Is it kino?

is it kino?

Attached: angel-tv-series-poster-750x431.jpg (750x431, 30.85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ycFqzNxiTwY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeah although season 4 goes off the fucking rails but it's redeemed by season 5 being the best fucking season of either Angel or Buffy.

It's probably one of better ensemble cast shows ever made for men. It also has least participation by whedon which is to its benefit

Not kino. Buffy seasons 1-3 are the only kino to be found in the Buffyverse. Buffy 4-7 was crap. Angel was crap.

>Self admitted buffyfag

Eat dicks like your homolord.

I always forget Buffy and Angel are in the same universe.

yea season 5 is a great example of "Why not, its last season" and it turned out pretty good,

For example, the puppet episode...sounds dumb, is actually fucking great!

yeah S5 was so much better than Buffy S7

>David was born in Buffalo, New York and grew up in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Ethnicity:
*50% Italian [including Sicilian, likely distant Slovenian]
*25% Slovak
*25% mix of Irish, German, French, Swiss

>season 5
"Would you like me to lie to you now?"

Attached: GoodbyeBuddy.jpg (471x800, 69.15K)

I would've liked to have seen another season of two for Illyria to develop as a character instead of her whole character arc being rushed over the last few episodes of the final season and I have mixed feelings about the ending.
Besides that, it's pretty great.

At times yes. It doesn't quite reach the best Buffy has to offer but it also doesn't nearly reach the worst Buffy has to offer. I kind of wish they'd stuck to the grimdark cop show they were making it out to be in the pilot though.

damn, this show could bring the feels,
way more than a spinoff vampire detective show should

I cri everytim

Attached: dczok7g-31829a84-18f9-4d1c-9713-27c6e74c1518.png (584x876, 330.85K)

>Eat dicks like your homolord.

I watched a show with peak Sarah Michelle Gellar, peak Charisma Carpenter, peak Michelle Trachtenberg, peak Eliza Dushku, and peak Clare Kramer.

Yeah what a giant faggot I am.

yeah it was
it took the universe that buffy created and ran with it. really fleshed it out.
it has great characters and their arcs are amazing
wesley remains one of the most iconic characters ever in my mind thanks to his personal character growth and where they take him

Show ruined best girl by making her burn the coal.

Imagine if Illyria got as much development as Lorne. Really though, it speaks volumes about Andy Hallet that Lorne got as much development and screen time as he did

What's Andy Hallet up to these days? I haven't seen him in anything recently.

dead

okay....Im not sure if you are serious, or trolling....

>peak Michelle Trachtenberg
you said buffy 4-7 was shit

yes

>you said buffy 4-7 was shit

Buffy seasons 4-7 are shit. That doesn't make young Michelle Trachtenberg unhot.

How could you have mixed feelings about one of if not one of very few series finales that actually landed and is considered one of the best for what it is.

I literally heard the other day some garbage show wanting to ape Angel's series finale, they mentioned it specifically. Damn near put me in an early grave. Its bad enough we have people like Julie Plec raping its corpse.

Played a "friendly demon" on TV. Got struck down by God at a young age. Not a coincidence.

Was there any point to Gunn other than cuck Wesley?

>How could you have mixed feelings about one of if not one of very few series finales that actually landed and is considered one of the best for what it is.

Still not as good as Bob Newhart waking up next to Suzanne Pleshette.

All the Connor shit is awful and lasts forever, but season 5 is legitimately based.

>I watched a show meant for teenage girls and was created by a freak peanut head.

Why are you in this thread? Go make a buffy thread that nobody will give a shit about.

>Was there any point to Gunn other than cuck Wesley?

The (((producers))) were going after the subhuman demographic. They did the same thing with the black principal on Buffy. Didn't work.

He was also an active member of the homosexual community.

>cuck Wesley
Wesley turns out to be the most based character across all of buffy and angel

i cri evry time

Attached: not fade away.jpg (1920x1080, 206.92K)

Don't be afraid to go to the dentist.

>Why are you in this thread? Go make a buffy thread that nobody will give a shit about.

You're posting in a thread about Angel and getting your jimmies rustled by people talking about Buffy? KEK! On a scale from Chris-chan to school shooter, how autistic are you?

All the feels

>Trachtenberg was born in New York City, the younger of two daughters of Lana, a bank manager, and Michael Trachtenberg, a fiber-optics engineer, Jewish immigrants from Russia and Germany, respectively. Trachtenberg had a religious upbringing, and her grandparents reside in Israel

I'm not an anti-dentite.

It was more a triple cucking considering he ended up losing the girl to the white guy. It was definitely in power fantasy mode by the end.

Wes ends up becoming a good watcher to faith, saves angel, masterminds a fight against a higher power while basically sitting in his shitty apartment and fucking the enemy.

The only thing that happened to go bad for him was lilah but I like a character with flaws.

>He was also an active member of the homosexual community.

KEK now Lorne gets to live for eternity in hell with actual demons. Hilarious!

Who gives a shit that Michelle Trachtenberg is a Jew?

You're just angry Zig Forums has moved on from buffy in such a stark way that you're a minority now.

