Dragged Across Concrete

Give me your detailed and honest opinion on this film, please. Thank you.

Attached: p16531609_v_v8_ab.jpg (960x1440, 429.69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/11zTkYl1a2jMGP2ZYGotean4TMFdhAiY2/view?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not as good as Bone Tomahawk, better than Brawl
Better than 90% of the shit that gets put out now

boring, over the top on the nose without any form of subtlety, overlong without anything happening.

"muh nothing happens" is a stupid meme 90% of the time, but in this case it's true. there's literally no reason whatsoever to have it so fucking long. there's no interesting shots, nothing is communicated in any way, the overlong scenes don't serve any fucking purpose. it's just long for the sake of being long. I love long movies if they have a reason to be so long. I even liked the 4h dances with wolves version. But this movie is pure trash.

Bone Tomahawk is Zahler's only good movie

what did you dislike about brawl in cell block 99

I enjoy Zahler's movies because they remind of student stage plays. The dialogue is needlessly complex to the point of being out of place with the setting and excessive violence - They're like modern day reimaginings of Shakespeare plays

Idk, just felt like it went nowhere. And it was basically borderline capeshit, him with his semi-superpowers, the fantasy prison shit, it felt like a comic book.

it also had a little bit of what made me hate dragged across concrete, this on the nose political bullshit. "I'm a patriot, I smuggle drugs, but if we're gonna shoot at the boys in blue I'd rather go to prison". Just felt phony and over the top, like it was made for idiots. No subtlety, nothing. Even though it was just one scene in that one. Idk, overall it just wasn't my taste. It's still a lot better than most of the crap these days, but not really good. Like I said, Bone Tomahawk is his only good movie imo.

Tomahak>Brawl>Dragged

But they're all above average.

stopped watching because literally nothing happens

I was watching until the end waiting for something to happen every moment now, but nothing ever happened.

but that's not true at all, cops get suspended, they decide to knock off a criminal, the criminals are actually incredibly dangerous and rob a bank, they chase down the criminals one of them gets killed, the other successfully gets the money but dies because of his inability to trust a black chap

ITT anons that need to keep taking their ritalin

My honest opinion of this film is that I'm never gonna watch it. Why? Because it was touted on TV by semi-literate memelord Armond White, who
1: couldn't remember any other films made in 2019 except Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood, and
2: Referred to Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood as "Once Upon a Time in America".
Also he has teeth like a crackhead despite having a decent income.

nigga all of that was incredibly drawn into length and badly executed. i'm not even a fan of action movies, but that shit was just boring as fuck and felt extremely flat.

This film's great, I feel bad for anyone who doesn't have the patience to absorb all the build-up, the payoff is incredible. I was watching the climactic scene like I was there and my life was actually in danger. Immense

I liked it, the snazzy dialogue reminded me of old noir films. It was very over-long, though. The ending especially was very drawn out and messy. I would say it still hit the landing though, with a few bumps.

It's not an action movie, it's a crime movie.

>pay off
There is no pay off. It just slowly trickles out for 3 hours.

Why didn't Mel deserve the happy ending? He done nothing wrong, maybe not interfering with the robbery but that's it

if he wasn't a racist and just trusted the black man he would have lived and been very rich

Did you turn it off before the end or are you being deliberately obstinate?

Attached: Dragged_Across_Concrete-641352166-large.jpg (1920x800, 65.46K)

The nigger pulled a gun on him. The negros bullied his daughter. What did the long haired drummer kike mean by this?

Vince's character died like a bitch

that might technically be the pay off, but it was just as bland and boring as the rest of the movie. i was waiting for that scene for almost three fucking hours and all it did was make me feel cheated.

it's just a bad movie. which is somehow massively overrated by a small group of people.

So, how did you guys interpret the ending?

I took it to be a satire on the typical ending where the lowlife gets away and has money enough to last the rest of his life, in that here, we actually get to see how it pans out. How artificial his new life seems. He also doesn't really seem all that happy with the outcome and even asks his little brother if they can play the same game they played back when they were poor.

>great pacing
>great atmosphere
>great acting by Gibson and the black character (dont know the actor's name),
>outstanding villains
>interesting heist concept
>a bit preechy in the "give me your badges"-scene
>10/10 mother side-arc
>terrible conclusion
>silly deaths for street-hardened cops (especially Vaughn)
>a bit over the top at the end (why would someone whos been shot care about a fucking key)

6.5/10

>He done nothing wrong
What are you on about son. Don Johnson sums it up in the beginning, I think he calls him "a stemroller running on bile", and that he's "losing compassion and perspective".
He's arrogant, assured of his own abilities and right to financial compensation. He also has unexamined prejudices that lead to his downfall. He willingly lowers himself into a world of violent crime, and lo there are consequences.

Brawl in cell block - almost 10/10
Bone Tomahawk and Dragged - 9/10

So what, the guy didn't like spics

Nailed it, user, well articulated

Wtf is this retarded meme? Lots happens in all 3 of his movies this is just contrarianism

I pretty much agree with your take on Henry's ending. His mother's lying in bed and his brother's playing videogames, same as before, but it's the daytime and a big white room instead of their cramped appartment at night. It seems to be what he wanted but I think it's deliberately portrayed as a hollow victory.
Brett's ending is appropriate too, his family gets some money to move out but it cost him his life. He meant well for them but he was deeply flawed and made a lot of mistakes.

