BUT I LIKE GOING TO THE THEATER GODDAMNIT

BUT I LIKE GOING TO THE THEATER GODDAMNIT

Attached: 9C268C25-BF77-4D49-B1AE-ECD376B87505.jpg (750x739, 122.54K)

Going to a movie theater sucks ass. It turns what should be an hour and a half of comfortable viewing into an expensive 3 hour ordeal I have to share with a bunch of literal children for no fucking reason.

It's not like theaters have special equipment you need to see the fucking movies. They literally download an HD movie file!

I was so bummed out when my local theater shut down. Just seeing it all on the silver screen. You can’t get that anywhere else except home theaters and those are for white people

Movie theaters are fun only if they're like Alamo Drafthouse, and straight up supposed to be about the food and drinks as well as the movie. Ones that are just 'popcorn/drink/film' are crap, especially with tons of kids.

Cant believe the last movie ud see in a theater was BnHA heroes rising with friends and gf, wtf
China finds new ways for me to hate them, they are surprisingly good at fucking with movie industry

>needing to spend $20 to watch a movie on the same screen I would be using if I got it for free
>instead of spending $4.50 for a matinee three weeks into its run with only four people in the theater
Guess I don't have a reason to pay for movies ever again.

Eat shit and die, i like getting out of my dirty house to eat popcorn and see something on the big screen

I've had more films ruined for me by seeing them in theaters than by watching them at home.

Attached: jadedwarlock.jpg (587x900, 190.56K)

Nigga there's no kids in EVERY movie. You're either bringing it onto yourself or you yourself have kids and resent them.

Also where the fuck are you getting that extra hour and a half from? If I want to see a movie in my vicinity, it takes like...10 minutes to ticket and travel time. That's it.

Your opinion means nothing
Clean your house
Filth

No, fuck you, i actually like going to the movie theaters. Fuck trolls and fuck you

>Fuck trolls
>t. TRUE and HONEST movie-goer

I've never seen the appeal of movie theaters. They should've gone away as soon as we invented the television.

Fuck you man, i just want my movie theater experience

Attached: 71E42363-F89C-4BA1-9836-4980BBC93160.png (636x460, 357.75K)

>Zoomer kids screaming and sperging out after consuming tons of sugar
>Middle age mothers having a full conversation over the movie.
>African-Americans laughing at me for eating beans at an Cars 2 showing
Remind me, why is this a bad thing again?

>that feel when movie theatres are finally going to die for real

Attached: file.png (480x360, 271.99K)

Fuck that, my city has many theaters where they show classic movies. I will never stop going.

STOP BEING EXCITED

YOURE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE GLAF ABOUT THIS

Attached: file.png (658x557, 450.91K)

The only advantage movie theaters have is the giant screen.

>Trolls: World Tour might go down as one of the most important, industry shattering works in cinematic history.

Attached: getaloadofthissociety.jpg (558x908, 490.99K)

>They literally download an HD movie file
A lossless file anywhere from 100 to 200 GBs in size that can only be played on the projectors after being validated with an encryption key, yes. What else are 10-thousand-dollar digital projectors going to use? Reel-to-reel? DVDs?
It's not like theatres are downloading RARBG releases and putting them on the screen

>the entire reason you had to wait ages for a movie to get on video was because theaters demanded exclusivity for films for months after release
It was a bit like if radio stations demanded any new music be radio-only for months on end before they could sell albums. Fuck theaters, they've been overpriced since the 90's or even earlier. They put the bare minimum effort into showing the movie as well. Last two times I got dragged to a theater, the movies had both video and audio issues at various parts throughout the film, and when I complained the manager said "Well, you were there for most of the movie so no refund".

Literally jews demanding full rights to a product so they can sell you a subpar experience instead of letting you just buy the fucking product you wanted to begin with. Let them all burn. You want the "theater experience"? Build one in your home.

That's the beauty of this whole thing.

This only really affects the big blockbuster theaters. The kind of niche/arthouse theaters you're talking about won't go away, and might even benefit from there being fewer blockbuster theaters.

I don't think I've been in a cinema for years. Last film I saw in one was pic related, which shows you how fucking long ago it was.

Attached: 66D8BB8A-E4E8-4422-9242-603110084545_581626E7-B904-43C3-8A84-CB0A18D7802C_2020-3-11-T17-14-19[1].jpg (260x371, 54.99K)

>which shows you how fucking long ago it was.
It also shows how fucking awful your taste in movies is.

I was 15, I didn't know any better.

And Sonic The Hedgehog just might the last conventional blockbuster in history

>Sonic The Hedgehog just might the last conventional blockbuster in history.
what the fuck is this timeline?

Attached: HERE I COME.png (444x331, 166.43K)

Small indie theaters will still be around. They've already had to carve out a safe niche for themselves long ago, they have the flexibility to provide unique eclectic programming that make it worth going out to watch a movie or attend an event.

This. Personally I'd like to see a cinema that's a cigar lounge. Probably not financially viable, but it'd be a great venue. Get a nice beer, settle down into a chair, have a cigar and watch some schlock from the 80s.

HEY

THIS NIGGA EATIN' BEANS!

3 months isn't "ages," zoomer

I think we'll still have big blockbusters, it just will become limited to movies they want to be an event instead of every action flick released in the summer. Something like an Infinity War could still benefit from big theatrical release hype. Something to make it stand out from the competition released for streaming.

>cigar
Yuck.

>zoomer thinks it was always three months
The turnaround wasn't always as quick. The Lion King(the 1994 original) didn't get to video until a year later. But good job revealing that you've never known a time when it was anything other than 3 months.

You can have a pipe there as well. Plenty of choice of cigars and tobaccos out there.

>Video game movie is a hit
>The movie industry is destroyed as a result
Damn monkeys paw.

>smoking anything at all
Enjoy your fried lungs, dummy.

If I could go to a theater that had no kids, required cell phones off, and removed people who were talking, I would pay more to see a movie. But they can't, so you have to sit through people being assholes during a film you were excited to watch. At home, you do not have this problem.
Now this last one is not a requirement but I would appreciate it, no BO

Attached: 1580850820839.jpg (480x360, 26.08K)

I dragged my dad to Meet the Spartans as a stupid fucking kid and it is a decision that continues to haunt me.

I can repay my father, I can apologize profusely but it wounds my soul that I betrayed him like that.

Wow a whole year of waiting to see a movie on VHS, a format far inferior to reel-to-reel projection in an auditorium with state of the art surround system