Why is it that comics and cartoons can never do the "Bitch" character as good as anime and manga?

Why is it that comics and cartoons can never do the "Bitch" character as good as anime and manga?

Attached: 21082_normal.jpg (355x500, 39.25K)

Attached: last-airbender-azula.jpg (1200x600, 67.08K)

American editorial is concerned with making characters likeable. Any bitchy Western characters were done unintentionally.

Japanese editorial is not concerned with such things.

Perhaps because the eastern comics have more creative freedom on the part of the publisher than the western comics.

Attached: 5.jpg (720x1018, 189.65K)

because there aren't as many masochists who watch cartoons in the west in which to pander to.

Funny joke, OP

Attached: THE bitch.jpg (1290x2000, 863.38K)

Because they're terrible and only masochistic weebs and japs like then?

To do the bitch character right requires nuance in presentation. Western art styles recently have just gotten more and more simplified.

Try and imagine what a Bitch character in an art style like Adventure Time would even look or sound like. It doesn't work, does it? Even if you gave them the exact same voice acting, it would feel tremendously off.

That is what Emma Frost does

Attached: main-qimg-b5719ec173bc3c9907f6f6f8680ce972.png (602x466, 432.8K)

I want Victoria Harwood to call me bad names.

Azula was fine, the only time I've ever see this trope fail in western works is when they inexplicably fail to have her be reasonably challenged like with Camilla in Castelvania, which is more a bad screenwriting issue in general. The situation with Alucard or the Firelord is well established in both those works, so you understand the scale of it all and even though she's bitchy and competent, she's also smart enough not to try and piss off the one way stronger then her, making them out to be clever and manipulative in addition to their more abrasive personalities. But, like with Camilla or more recently Catra in She-Ra, sometimes writers are just plain bad at writing, they suck plain and simple, so she challenges someone who realistically should react negatively to it and there's no in universe reason they would hold back and they have the ability to just end them, but they don't. Because bad writing and they need them around for really dumb plots.

TLDR your issue is with badly done characters by bad writers.

I'd pay for her to step on my balls and I'm not even interested in masochism

I hope there's no Pr*testants in this thread.

Attached: i'm here to kill heretics in the name of the lord amen.jpg (1372x1080, 153.33K)

Speaking of Castlevania, this made me realise how much better it could have been if it was written more like Hellsing.

Because its a taboo and triggers sjws. Capeshit writers/artists are terrified of being called sexist, nazi, incel etc, too.

Attached: 1588448395370.png (1008x534, 592.02K)

God, Hellsing is so fucking dumb. I love it.

I dropped Hellsing not long after the attack on London started because I found it getting tiresome... but it gave us Hellsing Abridged which (after the first episode, at least) is hilarious.

Since people mentioned Castlevania, Leonre's reception makes me think there are a lot of beta masochists actually

Imagine being C*tholic

Attached: png-transparent-russian-orthodox-church-russian-orthodox-cross-eastern-orthodox-church-christian-cross-christianity-text-symmetry-thumbnail.png (360x447, 6.92K)

She was not a bitch.

She only wanted her bro's dick so bad.

Enjoy your Communist Party approved KGB agent priest

doesn't count, only weeaboos watch the castlevania anime

>but it gave us Hellsing Abridged which (after the first episode, at least) is hilarious.
Hellsing Ultimate is pretty much Hellsing Abridged: The Extended Cut

Hellsing Abridged is based on Hellsing Ultimate, rather than the Hellsing show which it feels like no one remembers.

>rather than the Hellsing show which it feels like no one remembers.
I 'member. Had my own tripod site dedicated to it as well.

Which is a good thing because the show kinda sucks.

Yeah, but it was such a huge part of the anime presence online in the 00s. But I guess that time passed, and took a lot with it. When geocities were buried anime like Hellsing where right there in the casket with it.

Sadly the Orthodox are kept out of the story, though we do see briefly communists and islamists. Are there any good orthodox characters in american comics? I don't think Illyana would count, but she can be bitchy sometimes.

Attached: illyana.png (480x480, 343.44K)

>got into hellsing thinking it would be a supernatural Section 9
>instead its full retard
Was disappointed.

Go home.

Attached: Gustav II Adolph.jpg (1848x2520, 2.98M)

She's not a bitch, you're just sexist.

Great soundtrack though.

By your own weird logic, isn't Camilla challenged by Dracula in S2 and her sisterhood in S3?