DJT - Daily Japanese Thread #2372

DJT is a Japanese language learning thread for 初心者 and 博士 who are interested in the language, anime, manga, visual novels, light novels and Japanese video games
Japanese speakers learning English are welcome as well

Edgelords who try to sabotage the learning process of others are NOT welcome!

youtube.com/watch?v=v-7nVqIkbwE

Read the Guide linked below before asking how to learn Japanese:
itazuraneko.neocities.org/

Check the Cornucopia of Resources before asking where to download X or Y:
itazuraneko.neocities.org/library/librarymain.html

Archive of older threads: desuarchive.org/int/search/subject/Daily Japanese Thread/

Previous Thread:

Attached: 1581959587434.jpg (317x550, 40.03K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ascii.jp/elem/000/004/010/4010369/
sokoani.com/
hibiki-radio.jp/description/priconne_re/
youtube.com/watch?v=8UPSaTl91E0
youtube.com/watch?v=fQrPY5aJIXI
youtube.com/watch?v=vj-26uJ9wXY
youtube.com/watch?v=b7dmM-QMkmg
youtube.com/watch?v=QB5neGOqMXc
youtube.com/watch?v=x4xCSVl833I
youtube.com/watch?v=qVTziXoSQOo
youtube.com/watch?v=3dXhycysmzM
youtube.com/watch?v=stXPXj09phU
youtube.com/watch?v=ZWiFDsqOLEo
youtube.com/watch?v=MXRquDVH-BI
youtube.com/watch?v=4bAL1_ixYE8
youtube.com/watch?v=hxY9X4MVdVA
youtube.com/watch?v=0ORYP8HlWkc
youtube.com/watch?v=QkML_4j586Q
youtube.com/watch?v=IZe3rL0NiSk
djtguide.neocities.org/
djtguide.neocities.org/cor.html
desuarchive.org/int/search/subject/Daily Japanese Thread/
youtube.com/watch?v=qV0LHCHf-pE
youtube.com/watch?v=SviyTtAUKHU
eigo-online.net/?p=161
detail.chiebukuro.yahoo.co.jp/qa/question_detail/q1336252758
djtguide.neocities.org/guide.html
youtu.be/08M2v7DL3vc
youtu.be/xFa2jyIZk-c
youtu.be/HlX6aLIPTEk
youtu.be/QONONWQjk2E
youtu.be/o_36IAdluKc
youtu.be/2IZbzRj3CJk
youtube.com/watch?v=9a3sPzbG68I
youtu.be/TVuo-GRfmK8
youtube.com/watch?v=3ZxPHD6Ftgs&list=OLAK5uy_lUUJIQpoiPN1LnflUtT4W1wMRxc9YolGo&index=8
youtube.com/watch?v=XllVcdzIo5s
youtube.com/watch?v=xgMD6efugcU
youtube.com/watch?v=tRAFlaK_HZk&list=OLAK5uy_mALwit7Q5eQ_tOKkUwJVxaULy0O_EA1a4&index=2
youtube.com/watch?v=D-kLbkFHBDk&list=OLAK5uy_lXYbV1O8v-qZRnUS277zQu-ObPJLcfOZY&index=1
imabi.net/tableofcontents.htm
youtu.be/_1VS5mgUCRE.
youtu.be/OUcQUBnzpjk
youtu.be/ugmESp8KGZg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>good OP image

Attached: y_cool.jpg (276x183, 14.8K)

Attached: 1578302785375.jpg (204x500, 34.02K)

>川のほとりとか森の中でもプログラミングしましたか?
In cafes and libraries and coworking spaces. Wherever I could get wifi and was comfortable.

>あと、zoomってセキュリティ的にはどれくらい危ないかについて何か意見はありますか?
I haven't really read about it and still use zoom from time to time right now. Is it that big of a deal?

Attached: DXhW-oLVwAEu_J01.jpg (847x1200, 80.3K)

Which do I need to read the manga with the qt you guys are posting? :3 pic related

Attached: jlpt.png (385x146, 12.86K)

You need an online dictionary and a bit of patience.