No longer can you faggots shout down Angel threads. It was bound to happen considering that ship was closely tied to Whedon and cultural 'zeitgeist' that has amounted to nothing now because of his behavior.

I won't have to do much, ackerfags will come along and fill the thread.

I was here when Zig Forums was created back in 09' and I remember how insufferable buffyfags were. Especially because of all avengers bullshit.

I'm not mad at all anymore, just a long memory for the shit I saw about a show I loved. Angel because it was largely left alone by whedon because he was fucking around with Firefly and Buffy meant it escaped his rapist hands.

Attached: AgeOfJoss.jpg (1280x771, 342.88K)

>You're just angry Zig Forums has moved on from buffy in such a stark way that you're a minority now.

What the fuck are you talking about? Zig Forums wasn't even a thing when Buffy was on.

>writes an endless Reddit-style post bitching about Buffy in an Angel thread
>"I'm not mad at all anymore"

Peak jimmies rustled! Peak autism! Peak keks!

>somewhere, a board is missing a Trump-tard...

Attached: 1587227340244.png (766x950, 28.16K)

That's what I want gambit to look like

Bravo Joss

So you think shows with an all-white cast that add a keepin'-it-real black in the later seasons aren't trying to get black viewers? You are a retard.

member when the african americans took over the demon bar and was going to shoot shit up because they were different

go back

No, but I do think you should fuck off back to your containment board, where retards like you belong.

Have sex.

Attached: 12352464236346.gif (200x150, 797.05K)

I liked both Conner and Michelle Tractenburg

>posts on Zig Forums
>rages about le bad orange man

Top fucking kek

i feel like like i would have liked connor more if he wasnt a complete lanklet
let he was as skinny as a fucking rail and your supposed to believe hes this amazing superpowered fighter. he looks like you could snap his arm by accidentally touching it

Once I dig up the 2010 island map for Zig Forums I'll finish shutting you up.

Attached: spacing.jpg (981x211, 38.71K)

Season 4 sucked so bad because the writing staff was stretched so thin working on four different Whedon shows at once.
Then 2 of those ended, and one didn't even make it off the ground, so they were free to put their full attention back on Angel and fix all shit that had gone wrong while they weren't paying attention.

Wesley is the greatest tv character of all time ALL TIME

>Once I dig up the 2010 island map for Zig Forums I'll finish shutting you up.

Do your parents know how autistic you are? Do you have a caregiver? Is local law enforcement aware of you?

Yes. Wesley having the best character arc across every ensemble tv show ever produced helps it achieve that status.

Woods was based tho. His mom was a former slayer killed by Spike.

this is one of the most autistic posts i've seen on Zig Forums in quite some time well done

Shows adding MUH DIVERSITY CHARACTER late in their runs... it's all so tiresome. Doesn't matter how based the character is.

his mom was a black single mom in the 70/80's it was pretty kino. diversity is bad when its done badly. woods was a good character with a decent arc and a reason for being there.

That episode was based. He was dressed like Billy Idol and then he took her jacket and then he killed the female Chinaman slayer and then that weeks also Angel flashed back to that time

KEK are you gonna get me banned for talking about Buffy in an Angel thread? This is the funniest thing I've ever seen on Zig Forums and I've seen some crazy shit.

this

i've had 16 years to think about it and i still don't like the puppet episode

Lorne was a king. I liked that they poked fun at Angel since they played him so straight in Buffy. If you've seen Mad Men you can hate Pete in another show. It's a solid urban fantasy investigator show and good to watch with your mom.

i liked it the first time i saw it but watching as an adult it wasn't nearly as charming as i remember it being. the majority of season 5 fell flat for me due to the enormous amount of filler. i don't think most of angel's characters are strong enough to carry a show without an engaging plot. that was buffy's strength imo. i didn't really mind what was happening i just enjoyed watching buffy's characters interact.

Favorite death scene in all of tv:

>Lindsey - "Man, it felt pretty good to be on the rIght side of things for once. I could get used to this."
BANG, BANG!
>Lourne - "Sorry Lindsey, you're not part of the solution. You never were."
>Lindsey - "Wait... YOU kill me? A flunky?! No... no. Angel kills me... Angel..." (dies)

I fucking hate Lourne too and love my man Lindsey. All well, it was a shocking death and a cool way to go.

Attached: angel_lindsey.jpg (500x281, 62.16K)

THIS IS AN ANGEL THREAD NOT A BUFFY THREAD

Only until the Connor arc

are you going to be ok sweatie?

I liked it even though I think it is the type of shit that should have been on Buffy not Angel

Pete was the best character on Mad Men though.

why did they need to kill lindsey again?

Yeah it's definitely the worst character and arc of both shows. However once Conner gets written out of the show it gets good again.

when it came out, i was like "i aint watching this homo shit" but then i gave it a try... and it was good...