It's already been explained in the thread, user

>we want the righ-wing male audience to feel like this is "our" film

A24 crowd can't into genre film

A completely unwatchable disaster which never should have been made, which now compounds its error with near-daily shilling campaigns here.

Jesus this film filtered a few of you

>stopping the film halfway through just to introduce a mother character who's having separation issues with her child
>spend a good 15 minutes building her character out of nowhere
>just to blow her face apart

Actual unironic kino, I loved the shot where you see the van pull up outside the bank and you just know

>All these people mad that an exploitation film is exploitation

i used to think Zahler was an overrated dilettante, but this movie was actually good.

>Keep your hands raised. Cooperate. If you make any sudden moves, you will be executed. If the police show up, everyone will be executed.
Best bank heist scene since Heat

Attached: draggedconcrete07.jpg (1100x619, 106.34K)

I like when Mel and Vince drive past the bank after the crims take off and you can see the bank manager got his balls chopped off

it's kino, i had never seen a movie like this, it's like tomahawk where you that scene and then you are like ok this is unexpected.

i this one every scene is made in a way that i had never seen before, the bad guys actually felt like the most mean psychopath i had ever seen in any movie, truely terryfying caracters.

i enjoyed every minute of it.

people being mad at this are villeneuve fags obviously.

the heist ? the shootout ? the dialog ? the mom arc ?

it's all great and well made.

i hated brawl tho, i fell asleep and remember nothing about it

This was interesting, I thought about her situation after the film had ended more than I did Ridgeman's.
At first it really seemed like she was being overly fragile and should have been stronger, but then after everything that happens you realise her urge to stay with her baby was a natural impulse, and getting in the way of that for money caused her death. Great subplot, in the way it's a microcosm of the whole plot

Bone Tomahawk......my man!

Shit I didn't even notice that, I found the fat woman wailing at the window really upsetting somehow though

Here's the screenplay for anyone who's still in the thread
drive.google.com/file/d/11zTkYl1a2jMGP2ZYGotean4TMFdhAiY2/view?usp=sharing

That lion hunting game he played with that wheelchair kid took me out of the movie, PS4 games don't look like that and the fucking light on the controllers isn't even on.

Mel Gibson also looks cool as shit in this movie

Why do you type like this

Never felt bored anywhere, Comfy movie
I hope Craig zahler makes more movies in future

What were the logistics behind that? Was he playing a tape? The responses seemed pretty specific. And then later on in the movie during the shootout it's used again.

fucking reddit spacing, i just type enter when im done with my sentence, never been to reddit, been called out about this spacing for about 4 years now, probably by the same people who spend their life on reddit

The main henchman guy was really entertaining. Just an enormous asshole, shoots constantly to get his point across.

This

Good. The ending is meant to infuriate you and do something about it.

why did he shoot up the entire store after robbing the clerk

Because he straight up executed two people perfectly and had to make the scene look messy to get authorities off the scent of military-equipped professionals

Loved Michael Jai White in it.

I always knew the man had funny-bone and action star charisma, but I didn't know he could do dramatic acting.

>Bone Tomahawk is Zahler's only good movie
>Bone Tomahawk
>good

Will literally never understand this. It is a SyFy movie that somehow got Kurt Russel, Patrick Wilson, and the guy from Lost.

>muh slow burn

No, I like Westerns, I like slow burns. This movie is a shallow attempt at both.

That was so out of the blue it got me aswell when her fingers got shot off

I really liked bone tomahawk because I saw it when it first came out without knowing anything about it (I just rented a cowboy movie with russel), but I had no desire to watch brawl or this.
They just seem really ugly and mean spirited.

>The dialogue is needlessly complex to the point of being out of place with the setting and excessive violence
look at the big brain on this one

As opposed to the scene where they chop the cowboy man in half down from his dick?

No actually it hasn't because none of the explanations are accurate depictions of the movie, nice try though

I wouldn't even call it slow burn. I liked it was a western, but I liked it even more as Western Horror, a rare subgenre. It did a lot of things good, I really liked the characters, the comic relief old deputy was actually funny, they all worked very well together. Great dialogues.

He cared about the key because he wanted to spite the guys somehow with his last moment. He was about to be killed by these fuckers who betrayed him anyway, why not make it harder for them to betray you?

Because you just got shot and are in shock, hence my comment.

Did you want more explosions in the climax or something? Sounds like you're just not ready for operator kino

>operator kino
>just helps a woman who is crawling towards you from a bunch of dudes you saw massacre everyone at the bank earlier without frisking her first
OK CHAMP

Bizarre comment

to get the money for an armor van they decided to kill random people, collecting a few dollar each time. how many month did it take and how many death? hundred?

Yeah, it got me too. Why the fuck do you want to rescue a witness?

That shit was so fucking retarded. That time he robbed a fucking grocery store for some change dressed like he was about to infiltrate fort knox and shooting some chips bags with his silenced uzi the subsonic ammo he shot and his retarded gear were probably ten times more expensive than the few bucks he got from that store

the movie is full of shit like this

Attached: 1586346526705.png (657x527, 209.06K)