Attached: DeVaKK6VMAAU7pN.jpg (847x1200, 76.83K)

N0
For what it's worth you will probably want to use the hiragana readings for some terms
>I want to be anonymous on the rest of Zig Forums
But why would you want to visit/post there :~)

修訂ありがとう!
>テレビでもyoutubeでもなくてラジオを聞いてるって素敵
テレビは10年前くらい捨ててた
ドイツの民法が広告ありの番組を受信する為に料金を導入した時にね
日本じゃニュースをよツベで見る?

ascii.jp/elem/000/004/010/4010369/
>興味深いことに、英国国防省は従業員にこのアプリの使用を禁止しています
私の職場のテレワークはskypeを使っています。
>I think it's N3? or you'd be that after finishing the series.
There used to be some pirate translation sites listing that one but it seems all of them were suddenly eradicated.

Attached: JAhy_ja.jpg (888x768, 110.11K)

is halloween actually a thing in Japan?

Attached: 1570125233403.png (387x550, 378.42K)

Is it actually useful though if you have to look up every word, or even every third word?

>テレビは10年前くらい*に*捨てた

>ドイツの民法が広告ありの番組を受信する為に料金を導入した時にね
日本だと最近ようやくNHKの受信料を問題視する政党が出てきました。なんか怪しげな連中だけどね。
>日本じゃニュースをよツベで見る?
まだみんなテレビで見てるとおもいますよ。
ただ新聞を読む人は大幅に減ったと思います。私もニュース記事はグーグルニュースとかで読んでます。

Attached: sata_doya.jpg (1200x675, 82.91K)

Its a time where sloots dress up and go to shibuya to get fucked by random guys

As much as it is in Germany I'd say.

Yes and you will absolutely look up every other word at the start.

Attached: 1574004407669.jpg (3541x5016, 804.29K)

Personally I don't appreciate it but yes it's been becoming a thing, especially in Tokyo.

Attached: dull.jpg (739x415, 23.57K)

just spent 25 minutes getting frusturated trying to read vertical japanese text only to realize i was reading it in the wrong direction

>if you have to look up every word, or even every third word?
when you start to get into reading, you will most likely not be able to avoid this anyway. but it will still be helpful if you keep going

okay I see, kind of figured that much

I will do 2k/6k for 1 or 2 months and get 1000 vocabulary or so before because I am at about 100. I like asking questions for the future though so I don't panic when I get there heh....

Is there any program to look up the words fast if it's a PDF manga?

Attached: 1486055344_tumblr_okq2m9U9Kv1qet0cro2_500.gif (500x281, 2.05M)

I've seen some OCR stuff in general but I never used them.

>get 1000 vocabulary or so before
you can try to start earlier than 1000 words though. it will be a pain either way, but you might be able to pick up a couple new words on the way and also learn how recognize/apply grammar rules that you have read about

>Is there any program to look up the words fast if it's a PDF manga?
personally I use JGlossator. you can combine it with OCR like Capture2Text. not sure if it's the best, but it works reasonably well

How much time do you guys devote to listening? I just like reading a lot more so I don't get enough listening practice. I've been trying to watch some slice of life anime without subs to catch my listening up.

Attached: 1577074094145.gif (196x218, 3.06K)

I listen to jpod101 in the car and casually watch some japanese subbed anime

I listen to sokoani.com/ and hibiki-radio.jp/description/priconne_re/
I also watch Anime but often with Japanese subtitles if available.
And I also still rip the audio from Anime I've been watching and put it on my phone to listen to it for at least 20-30 minutes every day before I fall asleep.

Attached: Dj_qdRmUUAEmvKs.jpg (897x1200, 97.9K)

Also youtube and hololive streamers, I tend to forget about that but I guess I still watch them semi often.

Attached: DUtvVc1VAAEy2X5.jpg (847x1200, 93.43K)

Which reminds me I should also listen to onsen.ag/program/kokuradio/ again now.
I forgot I wanted to do this.

Attached: 1570314843475.jpg (850x1204, 117.08K)

I'd recommend watching some reality tv with modern Japanese and mimicking sentences while watching it. Helps a ton with acquiring vocab and mastering grammar desu,

Terrace House is pretty good for that.

It has a lot of the kind of Japanese you'd hear on the streets talking to your peers if you're under 40.

care to elaborate?

I listened to 平成の最後の告RADIO last year and it was fun.
youtube.com/watch?v=8UPSaTl91E0

Do this but watch ロケみつ instead though.