Attached: charismacarpenter2.jpg (600x794, 90.57K)

a buffy puppet episode in season 5 would've been kino

>write a villain for your show
>name him "Lindsey"

It was the last episode and he is a bad guy

his girlfriend was hot as hell tho

Wait....JANNY bans me? An unpaid volunteer? No...no. The MODS ban me...The mods....(changes IP)

Attached: 1519494417005.gif (1100x450, 325.71K)

too bad she was shit actress and a discount dollar store Lilah

Wonderful arc but if you were watching from the beginning you spent years watching Pete be a shit.

I haven't seen it in so long. Should get around to a rewatch some time.

Attached: 1164485112716.jpg (320x480, 45.65K)

she was hotter than lilah but yeah she was a pretty bad actress ngl

Attached: eve.jpg (534x800, 53.37K)

It was revenge for Darla and a lot of other things. There was nothing we could do about it Angel was the chosen one and Lindsey wasn’t. We had to sit still and take it, it was amongst the heroes, it was real occult shit.

He did insult him a little bit

He's relentlessly handsome.

>It was the last episode and he is a bad guy
Is he though? Granted, I jumped into Angel in like Season 4 and then watched the rest retroactively, but Lindsey originally seemed to have a sense of morality. Sure he wanted power, but I feel like he always questioned being at Wolfram & Heart. And it was only his eventual hatred of Angel that turned him to the darkside.

I mean, there's a reason in the final season they teased a face turn. I mean shit, didn't Lindsay spend lifetimes paying for his crimes in hell before they pulled him out? Idk, I thought he was based and the actor actually became an irl swordsman. Dudes got mad skills.

nigga tried to kill my father

Attached: Connorsword.jpg (334x500, 42.94K)

remember when the african american woman from Firefly was n the show and her true face was a worm zombie face and only Fred could see it? thats was some crazy shit, Zack Wylde was in that episode

Nah he didn't insult him. They're fighting the good fight over here and two minutes later Angel is acting like a fucking jerk.

I'm gonna go get the stakes, get the stakes.

My favorite episode was Destiny. It had the ultimate showdown Angel vs Spike for who was the true hero of the Shanshu Prophecy (thanks to Lindsey giving Spike the idea). Had the best Spike quotes too:
>"Dru sired me, but you, you made me a monster!"
>"You don't get to win... this time."
>"You were cursed with a soul, I fought for mine!"
>"It's Mountain Dew??"

Also at the end was great too, with Angel admitting that Spike won because "he wanted it more". Self doubt crept in and he worried that maybe, just maybe... the prophecy WAS about Spike. Kino.

Attached: 1490018503522.jpg (500x367, 63.96K)

nah angel as a whole is better than buffy 4-7

Remember when is the lowest form of conversation

Maybe you don't know Lindsay, you been away a long time, but Angel don't suck blood no more

I member. Based big bad too, cause she just wasn't another I want to destroy the world or bring Hell on Earth, etc. She brought peace, love, and prosperity. Albeit by controlling the will of man, but I thought it was a cool little twist on the usual villain.

I 'member

that could be why Angel signed over his claim to the prophecy to the Dark Circle or whoever cause he knew Spike was waiting in the background

kek

Did Joss Whedon put his penis in your mouth or something?

based, spike was my fav character since buffy.
The episode where they show how spike takes his leather jacket from a nazi is kino as fuck.

Boreanaz is relentlessly attractive

The ending of Angel was confusing.

>Greenwalt* was a co-executive producer on Buffy until the show's third season, when he was promoted to executive producer. He left the show at the end of the third season to co-create the spin-off series Angel with Joss Whedon*.

he took it from wood's slayer mother. the nazi thing was foreshadowing.

?

youtube.com/watch?v=ycFqzNxiTwY

also I never realized it but Numfar was joss whedon, what a weird fucking world

Plus the pale white superhuman beat the shit out of him

Hating on season 4 is the worst meme, it's great and better than season 5

Attached: lilah.jpg (852x480, 56.82K)

Buffy 1-4 is kino but 5-7 it goes downhill and becomes a snoozefest. Angel is solid throughout it's shorter more dense 5 season run and ends on a high note.

>Is that it? Am I done?
No homo but even in comparison to Boreanaz, Glenn Quinn was quite a the handsome man.

Buffy Season 5 was the best one imo, and even the UPN seasons still held my interest and had some great episodes. I love both shows but definitely prefer Buffy

Attached: glory2.jpg (1061x1600, 310.2K)

Angelus and Faith combo was pretty good and season 4 isnt as bad as people say, but it isnt better than season 5

Who else /ditchschooltowatchrerunsofMonkandAngelallday/?

It's close but I would say it is, not just Faith and Angelus but the Wesley and Lilah stuff, The Beast, and just a ton of great episodes. It had the highest budget of any season, the best action and took the most risks. Plus Connor is not the terrible character a lot of fans make him out to be, and I think he's actually quite sympathetic and adds to the show.

Season 5 is excellent and goes in an interesting direction, and Illyria is amazing, but I would give S4 the edge.

Attached: The-Beast-Angel-Season-4-01.jpg (675x864, 174.32K)

Lilah was way hotter than Eve. She's taller, more womanly and has a more defined facial structure. This is my only contribution to the thread.

