Have you ever seen a setocerdito in the wild in your country?

Have you ever seen a setocerdito in the wild in your country?

Mexico
No :(

Attached: setocerdito.jpg (615x370, 57.83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wildlifeonline.me.uk/animals/article/european-hedgehog-food-feeding-behaviour-folklore
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

puto gordo chupavergas

Homo

no :(

no :(

Yeah
Sean some of them stepped on by cars
I want to tocuh one someday and rub his tummy
Maybe feed him carrot

>Sean some of them stepped on by cars
Wtf!

Yeah they walk the street and get smashed
I see alot of frogs and cats and dgos this way
Once my mother told me that she seen a shephard whos sheeps got smashed by cars while crossing the road

not in the wild, but I have one as a pet

Based

Why are Arabs so evil?
Cute. What are they called?

Attached: 1528575790085.png (821x869, 36.12K)

if you are talking about hedgehogs then yes, many, they are everywhere both in the city where I go to uni and in the rural village my family are from

i think they are cute but they are culturally bad luck
the old farmers in the pubs say that hedgehogs drink the milk out of cows and make the farmer lose money but my dad says thats not true

Attached: 1583134410761.jpg (466x350, 39.17K)

>hedgehogs
Yes, they are called setocerditos or setopuerquitos in Spanish.
> and in the rural village my family are from
What do they do in the village? Can you see them just walking around?
>i think they are cute but they are culturally bad luck
We don't have any superstitions about them as far as I know. And how would they be able to drink a cow's milk when they're so small?

Her name's Anita and she's 10 months old. Pic related is her, don't bully bc she's albino

Attached: .35.jpg (4032x3024, 673.85K)

you mostly see them at night, where if you go out with a flashlight you might surprise one as it tries to cross the road (they freeze up when surprised with light, like rabbits)
sometimes they get thirsty on hot days and just kind of lie on the ground until you give them some water and then they toddle off

i dont know what they do in the village, i havent asked

i found a source btw

wildlifeonline.me.uk/animals/article/european-hedgehog-food-feeding-behaviour-folklore

>Despite hedgehogs being lactose intolerant, they will readily consume cow’s milk and, in hisComplete Hedgehog, Les Stocker suggests that people who have reported hedgehogs ‘suckling’ from cows may have actually observed a hedgehog lapping at milk leaking from an udder. Indeed, Oliver Pike is more damning of reports suggesting hedgehogs take milk from cows, referring to them as ‘slander’ in hisWild Animals of Britain. Pike is clear in his belief that these stories represented nothing more than superstition, writing:

>“Quite the worst[superstition]is the idea that it will take milk from cows as they rest on the ground at night; nothing could be more ridiculous.”

>Whatever the reason behind hedgehogs being found around cow udders, the problem was apparently a serious one in the past. Stocker described how some medieval Britons would leave a bottle of home-brewed beer and a piece of cake out for the ‘farming fairy’ Old Nancy, who they believed could prevent hedgehogs from taking milk from their cows. If Old Nancy failed, hedgehogs were slaughtered in great numbers. Similarly, Stocker notes that Irish people often considered hedgehogs to be “Graineeogs” (“ugly ones”) that were witches in animal form; not only did they suckle from cows, but they also bewitched the livestock and caused their milk to dry up.

Cute!
Is she sensitive to light since she's albino? I used to have an albino budgerigar but he was fine with light
>(they freeze up when surprised with light, like rabbits)
Didn't know that. Must be a cute surprise if you encounter one in the night
>and just kind of lie on the ground until you give them some water and then they toddle off
They must be really accustomed to people if they just wait to be given water desu and there must be a lot of them. Sounds like the Japanese cat island but with setocerditos instead
>i dont know what they do in the village, i havent asked
Didn't you grow up there?

>setocerditos
Never heard anyone calling them like that

It's always interesting to know about this sort of thing desu. Pretty incredible that people thought they were witches cause they liked milk lol
>Stocker described how some medieval Britons would leave a bottle of home-brewed beer and a piece of cake out for the ‘farming fairy’ Old Nancy
So was this Old Nancy actually the village drunk?

Attached: 1582147799343.jpg (1278x1181, 107.86K)

Yes. Last time I was out drinking with a friend in a park and as we were leaving (it was already night) we noticed a little shadow running on the ground, ran up to it, surrounded it, and the poor thing totally froze in place. I turned on my phone light to see it better, and then the friend wanted to touch it with his shoe to see the reaction, but I convinced him not to, the hedgehog was probably scared shitless already, didn't need even more stress.

>they are culturally bad luck
that's so stupid, poor heđhogs :(

She doesn't like the light, but I think it's because I never got her used to it

Attached: 3252.jpg (750x1334, 140.04K)

>setocerdito
You mean "jeż", right?

>but I convinced him not to,
Cute. I hope they went to their home safely
>that's so stupid, poor heđhogs :(
Do people in Croatia have any superstition about setocerditos?
It's good that she lives indoors, then. I hope she's having a good night

Whomst

Attached: 05322.jpg (699x485, 68.45K)

fucking cringe, homo de shit
based

P

>Do people in Croatia have any superstition about setocerditos?
Not really, except that they love to commit suicide by walking over roads.

Yes, I've seen igelkottar a gorillion times

What do they do when they’re in the wild?

Hang out it piles of damp leaves, crawl under houses. People with a yard or lawn will usually take together big piles of fallen leaves in the autumn and put out a bowl of milk for them

>People with a yard or lawn will usually take together big piles of fallen leaves in the autumn and put out a bowl of milk for them
Pretty based

Attached: 61FD798E-EC18-46D9-B8D3-16775FEFB62C.jpg (201x219, 11.26K)

I seen they in wild, they like eat apples and mushrooms

Attached: hedgehog.jpg (1000x717, 116.45K)

What do you call them in Russian?