Based jahy sama I should get back into that manga

>mimicking sentences while watching it. Helps a ton with acquiring vocab and mastering grammar
does that actually work? i see how it would improve your pronunciation, but grammar and vocab? hmmmm

>improve your pronunciation
My opinion is the other way around.
Speaking it loud would soak grammar rules into your brain and maybe vocabulary as well, but as for pronunciation... I hope so.

Attached: jahy_somtemp.jpg (320x320, 16.24K)

>soak
I think I should have said "drill" instead of that..
お先に失礼します

Attached: yotsu_sleep2.jpg (494x390, 33.8K)

mhmhm i will try it out sometime and see

また明日

Attached: Dhut34WVMAI12bW_large.jpg (2000x2000, 252.91K)

you get to hear how natives use grammar outside of a textbook environment, just like with reading, and you start recognizing what grammar constructions and expressions sound natural in dofferent situations

yes sure, but how would repeating it out loud be a surplus when it's not about pronunciation?

Well, yes. When you watch something and you hear and speak the words you are more likely to pick up entire phrases in context which might mean you will be able to use them in context as well or if you see the words you've know from context you will learn them a lot easier.

but i could do the same with reading material to some degree, no? except for hearing the correct pronunciation

It's not just about pronunciation when you say things out loud. If you learn purely from textbook without actually saying things and then go into IRL situation where you actually have to talk, most likely you will shut down because you over analyze shit because you dont know words or sentences that are good for real without any analysis. Like, if you watch an English TV show and you hear someone say a phrase, you can be sure it is an understandable phrase without analyzing it's grammatical structure in your head. I noticed I overanalyze grammar and fuck up conversationally purely because of that. Once I got simply used to saying things in Japanese my output significantly improved at once.

it's not like i disagree with you, you know.
>If you learn purely from textbook
but no one here does that. or do you mean "purely reading"?
>Like, if you watch an English TV show and you hear someone say a phrase, you can be sure it is an understandable phrase without analyzing it's grammatical structure in your head.
yes, but i think that is valid even without repeating these things out loud
>I noticed I overanalyze grammar
>Once I got simply used to saying things in Japanese my output significantly improved at once.
ok, I think i understand what you mean now

なぜ外人はこの事をしてい?

Attached: dd05a8bb.png (700x650, 525.74K)

>出生前診断
しゅっしょうまえしんだん
しゅっしょうぜんしんだん
しゅっせいぜんしんだん

Attached: sdfnm.png (356x495, 240.85K)

how long is an anki 'day'? 24hrs?

I did it yesterday around 11:30pm and at 9pm today I was able to do it

uh you can set the time for a "new day" in the settings

24h, check your settings for when it starts

Sweet found it, I'm very new to anki, thanks

sometimes I had 2 waves of reviews in Anki, so it doesn't come up at the same hour. I think the fresh ones always take full 24h or sth.

Iirc 出生s reading had its own note in imabi
>Why would read まえ there

>Why would read まえ there
Because I heard a newscaster read it as まえ

Did you uncap your repetitions? Did you have leftover/undone repetitions?

Yes. No.
I had let's say 80 kanji to review in the morning and then 20 in the evening from the previous day

I seriously love reading japanese even though I understand 1/10000 words and have to skip every kanji. It's still so fun >:3

Attached: EW1pBkzU4AAc603.jpg (813x1200, 183.37K)

what do you mean by "morning"? whats your "next day starts at" time?

It was like midnight (00:00-02:00)

if you do your reviews at 1am and the "next day" for anki starts at 4 am you will have new review after 4 am

Attached: 1584456948640.png (631x46, 23.47K)

ikr, but I had the new ones after 24h for some reason

think you might have messed up something then, never happened to me before

>and have to skip every kanji
Do you skip kanji or vocabulary?
If it's the latter, then stop.

音楽 youtube.com/watch?v=fQrPY5aJIXI

I can't read them so I look at them and then just move on ahead to the kana. It's gonna be a lot of fun when I do understand and can read mostly everything. But as of right now I'm just really enjoying reading japanese tweets which I already did before I decided to actually learn the language because I can it sound like words from a few thousand hours of anime experience

Hmm, so the best time to set it is like 5am or whenever you will probably be asleep? I wanted to do it at midday but I had to wait till 7 I guess.

I don't think that you will be learning much that way.