I prefer Buffy in it's prime (seasons 2-4) but I find Angel to be more consistent. Maybe it doesn't reach the heights of Buffy but it's a really strong show episode-to-episode.

How is season 5 not prime Buffy?

Absolutely. The ending to Angel is literally perfect.

More of a Buffy fan but holy shit was its finale disappointing compared to Angel's

the series finale of Angel is a masterclass in how to end a show

Attached: Letsgotowork.gif (500x200, 954.07K)

5-7 of Buffy weren't that great but there was some great moments, like when Spike reveals to Buffy in his ramblings in the church how he has a soul

5 was great and considered by many to be the best season of the series, including me. Aside from Dawn and her woobie shit, what's wrong with it? Glory is a fantastic villain

My hand was always on my dick because of Glory and Dawn

>Glory
>Dawn
>Buffy
>Faith
>Miss Calendar
>Anya
Buffy had the best waifus of any shoe ever

Attached: michelle-as-dawn-michelle-trachtenberg-1190795_500_750.jpg (500x750, 54.97K)

>Cordy
>Fred
>Illyria

>Echo
>Whiskey

>River Tam
>Kaylee
>Inara

Buffy didnt even have the best waifus of a Whedon show, let alone best waifus ever

>two of the waifus you picked from Angel are the same fucking actress
>Cordy is a disgusting whore with tattoos and fake tits
>thinks fucking Dollhouse has better waifus than Buffy
lmao get the fuck outta here

I liked Glory as a Villain but i wasn't big on Dawn at all. Season 3 was my favourite.

Dawn was just one aspect of that season, sure she was connected to the main plot but I don't see how her character alone is enough to dislike season 5, personally I was too busy jerking off to her to be annoyed by her. Season 3 is fantastic and arguably the best season for sure, although I hated the subplot about Xander and Willow developing feelings for each other and trying to hide it from the other Scoobies. It was stupid.

i actually prefer buffy's finale.

How? It lacked the emotional weight of the Angel finale, Anya's death was a complete misfire because Joss was too much of a pussy to kill off a core character, and and the montage of girls having their slayer powers awakened (including some ugly landwhale) and its "muh feminism" speech over it was pure cringe. It felt like Joss regretted not putting enough feminism in the show so he really tried to push it in the finale.

i thought the show that started with one special girl transitioning to a show about a general leading her special girls was pretty fitting and went well with Buffy's character development to that point. Giles should have died but I enjoyed it more than Angel.

When I was in HS thots loved this and Dawson's Creek so I'm gonna guess it's absolute garbage.

lmao what weird ass high school did you go to? Girls in mine didn't even know Angel existed, the closest equivalent they watched was Charmed. The idea of thots caring for a series that's about a vampire beating people up and slaying evil is hilarious to me. I can't help but assume you're lying out your ass

Attached: charmed-season-4-sisters.jpg (2105x2592, 713.19K)

Spike and Angel bickering was pure kino
>The Italy episode
Pure fun

I did not like that episode. It had a few funny moments and holy shit the titcow CEO of W&H Italy but for the most part it was filler. It's especially jarring if you watch the episodes in order since it's sandwiched between two serious arc episodes and feels completely out of place.

Yes, Spike and Angel buddy team stuff was great
Also, honorable mention for Spike and Illyria

The utter continuity break of them all being able to fight the ancient vampires effortlessly while a single one whooped buffys ass up and down for 3-4 episodes earlier ruined the show.

It is at first...

I would wager the user you're responding to is Australian. Chicks at my high school were super into it and Buffy.

It wasn't meant to be the last season, it was one of the most viewed shows on the channel. But Joss asked them to let him know if they renewed it earlier than usual since they always waited til the last second and when he did that execs told him to fuck off and cancelled it

Damn, American girls aren't nearly this patrician. I remember some being into Buffy and Firefly but they were all nerdy chicks and usually fat.

'98 and '99 were a great time to be alive and hook up with teenage girls at the local pool over summer.

That always bothered me too. That and Buffy showing up and taking three out with ease once she got the scythe was kinda jarring to how badly it beat her ass earlier.

I'm pretty sure the scythe gives her a stat boost but even so turning the Turohkan into mooks was dumb.

>turning the Turohkan into mooks was dumb.
When I really stop to think about it, It's emblematic of something larger. For a 'beautiful feminist message' to thrive it seems to need to come at the expense of something else, Like the internal continuity or logic established by your own work.

both buffy and angel sandwich light episodes with heavier ones throughout the entire series

It's a pretty bizarre thing to lie about desu.

have sex incel

Buffy never once put a light episode just before the season finale right as the arc was reaching its conclusion. Angel never did this either until season 5

You know I'm right. Dilate.

Spike deserved a Spinoff, Angel didn't

>Buffy never once put a light episode just before the season finale
What is Go Fish then?

Not if you assume he's just baitposting. Why the fuck would you lump Angel in with Dawson's Creek of all things? Also if you were a teenager in the time of Buffy and Angel and The WB and never bothered to watch them you're a fucking weirdo

I forgot that episode was so late in the season, regardless it was hardly a lighthearted romp the way Girl in Question was. The ending was dark, the entire swim team has become monsters and eats their coach while Buffy coldly watches from above

I've no idea why any teen girl at that time would lump them together and like most guys I watched neither.

