Does it hold up?

Does it hold up?

Attached: Supermario3tv.jpg (384x260, 31.62K)

i never managed to beat it

how fucking shit are you at gaming?

well shit when i got to the 8th world i had a shit ton of lives and items, i managed to pass that part with the hands grabbing you, but i had already spent hours getting there. there were no saves, and eventually i had to turn it off

was for you

NES is the eternal classic
2 and 3 added a bunch of bullshit
64 saved the franchise

THEY MADE A MOVIE OUT OF THIS?

Honestly something similar happened to me. Had a ton of lives but that eighth world is a bitch and a half. I should probably try to go back and give it another shot at some point.

Super Mario World is one of the greatest games of all time so shut your whore mouth. 3 was great as well.

Not even with warp whistles? What a fucking shit cunt. Git gud, no git average.

only level that should give you problems in world 8 is the one where you have to jump from a bunch of platforms and it scrolls really fast, everything else isn't that hard.

It was alright for its time. Better than the Super Mario World cartoon. Super Mario Bros Super Show is obviously the one people meme the most because it's so fucking weird. That and King Koopa's Kool Kartoons.

some zoomer who needs his hand held, unlimited continues and a rewind button

>The Adventures of Super Mario 3 Bros.
What did they mean by this?

2 and especially 3 are objectively and obviously better than 1. Same goes for World and Yoshi's Island which I'm gonna count.
64 didn't save shit, it just revolutionised what everyone already loved.

It was pretty hard tbf

Where is the third bro?

Try this game instead, it's a little easier.

Attached: SUPER GHOULS`N GHOSTS.jpg (640x420, 61.23K)

>Beat this as a kid
>Tried to play it again on a rom
>Got absolutely raped
>Had zero desire to keep going
How was the kid me so determined/gud?

so who was the mother?
>inb4 bowsette

Attached: 1180076-4047332556_7c58fdfa53_b.jpg (1024x878, 328.44K)

You didn't have a million other things, mainly the internet, competing for your attention.

Kid you had like two video games. It was this or nothing.

Clawdia Koopa

Attached: CK.png (360x360, 229.11K)

old games like that often lag when playing on modern tvs, or timing could be off due to it being pal region or you just suck

i also never managed to beat festers quest. i only had an nes and like 7-8 games. so not managing to beat 2 of them means im nnot that good

Contra 3, Super Ghouls and Ghosts and BT:Battlemaniacs were hard. Mario 3 is a fucking great game but it's a piece of piss in terms of difficulty.

fester's quest had stupid shit like not being able to shoot through walls and enemies that endlessly respawned and took too many hits to kill. just discovered recently that the european pal region version doesn't have those game breaking problems

The game I could never beat as a kid was thrillas surfari.
I remember losing in that fucking bullshit desert endlessly.

Probably this. I had the same thing with NES Konami Ninja Turtles, another game I beat. I downloaded that and after dying twice in the dam all I could think was "fuck this, gonna shitpost".

This but with Ninja Gaiden.

>parts that made you beg your parents for a game genie

Attached: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2016-02-21 12.22.46 2.png (700x335, 250.53K)

That's the very one that did me in, the one with all the cannons shooting at you as you jumped from ship to ship. That level felt like such a difficulty spike compared to the rest of the game.

Did kids really beat this back in the 90s? Seems like a boomer meme to me, even trannies that speed run it die regularly.

it's not that hard really. it's one of those games that takes trial and error and memorization of obstacles to master, like any shooter games really

idk about g&g but as a kid i just cheated to skip the level on ps1 games if i got really stuck. i also didn't finish the vast majority of games

wtf this isn't politics