I'm not trying to, I'm simply reading stuff on my feed. To learn I follow the guide

youtube.com/watch?v=vj-26uJ9wXY
よぉおぉぉぉぉぉぉぉぉぉお!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=b7dmM-QMkmg
よぉおぉぉぉぉぉぉぉぉぉぉぉぉぉぉぉぉぉぉぉぉぉぉぉお!!!

>テレビは10年前くらい*に*捨てた
その「に」が絶対に必要?特に時を表す場合には助詞がなくてもいいんじゃない?
>なんか怪しげな連中だけどね。
立花氏は最初にいいやつに見えた
残念ながら政治家は所詮政治家なんだな
ドイツの公共放送局が割といい仕事してるからドイツの受信料に反対しないが
彼の言ってた事がまともだったと思う

>百 is a sideways '100'
heh

Probably because it's from 出生の前の診断, so you'd read it まえ, even in 出生前診断.

yes i set it to 4am because i will be asleep and all reviews will by done before 4am

What's the meaning of でもやろう?

whats a good game off the current steam sale that i can play for japanese practice? im thinking of a few titles but im scared the language or grindiness of jrpgs will turn me off

have you ever watched something in a language you don't understand just with jap subtitles?

currently watching pic related, but I get the feeling the subtitles don't convey a lot of the nuances of the language

without any context ~but/even so let's do it~

Attached: 2a96f7a0-8b67-11e9-a346-e9345e820aac_800_420.png (800x420, 602.44K)

やろう is the volitional form of やる, でも is used when youre suggesting a noun but dont want to exclude other options, like お茶でも飲みたい = i want tea (but it you have sonething else thats ok too)

デモ野郎?

Attached: img_129e5cc64734c999573494074afe9da6288084.jpg (1024x687, 290.61K)

idk about steam sales, but what about a normal game with a good japanese translation?

though not something like sekiro where everyone talks like they're in some homeric epic or are otherwise stiff and old fashioned

stardew valley?

>you can set the steam language for FFXIII to Japanese
>the game is stillin English
That was a waste of fucking time. Time to get a refund.

Attached: DwHWoEBUUAApICT.jpg (503x710, 57.08K)

Japanese subs and dubs are shit, they translate everything into animespeak.

Japanese and western games is a dangerous combination.
All too often they try to jew Japanese off on the language and only include the audio (which the weebs want) while leaving the interface out (which the Japanese and fucks like us could use) in PC versions.

Depends on the quality. Witcher 3 has an amazing translation that sounds right out of your typical 100 episode NHK period drama set in Europe.

Yeah, kinda dumb of me to post without context.
Thanks, your example with demo is what I needed.
殺ろう

>All too often they try to jew Japanese off on the language and only include the audio (which the weebs want) while leaving the interface out (which the Japanese and fucks like us could use) in PC versions.
This used to be true but recently this has improved by a ton. No Japanesegame I've seen that got listed after 2018 on Steam has had this issue, you can just play it entirely in Japanese.
However the older games are often lost causes and it's a shame.

Attached: photo_2020-04-30_18-16-41.jpg (873x1280, 320.66K)

i have stardew valley and undertale installed in japanese because ive heard the translations are good, i have yet to try them out though. i just thought id get something else since theres a lot of jp games on sale now and i feel like wasting money, so why not get some practice out of it? i'm probably just gonna buy a VN or something in the end

皆は何してるか

hmm, another pole here
I have stardew valley and I did everything in it, but in English. maybe it's time to replay in Japanese? cool idea, thanks

慰安婦語読めるか

Sure, but people don't play just the new ones. As in your? experience with FF13.

lmao
but that is it? koreans just being angry at japanese for being a colony as per usual

劣等韓ってやつ

Being salty is the Korean national sport.

Attached: 1383503952394.jpg (811x780, 88.79K)

where do i find more music like this?

it's pretty gud

They were (are? I don't know) complaining about Japan's export restrictions against Korea such as Ultra High Purity Hydrofluoric and photoresist which are used for making a semiconductor but also could be used for making Weapons of mass destruction
These products need to be examined when Japan export it to other countries because it could be absolutely dangerous product after all.
But such a examination takes too much time so Japan set a few White Country that don't be required examination.
Korea was White Country but their management for those products were absolutely unreliable and there was concern that those products were sold to North Korea.
So Korea wasn't more White Country and they were seething about that and developed No Japan demo.
So they were basically boycotting Japanese product to get the Japanese product.