I'd argue Spike+Angel worked a lot better than Spike+Scoobies.

>regardless it was hardly a lighthearted romp
Uh yes it fucking was. It's one of the goofiest fucking episodes in the entire show. The bit where they eat the coach is fucking laughable. And it's wedged right inbetween I Only Have Eyes For You and Becoming

Not Fade Away is 10/10 pure unadulterated kino yes

You missed out then m8. Buffy and Angel were great, I pity anyone who didn't get to enjoy them when they were airing. Plenty of guys at my school watched them

There were far, far goofier episodes than Go Fish. It doesn't even make the top 30 goofiest episodes

It's in the top 5 goofiest. There is literally nothing redeemable about Go Fish unless you're gay or a woman with shit taste and want to see Xander shirtless.

I actually started watching this with my brother a week ago due to lockdown boredom. We both remembered liking some episodes as kids but it's so much better than expected, nostalgia aside.

It has some really good sexy shots of Buffy actually. The fact that you missed this and focused on Xander in a speedo proves you are the homosexual here. It's not even the goofiest episode of season 2, that would be the stupid episode where Totally Not Freddy Krueger is stealing kids souls and keeping them in a coma, and we hear about Buffy's aunt and cousin who are never mentioned again. Then in season 4 every other episode is goofier than anything in Go Fish.

I didn't. It didn't give you anything for the main characters to do. The whole last season feels so boring to me, it's a complete misfire and it loses focus with all these new characters thrown into the mix and all these filler episodes. The four core characters feel so distant from each other with Giles, Xander and Willow being given absolute minimal screentime and emotional weight or character development. It focuses too much on Buffy and Spike and a huge "epic" fight that lasts less than 5 minutes. Season 5 had a much stronger "Series Finale" feel to it, hell even Season 3's finale felt like the end of an era. Season 7 just ends on this really mid-tier note and it doesn't feel like much of anything. It's smart they ended the series when they did but Angel's last season was WAY better (ironic because it wasn't even intended to be the last one and got cancelled).

Not really. You're exaggerating the progressive nature of the finale. It's not that overt and it works well thematically.

To this day I have a crush on Amy Acker because of her performance as Fred/Illyria. And Wes's emergence as the original bad ass in season 4 was a thing of beauty.

There's nothing that "works" about that awful fucking montage and speech. Other than that I liked the finale but it was overall disappointing

Xander in speedos makes the episode are you kidding me? In fact I should ask the writers if they're kidding me trying to tell me that he's such a dorky loser but he looks like the biggest hunk (second biggest only to Angel).

i cant remember

>those gratuitous shots of Amy Acker's legs and feet in early season 5
based Joss

Attached: Amy-Acker-Feet-74184.jpg (1280x813, 161.29K)

Season 4 was a lot of fun... I know it's the most divisive season but I find it hard to fathom why people hate it. It's such a fun, bold new direction for the show and if you're especially a fan of the characters it gives you a lot. Plus it has two of the best episodes Hush and restless.

It's because Xander is Joss Whedon's self insert fantasy. That's why in spite of being the "dork" he's also a chick magnet who always has something clever to say and gets to date the most popular girl in school.

Why did he get gradually less good looking as time went on?

Attached: david-boreanaz.jpg (776x378, 83.97K)

Don't get me wrong I love season 4 but it had a lot of goofy episodes. I don't even mean that as an insult, I thoroughly enjoy the goofy episodes. I Robot You Jane and Beer Bad are among my most rewatched episodes

It happens to every single person on the planet you goof.

>REMINDER PER WHEDON'S EX WIFE -> THEY FUCKED

Attached: image.jpg (320x240, 22.38K)

Based Weinstein!

He gave Dushku her own series based on her idea because he was that addicted to her feet

Attached: Eliza-Dushku-Feet-2840345-1.jpg (1920x1387, 430.29K)

I'm not sure his wife ever actually named names. She's just one of the more likely candidates.

No that's women. it's typically the opposite with men.

Attached: celebrities_then_and_now_16.jpg (600x525, 39.76K)

Whedon literally cast all the female characters in his shows with girls who were the optimum combination of cute and sexy. And largely they were good actresses. Even side characters like Amy the Rat in Buffy and Harmony were hot af.

If you're gonna be addicted to something that's not a bad choice. Her feet are gorgeous

Yeah, and come back when he's 97 user. Like I said, it gets us all in the end.

Harmony was a good whore. Same with Cordelia. They loved to get naked and have men jack off to them.

Attached: mercedes-mcnab-playboy-cover-launch-los-angeles-america-shutterstock-editorial-616540c.jpg (1165x1500, 262.33K)

Attached: Daniel-Craig.jpg (540x400, 48.17K)

Harmony was far better looking than Cordy. I cannot abide fake breasts, they're so trashy

He looks like he's aged pretty damn well to me.
Pic related, him in his late 40s

Attached: 17-37-2340-1014x570.jpg (1014x570, 102.51K)

He looks good but he was unusually handsome in his late teens and early twenties.

