I am a senior manager within a company which has seen a small foray in to third world markets. For the past few months...

I am a senior manager within a company which has seen a small foray in to third world markets. For the past few months, the GM has been exploring moving into China with our “unique” product. I have been struggling as to the best way to table my objection, but when asked for feedback in a recent management meeting, I just took the opportunity.

I asked if he was aware of what China was currently doing; with the Uighurs, Hong Kong and Taiwan, their belligerence with neighbouring states and those bordering the South China Sea. The forcing of behavioural practices on foreign companies – within those foreign companies’ home borders no less.

He was not aware of these issues.

In order to best provide context, I asked hypothetically (and with the benefit of hindsight), would he entertain doing business with Germany in 1935? Knowing that the small network of concentration camps that would ultimately lead to the holocaust had already started to take form. That Nazi Germany had begun its threats of war and annexation as a matter of foreign policy. Was stealing technology and leveraging political and military strength to distort markets at the benefit of its business sector.

Clearly, he said, he would not.

I elaborated further on each of these comparisons. Each instance can be argued as comparatively worse; with higher body counts, greater leverage, and less avenues for recourse from the global community (militarily, politically, economically) when compared with options available against Nazi Germany.

Attached: 1561852355984.png (320x213, 2.24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/gallery/Q2jZfNi
youtu.be/iQdDRrcAOjA
youtu.be/rvVMCIEanm8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I pressed further, putting to the group that armed with the knowledge of scope and scale of their egregious actions, what ethical and moral values are we abiding by engaging economically with China? In any such engagement, why do we think we’d have power over our own values, when even large corporations must willingly sacrifice them to stay in the Chinese market? The room responded promisingly, if not slightly sheepish and defensive (to the lack of awareness, and subsequent ethical questions).

China opening to Western commerce was supposed to allow us to export Western values. Instead, their sheer market power, and the greed for corporates to profit in that market, is enabling them to export fascism to the West, and their influence is spreading.

I am fortunate enough to have influence and standing within the company I work for, and so I used it to take a stand on the issue of the CCP, their abuses and their stifling, insidious influence on western values. I’m not asking for a pat on the back. I am simply sharing my experience and hope it may encourage others who have the opportunity to do the same.

based kiwi fren

Tell them that China will copy IP and your "unique" product will soon appear for $5 on aliexpress.

imgur.com/gallery/Q2jZfNi
nooooo! stay HOME!

Incredibly based

Which subreddit did you get this from?

lol

at least china pays people to post propaganda

this sucker is doing it for five eyes for free

>PROS: Money
>CONS: Faggots like you will cry about it
Difficult business decision.

>lol
>at least china pays people to post propaganda
>this sucker is doing it for five eyes for free

Attached: E4E59ACE-45F0-491A-9336-75DEF8465D94.png (537x571, 13.65K)

tl;dr dude, summarize.

>OP: Would you help le Empire in Star Wars to build Death Star, boss?
>Boss: No.
>OP: China is the Sith, boss!
>Coworkers: OH NOES! WOKE!
youtu.be/iQdDRrcAOjA

There were only two sith not a 1,5 billion tho

Gtfo with that reddit shit

See! China is even worst, boss!

You literally can’t sell anything in China as a foreigner. Chinks will reverse engineer your product and sell it themselves.

Why the fuck haven’t boomers learned this already?

ITT: people failing to realize that OP is literally a Chink doing a false flag in order to instill the idea that "disliking China = reddit".

Attached: 1534021132078.jpg (340x320, 13.6K)

>"disliking China = reddit".
WOW I love leddddit now!

What's going on in this picture?

Attached: 1566223319186.jpg (960x572, 37.87K)

implying i give a shit what is reddit and what is 4reddit, china is a shithole and i dont care who is for or against it

>china is a shithole
how many potatoes you have , son?

Thing is, plebbit doesn't even dislike China or Chinks, they just dislike the CCP (or, more specifically, they dislike that the CCP hasn't whored itself out to western soyism like Japan and Worst Korea have).

The person in charge doesn't care. They'll get a bonus for cutting costs, and he'lll be long gone by the time the Chinks start spinning their knockoffs.

Attached: I don't see a problem here.jpg (1080x1078, 102.77K)

>

Attached: 1545939528949.jpg (1056x1247, 401.82K)

>Soya is bad!!! muh lo-tes!!! REEEEEE!!!!11
youtu.be/rvVMCIEanm8
you're pretending to be retard rite? china makes the best soya and soya based accessories.

>holy heckin BASED! I heckin LOVE doing a soyerino! doing a heckin RESPECT CHINA for making such great soy!

Attached: 1554606421613.png (644x800, 42.65K)

>China opening to Western commerce was supposed to allow us to export Western values

Attached: 1587515051158.jpg (1600x900, 157.49K)

based

Dude you are a sjw. You should be into making money not caring about how China’s oppresses other ethnics.

wypipo b like

Attached: westoids.jpg (960x933, 375.53K)

How come OP made 2 posts and disappeared?

Is this thread made to be screenshotted and then posted on other boards/Reddit/social media so it could spread?