>でもやろう
Watch out!
Someone is probably suggesting to kill someone, e.g.
>あいつでも殺ろうか?

nighty

Attached: 1567531526724.jpg (428x464, 54.79K)

youtube.com/watch?v=QB5neGOqMXc

Attached: [Erai-raws] Princess Connect! Re-Dive - 03 [1080p][Multiple Subtitle].mkv_snapshot_16.49_[2020.04.21_02.36.10].jpg (1920x1080, 223.45K)

>出生の前の診断
Googling doesn't return any results for it ever being referred to that way
>you'd read it まえ, even in 出生前診断.
But you wouldn't~~

In the OP that you fucked up again

DJT is a Japanese language learning thread for むっつりスケベ共 that are interested in the language, anime, manga, visual novels, light novels and Japanese video games
Japanese speakers learning English are welcome as well

Very important links:
youtube.com/watch?v=x4xCSVl833I
youtube.com/watch?v=qVTziXoSQOo
youtube.com/watch?v=3dXhycysmzM
youtube.com/watch?v=stXPXj09phU
youtube.com/watch?v=ZWiFDsqOLEo
youtube.com/watch?v=MXRquDVH-BI
youtube.com/watch?v=4bAL1_ixYE8
youtube.com/watch?v=hxY9X4MVdVA
youtube.com/watch?v=0ORYP8HlWkc
youtube.com/watch?v=QkML_4j586Q
youtube.com/watch?v=IZe3rL0NiSk

Read the Guide linked below before asking how to learn Japanese:
djtguide.neocities.org/
Check the Cornucopia of Resources before asking where to download X or Y:
djtguide.neocities.org/cor.html

Archive of older threads: desuarchive.org/int/search/subject/Daily Japanese Thread/

Previous Thread:

Attached: yakuza165.jpg (1920x1080, 337.78K)

why is djtguide still in the op? itazuraneko is just superior in every way

To trigger retards

fuck that's me

youtube.com/watch?v=qV0LHCHf-pE

youtube.com/watch?v=SviyTtAUKHU

寿限無、寿限無
五劫の擦り切れ
海砂利水魚の
水行末 雲来末 風来末
食う寝る処に住む処
やぶら小路の藪柑子
パイポパイポ パイポのシューリンガン
シューリンガンのグーリンダイ
グーリンダイのポンポコピーのポンポコナーの
長久命の長助

蛮婦

Attached: DLxiCAyU8AA_PVv.jpg (847x1200, 98.08K)

Attached: 1569947094883.png (422x454, 166.48K)

ついに彼らは用心しながら秒読みを開始した。
this sentence says finally they started the countdown cautiously, but how does the ながら give the meaning of cautiously?
does it have something to do with you cant add ー的 or に to modify the adjective

i was taught that ながら = while. しながら = する+ながら = while doing, so 用心しながら = while being cautious

Whilst 用心するing. Don't pay too much attention to the way it's translated but what it means instead

oh that makes sense. so its not necessarily directly modifying the word, it is used to show two actions at the same time. thank you!
so then, when you want to say cautiously you will have to consider using しながら, you cant modify it so simply

>ボブは魚が好きだ。
why does Tae Kim use が here? what would it mean if I used は? can there be two topics in the same sentence?

XはYがZ = "X Z's Y" is a very common structure that you kinda just get used to. desu i wouldn't worry too much about picking apart in detail what the grammar rules behind a sentence are, you develop a natural intuition for it just from exposure, much like how you learn your first language

ボブは魚は好きだ would be grammatically incorrect, but i can't tell you why other than that it just feels incorrect to use the topic marker twice

日本語スレにくだらない絵を貼られる。
それすら教材にしてしまう貪欲さがス・テ・キ。

暑い蛮婦

Attached: jah_cold.png (629x806, 398.52K)

ok i'm somewhat awake

その絵のおかげで「こぶし」の意味を学んだww

No blogging

目くじら立てない

Attached: 336E8799-85E0-4FD3-875B-D02F0C3A7A66.jpg (680x581, 52.18K)

Both are correct you're just a retard

Why would it be "魚は好き" and not "魚を好き"?