Attached: buffy-angel-david-boreanaz-dvdbash-2.jpg (900x1270, 150.63K)

Indeed. Sarah Michelle Gellar and Amy Acker also had nice feets. Joss was a foot patrician

Attached: dushku_peds.jpg (1035x1069, 139.97K)

Thank G*d unlike Weinstein Whedon has good taste

And he was smart enough to use feminism to mask his activities. "I want to make shows about strong women!" when what he's actually thinking is 'I want to make shows about cute girls that I can put on my casting couch!'

Attached: cordelia.webm (1024x576, 1.19M)

David Boreanez defined the now-archetypal "serious and tortured vampire bf" forever

I keep watching Seal Team and I can't believe how mediocre and formulaic every single episode is. How do you manage to fuck up a military show and make it feel like generic procedural drama?

It's like 60 episodes in right now and there have been maybe 3 or 4 really decent ones.

I like how Wesley evolved from "5 seasons of that faggot? Give me a break" to Punished Wes.
Also the dynamic between Illyria and Wes was interesting, shame we didn't get to see more of her character arc, though Wes's death scene was spot on

>He was also an active member of the homosexual community.

Was he? I know he was flamboyant on the show but i can't find any evidence he was gay IRL

Speaking of, the guy who played Gunn came out of the closet this month, which shocked me a bit

Do I need to watch Buffy first to enjoy Angel?

imagine going detective mode to figure out someone called Trachtenberg is jewish

>Harmony was far better looking than Cordy. I cannot abide fake breasts, they're so trashy

Hate to break it to ya, but they may not be as big as Cordy's, but Harmony's breasts are fakes too. It's been confirmed on multiple Buffy forums. And by just looking at her topless.

yeah it's pretty great. better than buffy

Attached: 1567900955974.webm (1920x1080, 1.37M)

Wait until he finds out Weinstein is Ch*sen as well

Half the main cast started as part of the main cast in Buffy and a few other Buffy characters show up for an episode or two so it'll go a long way to helping you understand who the characters are.
I think they explain most of it in Angel but it would certainly help to watch at least the first 3 seasons of Buffy to see their full character arc.

You don't have to but it is recommended. First 3 seasons of Buffy also count as the first 3 seasons of Angel basically. Only problem is that Buffy starts off pretty weak - the first season is this cheesy monster-of-the-week kinda show that's like a combination of Goosebumps and the X files with villains that look like rejected Power Rangers monsters. It's very dated and goofy and it often puts people off watching it and Angel. It gets a fuckload better in season 2 but there's still a solid handful of cheesy episodes scattered throughout that season so if you do decide to watch Buffy I'd try to make it at least to the end of season 2 before deciding whether or not you want to continue.

You can watch Angel on its own however Angel, Cordelia and Wesley are set up in Buffy and you will miss the beginning of their character development plus a ton of really good tv from about half-way through season 2 onwards.

Oh, well they're both gross then. Bimbos are disgusting. I'll take a Fred Burkle to go please

he was super skinny at the beginning but gradually became fatter as it went on

He's unusually handsome for a 50 year old

Not at all, I didn't watch Buffy until after seeing Angel, had no idea it was a spinoff at first. They have similarities and do crossover episodes but might as well be in different universes. For example in Buffy season 7 there is an apocalypse happening, and at the same time on Angel there is a completely different apocalypse happening, and no one even comments on it.

However both are great shows and worth watching

Attached: s3_buffy-faith_b3x17_sc_01-xl.jpg (564x399, 30.09K)

I disagree, Buffy is better

the problem is, half of season 3 is bad, and half of season 4 is bad. People blur the two together, and lump all of the bad shit onto 4, because it had less good.
Hell, season 4 had spin the bottle, which is one of my favorite episodes, but its also the episode that began the whole season 4 shitting the bed arc

I love all of season 4 and have never agreed with the people who think it shits the bed. It's my favorite season

Watch Buffy Season 2 and see if you enjoy it or not. If you do, watch Season 3.

The timeline for the shows is that:
Buffy Season 4 is occurring the same time as Angel Season 1 so there are a lot of crossovers between these two seasons but both shows go their own way after this with a few brief cameos here and there. It's best to watch Angel after watching the first three seasons of Buffy.

Skipping Buffy Season 1 is recommended because it's dated and cheesy BUT I actually really like it. It's pure 90s nostalgia like X-Files and the Season 1 finale is one of the highest rated episodes of the show. However, you'd probably be best just starting with Buffy Season 2 and going from there.

Naw, bimbos are great. If it wasn't for sluts, I'd never get laid. I think id fuck Willow over everyone else... vampire Willow of course!

