First time watching The Wire

>first time watching The Wire
>first season slow af, don't really get into it
>second season's great, new cool characters, interesting plots
>check online and people consider that it's the worst one

What do you guys think of the second season ?

Attached: the_wire-2.jpg (768x555, 49.44K)

no you didn't. the fifth is universally considered the worst.

it's the worst one

I think it's the worst season if not considering the whole picture. All in all, it's a very nice add up to the show and almost critical to make it such kino.

Second season is fine but it's hard going from the highs of Season 1 Barksdale gang to the lows and near peter out of Season 2. The dockworkers were all pretty compelling characters though and The Greek was kino.

5th is objectively the worst season, only brainlets think season 2 is bad.

Attached: franksobotka.jpg (400x400, 47.77K)

Season 4 is the best

S2 is great upon rewatch

for me, it's 2=4>3>1>5

Attached: 1587863487977.jpg (500x379, 70.52K)

I found season 2 a little jarring first time around, after building up the show around our group of police and the drug dealers, the shift in setting to the docks took a bit of getting used to, but rewatching it over the years I'd say 2 is probably the best.

Thr second season is my favorite. I think the redditor types were just angry it didn't focus on their pets.

S2 is pleb filter.

it's weird at first cuz of sudden change and build up takes a bit long but it really pays off.

Attached: franksobotka.png (500x647, 139.71K)

it still hurts bros.

Season 2 was my favorite
Season 1 was alright, really slow and low-stakes, literally a entire season of harassing hood niggers
I dropped it after the 3rd season finale, might go back later

thos entire show is boring as fuck

2 goat
3, 4 good
1 ok
5 shieeeeeet

Reminder that BET aired this show with season 2 cut out.

stick to capeshit pleb

I always gave up a few episodes in, tried like 4 different times to get into this show based on how acclaimed it is. I think the problem is that a story about FBI vs niggers just doesn't interest me

2 > 5 > 4 > 1 > 3

You are now aware that African Americans are gigantic racists and their racism is encouraged by leftists.

duh, have you seen black twitter?
‘white people baka bruh’
say the same thing the other way watch it get removed

Second season is my favorite.

Which season had best intro ?

the one with the tom waits intro of course

season 5 definitely was the worst. four was kind of bad. I like 1 the most, then 3 and 2 are pretty much equal, then a big drop to 4, then 5 was kind of bad.

david simon gets the credit as the creator but the real brains behind the writing is ed burns, and that shows best in the seasons where he has the most domain experience in. the scenes with the school and the newspaper have david simon all over them and it's lol-tier as a result. the only good things simon has ever written, he did with ed burns. look at the disasters he's done on his own like Treme for proof.

The second season is not bad but it's a contender for worst with five.

Season 2 poorly introduces the port characters. It drops you in the middle of a random trailer with like four characters you don't know, not making it clear why you care or even what they're talking about. There's also a scene in a bar where ziggy whips his dick out where you literally cannot tell what's being said because of the music and poor sound production. by this point another ten characters have been introduced but you don't know who the fuck they are or if you're supposed to care. Ziggy is a totally obnoxious character, not in a good, fun-to-hate kind of way, but in a this-is-unfun-to-watch kind of way, until his arc comes to completion. Nick, is also a terrible actor. Budget Ben Affleck bad, and BA is already of middling talent. Frank is easily the best of the port characters, including in terms of acting, but even though he has his moments he's still not very good. And Brother Mouzone is maybe the worst character/plotline of the entire show. Cartoonish.

Season five is rushed with the shorter episode order, and the plotline is farfetched in a way that feels out of character with the show. That being said, once you buy the premise, it's well produced, well acted, and maybe has the most clever and humorous dialogue of the entire series. Clay Davis and Freamon alone are worth watching it for, the ending is still poignant, and it is well paced and entertaining. I used to think it was the worst for the premise alone but on my last rewatch I appreciated that basically every other aspect of the season works. And it manages to recenter the show on McNulty, which was nice as a cap off to the show.

Season 3 and 4 are the best, season 1 is close behind, season 2 and 5 are last, but all are good.

For me? Its 3.

Unironically 1>2>3>4>5, it's almost like they tried to make it worse every season. Two has the most interesting palette, syncopated saxophones, upright bass, Tom Waits emotive growl, but it's too repetitive. One synches it with the best vocal performance by more than far, and as long as you forgive a pretty by the numbers instrumental section, maybe the best accompaniment as well.

Let's discuss Nicky's gf's tits instead

How could season five be so horrible? What where they thinking making the whole season revolve around a made up serial killer? It finally jumped the fucking shark.
For me? It’s hamsterdam. I work in the maritime industry so s2 was a bit bearable. I’ve actually docked in Baltimore and it really is a shitthole port, with horrible fucking line handlers who showed up half a minute before we were gonna throw lines

Attached: 420E8AE5-6244-4A23-8FE7-512C2BE902B1.png (729x407, 358.06K)

Its more like, FBI vs themselves and niggers vs other niggers as the show progresses

>made up serial killer
>the boring newspaper subplot
S5 just feels like a completely different show.

Based af. Gib hot sexy poor Baltimore Polish gf

Agree

Season 2 is great. The problem is that they then go back to the same black criminals as in season 1 so it ends up feeling sort of out of place as part of a 5 season series.

The decline in local journalism is as integral in the declining US city narrative arc as drug trade, failing schools, decline of working class, corrupt politicians, etc.

Fair enough, but don't you consider the Hamsterdam plot in season 3 to be far fetched?

