DJT - Daily Japanese Thread #2393

DJT is a language learning thread designed by and for those studying the Japanese language.
Japanese speakers learning English are welcome, too.

Read the guide linked below before asking how to learn Japanese:
itazuraneko.neocities.org/

Check the Cornucopia of Resources before asking where to download X or Y:
itazuraneko.neocities.org/library/librarymain.html

Archive of older threads: desuarchive.org/int/search/subject/Daily Japanese Thread/

Translation requests, learning method / eceleb discussions: Previous Thread:

Attached: iu.jpg (480x360, 17.56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqgwjlmAepbgSu8cpjMWH7SEJLPfab7DO
youtube.com/watch?v=7ej0fRWG064
youtube.com/watch?v=YohyUGDcuEQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Xj2W5hZNUBI
youtube.com/watch?v=sD8IhMWi6r0
youtube.com/watch?v=TQphTDC5t7I
youtube.com/watch?v=-kRplFNJJzk
youtube.com/watch?v=QqWJ9tGAMvQ
youtube.com/watch?v=dgvY17nL8AA
youtube.com/watch?v=J4O89cKBdOU
youtube.com/watch?v=qNS-mbJoqmE
jpf.go.jp/j/about/press/2019/dl/2019-029-02.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iteration_mark#Kanji
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1590304302264.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: 31298.jpg (960x540, 45.86K)

Fake nazis to the rescue! Thanks for prolonging this nightmare man

歪みねぇな!

joysoundがコロナ対策?としてユーチューブに300曲をアップロードしてくれたんでレッツカラオケ!

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqgwjlmAepbgSu8cpjMWH7SEJLPfab7DO

youtube.com/watch?v=7ej0fRWG064
youtube.com/watch?v=YohyUGDcuEQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Xj2W5hZNUBI
youtube.com/watch?v=sD8IhMWi6r0
youtube.com/watch?v=TQphTDC5t7I
youtube.com/watch?v=-kRplFNJJzk
youtube.com/watch?v=QqWJ9tGAMvQ
youtube.com/watch?v=dgvY17nL8AA
youtube.com/watch?v=J4O89cKBdOU

Attached: God knows....jpg (640x360, 36.58K)

What happened ? Is it not cool anymore ? Too slow for millennials and their smartphone brain ? Everyone is already fluent ?
I heard that even in the 2010s it was already less popular than in the 2000s.
The recent bump is obviously quarantine and 99% will quit.

Attached: IMG_20200524_110400_809.jpg (800x648, 48.11K)

Honestly man, It's the kanji. You can wrap your head around learning a new language if that language shares an alphabet, but when the alphabet itself is wierd artistic squiggles you can't replicate it makes you feel like a stupid wothless gaijin and you don't even want to try.
;_;

Honestly wow, I thought it was the opposite. It's no longer a pure nerd weirdo thing to watch anime or be into some Japanese shit these days, normies watch a lot of animes. Seriously woulda thought more and more people would be getting interested in Japan and learning

Fucking Aussie, he's talking about the language, not about the girls scissoring(which is superb, by the way)

I'm going out on a date guys, wish me luck. I'm gonna show her how 上手 I am

Attached: yl3mjhnd5ai11.jpg (813x1024, 100.17K)

That's what I mean Mr. Bully-Croat, I see Japanese stuff all over the place now, and anime has become some light side of pop culture now particularly on the internet.
People are more online then ever, resources and technology for language learning are available all over and more is pumped out all the time.
The only cultures you will see young people appropriating into their own online and irl these days are for the most part American and Japanese, one of them has peoples native or near fluent school taught language and the other isn't making Japanese an obvious choice for learning.
Are people just giving up on learning languages because English is enough?

God speed bro

>tfw a Jap has a date but you don't

頑張って!
youtube.com/watch?v=qNS-mbJoqmE
He isn't Japanese though~
>though maybe his partner

Attached: 中出し.jpg (713x1064, 133.76K)

According to the decent research, the number of Japanese learner is steadily increasing except North America. It seems that's the main reason that the graph "learn Japanese" is decreasing
jpf.go.jp/j/about/press/2019/dl/2019-029-02.pdf

I mean it's like I said, the fucking squiggles are weird, and they're way too intricate. Why do their letters have to look like fucking art, they're just supposed to be letters, they're supposed to be simple.

Good thread

On a side note, why should a Jap not have a date~
Thank you :)

Attached: Nono_SR4+_.jpg (640x800, 99.65K)

チンコを葬ってやろう

>炎炎
>九九
>in certain Chinese borrowings, it is generally preferred to write out both characters, as in 九九 (ku-ku Chinese multiplication table) or 担担麺 (tan-tan-men dan dan noodles), though in practice 々 is often used.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iteration_mark#Kanji
Neat
弄?

Attached: lpnierp6pq741.jpg (2048x2048, 576.55K)

暗殺して葬ってやる
土の中で永遠に眠らせてやる

そうですね

Attached: iu.jpg (720x544, 46.68K)

how do i read weapon names in games?

光剣 こうけん?
風舞 かぜまい? how do i read weapon names in games?

光剣 こうけん?
風舞 かぜまい? フブ?

whats the general rule for names like this? one could figure out that the first one is a Light sword, and the other's name is something like Wind Dance.

Attached: 8dfcfd7f09b58673b866767883f2f4641226732750_full.jpg (640x480, 284.9K)

There's no certain rule about the names related to its reading in games or anime or whatever.
I'm also not quite sure how to read it. If I had to read it just as grammatically, or naturally as possible, it would be こうけん and かざまい for some reasons.
But it's not how it works in anime or games anyway. It could be a Light Sword or even a Photon Blade or something
I'm always reading such names just as I like

no need to put focus on how correct youre reading it then? thank you user, i just never read anything about this before, this clears things up

Yes, as long as it's a proper noun, its reading could be vary from relatively decent one to ridiculously insane reading depending on how the author decide it.

ありがとう先生!

"彼女たちは交際するには年を取りすぎている"

Appearently this translates as "they are too old to go out with". Can someone help my with how my understanding of this is flawed? I get the gist, but how is it a negative, isn't 取りすぎている just the ongoing form of 取る?

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1590304302264.webm

Wait I think I figured it out.

取り is the verb stem that すぎる is attaching to as the te form, so basically to "take too much", I'd assume. As in they've literally taken too many years.

That is, the te-iru form, not just the te form.