Have you actually ever seen one of these irl? I think I saw one only once, but I don't remember in what occasion

Have you actually ever seen one of these irl? I think I saw one only once, but I don't remember in what occasion

Attached: 1571498288969.png (1024x1024, 1.74M)

A bunch of slutty-looking underage gypsy girls bought me tickets with one when I worked at a movie theater. I don’t know how these people always have so much hard cash on them.

Yes I've seen them a few times when my father was going to buy or sell a motorcycle. He trades Ducatis

my grandma gave me a 500€ on my 18 birthday so yes

They are more common than €100 and €200 here at least. People straight up skip those and either use €50 or €500

yeah

>post-modernist kafka money

yea on my screen right now

I very rarely use cash, and when I do it comes from an ATM. ATMs only carry 10€, 20€, and 50€ notes so it’s rare to see anything above a 50

it's just used for money laundering here, the only people accepting these as payments resell them for a slight margin to people in need of a lot of compact lightweight cash, except first post who somehow accepted it

Twice. Once my father gave me 4000€ in them so I could store in the bank for him. It didn't work, because you have to fill all kind of forms for so large cash deposit, so I gave it back to him.
My grandmother had one laying around after her dead. My uncle showed it to us.

They're pretty rare and almost exclusively used by criminals.and old folks who don't know how net bank work, so no new ones are made anymore.

Yes, but it was 14 years ago. I was with my extended family on a road trip to northern Italy, and we were at this market in Urbino. We saw these beautiful cuts of meat, delicious cheese and plump olives, and we told the guy how much of each we wanted. The end sum was around 70 euros, so my cousin reached into her wallet and pulled out a 500 euros banknote. The guy's face was filled with confusion as he scrambled to collect the change from his cash register. It took him like five minutes, and a lot of walks between neighbouring stands till he managed to raise the sufficient amount of banknotes and coins, by the end, it felt like the whole market was looking at us.

No, probably only drug dealers use them. They shouldn’t exist because nobody uses them because we have a blue card. We are not in 1950 to pay in cash especially high prices.

When my mother took a loan to buy a car she told me she was full of them
I haven't ever seen them myself

They're being taken out of rotation because of that. It's a well established fact these are mainly used for money laundering and other criminal activities. A suitcase full of €500 bills is the most value you can stack inside, worth more than Dollars or Swiss Rupees

My parents give me a few of them like once a year

sure i once counted 50000€ cash by hand.

this, but it was my mom

1000 kronor (equivalent to 100 euro) is the highest bill here but I have never seen it even though I use cash all the time. ATMs only carry 500 kronor bills so I don't know where they could be.

Attached: 1000kr.jpg (348x145, 12.09K)

sure

Nobody except drug dealers accept these.

>I don’t know how these people always have so much hard cash on them.
do you really?

They’re not being issued any longer
200 is now the biggest one
But I’ve seen a few 500s

Wish we had $500 notes here. Had plenty of cash on my in the past and $100 notes just aren't big enough

never seen the new one, saw the old one a couple times though

They will just use next denomination then. How does this solve anything?

I havent seen paper money in years
Some places dont even accept it

>They're pretty rare and almost exclusively used by criminals
The actual reason 500€ notes were introduced is this. It's one way to compete against dollar, to become the currency of choice for black markets.

my grandmother gave me one after making my communion circa 2006

she also gave me a hugo boss wallet (it makes me laugh, I was 8, why did I need a big wallet)

I still have/use the wallet though

celtic tiger times

Yes, seen hundreds of them at once. On several occasions. My dad has cash in several currencies from around the world at home in large quantities.

Large purchase businesses have the 1000 kronor bill. My dad owns a boat dealership (among many things) and they get cash delivered/picked up by the bank. The 1000 bill is very common then.

Because Swiss Francs I think have the 2nd highest valued notes after the €500.