Very good portugal

Attached: 4Nw2JEEhXcnLTvk-ZrNeq1opbh9YubDDXjoZJVu6jT8.jpg (1920x1280, 920.7K)

good job lusos

Why arent you guys doing this too?

we are doing our thing too

Attached: china.png (975x488, 145.77K)

Where is all that power stored?

olive trees

i preffer pic related

Attached: don_quijote_era_un_otaku_medieval.jpg (706x468, 106.18K)

we are, we made a top of the line solar plant that was later copied all aroud the world by other countries interested in the design but then the corrupt right wing politicians gave it away to a private company to explore.

Attached: 111003025931-solar-power-spain-gemasolar-story-top.jpg (640x360, 83.14K)

imagine all the toxic waste this will produce in 20 years or so

as opposed to coal and nuclear which only produce purified mountain water and air freshners as byproducts?

>but then the corrupt right wing politicians gave it away to a private company to explore.
Classic

nuclear is the cleanest form of energy

Wind has no future lol

Soulless.

The australian government spent decades funneling money into battery techonlogy research until 2013 when the mining companies got scared that we might be able to make renewables viable so they cut all funding to that sector and all the scientists and their decades of research got bought up by elon musk to make batteries for his reddit car

Why did you vote for those politicians?

it has one of the lowest environmental impacts out there, wtf are you talking about? it's made with aluminum, glass and steel.

why? are we running out of air?

but seriously, why?

jealous russki

Attached: 1280px-Global_Map_of_Photovoltaic_Power_Potential.png (1280x760, 879.03K)

Those panels contain a fuckton of rare earth metals but I believe much of the pollution happens during the mining phase. Overall over its lifespan, solar is not much worse than nuclear per TWh.

Wind is close to its maximum theoretical efficiency, while solar has a lot of room for improvement left.

I was watching a docummentary the other day about steam cars and how they got fucked in exchange of the fuel cars, can you imagine if it actually succeded and we only needed water to make them work?

Attached: Stanley_steam_car.jpg (1743x1523, 1.12M)

Oil is the future and present. Keep drilling so the world gets warmer and I can finally enjoy a tropical environment in my arctic hellhole

If we nuked Canada the world would be a warmer place.

Solar panels contain lead, cadmium, rare earth metals. You also need to clear a lot of land for them. And what do you do when they are broken? Waste even more land to dump used panels there?

I didn't but as Facundo Cabral once wrote: "Le tengo miedo a los idiotas, porque son muchos y pueden elegir a un presidente."

>I'm afraid of idiots because they are the majority and they can elect a president.

Not really nuclear winter would occur. Anyway keep burning those fossil fuels

Nooo, you can't do that!
You'll threaten oil jobs.

Attached: fatAmerican.jpg (600x462, 53.68K)

They're not clearing entire forrests to place these things you know
If anything they would probably make barren wastelands like north africa, central asia, central australia and the western american desert useful for something

The electronic components are made out of gallium arsenide (GaAS) usually. The doping process of making the semiconductor wafers that are later used to make solar cells is pretty dirty and involves a lot of hazardous chemicals. But once they're made they don't produce any waste.

>soullesstugal

Gobernament is closing a nearby nuclear central in here, they are digging to place the nuclear wastes that it produced over the years in the same ground of the nuclear plant as we post, I'm sure that the wastes from a solar panel wont be as bad as having a shit like this.

>Solar panels contain lead, cadmium, rare earth metals
Just like any modern equipment
>And what do you do when they are broken?
Recycle, they are too expensive to just throw away

the arguments people make about solar and renewables all apply to to fossil fuel energy. No form of energy harnessing is going to be 100% but at the end of the day it's still a hell of a lot clearner in the long term than burning coal.
Sure they get damaged but so do nuclear and coal power plants and you don't see people running out there to piss on coal being unviable because they break down sometimes

hijo de puta vigila el inglés

How to ruin a landscape.

I never said that coal or oil is a better alternative, calm down. I simply stated that there is some waste to it but it's bulk chemical waste that happens at the beginning and never again. There's this idea that solar is totally clean but any electronic component that's made out of a bulk semiconductor wafer is going to produce chemical waste.

puto ordenador de la novia que tiene el autofinalizador de frases y cuando le doy al enter modifica todo lo que escribo, como cojones se apaga esta mierda? es postear en ingles y termina siendo una puta masacre.

Shut up retard we're saving the planet fuck looking good for a photograph

I hope we can blind the ISS crew with the reflection.

it's not like anyone lives there anymore

Attached: pepegucci.jpg (389x389, 19.4K)

>we're saving the planet by destroying it
lol
the only real way to save the planet is to reduce the human population by several billion