Le epic space movie

>le epic space movie
Was this the most overrated movie of all time? Kubrick was a hack.

Attached: 1_oGtJQ6pcuEZMo9A1SEUAJA.jpeg.jpg (420x630, 63.82K)

Not really zoomer muttskin. You just have shit taste and a fried brain from a constant bombardment of left wing propaganda

Zoomer take, but Clockwork Orange is unironically bad and 2001 was fantastic.

yes

this is the only movie in my entire life that put me to sleep

calm down matthew

Attached: ConfusedMatthew-NewImage4.jpg (344x290, 12.33K)

I actually have graduated from film school, it's an educated take. Which you dont have if you think this movie is good.

The ultimate pleb filter.

Do you even have any knowledge of cinema? This is one of the worst movies ever made, and it pales in comparisons to similar French movies made about space.

you should get your money back if you've come out of film school with that shitty take

I speak from a position of authority, so when I speak, why don't you listen and pay attention. Maybe you'll learn a thing or two.

It was really avant garde at the time but hundreds of films since then have sampled the things that it did well and done them even better.
Its totally okay to not think its great in 2020, but just give it the respect it deserves

>all those idiots falling for it
Hating on 2001 is like the oldest possible form of baiting, stop giving attention to this retard.

Attached: 1588126059567.gif (500x281, 1.85M)

>I speak from a position of authority
you're a moron
you are absolutely correct

by filtering only plebs in

It was a technical marvel and that fact that Kubrick managed to do what he did without CGI for the most part is incredible. The film has multiple iconic shots and visually is still pretty stunning. Now is it a fun movie to watch? Eh no not really imo. I think it's like citizen kane where if the film was released today it simply would be regarded as good but not amazing or revolutionary. I find Dr. Strangelove or A Clockwork Orange to be more much fun to actually watch but that's just my opinion.

Compared to some indie French films that were produced around the same time, it looks even more like garbage.

>I speak from a position of authority, so when I speak, why don't you listen and pay attention
this is bait

Attached: 1569612777886.jpg (550x366, 66.46K)

Continue thinking this film has any sort of relevance, it's a shitty movie and extremely overrated.

>doesnt like Kubrick
>must be bait
You're an idiot

The difference is that 2001 actually got some sci-fi nerds into theaters as well, which helped to expose a lot of the unenlightened about how good films can be
Foreign films just couldn't do that at the time, hell idk if they can even do it now

nobody hates it, it's just overrated and boring
stop projecting, exercise, eat healthy and have sex

French films have always been superior to American ones. 2001 is a garbage movie and the effects are trash.

>film school

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 80.29K)

it's a propaganda movie

I bring it up because it explains that I speak from a place of intellect, don't be smug because you can't understand cinema.

>gets btfo'd in one thread so he makes another about a different director with the same film school dropout schtick
Sad!

That's a pretty subjective and argumentative take user
You seem upset

No its what someone with actual knowledge of cinema would say.

Interstellar is objectively superior to this insomnia cure and that's not even a good movie either

Fully agree. That movie is garbage, however.

>one of the most famous and beloved movies ever actually filters plebs on Zig Forums
Why is this board so full of retards and zoomers?

Filtered

Its a great 60's film but it has long been surpassed by numerous movies

>critics suck its dick so it must be good
I can tell you dont have any education in the field of cinema.

like what?

Literally the greatest film of alltime.

>hundreds of films since then have sampled the things that it did well and done them even better.
Honestly, please name a few. I really can't think of any movies that does what 2001 does better than it. The closest I can think of is Interstellar which clearly apes off of 2001, but despite having access to CGI and a few cool scenes that movie is a joke. Despite being considered one of the greatest sci-fi movies ever made not that many movies tried to rip off of it.