You can only post in this thread if you were there, 3000 years ago...

You can only post in this thread if you were there, 3000 years ago, and saw the trailer of The Fellowship of the Ring in cinema.

youtube.com/watch?v=V75dMMIW2B4

Attached: 51VWfHDUmmL._AC_.jpg (338x500, 36.9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2UDTbQrOGa0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Trailer doesn’t do the movie justice desu

I was there and I still play dwarf fortress every week.

I know, it's a pretty shitty trailer and it didn't impress me at the time. Who knew the movies would be 10/10

I was in the womb my parents saw it, does that count?
yes, I am a zoomer, let me just hang myself and let you faggots get on with it

Looks like a shit anyone can watch on Si-Fi channel

TTT trailer in theatres blew me away as a kid. Catching a quick glimpse of the Helm's Deep battle got me hyped

I am justifiably disgusted and insulted by your age.

>be 10 in 2001
>see this fucking trailer
>pretty sure i entered puberty early from the hype
>lame-ass friends are all stoked for harry potter
>fellowship comes out
>ten times better than harry potter could ever hope to be
>mfw

Attached: 1444359955430.gif (160x160, 810.59K)

Only the true LOTR fan remembers this teaser containing the very first clips ever shown:
youtube.com/watch?v=2UDTbQrOGa0

I'm sorry I didn't see it til DVD release. I was 8. I saw TT and ROTK in theaters, though.

Don't remember the trailer but I did see the actual movie in the theater, and three times at that. Good memories, I want to go back

Attached: 1554411177461.jpg (960x986, 294.31K)

I was there the day the greatest fantasy saga was released.

Holy shit watching this really puts into perspective how terrible the colour grading these movies are. And no, I'm not talking about the Fellowship Extended blu ray fuck up, I'm talking about the trilogy as a whole. The colours just look so muted in the movie. The shots here look so much more lively.

I took the day off college to see the trailer plebeian

>saw the trailer of The Fellowship of the Ring in cinema.
>looked like Hocus Pocus
>child friend who read LotR was amazing in his seat
>thought it was about a cooky old wizard and kid having fun
>suddenly a bunch of people in orc costumes standing in a field

It looked silly and bad until I watched the movie

>tfw my parents practically dragged me to the FOTR
I thought it was gonna suck because who the fuck likes elves and shit. Damn, was I mistaken.

>Be me, 7yo
>Parents recently split
>Get to see Dad every second weekend, he'd take us to see movies and stuff
>Can't remember what movie we were watching, but trailer for this came up
>First time in months my Dad seemed genuinely happy
>He explained this movie coming out was based on his favorite book
Good times

I am as well

It's weird to think people used to get bullied for liking stuff like comic books and LOTRs, now it's cool to like them and you're a weirdo if you don't

I saw FOTR at the cinema. I think it's the only time I've ever seen people applaud a movie.

Pretty similar, I was 11 at the time and my dad took me pretty much right after we saw the trailer in theaters to get the books so I could read them.

Your dad will never love you.

I only heard about it after it came out on vhs, and I made my parents rent it from blockbuster that weekend. When it was done I was like “wtf, we have to wait for another movie?” Zoomers here may not realize this but back when lotr came out trilogies werent really a thing, even after star wars came out usually films were about 90 minutes and had a beginning middle and end.

Attached: EB268E2A-2255-4D1B-8BE6-49A10A215C25.jpg (900x720, 86.75K)

I remember getting made fun of for liking Raimi's Spider Man. Later the same people are the big fans of Game of Thrones and the Marvel capeshits.

>Sa..salted pork?

>applaud a movie.
I've only seen this once as well
>Watching GOTG
>Some Asian family with young kids start clapping during the "I AM GROOT" scene
>A fat neckbeard screams at them "SHUT THE FUCK UP"
>Spend the rest of the movie holding back laughter
It was pretty based, ngl

My mother forbid me from watching LOTR because she was religious. I didn't really know about the movie until years later.

The Two Towers trailer was a huge meme in my household.
>Look for your friends... but do not trust to hope *looks down at dropped sword*
>I come back to you now... at the TURN of the TIDE

thats because nerd culture back then hasn't been invaded by normies yet. If you liked shit like star trek, d&d, world of warcraft, warhammer table top, comic books etc. you belonged to that wide bracket of virgin geeks/nerds that get bullied. Now that normies have exhausted every culture it was inevitable that they move into every facet of 'geekdom'

Attached: 1563997889253.gif (500x377, 205.19K)

i actually saw it at the cinema, ahead of Tomb Raider

Not even that, but I managed to read the books at the age of like 7 or 8, so I was already FUCKING HYPED when I learned the film was getting made.

My mom loved LOTR because she was religious

You must be older than me, born in the 80s? I was only ten when it came out, and liking LOTR was cool

I remember this trailer. I don't think I saw it in the cinema though, maybe joblo or apple trailers or somewhere.
The difference in tone to the actual final movie is so stark.

>film with christian themes including a literal death and ressurection
>NOOOOOO ITS DEMONS