あなたはそういう罵詈雑言はマメにポストするね

Attached: 63578F92-4379-4716-968D-8F657852FA1D.jpg (554x554, 29.83K)

It is not ungrammatical to use topic markers more than once. It's just that topics are nested.

>ボブは魚は好きだ。
[As for ボブ, [as for 魚, he likes it.]]

Similar examples:
>私は英語は好きでしたが、成績はクラスの中で下から数えた方が早かったです。
eigo-online.net/?p=161

>[...]ただ今は日本では本は売れないんですよね、あんまりマーケットの魅力を感じないのと、[...]
detail.chiebukuro.yahoo.co.jp/qa/question_detail/q1336252758

>not "魚を好き"
好き is not a verb

Oh right

thanks for clarification, i guess using は twice there is just a less common choice that depends on the context. i need to read moar

take the hostility to /jp/s djt

Stop giving advice trash
djtguide.neocities.org/guide.html

just ignore the polak, he is only looking for attention while trying to sabotage your progress

thanks fren, i will do that

Attached: 1564369489721.png (800x600, 895.08K)

Isn't it about introduction of something new vs talking about an established topic?
ボブは魚が好きだ ~ what Bob likes is fish
ボブは魚は好きだ ~ fish is something Bob likes
approximating, of course

sounds about right. i've always gotten the impression the first one is more general and can be used as a straightforward "bob likes fish" statement, while the second seems appropriate for established topics as i just learned

>Isn't it about introduction of something new vs talking about an established topic?
I am not quite sure of the nuance of English but..
>ボブは魚が好きだ ~ what Bob likes is fish (sounds correct. The listener hasn’t known What Bob likes before the conversation and the speaker is simply telling that fact)
>ボブは魚は好きだ ~ fish is something Bob likes ( ‘at least’ as for fish, that’s something Bob likes. It implies the Bob may dislike things other than fish, or the speaker doesn’t know if Bob likes things other than fish. And it sounds like the speaker is focusing on the information of fish being something Bob likes)

>ボブは魚は好きだ
i think this could possibly imply that bob likes fish as opposed to other stuff (e.g. meat).
while the first one simply states bob likes fish without any implications

>その「に」が絶対に必要?
これはね、無いと不自然だね。でも
>>テレビは10年ぐらい前(に)捨てた
だと省略しても大丈夫("ぐらい"の方が自然です)。でも会話じゃない時は省略しない方が良いね。
助詞の省略は感覚的な所が大きいと思う。俺にはちょっと説明できない。ごめんね。
正直、
>>テレビィ?10年前ぐらい捨てたよォ!!
みたいに言われると受け入れてしまいそうでもあるし。
>残念ながら政治家は所詮政治家なんだな
なんかかっこいいセリフですね..

Goodmorning

Attached: Shirogane.Naoto.full.1110654.jpg (1000x1200, 563.45K)

"見事ゆえ…"
What's yue doing here? Just making it sound fancier?

Is there a good flashcard program that isn't SRS like Anki?

I don't understand the meaning very well. Can this be used as in six days from now and stuff? or only 6th day of the month?

Attached: fRBGK7K.png (374x196, 7K)

I want to start learning Japanese but I don't always have access to a PC. Are there any good Android applications I could use for this?
All the reccomendations I hear are always for Windows or assume you'll be using a PC for it so I'd like some suggestions that keep in mind that the only thing I can use is an Android phone for this.

did you do some research before asking?

you can use anki on android, it's called ankidroid I think. dictionaries and such are also available. you can read grammar guides and manga on your tablet. so I guess it will work

There's too much chinese when I google kanji.

lame excuse t b h

Fair, probably should've asked in a discord. But some user said he was happy the threads hit their limits so perhaps I am making some person happier by asking here :)

Without regular access to a PC, I'd probably do what he said, as well as find a good beginner textbook.
Also, I dono how phones and podcasts work, but I assume well, so I highly recommend Learn Japanese Pod and Japanese Pod 101. If it's troublesome on the phone, Mp3 players are pretty cheap nowadays, and you can download on the occasion you can use a computer. Listen over and over when working out or commuting or whatever.
Good luck

this thread is NOT for spoonfeeding. you should at least be able to do your own research.

poast contexst

Both, as the card says.

