Why can't they make good cartoons?

Why can't they make good cartoons?

Attached: national-flag-canada-lge2-56a0e57f5f9b58eba4b4f422.jpg (1333x1000, 83.99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NQwgIZ__WrY
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Implying Paw Patrol isn't good.

Attached: 3F09A737-3A4C-43E9-BA62-EF580D9D1984.jpg (1000x666, 136.05K)

I LIKED Johnny Test.
Fuck off, OP!

canadians are mandated to spend the subsidies they get but nothing good coming out for years reveals the deeper problem: studios have no long-term projects they put their heart in

No you don't

Attached: 1588189310544.jpg (540x540, 109.78K)

But the best cartoon ever made is canadian

Attached: 91AHCFhpueL._RI_.jpg (2560x1920, 691.8K)

>implying Code: Lyoko and 6teen aren't good shows
cuh-ringe.

do Australia or the United Kingdom make good cartoons that aren't aimed at toddlers?

UK here no.

Only Japan,USA and rarely France make good cartoons with any amount of consistency.
I also do not consider Gumball and British show and don't really like it that much anyway.

they made the best cartoon ever

youtube.com/watch?v=NQwgIZ__WrY

They used to.

What's happening is Canadian cable channels are legally required to be 50% Canadian made content. Filling that with garbage flash animation is the cheapest solution.

Attached: TBW_COC_Cover72dpi.jpg (360x507, 429.9K)

I mean this is literally the best they could do.

Attached: 81Do1yjhDPL._AC_SL1448_.jpg (1032x1448, 229.02K)

They made Freaky Stories

Attached: freaky stories.webm.webm (480x360, 1.54M)

One more strike against them

Attached: bug zapper.webm (640x480, 2.86M)

Attached: blackarachnia vs cheetor.webm (512x384, 2.86M)

Attached: WORLD ENGINE AT MAXIMUM THRUST.webm (480x360, 2.2M)

I rather watch the Hollow or Last Kids on Earth than what Disney Channel is shitting out.

I'm Canadian and there's a lot of shows that are Canadian made that I like, not just cartoons(Corner Gas, Letterkenny, Murdoch Mysteries are just a few) but since we're obliged yo air 50% local stuff I will admit a lot of it can be subpar(mostly because animation isn't taken seriously, but that's another discussion all together).
I wonder how easy it would be to get a show in Canada I wonder, even if only locally. I thought it would be fun to try and revitalize horror hosts by making episodes for my local TV station(CKPGTV) but it seems no one likes movie hosts anymore(ironic, since every person my age I know watches youubers and reaction channels which are basically the same thing but with less talent and work put into it).
I also want to make movies but I don't got the skills or time to do it and my best friend and roommate always shoots down my ideas(which I'll admit are a lil retro/outdated) and is all like "no bro, vampires are dead they're not scary and haven't been for decades. I know this in spite of never watching horror movies.".
Also, all of the film schools and shit are in Vancouver or Calgary and I can't afford to live there. Im hoping the whole " guerrilla filmmaking until you get noticed" thing is viable nowadays especially with social media and the internet.

Only a few shades better than those animation shorts on YTV.

You know Code Lyoko is French, right?

>canada makes shit cartoons
>implying The Raccoons is not good

this was one of the best cartoons ever to come out of canada. sure most shit today cant hold up to the awesomeness this was back in the day, but not all cartoons made in canada were shit. fuckoff canada hater

Attached: bert.png (877x906, 698.72K)

Hilda is made by Canadian studio

They helped made Ed, Edd n Eddy. That counts for something, right?

In the entertainment industry, you can make more money doing whatever it is you do south of the border.

Attached: smug canadian cartoon character face.png (600x360, 104.14K)

Lack of population needed to get an audience big enough to justify sinking money into quality animation. They used to get around this by having the government help finance the first season, giving them a product to shop to international broadcasters that would finance subsequent seasons. This is why we had good shit like Reboot and whatnot for a while. Then Harper got elected and got rid of it. So now our animation is cheap trash.

It was the 90s, what did you expect? Even Toy Story had obvious visual issues even back then.

Also they keep getting roped into animating America's garbage on top of producing their own. And that translates in them just not giving a shit with their own product 90% of the time.

It's about money not about art... the studios dont care, they are all trying to sell out to a larger studio... it's the canadian playbook. Cringe hawaiin shirt culture.

They hire kids purposely... because they are easy to manipulate (Pepsi and doritos) and they wont even need to pay them overtime and you can literally hire 25% less staff when half the studio works 50hrs a week... just tell them there's opportunities... Managers dont really care about the quality of the work...

It's not the artists fault shows suck, good shows cost money and are a huge risk most owners dont want to take.

they are shitty at everything because they have no culture. its the truth.

>Paw Patrol isn't good.
Fixed