolutely kino character writing from the Simpsons is better imo

Futurama was the one that I really gravitated towards when I was younger.

Early Simpsons will always be a classic play on Sitcom stereotypes that's going to resonate with more people, but I think they just had more creative fun with the specific characters and sci-fi set-ups that Futurama had.

Attached: futurama_godfellas.jpg (920x514, 112.58K)

futurama ruined simpsons like futurama ruined disenchanted

The first moon episode of futurama is still my favourite. The ending always gives me feels but I never see it brought up with emotional episodes.

how did Futurama ruin disenchantment, it had been over for years by the time that came out

Prime Futurama. Simpsons wasn't even that good

Pretty much this.

Futurma didn't ruin Disenchanted, because that would imply there was anything to ruin.

>Ironically Simpsons started to go to shit as soon as they left to write in Futurama.
That's not ironic! That's completely what one would expect from the given situation!

fpbp

Attached: 1526514827657.jpg (688x680, 106.05K)

this, take off your nostalgia glasses and you see Simpsons was always a non original and pretty repetitive show with super shallow characters even when compared to American Dad and South Park

It's sad when I can't tell what's a shit and what's genuine anymore.

Tough call. Prime Simpsons didn't reach the high points that Prime Futurama did, but it was more consistent than Prime Futurama.

Simpsons. Prime Simpsons gets better the more you watch it.
Prime Futurama is great too, but I can't watch it over and over and over again like prime Simpsons.

Futurama for me, simpsons has boomerhumor pacing. Some of the situations are funny but it's kind of a king of the hill kind of thing where the laughs are a bit more subdued and quippish than Fry getting nearly murdered because of Bender's idiocy/irresponsibility. Also I was more invested in King of the Hill's characters than the simpsons, which is meant to be episodic and the spergs who keep complaining about continuity errors for 30 years (these dudes are literally in their 50s and complaining about this shit) should be put out to pasture.

Attached: 1587609023939.jpg (511x529, 149.25K)

Okay, Robot Devil.

Emotionally I think Futurama reached higher heights.

Comically it's the Simpsons and not even a contest.

I think what Prime Futurama had going for it was that it wasn't shackled to the standard family sitcom formula that the Simpsons was, and that the sci-fi setting meant they could pursue any idea they wanted no matter how absurd it was.

I definitely appreciate the creativity in the premises explored; have always championed SciFi for how they can go wild with the ways they approach social commentary.

At the same time when I get down to it, The Simpsons just made me laugh harder on average. Futurama could be witty as all hell and of course algo got my guffaw there, but Homer and Co. were on another level, at least for me.

Then again no shame losing against what I consider one of the funniest anythings ever.

a use of words expressing something other than the literal intention

Attached: .png (640x480, 494.19K)

>I think what Prime Futurama had going for it was that it wasn't shackled to the standard family sitcom formula that the Simpsons was
also, if you ask me, the simpsons was a little too american.
as a non-anglo, i had to rewatch simpson eps years later to even get a laugh when i understood american tropes better, while futurama was always really fucking funny to me.

simpsons characters always had to be grounded to a certain extent, futurama certainly had more liberty in that sense

it took up all the good ideas

Futurama. Prime Simpson still had duds. Prime Futurama is good at worst and great at best.

how about neither?

Attached: dean.jpg (320x240, 68.36K)

NOW THAT

IS

Is what? Please continue sir

Disenchanted ruined Disenchanted by being Disenchanted.

For me, it's prime Simpson.
I don't know, they just have that something that makes them timeless, can't really express that into words.
It's a magical mix of animation, writing, and historical period in which it was aired.
Also prime Simpsons were so iconic and they influenced many shows after them, Futurama included

What seasons are considered the prime of each series?

Season 3 and 4 were Prime Futurama