Is Chicago a good place to live if you don't live in the nigger parts? If you just avoid the south side?

Is Chicago a good place to live if you don't live in the nigger parts? If you just avoid the south side?
Any Chicago bros here who can comment?

Attached: chi.jpg (318x159, 11.36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duck_Walk_Killer
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Is Chicago a good place to live if you don't live in the nigger parts? If you just avoid the south side?
>Any Chicago bros here who can comment?

Attached: 1524344298036.jpg (300x300, 46.67K)

Fitltered

Depends. The places up north by the lake can be very nice and also super WASPy. Evanston is full of dumb prudes but it’s nice neighborhoods and whatnot.

>Fitltered

Attached: 1543695265910.png (225x225, 8.26K)

I like Evanston but Northwestern is my dream school and I couldn't live there knowing I didn't get in. I'd kill myself driving past it

No. I was born there and still live there. Even in the best neighbourhoods you hear gunshots and shit.

Even in the north?

Yes, even near the lake there's bridges with homeless black dudes and if you just walk up or down 3 blocks you're in a ghetto.

Well I work and my wife works and we do pretty well for ourselves. So we'd probably get a home outside the city yet close enough to enjoy it and work in it.
How safe are the suburbs?

I don't know if growing up in the burbs polluted my mind but I didn't enjoy my time in the city. You can get everything in the city in the burbs but you also get some peace and quiet.

Which burb?

Joliet

There is an active serial killer in one of the fancy parts of north Chicago.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duck_Walk_Killer

I live in the suburbs of Chicago I love it here. I have no idea what will happen post-corona but at least pre-Corona it was amazing.

Kek
That's crazy

How far away is that from downtown if you were going to go there?

>41% white
>Median household income:$37,000
Do mutts really think this is fancy?

Attached: 1588653647741.jpg (660x574, 30.86K)

Dumbass
It's "fancy" compared to the absolute warzone that is the south side

Pretty far, it's about 45-50 minutes with no traffic and it could easily take 90 minutes to get there on weekdays before Corona. It used to be its own steel/prison town before it got absorbed by sprawl.

What is the whitest part of Chicago?
The gf (who is basically my wife) is probably gonna do grad school there and we want to know the best place to live

bump

Naperville/Aurora

>Aurora
Behehehehhe
No, this place is retarded. Pritzker is a faggot and Lightfoot is a meme. Don't do it.

T. Riverside/Brookfield

just live in the gay part

Kek, I lived in Rogers Park when that happened. People were freaking out. Flyers with low-res security camera photos of the killer were everywhere.

It's really not. Rogers Park has the lowest rents of any Lakeshore community on the North Side and is full of immigrants. It's mostly safe which is why two random civilians getting capped was a big deal.

Aurora is full of Mexicans. Naperville is rich whites and Asians.

what happens if you got to u chicago and live nearby. how do you live? is it really that bad?

by comparison i thought living in berkeley sucked. two blocks away from campus and its third world ghetto.

No, let us be

The neighborhood around U of C is fine and most students live there. Just don't go far south or west.

Which is? Gays are harmless

I've always wondered that. It's crazy how one of the best universities in the world is located in the middle of a murder zone