この本を読むのに六日かかった。
It took me six days to read this book.

私の誕生日は来月の六日だ。
My birthday is next month on the sixth.

Attached: 1585932855678.jpg (281x339, 15.75K)

Attached: y_salute2.png (240x240, 19.59K)

>受け入れてしまいそう
間違ってるのに眉をひそめる程じゃないという意味?
>なんかかっこいいセリフですね..
ありがとう(?)
流石に「NHKをぶっ壊す」に叶わないけどな(笑)

bump

>“Because” it’s superb, like “だから”

>making it sound fancier?
Yes, it sounds archaic.

youtu.be/08M2v7DL3vc
youtu.be/xFa2jyIZk-c

I'm bored, post good jap rap

Attached: 1308495849689.jpg (126x121, 2.87K)

>good jap rap
cho erode gomenne
youtu.be/HlX6aLIPTEk

original
youtu.be/QONONWQjk2E

that was terrible

youtu.be/o_36IAdluKc

>that was terrible
えーマジで?
じゃあこれは?
youtu.be/2IZbzRj3CJk
ラッパーの日本語の滑舌が良いから日本人にとっては結構耳触りが良いと思う

i think they are all weird, but has its moments

Thanks

youtube.com/watch?v=9a3sPzbG68I

not too bad

I wish I could find the lyrics to this one youtu.be/TVuo-GRfmK8
this is still kinda my endboss when it comes to listening

Attached: 1551287359209.gif (303x357, 543.71K)

hehe yes

Not a big hiphop guy, so I'll do this instead.
>Indie rock: youtube.com/watch?v=3ZxPHD6Ftgs&list=OLAK5uy_lUUJIQpoiPN1LnflUtT4W1wMRxc9YolGo&index=8
>Powerviolence: youtube.com/watch?v=XllVcdzIo5s
>Shoegaze youtube.com/watch?v=xgMD6efugcU
>OSDM youtube.com/watch?v=tRAFlaK_HZk&list=OLAK5uy_mALwit7Q5eQ_tOKkUwJVxaULy0O_EA1a4&index=2
>Deathgrind: youtube.com/watch?v=D-kLbkFHBDk&list=OLAK5uy_lXYbV1O8v-qZRnUS277zQu-ObPJLcfOZY&index=1

Attached: churchburner.jpg (231x218, 6.88K)

Attached: 1571643507711.png (963x720, 602.03K)

I'm giving yours a shot; it's not bad! I haven't really listened to much Japhop before

Attached: 笑顔.png (600x440, 150.39K)

c
imabi.net/tableofcontents.htm

Since you seem to be the biggest proponent of Imabi here, I have a question. Did you put an conscious effort into remembering the lessons or just read and tried to understand them. I got to lesson 350 and remember almost none of the stuff that I rarely encounter in actual reading.

>I wish I could find the lyrics to this one
I couldnt find it. All i got from Google is her name was 姫, and the title was 不夜城, and the rap was something relating to ps2 game 'the fast and the furious', and her other rap was youtu.be/_1VS5mgUCRE.
Thats it. Most of the lines are not so difficult. So if you keep learning Japanese, I bet you will get to know most of them eventually. (((I dont comprehend all of them; I get most tho. )))

Tbh, I put the stuff which I knew I was going to forget, but still would be useful, into anki. (Though I would not recommend using the Anki imabi deck)

her other raps
youtu.be/OUcQUBnzpjk
youtu.be/ugmESp8KGZg
2bh she doesnt suit average Japanese taste.

>間違ってるのに眉をひそめる程じゃないという意味?
私の知り合いが『テレビ?10年前ぐらい捨てたよそんなんww』って言ってるところを想像したらあまり違和感がなかったので多分受け入れるだろうと思いました。
あと、古い漫画で主婦が
>8時ぐらいンなったときですねぇ…
のようなセリフを話してた記憶があるので、"に"が”ん”に置き換えられて、その発音がすごく弱くなって実質省略されることはあるかもしれません。どのみち、話し言葉だけで使うものだと思います。文字にして書くと違和感を感じます。
NHKの番組は観てますか?
私はあまり観てないのに視聴料を払っているので、あなたが観ているのならあなたの分の料金を払っているんだと思う事にします。

Attached: 1565079973000.jpg (436x586, 54.53K)

Is there no textbook stuff needed? I hate memorizing how to say what time it is or something. Reading makes me want to learn but the thought of memorizing how to say certain things via genki route or other text books really put me off.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (901x714, 85.67K)

To add onto that, yes I can read Kim tae and to anki I think that's fine and quite satisfying to do, but will I still be able to say stuff properly with that and then reading?

