Are there unironically more French speakers in Africa than in Europe nowadays?

Attached: 300px-Francophone_Africa.png (300x323, 65.31K)

>nowadays
it's been the case for many decades

Is it surprising to you? France was a colonial powerhouse.
There are more French speakers outside of France than inside just as there are more Spanish speakers outside of Spain and there are more English speakers outside of Britain

Yes, same for English.

media wise, it doesn't feel like it as most French speakers are still stereotyped as the blonde Pierre with a funny hat type

and most south africans are portrayed as wypipo boers even though they are 8% of the population
media only rots your brain

Why is there a tendency to be reductive and rely on stereotypes? People literally have the near total human knowledge on immediate access

What the fuck are you talking about ??? France colonized Africa harder than any other European nation it's why so many Africans speak French

But wouldn't they want to speak English instead?

Have the French ever even been stereotyped as blonde?

Their stereotype is that they're swarthier with darker features.

no

Yes.

And with the exploding natality, the world will be drown under french-speaking africans for the next years.

You are welcome.

Pendez les blancs!

Many of them want to switch to English and cut their ties with France. First Rwanda switched from French to English, and now the DR Congo recently requested accession to the East African Community. They don't want anything to do with FrancAfrique. Macron is trying to promote the French language and the Francophonie their but I don't think it's working. It's a smart move by the DRC. Countries like Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda and Kenya are the future of the African continent.

France is rapidly losing influence in french-speaking Africa. I don't know if most of these countries will be speaking French in the future.
Young Africans really really hate France.

Attached: main-qimg-4f7245fee06e89e6be88336e0d532720.png (602x602, 170.81K)

You should hear their French

why are americans so stupid?

>Rwanda and DR Congo
Those were Belgian colonies, not French, dumbo.

>Young Africans really really hate France.
Have you ever even set foot in Africa?

There are more africans in france than french people

Ftfy

What does it sound like?

wrong, I read Zig Forums and French speakers are seen as nigs and sandnigs at the same time, and their name is Mohammed Ngubu, and are all Zig Forums brained

more exactly, they speak some French pigdin mixed with some local languages and slangs

Why are there more Spanish speakers in South america than in europe nowdays?

>the world
France, Belgium and Canada*

what the fuck are you talking about? when does anyone talk about francophones as a group?
why do you even try to post

Attached: 1575901929085.png (690x518, 142.68K)

Well, there are more monkeys speaking Portuguese than Portuguese people nowadays.

>Those were Belgian colonies, not French, dumbo.

It doesn't matter if they were a Belgian colony. They speaking french and because of that France is trying to bring them into their sphere of influence so that they can plunder their natural resources.

>Have you ever even set foot in Africa?

LMAO. I am an African (Indian-Ugandan). So yes I know what I'm talking about. I've been to Senegal and Cote d'Ivoire, and I regularly keep in contact with Francophone Africans.

Don't bullshit. Those guys absolutely hate you. The hate is now spreading to English speaking countries in Ghana, Nigeria, and eastern African.

We don't like you and that's a fact.

INB4 I was a tourist in Gambia and they treated me nicely.

Attached: e0mh8fl8fla31.jpg (667x670, 30.19K)

As a second language yes, as a first language I don't think so. In many African countries people just speak their local languages and French serves as the lingua franca between the different ethnicities.

I don't see the DRC giving up French anytime soon, it's one of the countries with the most speakers both in total and relative terms, with both numbers increasing.

> I am an African (Indian-Ugandan)
I'm sorry for you.
>Those guys absolutely hate you.
Yep, until it's actually time to bail them out for the nth time.

lol you speak my language

>you speak my language
but soon most americans will speak his :')

Attached: ayy caramba.png (740x489, 221.93K)

"""French"""

>blonde Pierre
that's not even true in France wtf

who gives a shit what niggers think

DR Congo is joining the EAC. They'll have to adopt Swahili and English. What's the point speaking French? So they can get raped by France? Do business with French colonies like Gabon and Cameroon? Come on.

DRC borders East African states. East Africa is the fastest growing region in Africa. I think they will eventual switch to English and Swahili like Rwanda did. France is just bad news for Africa. I don't blame DRC for turning towards the great lakes region.

Attached: 4-Figure2-1.png (1034x616, 299.77K)