Yeah but it didnt have to be so fucking boring.

This. The natural first impression is to be a bit turned off by season 2, because you're likely going in expecting more of Avon's crew, and if not, you're at least expecting more of a focus on the state of West Baltimore after the drug busts at the end of season 1.
But over time it develops into far more interesting storyline in many ways as you actually see criminals which feel a bit more sympathetic than the likes of Avon or Stringer.

This

I went exactly thru the same process as OP, almost quit during 1 until Kima gets shot then it gets good, on my first watch hated S2, then got addicted on S3 and 4, and 5 sucked but Marlo's crew kept it interesting enough and had to watch till the end

I'm convinced everyone in this thread puttin 2 at the top is trolling bigly.

Sure 2 isn't as bad as a lot of the critics say but to put it above 3, let alone 1? You wouldn't even get to 2 if one was bad get real fr

lol, imagine being a network called Nigger Entertainment Television, and by far the best show ever made depicting the plight of yo pypo was made by a white guy

2nd season was when I realised it was genuinely great, 1st was just an above average cops n robbers show.

Yes, but somehow less so. Also, I do think the pacing in part of it, season 3 had several more episodes, and it allows the plot to develop a bit more organically. It's like episode 4 before hamsterdam even starts being implemented, in season 5 the end of the second episode has Jimmy tearing apart a "crime scene" and strangling a corpse. You could almost see an under the table tactic like designated zoning happening, and it's played, at least to my eyes, a little less overstated.

I didnt like it but i stuck around. I consider 4 to be the best and i dont mind 5.

I liked it. 1st and 4th are the best though

The Greek won in the end, who was he?

High IQ post.

Budget Ben Affleck's wife had incredible tits.

Absolutely this. I watched the first episode of season one a couple of weeks before the next one. And then with increasing frequency. But never anything crazy. However seson two I literally binged in one sitting. It was the best TV I'd ever seen. And probably still is.

No denying that.

Why did the greeks not cut off his hands and face like Boris explained was their MO?

The futility of the war on drugs and the BPD's policing tactics are so apparent by Season 3 that the Hamsterdam concept doesn't seem far-fetched at all.

>le budget ben affleck
His average looks, zero charisma, flat delivery... it was perfect casting for Nick the boring lower class normie with zero prospects.

This is the correct answer. Anything else is objectively wrong.

a jew

it's the greek and the other guy who's actually greek who do it, they're probably too squeamish or rushed. I think there's even a scene where one of them says that it was sloppy and they wish boris had been there

Send a message

I might agree with this, personally i like 3 = 4 > 2 > 1 > 5

2>3>1>4>5

This is absolute objective truth and not debatable.

shit opinion for retards

I feel like a lot of stuff happens all the way through the second season. At the end of the first episode you already have 13 murders.

I just started s03, two eps in and I could not quote a single important event.
>some political shit
>a guy got out of jail
>a random cop got shot

That russian guy was their main guy and he wasn't there. Plus they said that Sobodka put up a hell of a fight. They were rushed, sloppy, beat up, and panicked because they thought they were going to kill the guy and be done but he turned it into a real fight.

Its all pretty bad and comically unrealistic

I lived in baltimore at the time lol. It wasnt like that at all. Its just ghetto tall tales to make the streets seem tougher and people look bad ass.

It was boring during those times. There were no organizations like that. Its just a cucks wet dream

Huh I thought the Russian dude was there with them but maybe he was arrested already, its been a while.

the worst one was whatever had to do with the shipping containers. like im trying to watch a story about black guys sell drugs and shoot each other, a white copy with a diversity cop, and jew writers

I think the second season is near the top. I think the first is the best. Season four is extremely overrated.

Same, it's been a while. I may have got it wrong, too.

You're witnessing the start of a turf war and a radical police initiative, keep watching. It's much better than 2 imo.

S1: slow introduction, needs 3 episodes to get you into it, but tight story and expectation beating ending, some amazing little scenes like the "fuck" scene. Drunk ass mcnulty scenes also awesome. could watch season 5-10x

S2: Less tight story with 3-4 main plot POVs, dock workers are kinda based but also lame as we want cops and drug dealers and a predictable ending. could watch season 2-5x

S3: Back to basics, Hamsterdam is an amazing arch, the city politics is great, drug dealer shit is great, cops are great. could watch season 5-10x

S4: Shakespearean tragedy of a plot with the stupid kids in school and my god is it tasty, peak political plot, great soul crushing ending. could watch season 5-10x

S5: jumps shark hard, kino ending montage makes it worth one watch.

Just got the bluray box set today lads, very excited.
>mfw I've only ever watched the pilot before

Attached: bunk sick.png (978x544, 564.63K)

>this fiction sure is unrealistic!

Attached: young-john-c-dvorak.jpg (1024x1536, 327.36K)

Third season is easly the worst one.
Carcetti's plot is not really engaging or have something to say until season 4, Cutty's plot is interesting concept made in uninteresting way, Brother Mouzone plot is cartoonish shit (although fun to watch). Only Hamsterdam plot was good.

Season 5 is maybe too over the top, but still was better.

Bruh! Just wait for season 3 to play out. It’s undoubtedly the best

season filters NPCs

It's 2>1>3=4>5

Season 3 is saved entirely by Stringer and his end.

1=3>2>4>5
Season Four is my favourite intro

I had a massive craving for a coffee and sausage, egg and cheese sandwich after Bodie and McNulty's conversation in the park.