Are you planning to learn how to speak Japanese before learning to understand it?

you can always learn more formal stuff later on when it doesn't feel like much of an effort anymore

you're not in school, so why the fuck should it be necessary to read the clock etc. before learning the things you enjoy

I guess most people here study without textbooks

>but will I still be able to say stuff properly with that and then reading?
you will be able to produce proper sentences at some point, but actually speaking to people will be something completely different I think

I'm not planning on speaking much at all.
Does this mean one has to learn it through that? I'm totally fine when it's not an effort anymore, which it definitely would be right now. Is it not possible to learn through knowing the vocab and grammar then putting it together or is it just unnecessarily hard?
I kind of meant saying stuff as in chats, but I don't think I will be chatting or speaking very much in japanese at all.

I don't even know what these questions are about any more. Learn whatever you want using the resources you prefer. That's all.

Attached: DdwsLF6VQAAipfs.jpg (878x1200, 90.59K)

What can ほどほどにしやがる mean?

>あっちのがすいどうがちかい
I know I should read more grammar, but why 「あっちのが」 instead of 「あっちのは」? Does this double が work the same as the double は?

Attached: yostuba_13_031.jpg (822x605, 167.53K)

just how hard is it to just write a few words about the context for once

Attached: 1423147638923.gif (175x128, 88.82K)

今日もコンビニに行っただけで一日が終わりました。そして今日は暑かったです。
多分これからは暑くなる一方です。
そう言えばエルフの最新刊ってメデューサがラーメン食べに行く話がある巻より後の巻ですか?だったら持ってないので明日買いに行きます。

Attached: IGottaBeAFatWoman.png (887x1200, 344.29K)

>why あっちのが
i think the が puts emphasis on "that park over there" and also she is introducing new information. not sure though

>Does this double が work the same as the double は?
oh also what do you mean exactly?

>今日もコンビニに行っただけで一日が終わりました。そして今日は暑かったです。
It's very cold and rainy here and it annoys me a bit.

>そう言えばエルフの最新刊ってメデューサがラーメン食べに行く話がある巻より後の巻ですか?だったら持ってないので明日買いに行きます。
Yes that was in the last volume. The new one has a lot of beach volleyball.

Attached: 1578922973673.png (499x720, 356.19K)

>ほどほどにする
Do it moderately / Don't make it excessive.
And
>ほどほどにしやがる
sounds like the person being mentioned intentionally does it moderately while what the speaker actually wanted is making it excessive and there is the speaker's antagonistic feeling implied, as auxiliary verb やがる implies contemptuous or antagonistic feeling of the speaker toward what he is mentioning.

I'm wondering about whether the sentence is correct
>あっちのはすいどうがちかい
>As for the one there, water is near
>あっちのがすいどうがちかい
>The one over there is (water is near) (???)

Attached: 1586871135738.jpg (283x314, 26.42K)

砂場 is already established as the theme of the conversation, so あっちのがいいの and あっちのがすいどうがちかい makes it sound like an ongoing list of arguments why あっちの is the better sandbox

>NHKの番組は観てますか?
>私はあまり観てないのに視聴料を払っているので、あなたが観ているのならあなたの分の料金を払っているんだと思う事にします。
NHKは凄く"おま国"です。海外から一切見られないようになってます。
逆にドイツのARDやZDFは海外にも普通に色んな番組が見られます、Deutschlandfunkも聞こえます
NHKはおま島さえもしますし。地上波が届かない所に住んでると日本国内にさえもネットを通じても見られません、聞こえませんよ

私は毎月ドイツの受信料2千円前後払ってます。受信機が家に一個もありませんのに
義務です、払わないと刑務所への直行便です。

Thank you.
By the way, shouldn't it be してやがる?

>It's very cold and rainy here and it annoys me a bit.
It could rain a little more, if you ask me. I can do without a third dry year in a row.

Thanks! I guess technically she should have added a の
やがる is added to the -masu stem of a verb

I see, thanks.