Land of the free

Do Americans really?

Attached: IMG_20200522_131555.jpg (1080x2200, 820.85K)

Rent free & Obsessed

USA USA USA

rent free

>USA USA USA

Attached: 1590165465460.png (295x417, 110.98K)

rent freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

kek, i thought americlaps were all about minding their own business

something similar happened when i was in erasmus near wolverhampton in england, guy ended moving because he refused to maw the lawn.

Gordo Pardo sudaccas be like....

obsessed

Ok Zhang

>lazingness
>your dragging
Can Americans really not write a short note without mistakes?

On your own property, but if you're buying a plot in a neighborhood then the Home Owners Association (which you a part of as a homeowner) will decide things democratically in neighborhood meetings (you think I'm memeing, I'm not). If you choose to be part of a neighborhood you have to maintain the upkeep of your house and land to not drop the property value of your neighbor's houses, so it's a group effort. More caveats include:
1.I have to choose a paint color from the neighborhood color scheme, and then get it approved by two neighbors.
2.The tree in front of my house is on the other side of the sidewalk, so it is on government land (by the roadway) and is owned by the city. I don't need to trim the low branches though as they will maintain it for me.
3. I can't use a window A.C. as it looks aesthetically unappealing.
4.I cannot grow crops in the front of my home (or the back for some homes. Sides are Ok. Potted plants woukd be acceptable however.)

Basically, if you want to do whatever you want just own your land.

>No not my property value, anything but that!

Attached: 3m87ls.png (427x394, 228.77K)

Yes, until it affects our own finances

Living in a homeowner's association is like renting a house from a faceless bureaucratic tyrant and is antithetical to the entire idea of property ownership and they should be abolished.

Ok Zhang

Lazingness? Really?

Why do americans write capitalized? Are they all 8 years old?

My dad does that. Must be a boomer thing.

Homeowners Associations for houses (for condos they make sense because they're literally on top of each other in the same building) are the antithesis of freedom. It's like the worst part of capitalism (contracts are magical with unlimited powers) and communism (every action must be managed by bureaucracy) combined.

It's because they are ANGERY

this, but not all neighborhoods have them

Some HOAs are good, Some HOAs are bad, some are neutral. As long as it's not autistic then it's typically nice. Got pool renevations done a few years back. Sadly now the money is all going to the tennis court because my neighborhood's filled with fucking Asians.

We used to have chickens, but our HOA made us get rid of them.
Seriously, FUCK HOAs.

This is why HOA's are good. I'd have to wake up to roosters everyday at the break of dawn and smell the coop if I'm downwind. Now the chicken hobbyists will move to a different neighborhood that doesn't have an hoa, and I don't have to have bubba as my neighbor.

I wouldn't ever want to live in a modern housing development. Older neighborhoods in the actual city are the best so long as it isn't in the literal ghetto. You may be closer to more poopskins but at least many things like a gas station or store are usually in walking distance and there aren't HOAs and the houses usually have SOVL and aren't cardboard copypasta.

All HOAs are bad, if you buy a house it should be yours to do what you want with it as long as it doesn't break any city state or federal laws, you shouldn't have to pay a non-government entity hundreds of dollars a month to dictate what you can and can't do with your own property.

>1.I have to choose a paint color from the neighborhood color scheme, and then get it approved by two neighbors.
literally worse than communism

Attached: 1558748639769.jpg (634x685, 87.74K)

This is why our houses are worth $500,000 and yours is worth $5000

Truly a commie country

Our chickens never bothered anybody, dickhead. And they're not any noisier than, say, a dog.

I once had a neighbour that kept a fucking rooster. I wish there had been a HOA to get rid of that.