What's Long Island like

What's Long Island like

Attached: Long_Island_Landsat_Mosaic.jpg (2000x1000, 343.85K)

its long

Oirish working class, or at least that's what it was a generation ago. Watch a Hal Hartley movie.

Tell me which Hal Hartley movie I should watch

also an island

Short answer, suburbs and farms in between.

Long answer:

Long Island houses many of the wealthier workers of New York City, there's a train line that runs across it called the LIR. The island has seen many immigrant waves, Anglo, German, Irish, and Italian. You can find some swedes and Norwegians that dwell there. Other than that suburbs and farms in between.

his first four + Henry Fool (his masterpiece) are set in Long Island

PRIMO, como estan alla con el coronaviru?

Its the definition of suberbia. Traffic is horrible because so many people work in the city. Soccer and Lacrosse are more popular here than anywhere else in the country. Weather is pretty nice, we get all 4 seasons. It gets more rich and white the further east you go. It probably has one of the largest jewish communities in the country, theyre nice. The beaches on the southern shore are nice. The island was created by glaciers so its mostly sedimentary and flat, covered by forest and swamps.

Have you ever seen Gardiners island? It's an island privately owned by one family for 370 years. Pretty fascinating.

Attached: Gardiners_island_2007.jpg (2920x1930, 1.12M)

Imagine the appreciation.

Does this happen in your cunt?

Not really. The dude who bought that island paid some injuns a dog, ammunition and blankets for it. Not even joking

I've been as far as Huntington, but I've seen pics of Montauk (Which is the last town). They had some creature wash up a few years back.

Have you no interest in seeing the full length of long island? I would like to walk the full distance there some day, all the way up to the lighthouse.

WASP capital of america

You seem obsessed with long island. Trust me after an hour of walking you'll get bored. But it is 1000x better than touring nyc

ahah long island is looooong! we dit it reddit!

Have family in patchogue, used to visit a lot as a kid. We’d take a boat out to fire island and camp. I’d always get tick bites

Also all the houses are really old compared to most in the country. My grandmas house was well over 120 years old. It’s all very American with flags adorning front porches. There’s also a creepy amityville horror vibe to most houses. Best delis in the world are in Long Island, and a lot of the New York stereotypes are still alive and well there, good and bad

I live here. Ask Me Anything.

Maybe 200 years ago. You can still hear the old New York accent out east.

T. Native Lawn Guylander

I live there right now ama
fun fact: long island has more people on it than all of sweden

Guido or Mick?

wrong, its all italians and irish. There are wasp gatsby types but they live in a few communities on the north shore near the city. The wealthy jap jews live close by too

Not according to wikipedia.

german and irish mutt
you should add central american too, they've completely swarmed the middle island.

it doesn't count brooklyn or queens which are on LI as much as they deny it.
you're probably seeing just the pops from nassau and suffolk county.

>long island has more people on it
Based and onpilled. No local ever says "in Long Island.

I moved years ago...still miss it sometimes, other times I'm happy to have left.

Have ancestors there since the colonial days.

It’s an island and long

yeah everyone is leaving it seems, at least from the white areas of suffolk and nassau (which are the truest embodiment of american surburbia you can find) to go down south. I guess it makes sense, housing is getting crazy here.
pic related my hometown

Attached: northport.jpg (2560x1594, 884.42K)

Have fond memories of eating at Pumpernickels there.

I moved to Virginia. The quality of life is objectively better, but I miss fishing the great South Bay and such.

on* long island

That's better.

Nah. Queens, Brooklyn, Nassau and Schuffolk together don't come over Swedens population. Seems you operate on some outdated tidbit.

Yooooo you ate at pumps? That fucking place is still chugging along too kept afloat by townie drunkards. Great food though.
My mom moved to potomac md a few years ago and when I visit i hate how waspy/japy it is. I know Long island isnt supposed to be any better but it just seems more humble.

you right you right my mistake. I swear last time I checked swedens pop it was 8 mil.
Still for a 100 by 20 mile strip it's pretty packed, especially when about half of the eastern part is vineyards and farms.

The village lanterne in Lindenhurst was always better but my grandfather liked Pumpernickels.

Best German food was Niedersteins in Queens but they closed years ago.