Marvel and Diamond's New Release Schedule

newsarama.com/50048-marvel-to-resume-new-comics-releases-may-27-announce-schedule-through-july-8.html
>Wait for Diamond to come back
>Still won't be able to resume previous release schedule
>Only able to release 5 or so floppies every two weeks
>Won't even be back on track by the end of July
>Meanwhile DC will be caught up by the end of June.

The absolute state of Marvel and Diamond.

Attached: marvelsreleaseschedule.png (1347x657, 203.2K)

When's Carol

Attached: 1537879782016.png (329x347, 255.13K)

great

July 22nd at earliest.

Attached: 1449454498487.jpg (324x600, 38.76K)

>we need to not release digital comics so we can save stores!
>kill stores anyway by having miniscule weekly releases

Has anyone seen what Lunar's terms are like?
If DC really wants to help retailers and solidify Lunar and UCS as viable alternatives, they need to offer all of their books on extended terms during this period. If they offered 60, 90, even 120 days net, a lot of stores would stop their bitching and start a Lunar or UCS account immediately, even if only for DC comics.

>If DC really wants to help retailers

Attached: 1499412811980.png (156x168, 53.4K)

The problem is, a lot of their most popular stuff would have tied into the FCBD releases, and they can't release them until after FCBD.

Can't release Amazing Spider-Man #44-onwards and Venom #26-onwards, because those two followed on from the Spider-Man/Venom FCBD issue. Same problem with the X-Men FCBD issue leading into X of Swords.

Seems weird to open the release schedule with amazing then

>Marvel struggling this hard to keep pace with DC
When did things get so bad?

Marvel really is bending over backwards for the direct market

When Marvel layed off half their editorial, paused production on 45% of their line and Diamond layed off most of their purchasing dept because they thought they could get away with not releasing anything till august

Goddamn

Goddamn I expected accelerated releases to get back on schedule not this shit.

>only releasing new issues every other week
There is no good way for a store to handle this. Eleven issues is not enough to keep the lights on.

sort of seems like a why bother. so glad i don't own a comic store.

Anyone with basic logic and some distance from the industry could have seen what a mistake this was from the start. Publishers should have kept doing digital, then offered the print versions in discounted bundles after the shutdown orders were lifted. Now retailers won't have enough product for the year, and the pencils down order will keep reverberating through the entire schedule, causing delays. These retailers still complain about what DC did, even though DC effectively freed them from pre-order obligations they made months before the pandemic.
Complete idiocy up and down the line.

>no Immortal Hulk

Attached: 1498398491489.jpg (800x800, 135.03K)

>have to wait a fucking month for Spider-Man
Fuck this shit

>because those two followed on from the Spider-Man/Venom FCBD issue
What are you talking about?

The May 27th through July 8th releases are stuff that had already reached FOC dates before the Diamond shutdown.

Also Amazing Spider-Man #43 is the final part of the "True Companions" arc, and it would make sense to finish that off as soon as possible.

No clue what comes out July 15th onwards. Everything from then on is gonna be stuff that's freshly re-solicited (i.e. the comic shops haven't made orders for them yet, or if they did, the orders were reset to 0).

If they stick to the small release schedule as they have now, then I can't see them releasing anything that ties into a big event like Empyre. Can't see them launching any brand new #1s like Non-Stop Spider-Man.

>FCBD 2020 SPIDER-MAN VENOM #1
>JAN200033
>(W) Donny Cates (A) Ryan Stegman
>Marvel's Silver-level FCBD title provides two exciting tales connected to the coming major storylines in Venom, Amazing Spider-Man and Black Cat from top creators Donny Cates, Ryan Stegman, Jed MacKay, Patrick Gleason and more!
>Rating: Teen
>In Shops on Free Comic Book Day 2020!

This had lead-in stories to Amazing Spider-Man: Sins Rising and Venom Beyond, the next arcs in the ASM and Venom series.

Although, the listing for both this and the X-Men FCBD issue are deleted on the Free Comic Book Day and Previews site, so they could just scrap those two issues entirely, or move the content that was supposed to be in the FCBDs to the main books and produce something completely different for whenever FBCD ends up being this year.

I sure can't wait to read X-Force in July!!

>no Savage Sword of Conan omni
>no Wolverine omni
As an American I’m entitled to my comics and immortality. Wtf.

Attached: 405CFC4E-8BFD-4F82-A546-F038A9A0CCF9.jpg (1076x1097, 807.13K)

That all looks like shit.

bump

I need my New Warriors! I cannot wait to follow the adventures of Snowflake, Safespace, Trailblazer, and the rest of the gang. So much enjoyment to be had, give it nowwwwww!!!

LAID off not "layed", don't you actually read? Why do comics fans have such shit vocabulary and spelling?

>paused production on 45% of their line
Isn’t it more like 20%? Where did 45% come from?

They did it in two waves. The first order paused 20% of titles, but because of some of them doubleshipping, it equaled 1/3rd(33%) of their output a month. The second wave added a additional 10-15%. 30+15=45. Even if you want to skew the numbers towards the low end you end up with 30-35%.