Attached: 2aa5647228e2ea49cf6e937a516db3c7.jpg (2448x3264, 922.18K)

season 4 is also my favorite season, but i will never once say the jasmine part is in any way good

You can be a slut without being a fake bimbo who wears shiny minidresses and and stripper shoes. The illusion of having class but actually being a giant slut is much better

>666
>Lady in the streets, freak in tha sheets

Unholy trips of truth

I liked Jasmine, Gina Torres does the creepy overly affable cult leader thing well and the episode about Fred being on the run from the pod people was excellent

they didn't even know it would be the final season until the mid season finale when joss fucked it up to them. Truthfully, season five is very episodic and barring the last arc with illyria is in some ways kind of disappointing. People just focus on the incredibly high of the ending and forget what was before.
still a kino season

Season 1 is fun and has a good villain. Most episodes are centered around themes (peer pressure, being attracted to a teacher, bullying, dreams) that go on in high school and I think it worked really well for the show.
If you don't like it you can just watch the Angel episode which is one of the best episodes in the season and shows a lot about his character.

It's great.
Buffy is overall better, but Angel Season 5 is amazing. S4 is a bit meh.

there's an interview they made right as dollhouse came out where in retrospect after those reveals Whedon is basicly saying he made that show after eliza ambushed him and fucked him and made him do dollhouse. Sort of based.

>geek character turns into a mega chad
kinos for this feel?

Attached: 1574763758969.jpg (640x640, 84.9K)

No you don't, but you might as well.
watch the first 3 seasons of buffy, then look up a viewing order since season 4 of buffy and season 1 of angel happen simultanously.

In fairness both shows kinda went off the rails in those respective seasons. The shows were connected at the hip at first when they aired new episodes one after the other but when Buffy moved to UPN they basically become two different universes.

Some people just really really hate Riley.

Umm....hnnngggggg

Those arches. Fuck.

>watch Angel for the first time
>this cute little fucker just dies for no reason
>go to check wikipedia for what kind of shit he left the show and if he'll come back
>turns out he was a sad little fucker irl and died from an overdose
Just wtf

They don't happen at the same time, I don't think? I vaguely remember Spike mentioning Buffy's apocalypse when he arrives on Angel but I could be wrong, it's been years since I've watched it.

Someone have a webm of her dance with magic jacket boy?

One of the most impressive improvements I've seen in acting in a short time that I've ever seen was Boreanaz from season 1 to season 2 of Buffy. He just plain wasnt very good at the acting thing in the first season but he had such charisma and chemistry with SMG that it made up for it but in season 2 he straight killed it as Angelus.

Amazing to think that prime Dushku was pulling Whedon's ginger pubes out of her teeth.

Actually he said watching Oprah was what made him want to audition for Gunn. The signs were there

actually that is one of the rare examples of crossover as angel pops over to visit buffy for one episode in that final season. She basicly tells him, eventually, to fuck off to california and organise the second line of defence. Which is fairly dumb if you think about it, if the hellmouth was lost there would be no stopping the big bad.
I do agree after especially season two of angel there was little interaction. The two parter in season one with faith is one of my favorites though.

Season 4 had some great moments though

It's a good contribution, user. Lilah is also a classy lady, the kind that makes me want to rub my cock down her face and leave a trail.

>Amazing to think that prime Dushku was pulling Whedon's ginger pubes out of her teeth.

And you know that's right! She started fucking when? 13 years old right? The producer on True Lies that "raped" her. So she had experience. Plus knowing she could handle Rick Fox's big black hog, shows she knows how to deepthroat.

She most definitely had Whedon's pubes in her teeth. Such a good whore.

Attached: kobe-bryant-rick-fox-los-angeles-lakers.jpg (2048x1612, 367.13K)

>vampire Willow
hnnggg

That's why he got the spinoff
Wheadon didn't think he had it in him, or that people would still like him after Angelus originally

fuck this bitch. she #metoo'd like three different film/tv people - the 3rd of which (a CBS show called Bull) gave her 9.5 million settlement.

Attached: unnamed (9).jpg (394x512, 49.88K)

and now she's married to some indian billionaire 15 years older than her? Girl was made for hollywood

They do, The First is fucking things up in Sunnydale while The Beast is wrecking Angel and Co and there's an eternal night in Los Angeles. But apparently no one is Sunnydale is interested in an entire city being blacked out and fire raining from the sky? You'd think it would be news. Spike doesn't show up on Angel until the season after

timeslot change I think, plus they dealt with a good half dozen apocalypses between them at least so they probably don't really care
Seems like something they'd make a crack at

I feel like Whedon always made the character weaker whenever he wrote him. This is really apparent in the comics, where Angel sucks ass whenever he's in the Buffy comics, and his comics are consistently better.

Yes. But one should watch Buffy up to season 3 first and start Angel in parallel with season 4 onwards. Firstly because these originally aired back to back and at first some plots would start on one show and be resolved on the other. Secondly because Angel carried more of it´s characters from Buffy and their arcs are only fully apreciated by watching both shows. Weasley and Faith for example.

Full disclousure, S04 does drop the ball several times and the payoff falls short for 3 seasons worth of build up but all and all the show is great and still holds.

Angel season 5 is the best because:
>Illyria
>No More Fred/Gunn interracial cuckold shit
>Worst girl only appears in one episode (Cordelia)
>Lorne is now a main character and in the opening credits
>Spike joins the cast
>return of based Lindsey
>Fang Gang running a law firm is a more interesting concept than what previous seasons had
>dat finale
>dat muppet episode

Only things that could have made it better would be if Angel didn't look so old and fat compared to earlier seasons and if we had Lilah instead of that dumb cunt Eve. I can only assume it was budget cuts and Stephanie Romanov asked for too much money

Attached: angel-2013-stephanie-romanov-lilah-morgan-dvdbash1.jpg (1200x796, 279.88K)

So then why is the best season of the show the one where Joss was showrunner? Checkmate atheists

Gunn joined on Season one you stupid racist piece of shit.

>>Worst girl only appears in one episode (Cordelia)

Attached: 1492451876826.jpg (200x350, 47.37K)

>But apparently no one is Sunnydale is interested in an entire city being blacked out and fire raining from the sky? You'd think it would be news.
Isn't the power out at that point?

I want to fuck secretary vampire harmony so fucking bad

Wesley recruited her right? I'd like to think he put her on the casting coach to get the job. Plus doubles as some revenge for previous shenanigans.

Lindsey was the best representation of evil on the show. His switching sides after Angel had power over the firm was the best way they could have displayed that. Season 5 was weird, but did well to show why good guys always lose.

why has nobody posted cordelia nudes yet

I always found him very handsome.

>Worst girl
>Cordelia
That's sad. I agree with everything else though

Attached: 6bb5caa52089617fa7c3b1b7a964cd65.jpg (500x329, 31.98K)

Lindsey rejected redemption for one last final time. He flat out told Angel he was only helping out to be the devil they knew when it all settled (in addition to angel having big brass testies or something like that)
By the end of season 5 Angel has lost too much for half measures, I'd say. It was a dark season.

>>Spike joins the cast
I hated that, I always wanted more interactions between these two.

Harmony was much better as the bimbo secretary character than Cordelia. For one thing Mercedes Mcnab has comedic timing that Charisma Carpenter didn't possess, and after Cordelia cut her hair in season 2 she looked like a dried up Florida roastie, the kind that dates 70 year old rich retirees. Plus her "half demon who heals and floats" shit in season 3 was pure cringe. She was much more interesting on Buffy serving as Buffy's foil. Fred's character had already made Cordelia obsolete after like two episodes on the show

Attached: Amy-amy-acker-2375734-600-730.jpg (600x730, 44.43K)

To men. Women would pick left over right.

All true but I still love her. Harmony is fun but too superficial and Fred is too cute, they just arent Cordelia.

I want to get into the Buffy verse cause people say it is amazing. But that first season is rough. Is it okay to skip? I mean if it is all just monster of the week stuff I am not really missing any overarching story right?

First three episodes, and the episodes "Angel" and "Prophecy Girl" are must watch episodes in terms of storyline and character development. But honestly it's only 12 episodes, just man up and watch it.

Watch the pilot then jump to the two parter season finale, then go into season two. I found the first season rough the first time I had to rewatch it a decade or so after release, so I more or less jumped into season two after trying the pilot. Later you can rewatch it with no issues I believe.

>Is it okay to skip?
Yes. You can watch episode 1 and the other 2 or 3 that are somewhat important or you can skip the entire season and maybe watch it later after you got hooked.

Angel's ending was kino, I should rewatch the series when I have the time. I don't know whether I'd call the entire thing kino. The "Previously on Angel" with Connor's arc were so painful to sit through.

Angel OP > Charmed OP > Buffy OP

But why?

BURN GOOGLE
BURN CAPTCHAS
BURN HIRO

Attached: [sound=https%3A%2F%2Ffiles.catbox.moe%2Fe0alrz.mp3].jpg (1280x869, 106.75K)

It is rough but you should still watch it. The monster of the week episodes have some fun interactions between the main characters, which is the lifeblood of the show. And a comfy setting. I guess you can skip to the final story episodes of S1 if you just want to move on to S2 and get hooked.

It really depends on what puts you off them. If it's the bad quality or shitty villains or the retarded plots of the episodes, then that's fine since it will get better, but if it's the characters and quips and interactions, then that's an issue since they will be present for the rest of the show, and you should watch as many episodes as you can to get used to it and start liking it before you move on to the really good stuff.

Alright thanks for the tip Anons, I'll at least watch the try the recommended ones

>What's that do?

Attached: whatsthatdo.png (961x681, 401.15K)

>But why?
Good question, I don't get it either.

female fans hate him because he isn't a "forbidden romance" like Angel or Spike. Girls love bad boys and Riley is a farmboy goody two shoes.

Male fans just find him bland

Recently I have watched both Buffy and Angel, what are some other a bit older must watch titles?

Watch Farscape

Attached: FarscapeCast.jpg (1200x680, 145.77K)

I'm one of the few people who found Angel got worse as it went on. I liked the seedy detective portion, being chased by qt cop, and dealing with demon lawfirm cockblocking them constantly.

The whole MUH PROPHECY and the more grandiose the main plot got the worse it got.

"No. Leave the glasses on".
My respect for Wes grew three sizes that day.

Stargate